Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Vehicle GASB-37 Cheetah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maker of Stuff and Things.
Factory Judge

ab299b847a22d4a188e57dcfb01eb2ee.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a new scout vehicle for the GA.
  • Image Source: Here
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Si Tech
  • Affiliation: Galactic Alliance
  • Market Status: Closed Market
  • Model: N/A
  • Modularity: Optional sidecar
  • Production: Minor
  • Material: Durasteel, Speeder components, sensor suite, Glasteel
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Scout Bike
  • Role: Recon
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Armaments: High. Twin frontal Boars, one rear Boar turret, four side mounted rocket launchers.
  • Defenses: Low. Glasteel shell, Durasteel armor.
  • Maneuverability Rating: Extreme.
  • Speed Rating: Extreme.
  • Propulsion: Repuslorlift, Twin Ion Engine
  • Minimum Crew: 1
  • Optimal Crew: 2
  • Passenger Capacity: None
  • Cargo Capacity: None
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • The Kitchen Sink: Designed as a recon vehicle for the GA, the Cheetah was equipped with every sensors it's designer could fit in it's chassis. The bike was designed to act as a moving radar sweep that allows it's user to scan the horizon for potential targets. While this won't pick up stealthed targets, anything else with a large enough signature will.
  • One Engine? No problem: Designed with gyroscopic stabilization, the bike can in fact function with one engine, even if it reduces the speed.
  • Autopilot: Built with a droid brain within the speeder, with the flick of a switch, the Cheetah can switch to a complex autopilot, allowing the pilot to either focus on the sensors, or on figuring out an escape plan.
STRENGTHS
  • Fast as Fark: The Cheetah was designed with one thought in mind. Speed, and maneuverability. At the expense of armor, the Cheetah is designed to allow GA scouts to go VERY fast.
  • Ambush Predator: It's speed grants it's rider the ability for hit and run tactics, and allows the rider to outrun basically any contact trying to chase after it.
WEAKNESSES
  • Podracer Mentality: The Cheetah was more or less designed as a militarized podracer. As such, to get the fullest out of it's design, you gotta already be a heck of a speeder pilot.
  • I'M HIT!: Simply put, the Cheetah is not designed to take hits. It's designed to dodge and weave, avoiding attacks.
DESCRIPTION
Designed to fill a gap in GA scout capability, the Cheetah was designed off the back of podracer designs. Rara's mentality was allowing scouts to get in and out in a flash.

"I thought of how I'd feel in that situation. I'd wanna get out of there as fast as I could."

While the speeder is quick and nimble, it's ability to defend itself is probably not as good as some would like. But that was never the goal. The Cheetah was never meant as an offensive vehicle, and while it can excel at hit and run tactics, it's more meant as a quick scout that will keep the enemies of the GA on their toes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom