Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Vehicle FAE/AV-02 "Loralora" Interceptor Swoop Craft

Status
Not open for further replies.
xTyt6gd.jpg

WjSGfP4.jpg
A rider on a test variant of the FAE/AV-02 “Loralora” Interceptor Swoop Craft, with empty weapon hardpoints
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: First United Astral Engineering
  • Affiliation:
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Model:
    • FAE/AV-02 “Loralora” Interceptor Swoop Craft
  • Modularity: Yes
    • Neural Interface System May be Substituted for a Motion Interface System or a Similar Neural Interfacing Technology.
    • Seat Height, Petal Position, and Other Relevant Ergonomic Factors May be Adjusted to Accommodate Riders of Virtually All Sizes and Builds
    • Various Aesthetic Modifications and Permutations.
    • Variable Gas and Ordnance Loadouts
      • Two Universal Chemical Projectile Launchers (Variable Gas Loadout) - One Gas Type Per Launcher
      • Two Universal Nano Missile Launchers (Variable Nano Missile Loadout) - 5 Brilliant Nano Missiles Per Launcher
  • Production: Minor
  • Material:
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
SPECIAL FEATURES
STRENGTHS
  • Dogfighting Capability - Not limited to engaging ground targets, the Loralora is extremely capable of dogfighting at very high altitudes against swoop craft, airspeeders, and even starfighters, albeit with significantly more stress on both pilot and craft. Nevertheless, a daring, skilled, and strong pilot can be extremely deadly in atmospheric dogfights, as the Loralora’s lower mass compared to larger airspeeders and starfighters renders it somewhat more maneuverable than these machines under most conditions, while also enabling it to engage targets in tight urban environments where starfighters would be unsuitable.
  • Electronic Warfare - Featuring a comprehensive suite of electronic warfare systems, the Loralora can utilize these systems to dazzling effect in virtually any given battlespace, confusing missile tracking systems, jamming enemy sensors, disrupting targeting systems, and more. In effect, judicious application of these systems can make the swoop an extreme, yet hyper-lethal annoyance to enemy units.
  • Fire Concentration - Correcting the disadvantages of twinned weaponry pertaining to concentration of fire at certain ranges, the Loralora utilizes a computer brain governed fire-concentration system that executes minute on-the-fly adjustments to the angle of the craft’s fixed-forward weaponry, based on constant feedback from pilot input and targeting data. In effect, this system dynamically optimizes pattern harmonisation at all viable ranges, affording the weapons greater accuracy and damage potential.
  • Field Disruption - The Loralora possesses an integrated field disruption system which allows the craft itself to traverse through conventional shields, albeit at the cost of its combat shields.
WEAKNESSES
  • Energy Defense - Although the Loralora possesses an armored fairing, in the event that its shields are depleted or otherwise disabled the craft will only be able to provide a negligible degree of protection to the pilot, given their extremely exposed riding position. In essence, the Loralora derives most of its resilient defensive capabilities from its shields. Once these are down, the rider will be extremely vulnerable to direct fire.
  • Ion Afterburn - The Loralora’s ion afterburners can only be sustained for a limited amount of time due to its intense power demands and potential to overheat the engines. At maximum, it can only be active for twenty consecutive seconds before it is automatically shut off, at which point the engines must undergo a mandatory heat discharge protocol. In addition, the craft can not use weapons while the afterburners are engaged.
  • Shield Disruption - The Loralora’s field disruption module will automatically deactivate the swoop’s combat shields, leaving both pilot and craft more exposed to enemy fire while the system is active.
  • Reverse Charge - The use of the field disruption system against Xythan Force and other reactive shield technologies can have an potentially adverse effect on the Loralora's operator and the craft, as the disruptive energy fields discharged by the field disruptor may be reflected back at the rider (and the swoop), with potentially deadly results.
  • Mechu-deru - Often an unspoken weakness of complicated and advanced technologies, the Loralora is vulnerable to the dark sorceries of Mechu-deru and other technology-corrupting powers. As such, a skilled practitioner of such arts can quickly disable the swoop, provided that they have a direct line of sight to the craft.
  • EMP/Ion Disruption - As a swoop that depends on a suite of complicated electronics to ensure optimal performance, EMP and/or Ion-based attacks can hamper the combat capability of the Loralora, the severity of which depends on the power quotient and proximity of the discharge to the craft.
DESCRIPTION
Taking after the Phase II “Nike” Racing Swoop Craft, the FAE/AV-02 “Loralora”' Interceptor Swoop Craft is a lethal fusion of racing machine and starfighter, incorporating technologies from both archetypes to achieve a high standard of combat performance. In essence, the Loralora is a dedicated interceptor swoop, capable of taking on an anti-repulsor craft role in the modern atmospheric and ground battlespace. The Loralora’s small size affords it the capability to easily outmaneuver and outrun larger repulsor craft, though its maneuverability is average compared to most other swoops and speeder bikes. It can also take on a ground attack role, serving as a fast and versatile platform that can sow chaos in enemy formations, engaging hostile infantry and armor with varying degrees of success.

In order to meet the power needs of the platform, the Loralora is energized by an advanced quintessence power core, which is scaled down by multiple tiny factors to fit the platform. It is capable of providing the machine with a robust and reliable source of power that can sustain the demanding conditions of combat for long periods with very little in the way of compromise.

However, the Loralora, is nothing if not a highly dangerous machine, for both the rider and those who find themselves in its sights. While all swoops are inherently dangerous, the Loralora takes that risk to an extreme given its intended role, high service ceiling, and diminutive frame. For one, the pilot must adopt an aggressive forward-leaning “sport posture”, whereas other repulsor bike craft can be ridden in a more comfortable feet-forward position. In addition, managing the Loralora’s torque is especially important when pulling hard maneuvers and tight turns. Too much power applied at the wrong moment could lead to a rider losing control of the swoop, potentially leading to a deadly crash. All in all, this is a very temperamental machine which requires a high degree of technical skill from its rider. Nevertheless, the Loralora is an asset that is considered to be well worth the heightened danger, especially with a skilled pilot behind the vanes.
SUBMISSION MODIFICATION RECORD
January 15, 2021:

• Removed Sleg
  • Added Market Status Section
  • Added Offensive Support Systems Section
  • Various Text Formatting Changes
  • Added Shield Disruption, EMP/Ion Disruption, Mechu-deru, and Reverse Charge Weaknesses
  • Increased Listed Top Speeds.
  • Added KP-1 “Casper” Active Protection System
  • Added Flex Tube and Mass Driver Systems to Whistling Bird
  • Added Field Disruption Strength
January 18, 2021:
  • Reduced Production to [Minor]
  • Increased Defenses to [High]
  • Added Sound/Auditory Dampening System
July 8, 2021:

Last edited:
Mellifluous Magenta Mellifluous Magenta

Thorough submission quite well-suited for its niche - I like it. There are some minor things I'd like to look at sending this through, however.

Firstly, what exactly is a "Quintessence Reaction System"? I assume it isn't referring to the SW Dark Energy, as that would certainly be worthy of mention in the Description or elsewhere. Secondly, your link to "Fairing" under Misc. Systems goes to De-Icing System rather than the intended link used under Defences. Thirdly, a Com/Scan is specifically meant for larger capital ships, so I would recommend removing it or rephrasing it to "Minituraised Com/Scan" or "Com/Scan Analogue" or the like.

Other than those fairly minor things, I think this is good to go. Quite the extreme craft you've made here, I personally wouldn't dare to ride it.

P.S. I noticed your size rating lacks coloured bold text, unlike all the others. Obviously not a Review problem, I just figured I'd let you know in case you, like me, get a bit perfectionistic with your formatting. Here's the BBCode (remove the dot), if you want it: [.COLOR=rgb(204, 255, 153)]Small[/COLOR]

Thank you for picking this up. I've listed the changes below.
  • Added Short Section in Description for Quintessence System
  • Fixed Broken Link/Missed Colors
  • Added Miniaturized Com/Scan under Dream Sight Section.
If there is anything I've missed, please let me know.

AMCO AMCO

Shuklaar Kyrdol

CEO of Breshig War Forge Consolidated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom