Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Day one...

Day One

Inevitable was a word laden with expectation. It was a heavy, deliberate word that would weigh heavily on anyone person that was confronted with it. She had been told her ascension to the highest office in the system was ‘inevitable’ since she had been a teenage girl.

She did not like the word. No, she did not like the connotations it carried. It meant, in the wrong tone of voice, that she would achieve it with no effort on her part. It meant it would fall into her lap without her having to lift a finger.

Hester Shedo had lifted more than a finger to get to the Viceroy’s office. She had trained and studied to be shrewd, calculating, and mindful of those around her. She had had tutors fired and hired on her say so. She had instigated reforms at her academy that meant she could win the class presidency for more than a single term, as was customary. She had seduced her late husband with great affect. She had captured the hearts and minds of the people of Scarif and she had absolutely no intention of Letting. Them. Go.

Scarif had changed hands numerous times in the last ten years alone. From rebel occupiers to Imperial masters and, finally, as a temperate jewel for the Confederacy. It suited the people best, she thought. She had never cared much for the various interlopers and overlords growing up in Isle Hermoso. The Imperials had certainly changed things. They had built a monolith to science; a great tower filled with research stations, weapons facilities, communications arrays, everything to feed the beast of war and progress. The imposing planetary defences guarded the skies with great effectiveness, the comings and goings of commercial ships and the increased military presence in the system. It also acted as a staging base for orbital capital ships and a detention centre for anybody kept from entering the planet’s atmosphere.

Krennic’s Spire

Nothing spoke more of a masculine inferiority complex than creating a large, tall, protruding symbol into the sky and filling the base of it with all man’s knowledge. She would get to see inside it today. She would get to go to the Viceroy’s offices inside it.

---------------------------------

She was up. She was awake and about her room. She sat on the end of her large bed, the one she had shared with her late husband for some years before his tragic death out in the pools and shallows near the city’s edge. The holonews had been so careful with the wording.

‘Beloved local leader found dead near White Waters Resort.’

She still could not believe it. Nobody could. It had seemed inevitable that he would ascend to the new Viceroyalty.

oh…that word again’, she thought.

They had been a glamorous pair; she the femme-electric that had garnered the praise of the planetary populace and of occupying Imperial officials. He, the sensible and worldly figure that had championed the rights of the middle classes, and paid dues to the elites. He had stomped out the cartels, the Hutts practically banished from the planet. He, as a chief councillor, had made sweeping changes to the very face of the Isle, encouraging sprawling boulevards, so often likened to Naboo.

Naboo. The planet that launched the end of the ancient Republic of old. The fabled legends that surrounded it meant nothing to Shedo. She did not care if it was wiped from the face of the galactic map. Scarif was no second-player to Naboo.

She combed her auburn hair and nodded calmly into her mirror. She wouldn’t have to do this tomorrow morning. There would be somebody to do it for her. She hadn’t decided whether it would be a droid or a human yet. They both had their perks. Droids were corruptible and humourless. Humans were corruptible and would talk. Idly chatting was always a good way of getting an intrigue or plot or rumour started very rapidly in particular circles. Perhaps a human would do nicely. A young woman from The Stacks. She wouldn’t be connected. Easily replaced. Easily disposed of.

==========================================================

What to wear? What to wear the day after her swearing-in ceremony? She could go with something regal that said:

“I am above the people. I am royal. I am a walking deity”

She could settle for:

“I am sleek and modern and invite the galaxy to see our shores”

The exceptional presence of the Dauntless Corps on Scarif had made for interesting politics. Their somewhat guaranteed autonomy meant they kept themselves to themselves…she hoped. She would answer to Grand Marshall Terrik if she so deigned and no amount of bluster or pomp would deny her. She smiled to herself. She would be finally allowed into Camp Phoenix. The hidden thorn in the rose of Scarif. Aside from her beaches and her islands and her tropical beauty, Scarif was home to the might of the Confederate military, buried beneath her surface.

She mused. Perhaps this wasn’t going to be as easy a 'walk-on-the-sand' as she had first mused. The drinks, the heady conversation, the witty retorts, the sardonic ego massaging These are the trappings of Viceroy-hood, not scrapping to military directors. She would have to be careful not to displease them. She hoped they would keep themselves to themselves as much as she dared. It would certainly keep the populace in check.

It would also attract lucrative dealings-the research facilities on Scarif were exemplary and knowing that the prized CIS military was there on their doorstep would be too much for some to contest.

She slipped her hand onto the table-side communicator.

“I’m ready”
===================================================

The ride through the skies of Isle Hermoso was a quiet affair, the revelry of the night before wearing off where it should, by all rights, be, in the respective beds of the citizens. She could see the Spire in clear view; everywhere you looked you could see the giant co…The Spire. This would be where she would live. She could live in the Viceroy’s residence in all its Imperial splendour, but she wanted to be at the heart of business, straddling the commerce of research and knowledge that radiated from the Spire. The names of brilliant corporations sat in the records of the commerce ledgers, each claiming a little bit of planet’s mystique for its own.

She looked one last look across the city below her. This was the beginning of a new time for the planet, a planet ready to take its place in the heart of CIS life. No longer a backwater obscurity. It would be a destination for commerce and trade and pleasure and military might and knowledge and power. The Confederacy would know Scarif and they would know her name.

=========================================================
Director Lileth Toth made herself as tall as she could. Hester smirked as she raised out her hand.

“Director, I am so pleased you could meet me today. “

She looked up at the imposing Spire and breathed it in; she could taste the majesty and scale of this moment.

Inevitable

Toth nodded, her blond hair almost tumbling from under her uniformed cap.

“We’ve prepared the residency and the quarters for your arrival. We can make our way there now, if you’d like.”

Shedo looked at the few reporters, catching glimpses of footage of their new Viceroy to be shown to the masses. Her masses. Her people.

Inevitable, they had uttered in the quiet spaces of public congregation.

She spoke.

“Yes. I’d like that very much.”

Hester’s long green robe billowed at the base of the Spire, the wind catching it and creating flutters of sweeping material. Picture perfect. The winds of change, they would say. A new dawn ushered in.
----------------------------------------------

“This is it!”

Toth opened the large doors to reveal the suite of offices and rooms, set atop the Spire, that were meant for Hester Shedo, Viceroy of Scarif. Viceroy of Scarif.

She breathed it in again; power. Duty. Integrity. Powerful, powerful integrity.

She made her way to the large transparent frame that took the place of the entire north side of the room. It faced the sea. The crisp, beautiful sea. She had never seen anything more beautiful in her life. Her sea. Her office. Her View.

“I’ll take any of my guests or correspondences now.”

Scarif, the planet had a lot of history, used by the empire to develop deadly weapons of war to seeing the might of the death stars laser. The history fascinated stardust who reveled in learning the history of such a turbulent time no different from now.

But however she was not here to just sight see, she was also here to offer a contract of trade between her planet and this one, something that could benefit both planets equally. While most showed up dressed to the nines in some fancy dresses or suits stardust stood out among the crowd wearing her full suit of beskar'gam, security didnt allow her to have her full arsenal so she stuck with her sith sword and sabers on her hips standing tall arms crossed as she listened to a few make snide comments or such about her to which she ignored...the dragon had better things then to care of the opinion of them.

Finally she was called forth, the massive 7 and a half foot tall twilek strode forward towards the elevator as the captain let her in. The ride was silent as she didn't exactly speak until they arrived thanking the captain as she entered and bowed

viceroy shedo, a honor to meet you, congratulations on becoming viceroy

She heard the story of her husband's tragic drowning....did she believe that story? Not one bit. Did she care? Again not one bit it wasn't her business nor place

‘Your first guest is here, Excellency’ Toth clipped back, intent on facilitating the new Viceroy’s every whim. Aside from the Grand Marshall, who had a significant ace up her sleeve, it being the entire garrison of the heavily armed and dangerous Corps marines at her disposal, Shedo was the most powerful entity in the system and could, at some little discretion, have her removed from her post: heck, she could have her removed from existence.

Toth nodded at the trooper at the door who allowed the doors to open. A startling figure emerged. A giant of creature slunk through...no...not slunk...occupied. It occupied the space. It commanded attention. It deserved respect. Shedo found herself compelled to stand from her large desk, her back toward the seascape below.

This living behemoth was armed to the hilt and was as imposing a figure as Hester had ever seen. She was dazzled. In full armour, a Twi’lek of great presence and substance in full height and majesty stood before her...no, not stood...occupied.

It spoke of congratulations. Hester couldn’t help but feel it was as if the creature felt her appointment was permitted; that had she not wanted it to occur, the warrior would have decreed it so. Hester smiled inwardly; she enjoyed powerful women.

‘Sincerest Greetings to you, Emerald Dragon. The exploits attributed to your royal majesty are famed and numerous. That you would visit us on Scarif at this time is without equal. I welcome you with humility’

She beckoned to a chair, which a somewhat cautious trooper brought over.

‘Will you sit?’

And this was only day one!?

One might say a dragon had entered the room, its presence was indeed demanding of respect and attention, however the face of the mighty dragon was cool, calm, and collected.

oh please viceroy shedo, how could I not visit such a planet rich with history and beautiful views, as well as come to see its new leader

Her voice held powe, yet it was gentle, someone that knew what tone to use. Smoke a little she glanced to the trooper noting his cautious movement as she chuckled a little and unclipped her sword sheath setting in on her lap as she sat up straight.

please call me stardust, after all are we not at the same rank? Two leaders of their respective planets meeting to discuss various things?

Hester listened intensely. She took in this newcomer to her court. What did they want? What would they demand of her? There is only a finite amount of power and, like water, it goes through many states. Right now, she mused, the power hung thick and muggy in the air, almost stifling the air.

She listened. It was the most important thing to do. So many tried to fill a space with sound. She filled it with the power she had. Or she thought she had. She was quickly learning, mere hours in, that power was indeed something that could remain solid, flow freely or evaporate in an instant.
She smiled.

‘I am not so powerful as all that, Stardust. I am a servant of the people. The CIS have a heavy military presence on this planet and it does serve as a reminder that no source of power is infallible.‘

She breathes a little, twiddling her hands.

‘Which is why I’ve asked you to come. This centre, this fortress, is well guarded. But I need to know if it has what it takes to protect me. This room, for instance. What does it need to ensure I don’t die in here alone?’

good thinking and words. Keep that attitude and you will see this planet flourish and be undying in their loyalty

She relaxed outwardly, a smile playing upon her face as she sat back, her eyes spoke that she had seen many many years of both political experience and many years of brutal battles. So when stardust was told why shed been asked to come here she stood up and took a breath as she slowly stepped about the room as she looked everything over before she stopped before the cautious guard and then looked to Hester

this man here is cautious, I know he's had a eye on me the entire time I've entered, a good thing however, its made it easy to predict where he's looking. He needs to be placed to have a better view of the room so he doesn't have to move his head.

She came back and took a seat looking out the window

being a high tower it needs AA guns for sure, the bottom needs to be reinforced and have defenses bolstered and this window? Thicker and shielded, im looking out and with the right weapon I could pierce this and kill from a far range

She wasn't holding back on her words, she was asked to review the places safety zhe would ensure she knew

"Empress Xazzex Vizar, and Thone of Falleen." A lithe and surprisingly young woman stood in the lobby of the newly risen Viceroy of Scarif. Evidently not new enough to lack someone to screen her visitors, apparently. Smart. Annoying, but obviously a woman that wouldn't be dead before the next dawn -- bode well for long-term business relations.

After a moment, she added slowly, "Viceroy of Falleen," in case the doorstop wasn't sure how important she was in the grand scheme of things. Perhaps he'd be more impressed with her unstated credentials as Crown of the Leviathan Ring syndicate? Somethings you simply didn't say, however. It became evident by what happened later to people that slighted you.

It appeared the good Viceroy already was entertaining someone, so they waited on confirmation when the next guest could enter. Xazzex wondered who this other was, and if they were really more important than herself. Not that many of the more vocal Viceroys had taken her up on many opportunities. Some of those in the shadows had, but it would be beneficial to have those of authority in the chamber to make sure things went their way. Not to mention business partners in need of resources, material, or services few others could provide. Fewer still with discretion.

Tag: Hester Shedo Hester Shedo | Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae

Hester watched with a mania. This was exactly what she had wanted to hear from the famed Dragon Queen. The weaknesses in the armour of Governance. A Viceroy was not only a representative of the people of her system. She was the planet. She could make or break the people. She could declare war. She could create building works and job initiatives. She could sell the land to the highest bidder. She could raise a defence force that would rival even the greatest Confederate states.

She didn't flinch when she heard of the possibility of an assassin from beneath and behind. Years of government workings had made her particularly cautious and a discreet list made by the Intelligence agencies had alerted her to any potential known enemies. It was the ones she didn't know of that would disrupt the plan somewhat. The shield gate that sat high above the planet saw that few entered without the necessary credentials. After all; this world was slowly becoming a fortress world, a breadbasket of industry and might.

An intercom screeched. Hester started somewhat, the lull in Stardust's voice drawing her attention in. She would have to be careful around this one.

She spoke.

"Shedo here."

The voice of young woman spoke. So many women around. That I do like.

"Excellency, The Viceroy of Falleen."

"Thank you. Will you admit her. We will be entertaining in the conference wing."

Hester smirked to herself. She spoke to Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae

"Dear friend, we are joined by an esteemed colleague. The Viceroy of Falleen. I hope you won't object to her joining our party.

Shedo stood.

"Come, follow me into the conference wing."

She motioned and entered through the discreet double doors, opening with a soft puff of compressed air. A large circular console was placed centrally, a display centre ready for activation. She sat on a fractionally raised dais, hoping her guests would join her.

Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae Xazzex Xivar Xazzex Xivar

The intercom screeched, pulling stars attention rather quickly and made her eyes glance to it before she smiled and turned to hester

not at all! If anything this being my first time getting into the politics of the confederacy I think its a wonderful opportunity to meet another viceroy

She turned with her and nodded as she began to follow hester to the conference room. Taking a seat nearby her stardust put her sword on the table and let a breath out as she relaxed into her seat a little

Xazzex Xivar Xazzex Xivar Hester Shedo Hester Shedo

Xazzex indulged in the obligatory weapon screening before boarding the elevator. She possessed no weapons, and left her guards below. As impressive as the sight of a well-armed or well-guarded personage would be, the Falleen didn't mind demonstrating a great deal of confidence in her ability to handle whatever was thrown at her personally. Best to start off amicably and only start throwing around shows of force if things began to sour.

After a short trek, the Viceroy stopped before the doors to the conference room. With a moment's pause, the Falleen woman opened the door to step within to find the Viceroy of Sarif was not alone. In fact, there was another green woman present, albeit not of her own world. A tall twi'lek woman that lacked the lazy or timid appearance the galaxy expected of them.

Dressed in a dark, leather output with large shoulder pads in the style of Falleen, Xazzex's golden gaze turned toward Hester Shedo immediately. Her appearance was one the Empress had memorized before the ship had touched down. "Viceroy Shedo," Xazzex gave a slight inclination of her head in acknowledgement, "Scarif is fortunate to have you leading it. My condolences on your loss." Were the two sentiments reversed? Yes, but only because the latter one was an after thought. 'Oh, how dreadful, your husband died and you ascended to power, I can see you are just beside yourside,' to be said in the flatest of tones. "As Viceroy of Falleen, I offer any service that can make this transitory period pass smoothly." There were many things on the menu; especially once that went unspoken. "Call me Xazzex." Or Viceroy, if she prefer formalities. Xazzex certainly did for those unworthy.

Tag:
Hester Shedo Hester Shedo | Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae

Disbelief. The world that had become the colour of the moment was disbelief. She did not believe the caliber of the people that were gracing her with their presence. Viceroys. Queens. Powerful people who could hold their own. She worried she wasn't enough. The simple Scarifan, chancing her luck with the elite climbers in the Galaxy.

The doors opened. Her lips parted slightly, another wave of power entered the room. This was a dark aroma though. It had a bitter taste to it...almost bloody. But she didn't see a threat. Hester knew that the biggest threat was the one that couldn't be discerned so easily. She was going to be very wary of this one.
She rose, listening to her speak. The Viceroy from Falleen mentioned her former husband; was this a dig? A power move? Was it a reminder that her position was, for the most part, due to her husband's death? Had she not earned it?

"Viceroy Falleen... Xazzex. My loss is Scarif's loss. Their gain; my own." She hoped it had sounded somewhat philosophical; in honesty, she was trying to work out what the comments of this interloper had truly meant. Xazzex struck Hester as somebody whose hands you watch, especially the one that isn't in view.

And whilst you were doing that, watch out for the dart in your neck,
as the old phrase had gone.

"Will you sit? There are refreshments. I hope your journey wasn't uncomfortable? This, your excellency, is Emerald Dragon, another esteemed guest come to welcome me into the sisterhood of Viceroyalty."

Tag: Xazzex Xivar Xazzex Xivar Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae

The minute those doors opened star had her eyes on the viceroy of falleen, she did not rise as she hadn't been introduced just yet...so she observed. Her power upon entering the room seemed dark, so stardust let hers free, as if a dragon itself had been setting among them standing tall and proud of its ability as she kept on listening and wondered if this one was poking at her death to which even stardust had to guess wasnt a accident

But again it wasn't her problem nor issue

Sometimes some were never meant to be in high places, some got there with blood on their hands.

Upon being introduced stardust stood, instead of the traditional bow she slammed her fist into her chest plate and bowed her head

a pleasure to meet you viceroy, I think it is too say our host is being most gracious isn't she?

Xazzex regarded the new Viceroy studious as she spoke, even while her countenance lacked the idiotic grin so many politicians wore. Falleen did not bother trying to please others. Either you were pleased, or you were not; they would say what needed saying, and do what needed doing. How people interpreted their actions was a problem for them to bear -- alone.

Though Hester was wise, if Xazzex could peer into the other's thoughts. Falleen might be forthright, but they could also strike you from the side physically or verbally. In this case, however, the passing of the last Viceroy was just an afterthought. One of those pleasantries that she did manage to be polite.

"Of course," the green woman replied, to both Hester's gain (and that of Scarif) and to accepting a seat in their company.

Before the seat was claimed, however, the other green woman present stood and gave an unexpectedly crisp salute. A curious 'observation' the Emerald Dragon chose to make. Seemed this one was interested in establishing relations with Hester as well, and offering Xazzex a chance to slit her own throat. "Viceroy Shedo is most generous to host us on her first day, when I am certain there are masses clamoring to meet with her." She afforded the other woman a nod of the head as well in case her words alone did not acknowledge her presence.

As Xazzex took her seat about the table, her eyes shifted back to Hester. "It is surprising how many people appear when someone rises to power. Everyone is eager to gauge their agenda or disposition toward matters of personal importance. Some hope to take advantage of a new Viceroy unaccustomed to due process or unfamiliar with known troublemakers. Your hospitality while they vie for a place on your schedule is exceedingly generous."

Tag:
Hester Shedo Hester Shedo | Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae

Shuklaar Kyrdol

CEO of Breshig War Forge Consolidated

M E E T I N G
Shuklaar had once been told by some aruetiise he'd met that he should, 'dress for the job he wanted'. Shuklaar always thought that it was the biggest pile of osik he'd ever heard, but as he'd started getting older, he found that there was certainly some degree of truth to the statement. As much as many of the new responsibilities that came with being in charge of the force responsible for rescuing the clans of Breshig from the clutches of the dar'jetii frustrated him in new and fantastic ways, this job was something he'd always wanted to do. In many ways, he was living out his dream.​
He was as hands on or hands off as he wanted to be, and his methods and leadership style was popular with the company. Mandalorian firms tended not to be like other firms in that way. If people liked working under you, they'd do so until they found a reason not to. Unfortunately, the problem with uprooting your entire business to avoid certain, complete annihilation was that business tended to be somewhat problematic after you tried to set back up again. Customers liked consistency, and consistency was hard to provide when Shuklaar himself wasn't quite easy to provide without a consistent set of customers.​
Fortunately for them, while their repeat customers learned they were alive, the CIS had accepted their offer of a contract. It was a lucrative contract, but Shuklaar knew that they needed something more to get Breshig War Forge Consolidated back on the galactic map. Hell, the reports of CIS personnel not knowing who the shab they were hadn't stopped coming in even after this long. He'd run into a few himself.​
Fame wasn't what he was after. It was what came with the widespread knowledge of one's existence that was after; credits. Credits bought resources, which kept the company going, which kept their people fed and with something to do. That was a start. Once they were back on their feet, then he'd see about finding someone to work with to take back their home. He'd run this planned sequence of events in his head several times over. Thankfully, however, an opportunity to further these plans had presented itself in the new viceroy of Scarif.​
Scarif was a world that Shuklaar had already greatly considered getting involved in. Unfortunately, the Grand Marshal currently preoccupied with her duties, and if he was informed correctly, her renegade cyar'ika. So far their manufacturing contract for the CDC had been somewhat limited. He'd been reliably informed, however, that there was some interest for them to set up production facilities on Scarif. Given, however, that another opportunity had also presented itself, Shuklaar felt for the first time in a very long time that things were about to work out in their favor. All that was left was to actually put things into motion.​
It was for that reason that he had decided to head out to Scarif. Nyles had insisted on the fighter escort, but within CIS space Shuklaar was not paranoid enough to feel it was necessary. Not to Scarif at any rate. So when he did arrive, it was with a single squadron of Kyr'galaar-class Multi-role Fighters accompanying Beroya 1-1. Scarif flight control normally logged him as a CDF contractor, whether that would change or not with things being...different...was something entirely out of his control. The crew of Beroya 1-1 flew down to The Spire, making for whatever landing pad flight control allocated them.​
Leaving things in the capable hands of the gunship's crew, Shuklaar turned his attention to Ragar Nihut'tyr and his four man fireteam of Vornskr Mishir-Jurkad Rammikade, all checking their weapons. "I know that look, alor," said Ragar without taking his eyes off of his RR-03 Repeating Ripper. "You know us, alor. If trouble doesn't find us, we'll go looking for it, but we'll be on extra special behavior today. Just the right amount of scary to sell it." Shuklaar let out a sigh. He very much knew what Ragar and his rammikade were capable of, he'd had the pleasure of serving with them on several occasions. He also knew the effect that heavily armored, heavily armed Mandalorians in relatively uniform armor tended to have on people. "Besides, we don't have enough firepower to have any real fun anyway," he added hastily.​
"Reassuring," laughed Shuklaar. "Just don't oversell it, vod. Don't make me wish I brought Aran instead of you." Ragar just laughed him off. They both knew that Aran's time to be dragged into a meeting would come when he got the Viceroy to see what Breshig War Forge Consolidated could do for it in addition to providing security. Ragar however, was here for another reason entirely. If the Viceroy wanted obvious, but very effective protection from anything but a tank company, then she needed look no further. However, if it was subtle she was looking for, then he'd made sure to bring that as well. It was for that reason that he'd got Saram to lend him Ran Netra and Viraen Kyrdol once more.​
The gunship touched down in short order, prompting Shuklaar to clear his head and prepare for this meeting. He'd heard a lot of about the Viceroy, plenty of rumors, much hearsay and really a whole lot of nothing. It was for that reason that he chose to reserve his judgement of her till he met her in person. Wordlessly, the six Mandalorians and his droid followed him down the ramp toward the building itself. Thankfully, their IFF registered as friendly, or he had a feeling that there might have been more attention cast in their direction till they reached what was clearly a reception of sorts.​
"Shuklaar Kyrdol, Breshig War Forge Consolidated. Meeting with Viceroy Shedo," he said, fixing the receptionist with a blank helmeted stare.​

Hester listened to Xazzex and Stardust. Their little sorority was a welcome change to the minor fumblings of Scarifan politics. She embraced the chance to talk to brighter minds than she. But she had a mandate from the people; to make bold and powerful incursions into the heart of the CIS' political sphere. She would protect Scarif's interests above all things but build. Oh, she would build. She had plans to build a city, eclipsing the capital Isle Hermoso, and making a centre of Confederate focus for parsecs around. It would take will, resources and tenacity but heck; this is the planet that built the Death Star.

"Generosity itself is but a seed. It is in the cultivation that we find the nut worth picking." Hester found herself blurting all sorts of Scarifan credos and phrases these days. Was she becoming the living embodiment of this great planet? Was she ascending to a higher plane, caught between the metaphysical and the realms of eternal reverence? Were those sirens the voices of angels, calling her to her destiny? A high pitched clarion called her from her reverie. A high pitched clarion

She started, gazing down at the communications array at her hand.

"Shedo."

A different voice came through, this time the voice of Director Toth.

"We have an interesting set of guests for you, Excellency. Shooklare Krydol, from Breshig."

Hester laughed internally. Mandalorian names were commonplace throughout the CIS but to hear it so butchered, and from somebody of intelligence, was comical, if not a little concerning. Did the Director harbor a secret prejudice? Their 'cultish' ways had often been a source of fetish for the Academy class and here she was, with a whole party of them. She smiled wryly. Breshig War Forge were not, however, a company to be laughed or sneered at. Heck, it payed to not look at them in most instances. She would certainly look at them. It didn't matter how well armed they were; with a shield gate that would trap any dissidents in the planet's atmosphere and an army of planetary defence troops, the garrison of The Spire and the entire CDF Dauntless Marine Corps sat in a little bunker under the surface of the planet, Hester didn't feel threatened. She felt nervous but not threatened.

"Will you send them up."

She turned her attention to her guests.

"We are joined, I'm told, by a group of distinguished Mandalorians. You are welcome to stay and listen to what they have to say."

Xazzex Xivar Xazzex Xivar Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae Shuklaar Kyrdol Shuklaar Kyrdol

Stardust at back and mulled over the words of shedo, generosity was indeed a seed that when planted could yield some very useful help down the road.

wise words, however one must be careful of their generosity and giving it up to much, for some will seek to use that to their advantages

She weighed in. Glancing to the other as she nodded her head in agreement and sat up

she makes a good point, friend face in politics is of course a game, everyone has their own halls and interest they wish to see through. Even I can't lie and say I'm here to not just assist in ensuring your well protected in fact i was gonna ask to see about a trade agreement between our planets, one that would benefit you the most

Shedos comm went off again, star remained quiet until it was announced more mandalorians would be joining them

hahaha not at all viceroy, if anything having vod here would be amazing

Xazzex sat patiently as Hester spoke of cultivating generosity. Stardust seemed to agree with what was said as well, or paid it lip service; then cautioned Hester from indulging too greedily or trusting too openly. The three of them were an interesting sort. A group of compatible women on a spectrum of belief or so it would seem. The Falleen was on the other end of the table so to speak from Hester on this matter. There was no need to cultivate generosity; though long suffering and patience could be mistaken for such, and those were worthy traits in a partner. Leave the charity work to someone lacking ambition.

A calm shift of Xazzex's eyes followed Stardust admitting her interest in being there. Now why would someone willingly offer a deal that benefited the other party most? Either a fool, or someone expecting a more bountiful harvest later for a little sacrifice today. "A planet like Scarif benefits from as many trade agreements as it can manage. There's no need to squander the natural beauty of the world, nor a reason to refrain from refined development. Falleen is willing to provide services others might lack." Perhaps the two green women were in some manner of competition, but Xazzex was not overly concerned. There were resources and services each could provide the other could not -- Falleen just happened to excel in ones very few planets would ever dare. Too many moral and ethical quandaries, and wringing of hands over public opinion.

A ring signaled another would-be suitor to the Viceroy's interest. Mandalorians, it seemed. Another group that could benefit from Falleen's services, albeit more in the vein of raw materials. They were far too dogmatic to benefit from some of the more... select services available. Though they didn't need to know how material was acquired for it to be of use did they?

"Most kind, but neither of us came here to had you what could have been sent by holonet, Viceroy Shedo. We only benefit from learning more of you, your world, and your aims." Xazzex wasn't one to be intimidated by heavily armed men and women. Nor was she a saleswoman. A day, two... how ever long she was welcome and productivity resulted in conversing.

Tag: Hester Shedo Hester Shedo | Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae | Shuklaar Kyrdol Shuklaar Kyrdol

Shuklaar Kyrdol

CEO of Breshig War Forge Consolidated

M E E T I N G
Thankfully, Shuklaar didn't have to wait for long before they were informed that the Viceroy would see them. That was the first sign that things to come were likely to work out in their favor. With only an acknowledging nod, Shuklaar and the others followed behind their guide to the meeting room. Force of habit meant the seven Mandalorians exchanged quick notes on security, defenses and the fastest way out in the event that things went to haran. He didn't expect any threat from the Viceroy, but with their enemies being the particularly resourceful kind he wouldn't put it beyond their capabilities. There was some sense in the Vornskr Mishir-Jurkad Rammikade's maxim of, "Always prepare for trouble, and if it doesn't find you, find it first."​
When the door opened, Shuklaar would be lying if said that he was expecting to see another Mandalorian there. The galaxy didn't quite have a shortage of noteworthy Mandalorians in this day and age, it seemed. The Mandalorians of Breshig didn't often pay too much attention to their neighbors and as a result a lot of what they deemed 'hero worship' was lost on them. The one standing in front of him, however, if based off notoriety alone, was one he instantly recognised.​
The other woman in the room was also one he immediately recognized. He'd made a point to try and commit to memory most of the noteworthy Viceroys in the CIS. He didn't even need to glance at the readout of the ID scanner to know that he was in the company of none other than Viceroy Xazzex Xivar of Falleen. Interesting did not begin to cover that planet nor its Viceroy, but now was perhaps a poor time to see if their reputation was well deserved.​
Of course, there was the Viceroy herself. Shuklaar considered himself more than reasonably good at gauging people, and every single instinct told him not to underestimate this woman at all. Part of him wondered, if fleetingly, if there was any truth to the rumors that circulated at all. Everything about her told him that she knew exactly what she wanted, and was not afraid to do just about anything to get it. That sort of ambition suited him as far as what he'd hoped he'd achieve in this meeting.​
Impressed, would perhaps be an accurate descriptor for Shuklaar's reaction to the caliber of those that stood in front of him. "Viceroy Shedo, Viceroy Xivar, vod," he said, inclining his head in greeting. "I was unaware this was a group meeting, nonetheless this is a pleasant surprise."

Shuklaar.

She had heard all about this galactic player, a character of notoriety, fame and, above all things, intrigue. It were as if he collected adjectives that would suit on any occasion. Hester felt a flutter in her stomach; she was excited. She was nervous. She was thrilled. This would be the Mandalorian that could bring the planet's forces into the forefront of the territorial armies.
Alongside the system fleet and the inevitable droid legions, she hoped the Breshig War Forge would meld her soldiers into a fighting force worthy of the planet of Scarif and the Confederate Army it would support and supplement. He would be sending the very best troops into battle, trained to the highest standards and she was giddy.

She smiled her smile. It was a smile that said 'Go on. I dare you.'

She listened to him speak. He knew the others. This was good. He did have connections. He looked at her. He saw her.

'Exalted guests! I have no reason to doubt that we are all in awe of the figures who stand before us. This company of Mandalorians are the famous Breshig War Forge. I am hoping he is going to raise and train my brand new Planetary Defence Force. The old one is no longer fit for purpose and I want the very best.'

She laid it all out for everyone to see. She had no reason to hide her intentions. He had known what she had wanted from him from the moment she reached out to them. Now she hoped he would give her what she wanted. She had the credit, the prestige, the backing, the entire Federal government.

She sipped her tea. "Will you sit?"

Tags: Shuklaar Kyrdol Shuklaar Kyrdol Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae Xazzex Xivar Xazzex Xivar

When the fellow mandalorian entered stardust sat up a bit more, breshig forge was a name she had heard a time or two but never had the chance to go and see their works for herself, nodding as he spoke she was glad to see more vod around

Looking to hester she raised a brow, a bold move, a show of force even maybe? In any case the emerald dragon had to admit with a small grin on her face she enjoyed that boldness. Sitting back again she spoke

no doubt with a mandalorian at the head teaching your troops you will have no worry about this planets safety

She said with nod to Shuklaar Kyrdol Shuklaar Kyrdol , certainly this little one on one meeting was now a interesting event unfolding before her

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom