Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Peltast II class Interceptor

Status
Not open for further replies.
1vxGPBm.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a successor to the Peltast I class interceptor
  • Image Source: [X]
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: [X]
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Interceptor starfighter
  • Length: 12.5m
  • Width: 7.5m
  • Height: 2.6m
  • Armament: Average
  • Defenses: Very Low
  • Squadron Count: Low: 8
  • Maneuverability Rating: Very High
  • Speed Rating: Very High
  • Hyperdrive Class: Average 1.5
STANDARD FEATURES
  • Holonet acces
  • Emergency support system
  • Standard life support system
  • Standard communications array
  • Standard sensor Array
  • Repulsor lift conversion engines
  • Landing gear
  • Standard starfighter hyperdrive
  • Automated Navicomputer.
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • Very High offensive power: Being probably the only small craft in its class using a single barrel NZ HP1 Turbolaser at each of its wings, makes this one hell of a powerhouse in terms of its firepower, as no other starfighter or interceptor can boast the presence of Turbolasers in its arsenal, yet thanks to the strong frame of the ship, it manages to maintain this weight on its wings relatively easy. Additional FLAK guns give it some additional flexibility.
  • Overall speed and mobility: Thanks to the Hermes 760i LFD [light fusial drive] engines, this ship is more than capable of reaching 115 MGLT and an atmospheric speed of 1200 km/h, add to that a slightly improved design, strengthened wings to allow for better turns at higher G forces, and you have yourself a well balanced recipe.
  • Droid Support: Taking a note from the benefits of astromech droids, the Peltast II features a ZEUS droid brain installation at its center, allowing for better and faster maneuvres, emergency support and even autopilot in case of any need for it or an emergency. The ZEUS can technically fly the ship at about 75% capacity without any pilot, making it a very valuable ship, especially for groups where not every pilot gets replaced so easily within the system.
WEAKNESSES
  • Very low Defense: To save space for the ZEUS droid brain and to avoid putting too much weight onto the Peltast, it's been decided not to install a shield generator within these ships, somewhat forcing anyone using them to put only their best ace pilots into it, as those are most likely to survive and bring down a few enemies at the same time.
  • Weak to EMP: Due to the ZEUS droid brain's importance in the ship's functions, an electromagnetic pulse may scramble or even fry not just the ship's systems, but also force the ZEUS droid brain into a reboot, which could pose some serious issues to pilots in the middle of a dogfight, as this reboot can take up to several minutes.
DESCRIPTION
The Peltast I class interceptor had been one of the earlier designs of Nargath Holdings and thus pre-dated N&Z Umbrella Corporation's influence, now the company has decided to finally update and improve upon the old design. Though by no means an instant successor, it IS meant to succeed the Peltast I in due time, as the Peltast I has proven to be much cheaper to build and maintain, thus still having some potential for extra sales. The Peltast II class interceptor continues on the Peltast I's solid structure, improving upon it by using tough doonium plating and internal bracing, duraplast manifolds and molds for the weapon placements and most importantly, thanks to the increased stiffness and support withing the skeletal frame and wingstructure, Nargath Holdings has decided to grant this interceptor the highest possible firepower within it's class, by mounting a NZ HP1 turbolaser on each wing to overwhelm any lesser starfighter.

ZEUS droid brains are installed to find a common ground between fully unmanned starfighters and the old astromech guided starfighters, utilizing the droid brain in a similar way to the astromechs, just slightly more efficient and safer.

EDITs made:
Replaced HP1 turbolasers and Flak turrets with NZ RF 600 rotary blaster cannons
Lowered Armament rating from Very High to average
raised speed and maneuvrability from high to very high.

Last edited:
Credius Credius

On reviewing this submission I have concerns about the weapons which you've chosen to include in it.

Both the AFT-14.4000 Flak and the NZ HP1 Turbolaser seem to be built around being capital ship emplacements and as such would be far too large to be placed on a starfighter.

Credius Credius

Thank you for making that change.

However, I have to note that the rotary blaster cannons have a stopping power of Very High. With three of them, plus the lasers and missile launchers I feel you have more than an average rating here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom