Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Evaar Buycika New Cradle (ME & Allies Social)

Evaar Buycika New Cradle
Mandalorian Empire Celebration on Er'kit

OOC: Open to ME & Allies only. A social thread, to have fun, bond as a team, and enjoy ourselves. No serious fights (take any arguments into a Duel thread). Just fun!
EDfUZH1.gif

Mand’alor the Infernal was presiding over a different sort of event, this day than the last time she was on Er'kit. While her recent years were filled with diplomacy within and outside the Clans, and the aide of the slaves Mandalorians freed over a period of years, today was no such massive battle or event.

The Infernal stood on her tip-toes to put up one last strand of bunting. The fairground and festival was set for a wondrous day and night of music, brawling, food, and drink for Mandalorians and citizens of the Mandalorian Empire from Vena to Ploo, Contruum to Ithor.

All were invited to a field outside Er'kit's new capital of Evaar Buycika (New Cradle), designed by and governed by the slaves freed in the Mandalorian Dominion of Er’kit nearly six years prior.

Standing back with a grin, Yasha watched three of the Hetikles Baatir trundle by with some form of massive roast beast still on the spit, as people from across their expanse set up their tables, and brought out the tihaar. Her faithful protector and once guardian [member="Ambrose Cadera"] brought a flask of tihaar over, and nudged the taller woman’s shoulder.

“Eh, let your helmet down, Yash’ika. Have a drink, we’re opening the gates. Your… mother… will be bringing along the kids.” While still suspicious of the ‘gift’ [member="Darth Prazutis"] returned to the Infernal on Dathomir, Ambrose couldn’t avoid the natural conclusion of it: Yasha smiled. A great darkness seemed to break off her shoulders, shattering into fragments forever to be lost in some other planet’s rain.

“Aw, swell. You know, Ambrose? I think this is going to turn out to be an epic party.” With that, Mand’alor the Infernal trotted off to the main platform, passing long tables laden with food and drink on her left, to her right massive displays of Mandalorian wares, weapons and cultural displays from across their realms.

There was a pit for brawling, target ranges for those who wanted to compete for best shot, goran’e (beskarsmiths), and music to drown one’s sorrows. Everywhere, life in its’ most vibrant and hearty express. Ships were coming in, shuttles from the battle group above venturing down for much needed R & R.

It was time for a party.

What're you gonna do? Kill me?
“Well I’ll give you this, Yash. Palace looks proper. I guess I could stay there a while. Acclimatize and watch over the kids.” I picked Girak-Kaine off the floor of Yasha’s suite in the Never Again, perching the five year old boy on my hip and taking a look at the broken toy he quietly lifted up in his hands. “You aren’t much of a talker, are you Giri? It’s okay, honey pie, ba’buir’ll fix it.”

Casting my eyes out to where the grandchildren played, I sighed and gave Girak-Kaine an idle kiss on his chubby, pale cheek. “Yeah. I could say that to her. Wouldn’t be so bad, would it? Not too much praise? Gods, Giri! Why’s the thought of talking to your Mama so hard? Hmm? Been dead for a decade, you’d think reconnecting would be as easy as Baiko’s tea. Frick if Baiko always complicated it. ‘Wash the pot, dry the pot, put hot water in the pot, pour it out of the pot. Put in the leaves, wash the leaves, dump that water, put the real water in, swish it around’. Serve it with those little sweets that were too small for a bite and too big to swallow whole… I know what killed her. Wasn’t Carnifex’s blade, it was her own bither-bother over complicating tea.

… why am I confiding in a five year old?”

“I don’t know. Buir can help. He always helps.” Little Girak-Kaine shrugged and wriggled out of his grandmother’s arms, running off to play with his brothers. Aditya sighed and shook her head. Buir. [member="Kaine Australis"], Yasha’s husband.

“Die for a while, and your baby girl’s married to an older couple, and has kids. Kids! Oy! Kids! Hurry up, one toy each, we’ve got to get to the party! You too, Princess!” I barked, as [member="Adara Raxis"] jumped up from the couch.

“Yes, ba’buir! I’m bringing my holocam!” Adara ran to throw it in her bag, quite the lady at 10 years old. I will never admit it to anyone, but my heart actually beats solid for each of the little muffins. They're cute kids.

Makes feeling cheated out of raising Yasha proper even harder to bear. That mattered little as I took the shuttle down, jam packed with Mandalorians. The city of New Cradle, I refuse to use the tongue twisting Mando'a, was a beaut, that was for dang sure. Golden and floral and covered in buildings made of the finest, and most ecologically practical materials they could find.

So all those engineering lessons in the Netherworld paid off. Maybe I should be a little proud of my daughter [member="Yasha Cadera"] after all.

“Well! We made it. I didn’t crash or nothing. Now. Ram’ika, can you find ba’buir the tihaar? Yes you can! Yes you can!”

“Ba’buir… I’m almost eight and a half. I can find anything.” The boy ran off, and Aditya shook her head and laughed.

Life. Life was good.

[member="Yasha Cadera"]

Vanessa Vantai was here at the party, primarily for the purpose of offering some gifts to the Mandalore. Her rationale for doing so, and for further involving herself with the Mandalorians as a whole, was quite clear - she wished to ensure the Sith relationship with their most devoted(relatively speaking) allies remained appropriately active. Vanessa herself had brought a bag of chocolates which she soon would offer to Yasha, a smile on her face as she did so.

"With the situation at hand, I'd like to offer you this bag of chocolates, this fuzzy blanket, and a hug."

Ther was another present too, but she would wait to show the Mandalore for now. The present was still a good distance away, and she needed to wait for it to get into position before delivering it.

Beth was more than excited at knowing there would be a festival. Beth lived for moments like this - to see all people, regardless of species, working together, having fun, and just enjoying the precious bit of life they were given. It wasn't often that people - including herself - got a minute to just relax. University was overwhelming, her body ached from training, and she was zapped from the Force with never-ending training there. And all the other Mandalorians who would show - including the people who rebuilt this world. Rescued slaves.

So, Beth had looked forward to this day more than ever. The opportunity to spend time with [member="Kaine Australis"] and [member="Yasha Cadera"], along with Adara, Reyn, and the twins. And, she supposed, [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"]. Her grandmother, although she wasn't really sure and to be frank, had been relatively avoiding her. Beth had kept her distance, unsure about how to really interact with her. And she was in class, anyway, so.

Beth had debated intensely on whether wearing her beskar'gam or something more casual. She opted for comfort - especially since if something did happen, she had ways of defending herself anyway. A simple blue dress with white flowers and a handmade purse. However, she always kept her armor nearby. A quick run to her ship, a quick change, and she'd be ready to perhaps participate in some of the brawls that might happen. Maybe.

Sandals crunched into the ground as she walked from where she landed her Vigilant Envoy. A few minutes walks to where Yasha and perhaps the others would be. Coming up to the firepit where the Hetikles Baatir cooked. Her ears caught the music flowing nearby, though and nodded her head in enjoyment. "Buir! Oh, sorry," She would exclaim as she walked up behind her as she noticed another woman talking to her, [member="Vanessa Vantai"]. It seemed she was offering Yasha a present. Oops, she hadn't exactly meant to interrupt.

Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
Mig and Ilik walked calmly out of the Basilisk, happy to lay their eyes on the Evaar Buycika. It was incredible to see the sight. when you considered who made it. Freed slaves. He somewhat wondered what others would think if they saw this. Those outside the clans. Right now, it was better just to focus on the fun though. Neither Gred was in their armor. Mig was only in some jeans, and a plain shirt and jacket, while Ilik was a bit more formal. As the pair walked Ilik heard the music, and calmly walked over to it. The older man soon began to join the band by singing some song Mig didn't know. This just got the alor to chuckle before seeing [member="Yasha Cadera"] , and [member="Beth Cadera"] , plus some others that he didn't recognize. He smiled a bit, walking up to see them.

"Yasha, Beth. Su cuy'gar. This place is pretty incredible."

[member="Vanessa Vantai"] [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"]

[member="Beth Cadera"] [member="Vanessa Vantai"] [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"] [member="Yasha Cadera"]

Celebration, for a warrior it was a time of rest, time to bond with fellow warriors, a time to enjoy something else other then war

And so here stardust was, rather armor like usuall she wore rather simple clothing. Pair of brown pants on with a matching shirt her sabers and westars on her hips for she never went anywhere without a weapon.. however she was relaxed happy her daughter by her side wearing a blue dress.

Among the crowd she grabbed a drink and got her daughter something as she hummed and stepped towards yasha to ask where adara was then stepped back seeing the Sith approach...then approached once Beth interrupted but simply waited

The old man fiddled with sand particles between his fingers he had acquired off his armor on his way into this desert palace. The moments of attention he had gave the inanimate objects was not curiosity but of reminiscence on how much he hated deserts. Desolated seas of sand clad dunes that barely supported life. 'Give me the jungles any day over this shit' he inwardly spat and dusted off the sand. Strider had been on countless desert planets and hated them all just as equally as he hated Er'kit. But one had to make credits and his days as a soldier have been long gone. He had delivered a full hold of liquid spirits to this planet for this party alone and now sticking around to enjoy himself. What else is a retiree to do?

Strider lit his shento cigar while sitting at the bar. Not once did he think this was one of those up tight places that forced their patrons to smoke outside. If it was, there were few that was going to ask the hound of keldabe to do so. He had earned the rights to light up where ever the hell he wanted to for the visual scars on his face were just a small sample of sacrifice he had given for Mandalore. He took the first long drag of bitter smoke, letting it roll over his tongue and igniting his pallet before exhaling. He reached for his cup, filled with ice and tihaar, that was when he caught sight of [member="Yasha Cadera"]. Little wolf. Mand'alor. Mother. Wife. She was a woman of many titles, many accolades to her name with a legend that was still being written. She had lead her people from near extinction to the mighty empire they are today and yet when he looks upon her he can't help but remember the little girl she use to be. A life time ago, yet in the grand scheme of it all was nothing but a blink.

Garon gave the 'Woman' a nod of respect and lifted his glass in honor of her, even if she saw him or not.

Valdus Bral

️ Clan Bral Alor ️| Warlord of Nellogant
Valdus Bral moved into the festival grounds, still clad in his power-armor, helmet firmly and securely latched to the mounting of his armorweave undersuit. As his joint motors whirled and buzzed with every step of his stride he began to look around to see who all was in attendance. There were several he had never seen before, or perhaps he had seen but not without their beskar'gam on. From the looks of it he was overdressed for the occasion and that thought began to weigh on him. Should he have worn less metal and more of a smile? He thought back to the last time that happened and the outcome. He gave a snort that came out as a static ridden crackling puff from his helmet output. It had be years since the last time he had done a social event, the first was in a bar that he barely remembered due to his copious amount of alcohol consumption. Rolling his shoulders back he stood straight in a very confident, broad pose as he strode through the group. While he intended to come off as confident in the social setting and not out of his element within the gathering, his tower figure striding with the hums of a powersuit probably made him look like he was on a mission to screw up someone's day.

The person who's day he was about to ruin? That had to have been [member="Beth Cadera"] who was the only one vaguely familiar besides the more distant figure of the Mand'alor herself. If [member="Beth Cadera"] didn't turn around from the sounds of thudding and buzzing growing louder, he'd let out a growling sound as he cleared his throat. " Su cuy'gar .... Bess? [Hello .... Bess?]". His deep, growling tone giving a long pause mid sentence as he tried to remember her name from years previous on the blurred night in the bar with the other Mandalorians. " Ner'gai Valdus Bral. Al'verde be te'Bral akaan'ade. [My name is Valdus Bral. Commander of the Bral Militia.]" Valdus raised his right hand a pounded the golden Bral clan logo on his chest. Valdus did not know or remember what language(s) Beth spoke, so he defaulted to Mandoa.

Bunting up, tihaar in hand and Mandalorians rousing from the Empire to the party, Yasha relaxed. She tipped her tihaar up to the form of [member="Strider Garon"] as he nodded to her, glad the man was still kicking around.

“You’re right, Ambrose. It’s time to enjoy life… and possibly see how long it takes Strider to have a heart attack, when he sees Mama alive and in the flesh.” A rare soft chuckle broke across her face as she sipped her tihaar and leaned against the rail of the main stage.

[member="Vanessa Vantai"] ventured forth, offering gifts for the Mandalorian people, and her person. Say what one might, the Sith wanted to repair what she could, and keep some form of positive association. While recent events with the Sith made Yasha grit her teeth, she smile and nodded as two of her Guard took the offered gifts from Vanessa.

“Thank you, Vanessa. I hope you enjoy the party, and hope you have enough to entertain you.” A nod, and a small smirk at the sight of the chocolates, and Yasha’s grin grew.

“Bethy! There’s my girl!” Turning round, Yasha’s grin brightened even further. “Hey, sorry for what? Coming to hug your Buir?”

The Epicanthix hopped down from her place and wrapped [member="Beth Cadera"] in a gigantic hug. She felt Beth’s feet leave the ground, barely a care about how appearances might look. Beth was her daughter, she knew her by name as her child.

Certainly the young woman could get a hug from her Mom. At least until [member="Mig Gred"] popped by.

“Gred! Fantastic to see you. The engineers and architects did amazing work.” As Yasha greeted Mig and Ilik, her mother [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"] trundled up with [member="Adara Raxis"], Reyn, Girak-Kaine and Magnus in tow. Adara immediately went off looking for [member="Skorvek"], while Reyn chased after his older sister with a vehemence akin to a gurlanin guard.

Yasha’s grin softened. Her face, which usually felt nothing but the strain of leadership and the stern look of cold command, warmed. “Mama. Mig… Ilik, this… this is my mother. Aditya Fitz-Kierke. Mama? These are our friends, and… my daughter Bethany. Well, she’s Kain’ik’s biological daughter, but I adopted her and… Stardust! Come! Come closer. Come meet my mother. [member="Stardust Solus Skirae"], this is… well, she’s back.”

The light glistening across Yasha’s face was as welcome as spring after winter’s cold. Could it be that evil, resplendent in its’ depravity, could do one good thing? Could it be that Sithly magics, given without restraint as a gift of love and mercy, could produce a divine dream?

Such muses were interrupted by the appearance of [member="Valdus Bral"], who seemed more than anything to be interested in Beth. Yasha nudged her daughter, and winked.

“Family dinner later, Beth’ika. Welcome! Welcome, everyone.”

What're you gonna do? Kill me?
Mandalorians. Tcht… I could spit.

What sort of acclimatizing event do I go to, a week from the grave and Darth Prazmatazz’s unholy reality-bending rejigging of the cosmic scales? A Mandalorian party, with drinking, fighting, awkward pauses and unassociated gifts. Armoured mooks and the general combination of freed slave (a proper Panathan can always tell a slave from citizen) made the field quite the site. Colours, joy, music, laughter.

Oh, and like all things Mando, there’s the cock of the walk [member="Strider Garon"] tipping his glass… to… my daughter. To my [member="Yasha Cadera"]. Ought to bring that old booze hound a drink and a letter of condolence. He no longer got to survive without me. Poor unfortunate soul.

I tug my sweater tighter around thin shoulders and tuck my grey hair behind my ears. Used to be black, my hair… what Hell does to a person, I suppose. What sort of planet is this? A golden city for slaves, the Mand’alor hanging decorations, and welcoming any who came to her in greeting. Keep checking behind myself, to remind me I’m not in the Netherworld. No giant buggin’s going to pop out from behind the bunting to yell ‘boo!’.

How am I, Aditya Fitz-Kierke, supposed to live in a place without fear? Insanity, that… not that the decor doesn’t look swell. Not that seeing my daughter with a grin on her face isn’t oddly endearing. Not that…

“Ow, ba’buir too tight. You’re clinging.” Magnus whined, tugging at his own hand in mine.

“Maybe ba’buir needs her Maggi to guide her around. There, is that better, sweet pea?” I loosen the grip, and the boy gives a smile that would make [member="Kaine Australis"] jealous of his own son. Nothing more special to a five year old than thinking they’re in charge.

Don’t realize myself when we gravitated to the main stage. Adara rumbles off, to find some form of … jackal-headed nuisance named Sloobieboo. Maybe I should put [member="Skorvek"] out of his misery, before he becomes relegated to ‘children’s mascot’ for life.

“You don’t go too far, Adara! I want to see you at all times.” A chorus of ‘I don’t trust these people’ dies in my mouth, as Yasha tugs me in, and I’m faced with a multitude of unfamiliar faces.

“Step-daughter. Right.” The elfin points to [member="Beth Cadera"]’s ears shine through the classic beauty, yet there’s a pain there. A haunted nature to the girl I recognize too well from my own sleepless nights. “Pleasure, Pointy. I hear you’ve got a set of pipes. Gonna have to hitch a ride with Peggy and hear you sometime.”

This [member="Mig Gred"] guy sounds like his Mama forgot to finish off the syllables of his name, but I won’t hold that against him. Mando and all. Half the language sounds like a gargled grunt stuck in someone’s throat like a chicken bone.

“Incredibly pretty, too. This place. It’s… the gold and… Do… do Mandalorians shake hands? Is that something Mandos do? Sorry, there’s this… space in my mind where things like etiquette kinda died with my body and there’s not much introducing in the Field of Blades and I’m babbling, so I’m going to shut my mouth and nod a bunch and all y’all’ll have to be alright with that.” Mouth shut. Chin nodded. I pick up little five year old Magnus and hug him to my hip, eyes caught on the advent of the one who smells like chocolate ([member="Vanessa Vantai"]) and the twi’lek.

Seems [member="Stardust Solus Skirae"] is narrowing in, another tangential in the complex equation, which is Yasha’s life. It’s then it strikes me. I don’t know what to do. My socially abysmal and stabby daughter’s grown into a woman with social graces and here I am, four days alive, clutching a five year old as if he’s a security blanket.

“Yasha you disgrace yourself. Preening and babbling on, wasting peoples’ time like a debutante from Naboo. Act your age and stop embarrassing yourself in front of your subordinates. Is that even the word? Your people? V-vods? The… all this fuss. Sorry, my daughter’s a sentimental idiot.” Oh gods, goddesses and the eternal flames, why am I still talking? Did I just insult my daughter in front of her mooks? Are they mooks, or adopted-family, or people who punted up to her presence for some form of compensation? Hired help? Goddess, I should have done more research on facial recognition before the party.

And where’s the nearest drink I can drown my sorrows into, while I continue to humiliate myself? Goddess be. I’d drown my humiliation in Strider’s loins by the end of the night at this rate. It’s the only thing less embarrassing than my entrance I can possibly think of short of starting a galactic war with some form of flatulence.

Then the walking armoury trundles up, and gosh does his voice carry. Don't know a word of what he said, but I did hear the name 'Bess'. Maybe he lost his cow. [member="Valdus Bral"]

Evaar bucika, or New Cradle in basic. Supposedly a beautiful place, built by slaves freed by Mandalorians. The thought amused Adenn. Their enemies should see this, for they claimed that Mandalorians were war mongers, this here, this proved the opposite to be true. Why would war mongers free slaves, and not keep them to work for them? Adenn didn't understand it, but it was the way things were. A shame really, but that's life.

Shaking himself from these thoughts, Adenn looked around. He had arrived a few minutes prior and stuck to the fringes. He felt slightly overdressed; when Adenn looked around, he saw that almost everyone had regular clothing on. Everyone except Valdus that is, and of course Adenn himself. He too was wearing his beskar, it was his skin. And one doesn't go outside of the house naked. While his musings continued, Adenn had been walking. he walked between the tables, and past several natives. Looking around, Adenn spotted a large gathering of people. It was congregated around the Mandalor.

Shrugging to himself, Adenn decided to make his way there. If everyone else was there, he might as well be too. This was a social gathering after all. Thus Adenn began making his way towards them, but noticed a Mandalorian at the bar([member="Strider Garon"]). From what he could see from the small interaction, between him and Mandalor, they knew each other. Keeping his curiosity to himself, Adenn finally arrived near teh small group. He got there on the tail end of what seemed to be Mandalors mother([member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"]) talking about her. Adenn quirked his eyebrow behind his helmet while gazing at her.

Turning his head from her, Adenn looked at the others there. He nodded his head in greeting to [member="Stardust Solus Skirae"] and [member="Mig Gred"]. Both were in casual clothes, making Adenn feel even more overdressed. He shook the feeling off, tipped his head in greeting to [member="Beth Cadera"] and then finally settled his gaze on the Mandalor. When his gaze stopped there, he saluted her. It may be a social gathering, but she was still his superior and the Mandalor. Thus, Adenn made a fist and clenched/hit it against his chest plate above his heart. There was a soft clang then Adenn spoke.

"Su cuy'gar Mandalor," Turning his head to the others as well, "all of you. Quite the meeting we have here, eh."

[member="Yasha Cadera"] [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"] [member="Valdus Bral"] [member="Strider Garon"] [member="Stardust Solus Skirae"] [member="Mig Gred"] [member="Beth Cadera"]

[member="Yasha Cadera"] [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"] [member="Valdus Bral"] [member="Mig Gred"]

Stardust came forth, brigh darting off at the sight of adara hoping to catch up with her friend. Offering a smile to yashas mother she bowed her head in greeting and then spoke but hesitated...she stinked of the dark side...even more so then the Sith here but she ignored it

a pleasure to meet you! As she said I'm Stardust Solus Skirae, riduur to solus'alor

Turning to the other she offered a smile. Seeing mig, adenn, Beth who she offered a grin at when valdus approached and offered a wink to the girl, and of course yasha

this is truely a amazing party, q major change of pace

Glancing to aditya she raised a brow...insulting her own daughter? She acted odd honestly kinda jumpy...

Thus far Ashara had kept to herself, social events wasnt something she would jot down in her calendar.She would easily avoid them like a plague. As your typical sorceress she would rather infuse her mind with an ancient old power or something along those lines. But times were changing her old allegiance were fading, she struggled to find her place within the Mandolorians.

The old ways of the sith were still carved into her character, the idea of having friends or even a lover was concept she rarely given thought to. The idea of going out and figuring out what to wear was exhausting.Of course she waited till the last moment; deciding to wear her usual garb. She divided to wear her hair down wild and free, she was torn if she would wear her light saber or not, through much conflict the weapon she believed to be an extension of her true self wore it anyways.

Out of the people in the crowd, it was a safe bet she knew none of them, Either way she understood this could go both ways. Surveying the crowds of people coming and going she was already preparing an exit strategy at any inclination if the situation arose. Thus far just cast the thought aside, letting go for the moment that not everyone wants or fills the need to challenge a sith, something she has yet to grow acustome too.

Fist and foremost she found a spot by the bar, It was perfect, every one was enjoying themselves out mingling or being social. So she sat, that's one thing she had found for her, She knew how to be elegant and provocative all at the same time. She ordered a tall glass of wine, slowly sipper her drink.

Beth waited respectfully for Yasha and Vanessa to finish up. She knew Vanessa was from the Sith Empire and as such, was likely more serious in her talks with Yasha. Once Yasha had finished speaking to Vanessa and mentioned Beth's name, she gave a bright smile. "Buir!"

Despite being a young woman, there was still overwhelming joy in being hugged by her mother. Her arms wrapped around [member="Yasha Cadera"] to return the embrace before being dropped back to the ground. "How are you? Been busy?" Beth sure was - University was ever a struggle, particularly balancing her training and singing gig. She wouldn't trade it though. And in moments like these, the moments were something extra special.

She heard [member="Mig Gred"]'s voice and turned to see her friend and trainer. "Hey! Didn't know you were coming!" She said as she gave him a quick hug. [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"] came with the kids from behind but caught a glimpse of [member="Stardust Solus Skirae"]. She made a quick, small wave to her. Beth's attention quickly turned to Aditya though - for better or worse, she needed to get to know her. She had the stories, of course, but she was alive again. Beth gave a small nod of greeting, "It's great to meet you, I'm glad you're back with us!" She paused, unsure if that was okay to say. How did you congratulate someone on being resurrected? "Um, sorry... Yeah! Well, everyone says so. I can get you guys in for free, too. Aunt Peggy loves it!"

Beth then heard an armor moving behind her, which left her with a perked ear as she turned to look at the towering mass of metal known of [member="Valdus Bral"]. She had no time to react before she felt a nudge and a comment from her mother alongside a wink from Stardust that left the girl with pink cheeks and a nervous giggle.

"Su cuy'gar," she said with a soft smile as she took a moment to admire his armor. She reached a hand out to shake his. A slight smirk tugged at her lips, amused by what he kind-of remembered. Bess... Who would name their kid Bess? Beth assumed only someone cursed would have been named Bess, unless they were a cow or other animal. Either way, she remembered him from when she had given him food when he was drunk as a skunk all those years ago. And, Eshan. He was pretty famous or his role in the defense.

Speaking in Mando'a, she returned the introduction. "It's great to meet you, Valdus. I'm Bethany Australis-Cadera. You can just call me Beth, though. No awesome titles after my name," she said jokingly with a laugh that quickly stopped as she cleared her throat. Perhaps he would take that the wrong way. Ugh, change gears, "Bral Militia has the reputation most warriors only wish they could have," she said more seriously.

Valdus Bral

️ Clan Bral Alor ️| Warlord of Nellogant
Valdus turned his head to the Mand’alor, giving her a nod, “Su cuy’gar, Mand’alor.” The voice rumbled out. He then turned his attention back to [member="Beth Cadera"] , he reached out and grasped her by the forearm in a firm, but not painful grasp and gave a single shake “ It is an honor to finally remember your name, Beth.” An attempt at humor, at least he was trying. His hand dropped from her arm and returned to his side. “Y-“ He was about to start a sentence, but as she added in the last part his head rose a bit, looking down at her. She had heard of the Bral militia? The only large conflict they had been in was on Eshan years ago. He lowered his head towards her, she was unable to see the grin on his face but she might hear it, “I thought I was the one that would be the one full of flattery, eh?” He leaned back to his full height. “I assume you heard of the exploits on Eshan. Almost lost a few good vod to that traitor, Tathra.” The growling voice drifted off. “I shouldn’t bring such names into a festival - that is my mistake.” His feelings were still raw on the topic, Valdus didn’t forget and never forgave traitors.

As he stopped his talking he looked her over, she was wearing a beautiful blue dress and he was in full kit, which must have been an awkward thing to see. In an attempt to normalize his appearance Valdus reached up and unlatched his helmet, tucking it under his left arm. The short black hair, the blue-gray skin, the dark-green eyes, a thick short beard, and the facial scars declared that he was a veteran of battles and of some combination of near-human species. There were vertical lumps that ran from his bottom jaw to the top row of teeth, these were the mounds created by his canine teeth putting pressure outwards behind his lips. He raised his right hand now again, palm upwards, “I’m not very familiar with these sorts of events. Would you show me around, since your vod are so eager to push you off onto me?” The aforementioned teeth flashing as he spoke in his growling, much less static ridden voice. He was an observant man, the winks and nudges, the teasing between the women were not going unnoticed.

It has been a long while since Er-kit but it was uplifting to see some R&R for the Mandalorians and there allies, While he personally still doesn't approve much about the sith being their allies they have shown to be helpful and proved to keep there word in some respect but he will still be cautious around them and probably will be for a long time. He didn't dawn his Beskar this time but he kept mostly to himself he wasn't much for social events but he showed up, He caught eye of Aditya there was several questions he could ask her but he chose to keep his distance from her for now as something about her doesn't sit well with him. He looked over to see [member="Adara Raxis"] and her little brother come running over and her knelt down to greet her accordingly, It was nice to see her after alot of time passed since he last saw her and he hoped this time to take the opportunity to train her a little although what can he teach her at her age is a difficult situation.

[member="Yasha Cadera"] @Aditya @Fitz Kierke [member="Valdus Bral"] [member="Strider Garon"] [member="Stardust Solus Skirae"] [member="Mig Gred"] [member="Beth Cadera"]

“Sloobieboo! Uncle Sloobie!” Adara raced to the hulking Anubian, throwing her spindle arms around his shoulders. Her dear Sloobieboo. Adara might have turned ten not a week before, but she was always the little ad’ika, who found [member="Skorvek"] in the snow.

Her brother Ram’ika rushed up behind the pair, latching onto Sloobieboo’s leg for a few moments’ hug, before grinning up at the man. There was barely a moment Adara and Reyn weren’t together these days, with Adara being packed off to school abroad. She spent less time on Mandalore than any previous years, a bi-product of her diminutive size and the bullies, who challenged ‘Mand’alor’s Daughter’.

“I missed you! I missed you terribly!” Adara did often feel some twinge of distress for the bullies… her Anubian guards were often a better deterrent.

“Did you see Buir? Did you see? Sloobie, did you see she can smile!? I didn’t know Buir could smile, but since ba’buir came back, Buir can! She smiles every day!”

What had Aditya said to Yasha? She hadn’t quite heard it, mostly due to her attention being focused elsewhere.

Beth was not exactly prepared for the forearm shake. It was a firm, but not painful. It was good that he didn’t grasp much harder, considering Beth’s easy tendency to bruise. A single shake, though, and she couldn’t help but smile after her potential blunder and his cute attempt at humor. Thankfully, he took no offense to her own bad humor. “It took too long, for us to formally be introduced.”

She crossed her arms and lightly rubbed her arms as he reacted to her comments on the Bral militia. A smirk appeared on her lips as she went in for the tease, “I am full of surprises for the right person, sometimes. I must ask: why, were you planning on flattering me?” She gave a slight frown with a nod, “They will always be remembered,” she confirmed as she touched his shoulder with her hand in solidarity. “Let’s enjoy this festival – for us, but also for them,” she offered with a bright smile as she returned her arm.

Beth watched as [member="Valdus Bral"] took his helmet off and tucked it under his arm. She observed his face – he was ruggishly handsome. Not human, but was. Kind of like Beth, really. Human man and an Eldorai woman brought her into the world. She couldn’t place his other half, though. Not that it really mattered, anyway. Beth preferred to engage with someone she felt a connection with – not just looks. A big part of why she had barely been on dates to begin with.

And boy, was there a connection.

She watched as he put his hand up and then asked if she wanted to show him around. The growlish voice, the flashing grin. She took a breath as the butterflies flew inside her and her skin tingled. Her pink cheeks had no end in sight. She did manage a slight glare to Stardust and Yasha, but delicately put her hand in his as her green eyes looked into his dark-emerald orbs. “I’d rather spend time getting to know you, anyway... There are some rides, food stands… Concerts. Any preference for the start of our adventure?

Sterling hated parties.

Sterling loved feasts.

It was a conundrum that didn't help him in the slightest, as the two meters of beskar, scales, and flesh made his way off the shuttle that had carried him thus far, each step almost thundering in and of itself. From necessity, Sterling wore his beskar'gam at all times outside of his personal quarters on Vanquo, as the regulation device inside kept his blood at a suitable temperature. Without it, the changes could have.. adverse effects, fatal or otherwise, and he didn't quite feel like dying at a party. It would kill the mood. Besides, it managed to keep up appearances if anyone cared, between clan markings for Solus and the color choice in and of itself. Never know who would be there, which... vod? Vode?

He hated trying to learn languages.

Eventually he arrived, walking slowly and loudly, taking in the entire view of the event. Quite the place, well setup for the guests... and he could smell the freshly cooked prey... his tail flicked happily in its armor plating. His retractable mask/helmet rested at his hip, which let the smile on his face practically shine as he eventually approached the amassing group. There was also a string of light hums and clicks he couldn't contain, happy sounds as he caught a greater whiff of the roast. More happy lizard tail, more happy lizard noises.

Why was he even here though, if he was being honest? All he'd ever really done was tend to [member="Azure Djitred"], removing shrapnel and ensuring she was properly cared for. Even then that was little more than his job, even if he took pride in how, complete her treatment had been. As perfect as could be done. If anything he had no excuse to come to a party, he should be proving his worth. So if she hadn't insisted he come, he'd be busy.. trying to be busy.

Seeing who he could assume to be the... Mand'alor?... He made his approach to the massive group. It was customary for a Komo to show respect to one's chieftain, and though his Chieftain Sin-The-Ah was not here the Mand'alor, he was told, was chieftain of chieftains. Mandalorians were a grand tribe of tribes, so that made [member="Yasha Cadera"] his chieftain too. He didn't pay anyone else much mind until he managed to finish his approach, offering a bow to the tall woman, first with his right hand covering his heart, but pulled away as he bowed to her. "Chieftain of Chieftain. Mand'alor? Thank for feast, grand day to come. Sterling. Godslayer, like chieftain chieftain." The last sentences were given with a thump of his metal chestplate, to emphasize he was referring to himself.

He didn't have much to say about anyone else to be fully honest, there were few faces he recognized. [member="Stardust Solus Skirae"] was a member of his clan, and the one who had opened its doors to him, while [member="Adenn Kyramud"] had helped arrange a hunt. Beyond these two the others were, mentally, deemed relatively unimportant. Background noise he only paid attention to in the barest senses, so as to avoid confusion if they butted in. Or touched his tail, if they weren't a child that was worthy of a firm, wookie-level slap.

[member="Beth Cadera"] :|: [member="Adara Raxis"] :|: @Skorvek :|: @Valdus Bral :|: [member="Ashara Evanaris"] :|: [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"] :|: [member="Strider Garon"] :|: [member="Mig Gred"] :|: [member="Vanessa Vantai"]

Táozi looked around the festival, admiring the bright lights and attractions set up by the Mand'alor. The layered cape attached to the sleeves of her dress trailed behind her, and the ornaments in her hair bobbed with each step. When she was told of this event, she decided it would be an excellent first introduction as Alor of Clan Tal, and put on her best attire. First impressions are the most important, after all. She was flanked by two female Atrisians in similar, less extravagant attire.

One of these women held a small bonsai tree planted in a beautiful planter, while the other held an intricately carved, Atrisian style, wooden box. The three women looked quite out of place, if you asked Táozi. She held her hands together in front of her stomach, hands hidden under her sleeves. She looked for the Mand'alor, and smiled as she spotted the woman surrounded by other people.

The trio of Atrisian women walked up to [member="Yasha Cadera"] and bowed at the waist completely. Táozi stood up straight, and smiled up at the Mand'alor in greeting.

"Su cuy'gar, Mand'alor. I am Táozi Fùyuán Tal, Alor of Clan Tal. My humblest apologies for not greeting you earlier, I have only been Alor for a month now." Táozi looked to her side, and gestured with a hand to the gifts her subordinates were carrying. "I bring gifts for you and yours, as well, should you accept them."

The two Atrisian women stepped forward, and held out their items. The woman holding the box opened it, revealing a beautiful, rose gold, peach blossom themed, hair comb. Táozi then turned to the others surrounding Yasha, and bowed once again, though not as deeply, as a general greeting to them. "Su cuy'gar, vode."

[member="Sterling Kinslayer"] [member="Stardust Solus Skirae"] [member="Adenn Kyramud"] [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"] [member="Strider Garon"] [member="Mig Gred"] [member="Skorvek"] [member="Adara Raxis"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom