Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Campaign Devil You Know: Campaign to SJC Held Myrkr (Myrkr, Velmor, Orleon, Azure, Katarr)

q32o7z8.png

Talking Things Out
Tags: Kyra Perl Kyra Perl | Nida Perl Nida Perl | Lark Lark

"Wait-- Kyra, no!"

Like in a daze she simply stepped out into the open before he could reach out and grab her. At first he contemplated staying put behind cover and attempt to provide coverfire in the likely case the shield would drop just in time to leave Kyra to the wolves, but hearing how she pleaded with her sister made him think otherwise. Perhaps they really could reach Nida if they both tried.

Not like his presence wasn't already known to her the moment they appeared above the city, same as hers was to him.

Reluctantly he lowered his rifle, letting it rest across his chest as his hands dropped to his sides. The protective shield still remained, preventing the enemy troops beyond from entering this city sector. They were safe, temporarily.

Slowly he appeared at Kyra's side, his faceless visage silently staring at the woman he loved. This was the closest he'd been to her since her fall to the dark side on Yavin. A pang of phantom pain made him wince and clutch his abdomen where the blade had pierced him. He steadied himself by putting hand on Kyra's shoulder to gather himself.

He had to physically glance down to see for himself that there was in fact no knife sticking out of his torso.

"Nida," came a distorted voice from behind the mask. His metallic hand reached for it and pressed the release mechanism, and proceeded to pull away the mask hiding his face.

His dark eyes were reluctant to meet her gaze, but when they did they displayed only the most sincere plea. For the longest time he simply stared at her, like they were meeting again for the first time.

Thirdas joined Kyra in pressing his palm against the bubble shield, harmless to those inside it.

"I forgive you. I forgave you the moment I realised you could have gone for my heart, but didn't. I know you're fighting it, because the Nida I know is strong. Stronger than she gives herself credit. She's kind and compassionate, and she loves old horror vids even though they frighten her."

Stepping closer, he let the other hand join the first against the shield. This was as close as he could get to her.

"You told me you were scared that day, do you remember? I wanted to tell you I was scared too. I'm constantly scared I'll lose you. Because I love you. I am yours, and you are mine."

It was all they could do, he and Kyra. Remind her of who she was and where she belonged.

q32o7z8.png
ALLIES | Lark Lark
ENEMIES? | Kyra Perl Kyra Perl | Thirdas Heavenshield Thirdas Heavenshield

This was the exact opposite she had hoped for. Nida would not begrudge them—no, she’d even prefer it—if Kyra and Thirdas looked at her with venomous eyes and words of animosity on their tongues. Their kindness, their compassion, their forgiveness was simply too much.

Her gaze drifted down to Kyra’s arm, the metallic sheen against Myrkr’s fiery backdrop hard to miss. Her lips parted slightly at the sight, and when her attention was drawn to Thirdas’ face, she nearly looked away in shame. Grimacing, her fingers worked their way into her hair as she clutched at her scalp. She’d been dancing on a knife’s edge since Yavin, and the rush of emotions from what she feared most threatened to drown her.

“Y-you both…” She swallowed thickly, suddenly, angrily. Nida was at war with herself, and they could see it. But their insistence that this wasn’t her decision, that she’d made a mistake and could come home tugged at a primal part of her that was insulted.

Leveling rapidly, her eyes narrowed. The same violet eyes they’d recognized, now edged with brilliant gold corruption drifting from her pupils.

“Enough.”

The word was sharp, with a level of sternness that would rival their mother’s. The voice Kyra would well recognize that quickly ended any squabble they were having. But Nida did not have Joza’s sharp features or the harsh manner of a mother of five. After a deep, audible inhale, she continued.

“My decision is made. I do not need your protection, and neither of you should forgive me for anything. I’ve done nothing to earn it, and I do not want it.” Her gaze shifted to Kyra rather than Thirdas. It was easier to look at her, though even that was proving difficult.

“The only mistake I have committed was letting my emotions sway me away from killing you, Thirdas.”

She spoke with such coldness that something inside of her screamed.

Retrieving her newly crafted saber hilt, Nida held the weapon upright in front of her face as thumb brushed the ignition. With an intensity that was unbecoming of the gentle Zeltron, a crimson blade burned to life, framed by the steadily growing corruption in her eyes. AMCO AMCO had been kind enough to grow her a replacement for the eye taken by the Bryn’adul.

“My biological father is Kaine Zambrano. Joza Perl—your mother—stole me away from my biological parents.”

Still, she focused on Kyra.

“Do you not see? I belong here, among the Sith. I do not wish for you to be harmed, Kyra. I believe that with some convincing, the Sith would welcome you with open arms. I still love you Kyra, and there is a way that we can be a family again.”

The plasma blade dropped to her side quickly, held outwards. Her free hand extended towards her sister, a beckoning look in her eyes.

Slowly, meticulously, her influence would attempt to creep into Kyra’s mind.

Caedyn Arenais

C

A Starship the size of The Vagabond breaking orbit was certain to capture the attention of others, however Captain Whayeson agreed to Caedyn's suggestion for the sake of those they could potentially pull clear of the battle-zone. Descending into orbit, the bow of the Vagabond caught ablaze at the atmosphere began heating the hull to such an extent that there appeared an orange glow against the durasteel and titanium plating. The Heavy Cruiser ran for 1,500 meters in length and 550 meters in width, thus in their descent and flightpath towards Hyllyard City, a good portion of one of the Cities districts would become overshadowed by the vessels mere presence.

"Anti-aircraft defenses at the ready, Mason" Gene Whayeson instructed the Lieutenant Commander, Kara Mason who was responsible for all things security and combat related. In a hostile situation such as this, it was her duty to monitor the safety of the ships crew, as well as the status of their offensive and defensive capabilities both inside and outside of the Vagabond.

"Aye, Cap'n" Kara acknowledged curtly, not looking away from her station.

"Do not fire upon the surface, whatever comes our way we can't risk collateral" Caedyn Arenais advised the Captain before turning to glance back momentarily to the view port at the head of the bridge; "I'm going to take a transport to the ground, I'll remain in contact and see what I can manage there. Try and raise communications with our defense forces down there, organize an EVAC and make it your priority if possible. Secondary targets should be hostile reinforcements trying to assist enemy ground forces", the Jedi Knight knew that his words sounded much more the like of orders rather than a suggestion, however Gene had also grown accustomed to dealing with his manner of speaking during times where the young Knight was stressed by the fatigue of warfare.

"Not to worry Master Jedi, we're eyes open" the Captain responded, giving Caedyn a firm and confident nod; "Good luck down there, Caedyn" she added, calling him by his first name for once, a small gesture that held deeper meaning. A send off knowing that he was heading into the fires of war.

Attention all Allied Forces of Myrkr, this is Captain Gene Whayeson of the Silver Jedi Concord's Vagabond Assault Cruiser. In moments we will be situated above Hyllyard and ready to provide humanitarian relief and EVAC for all wounded and civilian personal. Over.

Gene Whayeson took one last look over the transmission script before nodding to Ticia C'Heri; "Send it across all allied channels. Make sure anyone who needs it, receives it" she instructed the communications officer, the Catharian Lieutenant proceeding to flag down any of the defending forces who's comm's were active on the ground.

Lark

Saint of the Damned
Thunder continued to rupture the night sky, the boy's heart beat so quick it nearly matched the rate at which the rain fell. His clothes were drenched with mud and amber swamp water, they drooped down into the pool of filth by his feet. He couldn't control his shaking, his skin was chapped and drained of color. A bright flash of light shone through the planks of wood above him, and he stifled a scream of terror. Drawing his legs closer to his chest, he placed his head in between his legs, desperately gasping like a man who nearly drowned after being carried away by a riptide. His voice was hoarse, facial features sunken and hollow. Once his hair had been so bright and beautiful, but now it was matted and tangled, like the fur of a feral cat.

This was their home. A creaky wooden bridge, somewhere in the maze of slums and alleyways. He'll be back soon, the boy thought. He sniffled then gagged as muddy water shot up his nose, no amount of coughing could clear away all the filth within him. His feet were numb, if he stepped on a rusty nail again he might not even feel a twinge of pain.

Finally, the boy's brother crawled under the rotten bridge. The two of them had both made food runs, they needed something to give them enough strength to survive the torrential storm that would rampage across Myrkr the entire night. The boy grabbed their itchy little blanket and made room for his brother, and they huddled close together. No matter how damp they were, merely the presence of their sibling was enough to warm them up a little. "I didn't get much," the boy said with a shaky voice. "Just a mushy apple and some brown lettuce."

"It's ok," the brother responded softly. "I didn't find much either. A bit of soggy bread." They doled out portions, it was a pitiful meal even by their standards. This had been their life for nearly a year now. Two children, kept alive only by their bond to each other. The boy picked up the apple and took a bite, the skin was soft and nearly melted into slush in his hand. Forcing it down his throat was nigh impossible, his body physically rejected food so vile. He gagged and a bit of vomit pooled out of his mouth, before it was held shut by his brother. "You have to finish it," he said softly. "This is all we have."

Silence fell between them as they finished their dinner, and the storm only grew stronger. It felt as though the muddy water was reaching up to their ankles now. Every night was torturous. But this was as close to the end as it had ever felt. Pressed as close together as could be, the boy asked his brother a question that had been on his mind for some time.

"If I died, what would you do?"

Thunder answered him, and the brother remained quiet. The boy thought the question might have been lost in the storm, but after a few minutes of contemplation his brother gave a response. "If you died, I think I would want to die too."

The boy's answer was the same. Together they rested their heads on a pillow of damp moss, arms wrapped around each other tighter than the strongest of knots. They were both smiling, for they had each other. Let the storms come. Let the rain pour down until the entire world was drowned by the most destructive of waves. So long as they were together, there wasn't a force in the galaxy that could stop them. We're going to rattle the stars. Tonight might be difficult. But tomorrow will be a good day.

A few nights later, the boy's brother was taken from him. And the galaxy would pay the price for it.

q32o7z8.png

Allies: Nida Perl Nida Perl
Enemies: Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Thirdas Heavenshield Thirdas Heavenshield

The cosmos certainly had a beautifully sick sense of humor. Here was the place where Lark's family was ripped apart, try as he might he had not yet been able to bring them back together. And now, another family that tore itself apart reunited. But it seemed as though the reunion was not meant to be. Lark heard every word Nida spoke to him, but his wistful expression locked on something else. Another specter; a little boy covered in mud, as scrawny as a starved rat. The dreg looked at Lark with sympathy and understanding, no amount of hardship could ever crush the glimmer of hope in those eyes. The Prince started at the boy with malice that would make a god soil themselves, and the boy only smiled politely back. The ghosts wanted him to make a choice. But it was never that simple. With Lark, it rarely was.

Nida was right. He did have bigger battles he would need to fight. But he couldn't just leave her alone to fight her war by herself. She had been his side during some of the most mentally confusing moments of his life. He would not abandon her. Maybe he couldn't grasp his own broken mind, but piece by piece he was putting it back together. It would never be the same as what it once was. But now matter how dark his mind became, one thing remained true. He would always remain true to those he cared for.

Never thought I'd think that again, he thought as Kyra began to speak. This was his first encounter with Nida's family, who she spoke of with a mixture of reverence and betrayal. A part of Lark hated them. He couldn't fight that subtle feeling that they would steal her in the same way his brother and sister were stolen from him. He knew not the exact details, but he sensed Nida's hurt. But after coming face with Kyra and Thirdas, he sensed the same pain he felt after losing his siblings. Unending turmoil, a desperate search for an answer that made sense. So he could not help but feel a twinge of sorrow for those poor fools.

It's time, Lark. Stop running from it. Do it for her.

He closed his eyes, and The Prince and The Boy walked into him. Equal in strength, equal in passion. They and so many of his other personalities whirled around in his head, but none could overpower any of the others. The scholar who studied such infernal tomes offered a toast to the jester whose amusement came from the discomfort of others. The hunter whose passion was blood and violence shook hands with the acolyte who wished for the endless prosperity of The Sith Empire. Even The Prince and The Boy shared a mutual understanding, as the two children sat beside one another, filling in the pages of a coloring book.

And The Monster strolled right in, making himself right at home.

Lark opened his eyes, breathing out a cold mist. The frost was captivating, he couldn't tear his gaze away until the mist dissipated and vanished into nothingness, as all things would. He remembered hugging his brother as the swamp threatened to suffocate him, knowing that as long as they were together nothing could harm them. He remembered playing hide and seek with his sister, whose smile was a bright as the sun. Lark looked at the rapturous war being fought, at the flowers blowing gently in the wind. At Nida, whose fierce determination made him proud. "It's all so beautiful," Lark said, feeling at peace with himself for the first time since he was a child.

But despite the beauty, there were two people he might never have the opportunity to bask in it with. And that haunted him.

With tears in his celestial corrupted eyes, he made a plea with Nida's family. He met her sister's hate-filled look with one full of compassion, he knew all to well the hell she was fighting through. "I know how it feels to lose a sibling," he began, tears running down his face. "My dear sister, and my brave older brother. Both taken from me here, on these haunted soils. Ripped from my arms like they were currency. I will never see them again and I'm reminded of that whenever I manage to fall asleep." He took a moment to sigh, his body convulsed trying to rein in the tears. Stepping forward, he stood right beside Nida. Lark knew that sometimes, simply showing one's presence and support could mean the world. He learned that from his brother.

"I've seen firsthand the strength your sister posses. So please, I beg of you, listen to her. My family... they're nothing now." Lark was breathing heavily, as though he were on the verge of a panic attack. This love, this desperate need for his family was overwhelming his true self. Just as some previous parts of himself didn't know how to understand cruelty, so too did some parts of him not understand sympathy. "We couldn't afford a funeral, or a burial. We were- my brother and I... we were under a bridge."

Compose yourself, he thought. Now is not the time for personal sorrow. Now is the time to show strength. He took a deep breath, and looked straight at Kyra Perl and Thirdas Heavenshield. He was aware that they distrusted him, hated him simply because of his Sith rank. So he kept his enchanted weapons, gifts from a master he used to love, sheathed. His hands were held tranquilly behind his back, for he knew Nida's offer of reunion would mean more than his own. "Your sister is offering you something that is rarely given," Lark continued tenderly. "Please don't throw it away."

Lark's eyes were shining gold, with the most delicate, alluring corruption imaginable. And yet every tear he shed was genuine.

Finally, he thought. I'm home.

U0JuXmf.png

Objective: Assist with defense of the planet, evacuate civilians
Allies: Mathieu Brion Mathieu Brion , Palm-Imer Palm-Imer , SJC
Enemies: Joycelyn Zambrano Joycelyn Zambrano , Sith
Loadout:

With her face nestled against Mathieu's shoulder, Inara squeezed her eyes closed, shutting out everything else. Mathieu's palm against her neck was comfort, safety, despite the war that raged around them. But she couldn't stay like this for long, neither could he. With the fight still raging in the skies above, and the shadow of the enemy ship growing darker, this was no time to be still – no matter how she wanted it.

As Mathieu spoke, his words next to her ear, Inara tried to nodded weakly.

“I'm okay,” she said. “I'll be okay now.” The medic affirmed again, just to reassure him. Inara placed a palm briefly against the side of his face, and looked him in the eyes. A small nod, and a faint smile. Still recovering, she was definitely unable to jump back into the battle full force.

But she craned her neck to see the rifle nearby, once Mathieu had left her side, she crawled towards it and held it securely in her hands. Even just holding the weapon gave her some sense of security, but it took effort now that she'd suffered such a blow.

As the Jedi padawan moved back towards the fray, Inara would have his back. And once she had a moment or two to catch her breath, she'd try to help as much as she could – from a distance. Her eyes grew wide at the sight of the Sith woman glowing bright, the torrent of darkness emanating from her was stronger than ever. Her friends were strong, they could do this.

They could do this.

q32o7z8.png
Allies: Fiolette Raaf Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex @other Sithies
Enemies: K Kaine Australis @Silvers @Mandos
Equipment: Weapons in signature, stylized Medhir armor

With Fiolette as her guide to the hangar and their dropship, Taeli kept her focus on forcing the giant jellyfish into consuming the shield. The 173rd were all ready for this assault, their dropships taking off from the hangars of the Elidibus to start flying towards the planet. Large chunks of the shield were missing, others flickering, as the jellyfish ate and died on the massive amounts of energy created by the shield. Taeli made a mental note to recover remains for study after the battle.

She could still feel him, although his presence was fuzzy, faded out for several long moments. Likely ysalamiri, and her eyes opened as her lips curled in distaste. But then it returned and someone else made his presence known.

"The Emperor has found Australis," she stated, rolling her neck. The dropships were piercing through the clouds and smoke, heading towards the large conflagration known as Hyllyard City. They would need to make this quick though. "Secure the perimeter, capture and kill anyone you can, but when the signal comes, get back to your transports."

Dromund Kaas would finally be repaid, but Australis had to die first. The Emperor would feel her approach first, a blazing cold flame of hate directed towards the man he was about to engage. Australis would feel it next, to know she was coming for him, that the ship that bore his name was only the beginning. Reddish-amber eyes reached for her lightsaber, bringing it to hand as the drop ship shuddered and swayed through fire and death to land, disgorging her and her wife.

The Lady of Secrets had come for the old Warmaster.

Kj3xiD8_d.jpg

Ship: Thunderstruck
Equipment: Lightsaber
Tags: Gir Quee
His eyes followed the enemy ship, identified as Drake Ten, easily dodge his incoming fire. Spinning downward in a corkscrew motion he assumed the pilot was skilled. This just meant more target practice for him. Grabbing the control stick with both hands he pulled it to the left, the nose then spinning around to follow the Drake Ten.

Static noise began to spray out of his targeting system. The goggles went blurry with fuzzy pictures. Angrily he flipped up the targeting system. The enemy ship must be jamming his targeting systems, nerf.

"Looks like I'll be doing it the old fashioned way."

Facing the Drake Ten he put half power to thrusters. Guiding the ship forward he sent it In a spinning motion, hopefully missing the ship's shots. As the enemy ship neared closer he watched as the bolts started firing towards him. Continue the spin the green bolts shot past his viewport. Unfortunately though, two struck his upper right wing. The ship shuttered as warning buzzers went off. He frantically tried to figure out the problem.

"Shields report!"

"Shields are at 82% and slowly declining."

Nerf. Now this was going to get interesting. He had to get behind the Drake Ten somehow. Possibly a drift could work, getting him the angle he needed.

"Divert 50% power to front shields and 50% power to rear thrusters."

After a few flickers of light the ship adjusted power. Thankfully the rear engine pod didn't require too much additional power from the ship. If he could time this right this could help him win. Pressing three buttons on the dash he was pushed back into his seat, the ship accelerating forward at a fast rate of speed. Here goes nothing.

q32o7z8.png

Equipment: Armour, Energy Bow, Force Resisted Arrows x5
Objective: Keep the Sith at bay
Interacting with: Open to interaction
SJC Peeps: Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr K Kaine Australis Torrack Torrackstur Torrack Torrackstur Mig Gred Mig Gred
TSE: Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex Aristeia Zambrano Kytana

Firing his Force Resistant Arrows at some of the Sith that were around, Yuroic spotted someone who in appearance he did not recognise but in their presence in the Force he knew very clear. Even in his ailment and his Force powers hindered Yuroic could feel the overwhelming power and dedication to the Dark Side that matched the Emperor himself. The Sith Lord was not close to him, and from what he could see, a Mandalorian was already engaging with the Sith Lord so Yuroic kept his distance for now. Instead he focused on the Sith in the surrounding area and made sure to reduce the allies that the Emperor had best he could.

When a lively stranger bumped into him, Yuroic paused and stared blankly at them. Was he suppose to know who they were? Had he met them before? No? They didn't use his name, just called him Jedi, so didn't even know his rank... Though where was he now? His break in focus had caused him to forget what he was doing or where he was. "Uh... Who are you? Where are we? This isn't home... No... How... I. Grr!" Yuroic growled in frustration it was all on the tip of his tongue but he couldn't remember it now, he lost all his focus and his eyes were wide and unfocused. Lost in the fog of his mind. Then explosion. Crashing. Screams of injured and dying people. Yuroic looked around in a panic, he didn't know where he was and was terrified like a lost child. His breathing shallow and panicked.

Yuroic closed his eyes to hold back the tears, he couldn't be scared. Wasn't time to be scared. Why? He wasn't sure but he needed to do something, just remember the something. He stared at the bow, hoping it would answer his questions, his plea for knowledge. But it was silent. More explosions and Yuroic jumped in surprise and looked around him. Instinct kicked in and he fired an arrow at a nearby Sith, killing them. His mind slowly fixed on that moment. Stop Sith, save lives. Focus on mission. "We win by keeping the innocent lives of this world safe. Doesn't matter if we die or if this part of the battle loses. As long as the civilians are kept safe then we have won." Yuroic asked finally after much too long. Suddenly returning to the Jedi Master he had been, even if it might only be a moment. He fired more arrows at troopers and Sith.

He was fine, he could do this. Just breath and focus, no more rabbit holes. He couldn't lose it during a battle, not when people depended on him.​

U0JuXmf.png

Equipment: Ashlas wristguard | Blaster pistol with a stun setting | Stun baton | Two Lightsabres | Brion Substance Regulator | Electromagnetic pulse emitter | Jedi Robes
Allied tag: Inara Basai Inara Basai | Palm-Imer Palm-Imer
Hostile tag: Joycelyn Zambrano Joycelyn Zambrano

header3.png

Her voice was weak and her smile was faint but he trusted her. Inara was the trained medic after all, if anyone knew her medical condition, it should be her. But there was still a lingering concern that she wasn't quite as good as she claimed. He knew a few doctors and medics who were great at seeing potential health risks on everyone but themselves. In the end, he had to trust her words - what good was talking if he didn't? Still, it was with reluctance that he nodded before gently letting go of her.

Each step felt heavy when he turned around and began making his way towards the fight. The situation ahead of him looked grim. While the back of the large Sith blocked most of the action from being seen, it was obvious that she was a most potent fighter. Naturally, she was facing Palm who seemed to handle herself well - but the prospect of loosing a close friend such as her was simply too horrid for him not to intervene.

Having both studied the Holocron of Jedi Master Gro Slubb which he and Palm had retrieved as well as specialised in self-enhancement when training with the Soller Navah, he started to blur his force presence as well as enhancing the speed at which he ran. The well built Morellian honed his sights at the Sith and as she raised her sword, he tried to tackle her from behind.

In the best case scenario, she would loose her weapon, but even if she didn't, he hoped that she would fall and put him in a rather advantageous position on top of her. Still, there were many possible defences against the sudden attack, all he could do was to hope for the best. In the worst case, his lightsabre was close at hand.

XTN3HAb.png

XXp3s5B.png

q32o7z8.png

The battle unfolded around them, Yuuzhan Vong warriors and the 5th Battalion grappling with one another in a series of chaotic melees. Bones were broken, flesh was pulped, and the dead began to mount. All of this was encompassed by the ever-raging battle in the air and on the ground around the city. As more and more of the companion drones were destroyed or damaged, gaps began to form in the Force-nullification bubble which spawned from them. The Yuuzhan Vong's main prerogative was to destroy those drones as fast as possible, often at the expense of their own lives.
At the center of it all was the Sith Emperor and the Old Boar.
The Old Boar leveled his revolver at the Dark Lord, and in that instant, the Dark Lord's back foot pressed off the ground as he pushed into a full sprint towards the former Warmaster. The Force lent speed to his movement, for the Empyrean Gland located deep within his body nullified the effects of the Ysalamiri in a one-meter diameter around him. The first round barked, hurtling through the air towards him. He adjusted his momentum mid-run, seeming to slide along the ground out of the way of the round's trajectory.
When he was close enough, he propelled himself up and off the ground towards the Mandalorian warrior. His right knee shot out to try and firmly connect with his helmet's faceplate, and then sail on past the Mandalorian to land somewhere behind him. The Emperor had no intention of taking the Old Boar's life himself, that was a privilege reserved for another.
One who was on her way right now.
He could feel her through the Force.
She was nearly upon them.

Fiolette Fortan

F
q32o7z8.png

Allies: Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf | Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex
Enemies: K Kaine Australis

War and Death were mistresses that Fiolette had come to know well. A lifetime of battle in the void had taught her the consquences of flirting with them both. Fiolette guided her wife through the hangar and onto the vessel that would take them to the fight. As Taeli could sense and feel all that approach and as those that could sense her, feel - her wrath. There would be another, another that simmered and the normally tame azure gaze of the Galidraani turned into a hellfire orange. Rage brewed beneath an enigmatic exterior, concealed by a helmet. "A thousand worlds will burn, and yet it would never be enough." Her voice low, grafted - distorted by the dark side and the modulator in the rebreather. "Blood for blood, flesh for flesh, Kaine Australis shall die a thousand deaths, and even then it will never be enough."
"For every second, every moment and every breath stolen from Medraut. So too, shall it be stolen from Clan Australis and all those who come to defend them."
"To this I vow, that in Medraut's name any who bear the sigil Australis and any who dare to stand in my way, will burn a thousand times over."
Even if in retrospect, it was not physically possible - the words held their meaning. As the dropship approached its vectors, as it manuevered through the fire and flames. So too did the rage that brewed boil. There was a promise in the tone of her voice, the sort of promise that would be kept for generations to come. The kind of promise that would never be fulfilled but be a reminder of what was lost and who caused it. Kaine Australis was a man without moral, to an extent that by comparison Darth Carnifex and Prazutis bore more of a moral compass than Australis could ever muster in an hour.
A look through the so-called Warmaster's records would reveal just the kind of criminal he was. The kind that should be dead. As the couple disembarked the dropship, Fiolette stated, "on your mark, my love, does my sword draw and we bleed his wretched corpse."

Peace begins with a smile.
KATARR
Val Erides: Ruins of a Miraluka Settlement.
Nica Dakkar

“Ensign Shaall? Bring the flag.”

Kaia perked as a mischievous smile spread over her lips as she saw the ensign run to the flag and the camera droid hovering toward Nica, the commander.

Kaia took a deep breath, funnelling the Force into her tiny frame, and set her feet firmly on the ground. With a burst of speed, downright ihuman, she rushed out from cover in a blur and zipped past the suddenly flagless ensign as a blur and launched herself up on one of the rooftops with a single, impressive leap.

Reviewing in slow motion one would see the cape-clad miraluka rushing in, giving the ensign a swift kick between the legs, and wrenching the flag out of his hands before rushing on.

Kaia guessed that this position would give her the best camera angle.

This was definitely going on the holoweb.

Looking for this?!

Kaia held the flag next to her, waving it teasingly, pretending to blow her nose in it, then planting it fabric-side down next to her.

Come get it!

And cue the shooting.

ᴡᴇᴀᴘᴏɴɪᴢᴇᴅ ᴅɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ

idtapya.png

Myrkr_Velmor.png

Objective: Evacuate civilians, keep friends alive.
Allies: Mathieu Brion Mathieu Brion ~ Inara Basai Inara Basai ~ SJC
Enemies: Joycelyn Zambrano Joycelyn Zambrano ~ TSE
Loadout:

XoUVtE9.png

Her heart hammered at her ribcage, thumping with an intensity it never had before. It was not out fear, nor out of tiredness, but out of anger. The crazed taunts of the Sith Lady reached her ears, and the whispers inside her own mind seemed to grow stronger, threatening for a moment to turn into full fledged voices. It felt as though she was both caged and unleashed within her own self, the sudden wave of the Force flowing through her with a power it had not known before was intoxicating.

The woman overpowered her for a moment, the height she had on the geminaie working to her advantage as Palm felt her body be flung into the air before being slammed onto the ground. Pain encased her spine and spread up her sides and across her arms and legs, and yet her body seemed to welcome it, to feed on the agony. That same bloodlusted glare was still on Palm's face.

Fight me like you want it.

Fight me or they die.

A sound that could only be described as a growl left her throat, and one single sentence ringed loud and clear in the chaos of her mind: I will kill you. Forgetting the pain, pushing past it, the geminaie turned her body swiftly and moved out of the direct path of the sword that had been about to be swung. Befor standing, her leg shot out in a sweeping kick aimed at the woman's ankles. Whether it connected or not, Palm would then stand up, eyes furious, ready to walk right up to the woman and give her the fight she had asked for.

That would have happened, but then Mathieu appeared.

Palm had been so consumed in her own rage, she had not been able to sense her own ally and was just as surprised when she saw him attempt to tackle the Sith Lady. It was a short lived feeling however, because now he was no longer away from this confrontation...but Palm's rage was not ready to allow her to relent. Guard-shotos at the ready, cut in her neck still bleeding and with a new wave of pain rocking through her body, she began moving towards the Sith Lady again.

The inkling of darkness in her presence had grown stronger, and as Palm's eyes locked in on her enemy her intentions were abundantly clear. In her mind's eye, the Zambrano was visualized meeting death in a thousand different ways.

XTN3HAb.png

XXp3s5B.png

q32o7z8.png

Landing on his feet, the Emperor straightened as all five rounds impacted his back. Smoke curled up from the holes torn in his cloak, the acid round slowly chewing away at the shell spider silk bit by bit. The rest had impacted his Alchemy-treated backplate and had bounced away after being crushed in the collision, the metal virtually unscathed from the kinetic impact. The Emperor had learned his lesson from Vilaz Munin Vilaz Munin and had encased himself in a thin layer of Force energy to diffuse the sonic energy that washed over him from the two sonic rounds. Blood seeped out from the wound at the back of his knee, though it quickly tapered off as the flesh and skin began to reknit itself under the healing properties of his armor's amulets.
He looked up for a moment and waved his left hand towards the sky. In the gaps created by the loss of the companion drones, the accompanying Matey drones began to be destroyed in sequence, either crushed or pulled apart by the Force. Those that still remained within the dwindling protection of the Companions were unphased.
"It is you who are mistaken, Australis. You should not have come to me."
By now the dropship containing Fiolette and Taeli had arrived, and the Emperor's only task now was to keep Australis from running away from justice. Which meant that it was time to truly rid the playing field of his little drones once and for all. Reach out around himself wherever the gaps in the Ysalamiri bubble had been made, the Emperor tore out chunks of the earth and fashioned them into aerodynamic projectiles. Then with another exertion of his will, he sent them hurtling up towards the nearest drones, primarily those closest to them. Though once they passed through the bubble field he would no longer have control over them, their momentum still carried them forward.

Nica Dakkar

N
TRfBeDu.png
Objective: Plant flags and smile for the cameras.
Equipment: Heavy Blaster Pistol, Vibrocutlass, Service Dagger, Uniform
Writing With: Kaia Vullen Kaia Vullen

Having delivered her command, Nica had only the briefest of moments to consider a dramatic speech before a blur of movement shot past...

... leaving a conspicuously flagless Ensign Shaall behind, his face beet red in what she initially thought to be embarrassment, though the constipated look and pathetic whimpering made it clear that it was pain, not that the hands clutching his crotch didn't make that equally clear.

All too aware that her own uniform was equally inferior to proper armour, Nica nonetheless scowled up at the cloaked figure...

... a scowl that swivelled to her own men as they opened fire, Judicators spewing a barrage of green. Green!

Whacking the nearest marine on the helmet with the flat side of her deactivated vibrocutlass, the Auspex's voice cut as sharp as any sword. "Are you trying to get me killed, idiot? Use the stun setting, she's obviously a Jedi or some other fingerwaggler."

Spinning on her heel in an attempt to locate the no-doubt evasive Jedi, Nica did her best to seem reasonable.

"As for you, get back here! Your formal surrender should look just as good for the cameras!"

q32o7z8.png
Dueling: Mig Gred Mig Gred
Gear: Personal armor, Judicator,
KS-9 'Firestorm' Grenade x2, Sonic Imploder x2, Vibroknife x2
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In the background of her mind Cara mused about what ideas may have been running through the Mando's head. She had hurt him, back on Mandalore, and made certain the droids in the mines knew their orders. Was she but a monster in his eyes? What made him fight, and why?

Revenge for himself?

Retribution for others?

The chance for justice?

She couldn't read minds even with the Force, but if these background thoughts had been true then the engineer and the Mandalorian were not too different. Similar notions pushed her through the day-to-day, and they would serve to push her again through the now.

Wind whistled as her fist pushed through the air. The Alor had spun around her strike then gave a pointed stare as he jumped back. A sudden exhale sounded from his gauntlet, and before she could react a sharp pain struck deep in her thigh. With a pained grunt she lurched backward, forcing herself not to look down as she kept her focus on him.

He came around for another swing, but instead of backing away she pushed inward. Cara bit through the pain as she shoved off with her injured leg, cutting the maneuver close as the blade skimmed across the side of her helmet. They were almost glasteel to glasteel as she tackled the Mandalorian to the ground. She rose, hand going to pull one of the knives sheathed on her breastplate. It was drawn in a saber grip but not yet sent to skewer the man below.

BK4eI4v.png

Allies: Thirdas Heavenshield Thirdas Heavenshield
Enemies: Lark Lark
??????: Nida Perl Nida Perl

q32o7z8.png

Talking Things Out
Tags: Kyra Perl Kyra Perl | Nida Perl Nida Perl | Lark Lark

"Wait-- Kyra, no!"

Like in a daze she simply stepped out into the open before he could reach out and grab her. At first he contemplated staying put behind cover and attempt to provide coverfire in the likely case the shield would drop just in time to leave Kyra to the wolves, but hearing how she pleaded with her sister made him think otherwise. Perhaps they really could reach Nida if they both tried.

Not like his presence wasn't already known to her the moment they appeared above the city, same as hers was to him.

Reluctantly he lowered his rifle, letting it rest across his chest as his hands dropped to his sides. The protective shield still remained, preventing the enemy troops beyond from entering this city sector. They were safe, temporarily.

Slowly he appeared at Kyra's side, his faceless visage silently staring at the woman he loved. This was the closest he'd been to her since her fall to the dark side on Yavin. A pang of phantom pain made him wince and clutch his abdomen where the blade had pierced him. He steadied himself by putting hand on Kyra's shoulder to gather himself.

He had to physically glance down to see for himself that there was in fact no knife sticking out of his torso.

"Nida," came a distorted voice from behind the mask. His metallic hand reached for it and pressed the release mechanism, and proceeded to pull away the mask hiding his face.

His dark eyes were reluctant to meet her gaze, but when they did they displayed only the most sincere plea. For the longest time he simply stared at her, like they were meeting again for the first time.

Thirdas joined Kyra in pressing his palm against the bubble shield, harmless to those inside it.

"I forgive you. I forgave you the moment I realised you could have gone for my heart, but didn't. I know you're fighting it, because the Nida I know is strong. Stronger than she gives herself credit. She's kind and compassionate, and she loves old horror vids even though they frighten her."

Stepping closer, he let the other hand join the first against the shield. This was as close as he could get to her.

"You told me you were scared that day, do you remember? I wanted to tell you I was scared too. I'm constantly scared I'll lose you. Because I love you. I am yours, and you are mine."

It was all they could do, he and Kyra. Remind her of who she was and where she belonged.
q32o7z8.png
ALLIES | Lark Lark
ENEMIES? | Kyra Perl Kyra Perl | Thirdas Heavenshield Thirdas Heavenshield

This was the exact opposite she had hoped for. Nida would not begrudge them—no, she’d even prefer it—if Kyra and Thirdas looked at her with venomous eyes and words of animosity on their tongues. Their kindness, their compassion, their forgiveness was simply too much.

Her gaze drifted down to Kyra’s arm, the metallic sheen against Myrkr’s fiery backdrop hard to miss. Her lips parted slightly at the sight, and when her attention was drawn to Thirdas’ face, she nearly looked away in shame. Grimacing, her fingers worked their way into her hair as she clutched at her scalp. She’d been dancing on a knife’s edge since Yavin, and the rush of emotions from what she feared most threatened to drown her.

“Y-you both…” She swallowed thickly, suddenly, angrily. Nida was at war with herself, and they could see it. But their insistence that this wasn’t her decision, that she’d made a mistake and could come home tugged at a primal part of her that was insulted.

Leveling rapidly, her eyes narrowed. The same violet eyes they’d recognized, now edged with brilliant gold corruption drifting from her pupils.

“Enough.”

The word was sharp, with a level of sternness that would rival their mother’s. The voice Kyra would well recognize that quickly ended any squabble they were having. But Nida did not have Joza’s sharp features or the harsh manner of a mother of five. After a deep, audible inhale, she continued.

“My decision is made. I do not need your protection, and neither of you should forgive me for anything. I’ve done nothing to earn it, and I do not want it.” Her gaze shifted to Kyra rather than Thirdas. It was easier to look at her, though even that was proving difficult.

“The only mistake I have committed was letting my emotions sway me away from killing you, Thirdas.”

She spoke with such coldness that something inside of her screamed.

Retrieving her newly crafted saber hilt, Nida held the weapon upright in front of her face as thumb brushed the ignition. With an intensity that was unbecoming of the gentle Zeltron, a crimson blade burned to life, framed by the steadily growing corruption in her eyes. AMCO AMCO had been kind enough to grow her a replacement for the eye taken by the Bryn’adul.

“My biological father is Kaine Zambrano. Joza Perl—your mother—stole me away from my biological parents.”

Still, she focused on Kyra.

“Do you not see? I belong here, among the Sith. I do not wish for you to be harmed, Kyra. I believe that with some convincing, the Sith would welcome you with open arms. I still love you Kyra, and there is a way that we can be a family again.”

The plasma blade dropped to her side quickly, held outwards. Her free hand extended towards her sister, a beckoning look in her eyes.

Slowly, meticulously, her influence would attempt to creep into Kyra’s mind.
Thunder continued to rupture the night sky, the boy's heart beat so quick it nearly matched the rate at which the rain fell. His clothes were drenched with mud and amber swamp water, they drooped down into the pool of filth by his feet. He couldn't control his shaking, his skin was chapped and drained of color. A bright flash of light shone through the planks of wood above him, and he stifled a scream of terror. Drawing his legs closer to his chest, he placed his head in between his legs, desperately gasping like a man who nearly drowned after being carried away by a riptide. His voice was hoarse, facial features sunken and hollow. Once his hair had been so bright and beautiful, but now it was matted and tangled, like the fur of a feral cat.

This was their home. A creaky wooden bridge, somewhere in the maze of slums and alleyways. He'll be back soon, the boy thought. He sniffled then gagged as muddy water shot up his nose, no amount of coughing could clear away all the filth within him. His feet were numb, if he stepped on a rusty nail again he might not even feel a twinge of pain.

Finally, the boy's brother crawled under the rotten bridge. The two of them had both made food runs, they needed something to give them enough strength to survive the torrential storm that would rampage across Myrkr the entire night. The boy grabbed their itchy little blanket and made room for his brother, and they huddled close together. No matter how damp they were, merely the presence of their sibling was enough to warm them up a little. "I didn't get much," the boy said with a shaky voice. "Just a mushy apple and some brown lettuce."

"It's ok," the brother responded softly. "I didn't find much either. A bit of soggy bread." They doled out portions, it was a pitiful meal even by their standards. This had been their life for nearly a year now. Two children, kept alive only by their bond to each other. The boy picked up the apple and took a bite, the skin was soft and nearly melted into slush in his hand. Forcing it down his throat was nigh impossible, his body physically rejected food so vile. He gagged and a bit of vomit pooled out of his mouth, before it was held shut by his brother. "You have to finish it," he said softly. "This is all we have."

Silence fell between them as they finished their dinner, and the storm only grew stronger. It felt as though the muddy water was reaching up to their ankles now. Every night was torturous. But this was as close to the end as it had ever felt. Pressed as close together as could be, the boy asked his brother a question that had been on his mind for some time.

"If I died, what would you do?"

Thunder answered him, and the brother remained quiet. The boy thought the question might have been lost in the storm, but after a few minutes of contemplation his brother gave a response. "If you died, I think I would want to die too."

The boy's answer was the same. Together they rested their heads on a pillow of damp moss, arms wrapped around each other tighter than the strongest of knots. They were both smiling, for they had each other. Let the storms come. Let the rain pour down until the entire world was drowned by the most destructive of waves. So long as they were together, there wasn't a force in the galaxy that could stop them. We're going to rattle the stars. Tonight might be difficult. But tomorrow will be a good day.

A few nights later, the boy's brother was taken from him. And the galaxy would pay the price for it.

q32o7z8.png

Allies: Nida Perl Nida Perl
Enemies: Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Thirdas Heavenshield Thirdas Heavenshield

The cosmos certainly had a beautifully sick sense of humor. Here was the place where Lark's family was ripped apart, try as he might he had not yet been able to bring them back together. And now, another family that tore itself apart reunited. But it seemed as though the reunion was not meant to be. Lark heard every word Nida spoke to him, but his wistful expression locked on something else. Another specter; a little boy covered in mud, as scrawny as a starved rat. The dreg looked at Lark with sympathy and understanding, no amount of hardship could ever crush the glimmer of hope in those eyes. The Prince started at the boy with malice that would make a god soil themselves, and the boy only smiled politely back. The ghosts wanted him to make a choice. But it was never that simple. With Lark, it rarely was.

Nida was right. He did have bigger battles he would need to fight. But he couldn't just leave her alone to fight her war by herself. She had been his side during some of the most mentally confusing moments of his life. He would not abandon her. Maybe he couldn't grasp his own broken mind, but piece by piece he was putting it back together. It would never be the same as what it once was. But now matter how dark his mind became, one thing remained true. He would always remain true to those he cared for.

Never thought I'd think that again, he thought as Kyra began to speak. This was his first encounter with Nida's family, who she spoke of with a mixture of reverence and betrayal. A part of Lark hated them. He couldn't fight that subtle feeling that they would steal her in the same way his brother and sister were stolen from him. He knew not the exact details, but he sensed Nida's hurt. But after coming face with Kyra and Thirdas, he sensed the same pain he felt after losing his siblings. Unending turmoil, a desperate search for an answer that made sense. So he could not help but feel a twinge of sorrow for those poor fools.

It's time, Lark. Stop running from it. Do it for her.

He closed his eyes, and The Prince and The Boy walked into him. Equal in strength, equal in passion. They and so many of his other personalities whirled around in his head, but none could overpower any of the others. The scholar who studied such infernal tomes offered a toast to the jester whose amusement came from the discomfort of others. The hunter whose passion was blood and violence shook hands with the acolyte who wished for the endless prosperity of The Sith Empire. Even The Prince and The Boy shared a mutual understanding, as the two children sat beside one another, filling in the pages of a coloring book.

And The Monster strolled right in, making himself right at home.

Lark opened his eyes, breathing out a cold mist. The frost was captivating, he couldn't tear his gaze away until the mist dissipated and vanished into nothingness, as all things would. He remembered hugging his brother as the swamp threatened to suffocate him, knowing that as long as they were together nothing could harm them. He remembered playing hide and seek with his sister, whose smile was a bright as the sun. Lark looked at the rapturous war being fought, at the flowers blowing gently in the wind. At Nida, whose fierce determination made him proud. "It's all so beautiful," Lark said, feeling at peace with himself for the first time since he was a child.

But despite the beauty, there were two people he might never have the opportunity to bask in it with. And that haunted him.

With tears in his celestial corrupted eyes, he made a plea with Nida's family. He met her sister's hate-filled look with one full of compassion, he knew all to well the hell she was fighting through. "I know how it feels to lose a sibling," he began, tears running down his face. "My dear sister, and my brave older brother. Both taken from me here, on these haunted soils. Ripped from my arms like they were currency. I will never see them again and I'm reminded of that whenever I manage to fall asleep." He took a moment to sigh, his body convulsed trying to rein in the tears. Stepping forward, he stood right beside Nida. Lark knew that sometimes, simply showing one's presence and support could mean the world. He learned that from his brother.

"I've seen firsthand the strength your sister posses. So please, I beg of you, listen to her. My family... they're nothing now." Lark was breathing heavily, as though he were on the verge of a panic attack. This love, this desperate need for his family was overwhelming his true self. Just as some previous parts of himself didn't know how to understand cruelty, so too did some parts of him not understand sympathy. "We couldn't afford a funeral, or a burial. We were- my brother and I... we were under a bridge."

Compose yourself, he thought. Now is not the time for personal sorrow. Now is the time to show strength. He took a deep breath, and looked straight at Kyra Perl and Thirdas Heavenshield. He was aware that they distrusted him, hated him simply because of his Sith rank. So he kept his enchanted weapons, gifts from a master he used to love, sheathed. His hands were held tranquilly behind his back, for he knew Nida's offer of reunion would mean more than his own. "Your sister is offering you something that is rarely given," Lark continued tenderly. "Please don't throw it away."

Lark's eyes were shining gold, with the most delicate, alluring corruption imaginable. And yet every tear he shed was genuine.

Finally, he thought. I'm home.

"Wh-what," was all Kyra could breath. It was hard to say what she expected for her initial encounter with her sister. Fear? Confessions? A daring escape!

Her eyes centered on her sister's extended hand, swarming with emotions too complex to encapsulate.

"What are you saying, our mother-- our mother--... She saved you. She--" Kyra's attention flickered up to catch the double-eyed gaze of her sister, the moment in sync with the invasion into her mind. It was an unconscious tick, though no resistance pulled away from her sister's corruptive touch.

Kyra was horribly susceptible to being influenced, the natural empath use to leaving her mind open and unhinded for the whims of the world. Nida knew that. Nida knew exactly what she was doing.

Kyra took a step forward.

Her face scrunched up, the girl shaking her head in visible confliction. "What are you saying! This isn't our home. These people-- HIm-" She glanced back at Lark bubbling over with tears, the emotions tugging at her mind softening her heart. She could take him with her too? Was there such thing as being too pure? Too naive?

Too empathic?

She questioned it for a moment, a hand going to her temples as a small headache began to form. "This is crazy. This is all crazy! Enough. Nida Perl, I'm taking you home!" Kyra snatched up the proffered hand, jerking on it in a confident motion to drag her back. Her lips parted in a small 'o', body freezing mid turn. Her gaze froze wide on Thirdas's, full of terror, as she felt the unadulterated flow of darkness from her sister for the first time.

Her sister, Nida Perl, had fallen.

Indisputably.

q32o7z8.png

//: Ellie Mors Ellie Mors //:
c5327e896b5239f4acc801e919aa9af95112f846.png
The sound of the lightsaber she wielded clashed against a blade meant to counter the energy of the Jedi blade. She pushed off, using the strength she inherited from her mother. After the battle of Bastion, Quinn had learned to harden her heart, steeling it from the pain that she felt through the Force. The death around her was echoed, and she struggled with the lack of the Force on this dreaded planet.

Catching her balance, she drove the blade through the body of a wayward padawan. The light in his eyes faded, and she had to blink quickly. As he died, his brown hair brushed across his forehead lightly, and she found herself staring into the face of Kir Dantos Kir Dantos . Shaking her head, she stepped back, pulling the blade out of the body. It wasn't Kir that she had just killed, the boy she killed was a nobody, but she couldn't help but see his face. Kicking his body aside, she looked for her Master. She had to keep her head; it would only keep her alive.

As she regained composure, a hand gripped her wrist tightly and dragged her along. Quinn felt almost lost in the haze of everything that was happening. Explosions, shouting constant, and the continual struggle she found herself fighting in. Where and why was everyone fighting? Vesta's grip on her wrist was tight; she wondered if he felt fear. Like the Jedi, they were without the Force. There was a comfort that came with the living weapon they were blessed to wield.

"Vesta?" She questioned her Master as she struggled to keep up with his stride. They stopped, and Quinn found her hearing fading in and out. There was talk of preparations, something more sinister than she had expected. Though they were Sith and winning was what they had come to do. Destruction and death lingered. Vesta's grip left her wrist, and Quinn looked back, watching the Shi'ido shift into something menacing. Exhaling softly, Quinn had gotten used to the shifting of her lover. Their face was several things, but there were two that she identified the most with the Sith Lord.

One the face, he wore with her and the one she first met. Blinking quickly, Quinn turned her full attention as to what was happening. "Vesta? An ASTEROID?"

Drawing Lines in the Sand
Allies: Kyra Perl Kyra Perl
Enemies: Nida Perl Nida Perl | Lark Lark

For that fraction of a moment, he thought they'd gotten through to her. The real Nida. The one he fell in love with. Thirdas learned that day the truth about why the dark side of the Force was so greatly feared; it takes away all that is good and pure, and turns them into ashes before your eyes. And you are powerless to stop it.

As Nida declared herself a child of Zambrano and her eyes turned from violet into a burning gold, he knew she was truly lost. Anger took hold where until now there had been sorrow, and he let out a tortured roar as he pounded his fist against the shield as if trying to punch his way through to the other side.

His anger subsided when her next words focused on her younger sister, and he slowly turned to Kyra with a horrified stare, then back to Nida. Then back to Kyra.

"Don't-- Don't listen to them, Kyra! They're trying to seduce you!"

Again he faced his estranged lover and the Sith she was with, this time with a grim scowl as he placed himself between them and Kyra.

"I will not let you take her, as you were once taken! You will have to kill me first!"

While they were facing off against each other, the Sith artillery had continuously pounded the shield from afar. By the time Thirdas took his stand against the person he loved the most, one last volley of shells struck the top of the shield, causing it to finally relent and flicker.

"Kyra, stay behind me! BEHIND ME--"

The shield took its last breath and faded away, prompting the Sith troopers on the other side to all open fire on the pair. Thirdas acted first, throwing down a deployable shield at his feet that went up in an instant, protecting them against the barrage of blasterfire. It would only last for so long however, as each shot blocked damaged its integrity.

Crouching down behind the man-sized shield, Thirdas put his arms around the smaller Zeltron and held her close. Like a parent shielding their child, or a brother protecting his baby sister.

The massive assault of blasters caused a haze of smoke and kicked up dust, until eventually there was just a cloud of smoke. Acting while the Sith line-of-sight was compromised, Thirdas started lobbing grenades. By the time they went off he'd already relocated himself and Kyra to behind more sustainable cover.

From there he took up his rifle and started firing into the enemy as they came into view through the cloud of dust. He handed Kyra his sidearm and told her to do the same. They would have to fight their way out against entire companies' worth of Imps.

XTN3HAb.png

XXp3s5B.png

q32o7z8.png

The Emperor's eyes narrowed at the Old Boar as more of his soldiers came to reinforce him, including a slew of chameleon droids which assumed the appearance of the retreating Warmaster. The bomblets which fell around the Emperor and the Yuuzhan Vong exploded with great intensity, the ground buckling beneath the succession of explosions that rippled through the air. Carnifex saved himself by throwing up a shield of Force energy around his person, although many of the Yuuzhan Vong were not as lucky.
Regardless, it made no matter.
Striding out from between the flames that now engulfed the clearing, the Emperor stared at the point in the trees where the Old Boar had disappeared into. He could track him down in time, but he needed to clear the infestation from the forest first. So he half-turned to his right and spoke a single command.
"Shara, ensure that the worm does not escape."
The ground seemed to shudder and vibrate in acknowledgment, the faintest undulation in the soil giving away that something, something large, burrowed beneath it. That undulation continued along the ground before disappearing under the darkness of the trees, following the Old Boar with hunter's instinct. The Maelibus known as Shara could feel the vibrations from above, and he could smell the stench of the one who had been marked through the tightly packed soil. When given the opportunity, the silver-skinned demon would attempt to reach up through the ground to grasp onto the Mandalorian, to drag him down into the lightless depths below the earth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom