Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skirmish Falling to the Earth like Black Snow [Jedi & Sith]

Cortana_Div.png

Her head whipped around, taking in her surroundings now that everything descended into...even more chaos?

"Stay glued to my ass," he said to anyone who'd listen, and went for it.

She snapped back around - "Ya-Right," given everything that was going on around them, this was a command she could easily follow. She pivoted and reached out, letting some of the other hostages cut in front of her and fall in line with Jorus' pathway through; She trailed in right after them.
In her stride she looked her arm over -- like she didn't know herself. The plasma going right through them? That was...

A worry for another day, whatever it was got her this far.

Jorus Q. Merrill Jorus Q. Merrill | @Anyone else, idk

Cortana_Div.png

Aramea Bel

Cutest Little Murder Hobo
The hum of a saber behind Aramea gave her pause, halting her search. Were they not playing Hide and Seek? Or was she simply not the seeker, and just lost the game? It was the former, Aramea reasoned as she felt something strike the back of her head with a thunk, and the same voice from before shout, "Oi! Bogan-thing, I think you should go and play somewhere else!"

Abruptly the horrific smile fell from Aramea's face, replaced by a childish pout. "Well that's rather rude," the woman complained as she turned around, only to take a step back and recoil, opening her mouth to allow a strange insectile buzzing to be emitted from her throat. A hiss. Aramea did not know what that weapon was. It may have had the form of a lightsaber, but it was something else. Some primal, animal part of Aramea despised it. Feared it even. But Aramea was more than an animal. More than some creature. More than a 'Bogan-thing'. She was Sith.

The spawn's eyes flicked up to the felshlings face. A young girl, still in her teens. "What is that dreadful thing?" Aramea asked, still scowling at the gold blade. "Where did you get it?"

Fallon Draellix-Kobitana Fallon Draellix-Kobitana

Untitled996_20231227143323.png

Objective: Make Sith troopers life difficult, rescue injured natives
Tags: Aramea Bel Aramea Bel

Fallon looked at the, woman? In front of her as she emitted a strange hissing sound.

"What is that dreadful thing?"

She raised an eyebrow. "This? Its a lightsaber, its my lightsaber, it was a gift from the children of Ashla. You can touch it if you'd like?" the girl teased as she spun it in the air moving from one defensive pose to another. "What are you, if you pardon my asking?"

<<Fallon, you need to get the hostages and prepare for withdrawal, the Sith have taken ground and it is no longer safe.>> A voice came through her implant and she replied with a thought. <<I am close to a small group. I'll get them and be ready.>>

The group were so close but so far with this creature between the two of them. "So it sounds like I'm going to be leaving soon, how about you let me take this little group of survivors and I'll let you go about your way?" she let out a little laugh, it was highly unlikely the Bogan would just walk away. But it was only polite to ask. Fallon changed her stance and advanced towards to trapped people, holding her head high. She kept her eyes on the other woman, waiting to see if she just truly wanted to play, or if she would attack.

Aramea Bel

"This? Its a lightsaber, its my lightsaber, it was a gift from the children of Ashla. You can touch it if you'd like?"
A lightsaber. Aramea hissed once more, the low buzzing reverberating through the air. Ashla, Aramea did not know the term, but its utterance stirred an emotion that the woman was unfamiliar with. A low fire, licking at the base of a tree trunk, blackening its bark and threatening to set the whole thing ablaze at any moment. If Aramea touched that blasted thing, it'd only be with her own saber.

"I am Aramea Bel," the woman answered as if it actually answered anything, scowling all the while. "Who are you speaking to?" Aramea asked, her frown worsening when the girl didn't answer her immediately. And when she did speak to poor Aramea, she ignored her question entirely. "Survivors?" the woman echoed. "Oh, is that what made that noise earlier?" the woman said, realization dawning on her at last. "Hmm. How about we play a game? If you win you can take the other fleshy things with you wherever it is you're trying to go." A sweet smile formed on the womans face, entirely unlike that horrid one from before. "If I win, I get to eat you, and keep your Ashla thing?"

CS3FUG8.png

"Death is a pathway," countered the Dark Lord, "To something greater."

Darth Carnifex took His seat upon some nearby rubble, placing the jagged blade of His sword against the ground and leaning upon it's pommel. The fingers on His left hand twitched, and the icon he had been carving flew up from where He left it and landed right in His open hand. It was only half-finished, the vague outline of a face much like His own chiseled into the stone. He looked it over once before lobbing it towards the ground between Him and Kahlil, the icon rolling awkwardly up towards the Jedi Master's feet.

"Keep fighting, Kahlil. The Sith will keep taking, the Alliance will keep taking, and the Order will keep taking bits and pieces from you until you've got nothing more to give. Fight, fight, fight, until all that remains is dust." The Dark Lord laughed, ruefully. "They'll demand everything of you, and you'll give it all without a second thought. What a second life you've been given, from a puppet doomed to die to a puppet doomed to serve."

His eyes looked straight into Kahlil's, the intensity unwavering. "Sometimes your mother asks about you, but I don't tell her much."

Fallon smiled, unused to the etiquette on display from the creature, but also aware that these sort of things could very easily be a manipulation tactic, the Sith were not to be trusted.

"I'm Fallon, and I was talking to you." she replied to the woman. Her offer illicted a curl of a smile on the girls face, she liked games and it was hard not to take the challenge. "Sure, I'll play along, what games do you like?" she asked.

<<The chance of a sith honoring a bargain even if you do win is basically zero you know.>>

<<No shit mum.>>

<<Language Fallon! Non-verbal still counts! I'm not some squaddie remember>>

Fallon grinned at the response from above, her language had become more colourful in the last couple of years as she mixed more with the remnant military, that was a slip up that she might regret layer.

She held her blade towards Aramea Bel Aramea Bel , inviting her to start this game. No doubt it was a trick, Fallon did not intend to be eaten, nor did she intend to lose her saber. It was a choice between accepting the terms on the slim chance that Aramea might honour them, or refusing and having to fight her anyway.

Aramea Bel

"Oh, how delightful!" the woman exclaimed with joy, her free hand coming up and covering her heart. Unrestrained glee shown in feverish eyes that seemed to track every movement that Fallon made, every twitch of muscle and draw of breath. "Well, I must say, I am quite partial to a good old game of cat and mouse," Aramea then said, a finger to her lips as if in thought. "If you can get to your little fleshy friends, and escape my forest, you win! I won't pursue you anymore. But..." Aramea took a step forward, her parasol slowly turning in her grasp. "If i catch you..." somewhere, the sound of concrete splitting open began to echo as rumbles shook the earth. "I'll eat you alive!"

The ground beneath Fallon burst open, black trunks of wood sprouting from the ground. The tree towered, clumped so close together it was almost impossible to move between them. Absolutely maze-like. And to make matters worse, they stretched tall enough to dim the light of day. "Let the games begin, Miss Fallon! May the best player win!" Aramea's voice echoed and giggled through the forest.

Not as large as she'd have liked. The spawn was not as skilled as her mother, nor as talented. She'd have to practice much more, but at least all the tasty fleshlings she'd eaten on the way over had given her a nice little boost of power. Almost a whole city block. Her forest would make a splendid arena.

So the game begins...

Fallon stepped to the side as a tree erupted near her feet and sealed her off from the surroundings she ran to the place where the... fleshy things... were hiding and using telekinesis lifted a large chunk of rubble from above them, there were four of them, two adults and two children, one looked half Fallon's age. "Come on, we've got to get out of here, follow me." she heard the cackling from the other woman and looked at the sobbing of the youngest survivor. "Here, hold this, Ashla will protect you from harm?" and she handed her rosary to the youngster before leading the flight away from their hiding place.

The group began to run along with the teen finding their path between the dark trunks. <<Mum, can you see this?>>

<<No visuals, the canopy is too thick, I'm running density scans and I think I can get you a path, I will send it to your implant the moment I have them... ashla protect her>> her mother replied, the last words being quieter and to herself.

Fallon continued, trying to spot a path and hoping that Aramea Bel Aramea Bel would at least give them a fair head start. Her saber was still in her hand ready if needed.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

First blind, now deaf. This guy really was gunning to kill her. And yet, the force didn't betray her. And she trusted it with her life.

She commited to the slash at the sith's face, Liz's path undisturbed by the sonic blast that had hit her. She needed to keep on the attack, not letting him knock her away from a killshot, and yet, she knew the attack from behind was coming. Her tail flicked up, but rather than the saber that glowed ruby going to block, it shined, and a spirit tiger, black in fur with deep blue stripes, burst forth, before shifting into a Force Ghost that held the ruby saber instead, diving at the mirror image of the sith with deadly intent, holding a Form I block against both sabers, before a blinding light flashed from the saber and the ghost's eyes, hoping to severe the connection between doppleganger and host.

Tag: Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr

Aramea Bel

The trees spoke to Aramea. They were Aramea. The leaves rustled and whispered to Aramea that the Jedi had already rescued the other fleshy creatures from beneath the concrete. Aramea pouted as she walked through the forest, the branches parting for her. "Aw, that was so quick though! I was hoping she might take a little longer getting them out." Her dress swished along the ground, the bits of concrete the trees had broken through clattering as she kicked them away. "Its no fun if they escape right away! Well, if she's going to be such a spoil sport...let's slow them down a little!"

Above the groups head, the leaves shook, one falling to the ground. "Don't be so quick to leave," Aramea's voice echoed through the forest, "there's still so much fun to be had!" A whip cracked as a vine shot down from the tree's canopy. The vines lashed itself around the youngest of thee group, yanking them upwards as they began to scream. "Remember, you have to get everyone out! I hope you didn't think I'd make this easy for you..."

The youngster screamed as they were hoisted into the air by the vines. Fallon looked up, then looked back from where she had come with a grumpy look on her face. "Stupid Bogan, there's a reason everyone tries to purge your kind." she jumped up and grasped a low branch from the tree and swung her lightsaber towards the vine that wriggled out of her way the first time, as if repelled by her sword, but probably just trying not to play nice. The parents and the other child looked onwards, panic stricken and not fully convinced that this Ashlan child would be able to rescue them all.

Fallon heaved herself onto the branch and used it to balance a couple of metres off of the ground before again trying to cut the small child down. "Be ready to catch her." she called down, shutting her eyes to focus for a moment and listening to the turbulent force. Fallon took two steps to the end of the branch and then jumped out. She spun in the air and cut the vine with her golden blade before tumbling to the flaw. A thorn had cut her face and she bled from the corner of her mouth to half way up her lip giving her a rather sinister looking assemetric smile, not unlike the creature who had grinned at them on the clearing. " We need to move!" This wouldn't be the last chalenge. Dad had caught his falling ward but the girl was nearly catatonic with fright and would need to be carried for the time being.

~~Just fight me Aramea, leave the innocents, they dont need to die.~~ she sent a message out non-verbally hoping the Bogan might here her.

SF-3335 SF-3335 had successfully escaped the ramming attack and he barely had time to correct, the warning of the Force screaming out to him as he gunned the engines on instinct, weaving through the burst of gunfire from her bike, some of it blowing off the side of his bike.

He responded by pulling a trick. With cold icy will he teleported himself and the bike he was riding slightly closer to Hers, not going for a ramming attack, but pulling free his lightsaber and activating the blade out of the destroyed side of his still barely working bike, holding the blade out low, so it would hopefully cut open her bike and then her as he passed by.

Aramea Bel

Aramea's lips curled into a gleeful smile as the smallest of the fleshlings screamed, fly up towards the tree's canopy, her sickly blue lips like the deep depths of the ocean. The ones below stood still, panic-struck as the tasty one leapt onto a branch and attempted to free the youngling whilst saying something about purging 'her kind'. Her kind? But there was only one of her, and Aramea was blessed to have been created by Mother, to be born of one of Grandfather's precious relics.

The first swipe of the girl's saber missed as Aramea playfully bounced the youngling up and down like a yo-yo, the saber coming dangerously close to the little one's body. "Oh, be careful!" Aramea teased, her voice coming through the leaves of the trees like a gust of wind. "If you kill one, they don't all escape, and that means I win!" Aramea reminded the Jedi, just as the child was finally freed, and plummeted down into the arms of the oldest.

'Just fight me Aramea, leave the innocents, they dont need to die.'

The Sithspawn frowned at the words echoing in her head. "You promised to play a game with me," Aramea hissed, her voice like the rasping of a file against wood. "Are you going to quit now? Right at the start? You're no fun." Leaves all around them rustled once more. "No. I think I'll make you play." Vines shot forward from all directions each grabbing onto one of the fleshling, save the Jedi. Screams echoed as they were all yanked into the depths of the forest in different directions, the shadows obscuring them completely.

Then silence.

"Run along and find them now. Before they're gone forever."

Call Sign: Tempest Four
Dialogue Legend: <<Ghoul-Speak>> │ “Galactic Basic”
Direct Engagement: Nathan Bloodscrawl Nathan Bloodscrawl

Elation surged through SF-3335’s senses as her bullets struck home, ripping out an entire side of the masked Jedi’s speeder bike—which likely included one of the engines and perhaps some of the stabilizers, in the process. With those gone, the advantages that his bike had possessed in speed and acceleration over her machine would be markedly reduced, if not outright nullified. With that realization, the strand-cast bared her teeth in a feral, bloodthirsty sneer as she drove the Crimson Velocity towards her wounded prey. She was just about to unleash another salvo, her crosshairs aligned on the other side of the enemy bike so as to take out its remaining engine, when suddenly…

He disappeared.

Bike and rider were gone in an instant, as if the air itself had sucked them into a hidden vacuum. SF-3335’s expression quickly shifted into a frown, confusion marked across her lightly-freckled features as her mind began to process what her eyes were telling her. The strand-cast’s first thought was that it was a cloaking device, but it was rare that they rendered one invisible in such a sudden, instantaneous fashion. In that, she quickly moved on to the next possibility. She knew that her enemy was a Jedi or at the very least, a Force-user. He could have cloaked or camouflaged himself with the Force itself. Perhaps that was faster than doing so through technology?

However, before the strand-cast could come to a conclusion regarding that train of thought, her bike’s sensors pinged an alert into her awareness. Her ears registered it as well, the howl of an engine approaching from her flank. And with it, came a sound that was far more ominous and ingrained into her memory—the snap-hiss of a lightsaber.

SF-3335 reacted instantly. A quick mental command delivered through her neural interface cut the repulsors, at which point the strand-cast intentionally rode the Crimson Velocity down, causing the machine to let out a screeching protest as the outriggings and underside collided with the ground, throwing out clumps of dirt and grass, sparks, fairing panels, and bits of metal in the process. Her objective had been to get as low to the ground as possible, even knowing that she would damage her bike, so as to avoid the humming blade of the Jedi’s lightsaber. In that, she succeeded. The blade missed her by a narrow margin. Only by tucking her head into the dashboard did she save it from being removed from her shoulders—a permanent, irreversible fate, compared to the relative inconvenience that was a damaged speeder bike. Even so, the urgency of her situation was revealed in the fact that said damaged bike was her lifeline. SF-3335 was very much aware of that fact now, her large, bug-like eyes narrowing in focus as the damage reports streamed down her HUD and poured into her awareness through the neural interface. Energy torpedo launchers, destroyed. Left side stabilizers, disabled. Air scoops, disabled. Two machine guns, destroyed. Left side auxiliary boosters, destroyed.

SF-3335 felt the effects as soon as she reactivated the repulsors and pulled the Crimson Velocity back up, until the bike was hovering less than a meter above the ground, albeit in a shaky fashion. The handling was more or less compromised, to the point that she felt the bike trying to spin out from under her almost as soon as it came up from the ground. Nevertheless, for a pilot of her skill, the bike was still rideable and with the damage that she had inflicted on the Jedi’s bike, she knew that he would be suffering similarly.

There would be no excuse for failure, here.

Sliding her bike across the ground had slowed her down considerably, causing the masked Jedi to fly past her. However, he was still dangerously close to her. Seeking to open up more space, SF-3335 gritted her teeth and pulled back on the vanes, sending the Crimson Velocity flying in reverse at a blistering pace. Simultaneously, the strand-cast lined up the now slightly shaky, unstable crosshairs over the back of the enemy bike and laid on the trigger while still riding backwards. On cue, a barrage of 14 explosive slugs exploded out from the barrels of her remaining two machine guns in a single sustained, staccato burst of fully automatic fire delivered from 20 meters away, aimed to strike the Cheetah in its rear and hopefully, destroy the machine for good.

Craft: Crimson Velocity
Loadout:

Last edited:
The Force Scream had bought him time, but not nearly the amount he wanted, it was a desperate gamble as he pushed the Force through his lightsabres, pushing against the incoming momentum of the Cathar warrior, slowing her advance, pushing his form back, it bought him milliseconds, barely enough time.

Barely enough.

The hissing of four blades erupted between them, as Malum breathed deeply, red eyes gazing upon blue, as her Je'daii blade was held in place by his lightsabre, her ghostblade held in place by his second. Plasma hissed as they kissed in their deadly embrace, pushing against each other, as muscles tensed and pushed, looking to gain any advantage.

It had been a close run thing, his face to be a casualty if he had been even a second slower.

Yet it mattered little now, she was pinned, and her momentum halted.

And there was still one figure left in the fight.

Though the Doppelganger, nor Malum, had expected to face a fourth. Yet such was the opposition that they found, as another ghost appeared on the field, the Doppelganger's twin blades blocked in a shocking manoeuvre, yet it mattered little, the momentum still propelled it forward. Propelled it forward into a trap, darkened eyes were widened as Force Light emerged out of the third blade of the Jedi, out of the eyes of the ghost that it faced. The Band began to rapidly warm, desperation to keep the Doppelganger stable, all until.

Another boon from his Mistress saved him. Out from his cloak, a tiny pin made for a singular purpose, designed to martyr itself against the Light, committed to its function, just close enough to be within the range of the Doppelganger, the light that struck its target faded away, as quickly as the pin did.

There was little time to think, the initiative passed back to him. With the momentum of temporary flight still active, both sabres of the Doppelganger moved for separate targets, one to bypass the Ghost's own, and cut straight through, to send it back to where it came. The other to bypass the ghost entirely.

To end this fight by stabbing the Cathar straight through the back.

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

You never really expect it to hurt that much. No matter the blow, nothing really prepares you for pain.

Getting stabbed through the chest? Yeah, that hurts.

And yet, the Cathar stood firm, a red blade sticking right through her, as she pulled out Alex with her tail, and opened fire on the sith's chest as they were locked up. Now was the time to flee. But first she needed some distance between them, and to get this saber out of her. It burned, Sylvar it burned.

She hoped that getting shot in the chest fifteen times would break his concentration long enough...

Tag: Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr

Fallon shrieked as she watched the family get divided by the vines, pulled in every direction. The Bogan don't play fair, that much was obvious, but she expected at least a little gamesmanship, she was one person, she couldn't split herself up like that. She breathed deeply, centering herself in the force before pulling her blade close to her and stepping into the forest. She channeled her own force light through the light crystal of her blade to ward off the vines that wished to grasp her. She could feel the presence of at least one of the hostages, but she could also feel Aramea all around her. "Are you going to give me a clue? What do you want? If you kill them what is to stop me having my mother glass this entire place with you in it?" there was threat in her voice, she was Ashlan, she did was it took to outshine the darkness.

Aramea Bel

A gleeful grin spread across Aramea's face as she watched through the trees, and heard Fallon screech as her objectives were wrenched away from her all at once. Though, not as wide as the horrible smile she'd shown earlier.

Aramea circled the Jedi. She gave her a wide berth, but circled nonetheless, a predator silently stalking its prey. Toying with it before finally delivering the killing blow. She watched as Fallon silenced herself, stood still and motionless. And then she delved into forest, deeper into Aramea's domain. The chittering of sticks cracking, leaves rustling, and trees groaning followed her all the while. On occasion, Aramea decided to allow a vine or two reach out and try to grasp the Jedi, some lazy, some quick and threatening, all them harassing her. Keeping her on edge.

"Are you going to give me a clue? What do you want? If you kill them what is to stop me having my mother glass this entire place with you in it?"

"Kill them? Now, that wouldn't make for a very good showing, would it?" Aramea's voice echoed from all around Fallon. The rustling of the leaves and the groaning trees themselves seemed to become the Sithspawn's voice, her own echo. "No, there's no fun in killing little fleshlings like them. But I suppose, if they cause too much of a fuss..." the forest hissed. All at once the trees seemed to lean in towards Fallon, the thick canopy above blocking out what little light she had, leaving her in utter darkness, save the glow of her saber.

Aramea flitted between the trees, her strolling steps leaving behind audible sounds of leaves crunching beneath her feet as she circled Fallon, closer now. Close enough that Fallon might glimpse her pallid form at the edge of the light. "As for your clue," Aramea's voice was but a whisper this time, a gust of wind at Fallon's feet. A scream cut through the air from somewhere behind Fallon, and a small path began to open in the trees. Tight, narrow, and almost certainly a trap. "I'd say that's plenty."

She had succeeded where he had thus far failed, yet there was little time to feel the sting of that self-declared failure, as the epiphany of victory, took hold, still locked in a deadly embrace with the Cathar, he could not help the smirk that broadcasted freely on his features, as just beneath him, through the chest of the Jedi, a red lightsabre was protruding through.

He felt her form weakening, this was the end, he would break her guard, and it would all be over.

Yet she seemingly still had one last trick up her sleeve.

Amidst the hisses of their lightsabres locked, amidst the smell of burning flesh, amidst the landscape of a world at war, in the corner of his eye, he spotted the blaster held by her tale.

He lept back, breaking their deadly lock, as within less than a second, an uncountable many blasterbolts fired in his direction, his breathing narrowed, slowing, deeper breaths taken in each instance, as all focus was returned to him, he felt no resistance as the doppelganger faded, Ophidia returning to his mind, him believing that this was the final hurrah of the Jedi, a last chance to take both him out and her, as there was no chance she could survive that stab wound.

A bolt was deflected, then another, then another.

He grit down, too many still.

He willed the Force about, feeling its energy taught to its will.

And he pushed.

Plasma energy shout out of a blaster could have its momentum turned around just as easily.

Stopping right in front of him.

Before he slung them back toward their master.

This was the end.

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Nathan had only a second to react from SF-3335 SF-3335 's whirling change in tactics that had placed her behind his bike. And this time, there would be no saving his bike. So he didn't try.

He instead powered backward, diverting all power to engines rocketing backwards, using the Force to shield himself as three of the explosive shells whizzed by him. One impacted, completely blowing off the back portion of his bike, another blasting off his remaining weapons, and he extended his shield around his bike with great effort to at least stave off the worst effects of her explosive shells, greatly straining as he sped backwards at ramming speed, teleporting behind her once more, lever action rifle whipped out while the bike still sped backwards to her position about to explode in her face.

Whether she swerved to avoid it he was already firing at her, hoping to catch her in the cockpit as she would almost certainly try to evade his deadly trick...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom