Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Dark Empire | Convention at Carlac

"And there may yet be more to come to those who seek."

Onrai's reply to Ibaris Varanin Ibaris Varanin was itself brief, yet it conveyed much. An indication, perhaps, that the enigmatic being who had sought to communicate with her was yet willing to offer her more than she had entered into the nascent Dark Empire with alone. The ambition of a Varanin was unmistakable - it practically radiated from the woman, and perhaps to the untrained eye would seem no different from the avaricious lust for power that any darksider drawn to something like this galactic power whose fate yet remained unclear.

Then spoke Ignacious Korvan Ignacious Korvan . The words of the Imperial Despot were, by Onrai's metric, par for the course. She found it admittedly impressive as to the falsehood of his care - his suggestion that any of the Imperial or Mawite lives lost in the prior conflicts had mattered. Of course they didn't - not to him at least. There were more than enough survivors of the Maw's campaigns that had joined the Sith-Imperial veterans of the first post-Gulag Empire in her service and whose devotion to her was less ideological and more appreciative of her support. The Maw viewed life as a commodity, flesh as a thing to be traded and expended in support of a goal. A fickle viewpoint, if one were to seek lasting power.

But after all, while Korvan may have been called the despot, he was a mere speck of dust floating through the universe compared to him whom Onrai awaited.

At the time of their earliest reunion, Onrai's recollection of Darth Solipsis Darth Solipsis was particularly distant. Her focus on her own assets, and that of her allies like Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen , had meant her involvement in what she occasionally deigned to view as pointless atrocities was minimal. Though her ships and soldiers still served the Maw, the new Emperor had yet to stand out before her from the titans of the past who had clashed against the Light and proven victorious.

Yet the meeting she had shared with him prior to this very event did, surprisingly, secure her cooperation. Perhaps it was boredom, or perhaps there was a genuine sense of belief that Solipsis would dive into the forbidden gnosis of the Immortal Gods of the Sith, among other profanities within the galaxy, but Onrai could scarcely resist the opportunity to, if nothing else, see where everything went with the future of the Dark Empire.

As the propagandic nature of the speech continued, Onrai's interest, to perhaps any who saw her from the corner of her eye, remained more curious than focused. If Solipsis succeeded in his goals, then the galaxy would be stronger and better off for it, at least for a time until he was defeated as all mortals were. If not, then nothing had changed, and she would continue to do as she had done before.

"A galaxy reborn..." She smirked at his final words, her own muttered silently to herself. Akala had once lived her life based around such a principle, and he was no Akala, but perhaps he could be in time.

The arrival of Thomas Barran Thomas Barran , and his statement of support for Solipsis, practically made the twice-false goddess laugh. It was an appreciated break from the sheer focus and formality that the stage had summoned from the populus gathered on Carlac. Onrai made note to meet with him at some point - though the Scar Hounds had been once distant, she appreciated the man's boldness and fervor for his people. Such was, if nothing else, worthy of a sliver of respect.

As the words came to an end, there was something off within the congregation. She sensed the discontent of Jin Kyrel Jin Kyrel within the field of onlookers mere seconds before he acted, finding the conflict within the man to be a most curious reaction indeed. His words upon the stage finally broke the silence of Onrai, who couldn't help but audibly laugh at the act of the one foolish enough to attack the focus of attention. Considering the limitless military might on the world's surface, not to mention the dozens of heavily armed and skillfully trained Sith and Imperials in front of the stage, only one thought came to Onrai's mind.

I wonder how he'll survive this.

Tag: Keilara Kala'myr Keilara Kala'myr Thomas Barran Thomas Barran
Objective: Meet her sister

Poor Hex hears voices in her head

Hex speech to others
Hex speech to herself

Hexes inner voices
'...Neutral...'
'...Doubt...'
'...Anger...'

Coloured '.....' are also words that Hex can hear , but I decided not to write them to reduce clutter

Untitled55-20220518133449.png

uy5WWyH.png
Hex's heart quickened and her mouth went dry as Thomas Barran Thomas Barran made the introduction to the red haired woman in front of her. "Mercy" she thought to herself, seeing it it jogged any memories for her. Nothing. The woman didn't speak for a few moments as she seemed like she was searching for something, confused by the announcement but Hex waited until she spoke again.

"What kind of disgusting game is this? Keilara did have a sister... but she died years ago. Who is this girl?"

'...We know that name...'

Hex froze, hearing a name that she didn't know she knew, locked deep down in her trapped psyche was the name of the older girl that she watched being beaten as a baby, hearing that name being shouted had locked it in her memories, but she had never been able to access them, all she had left was a partial familiarity with a name she had heard screamed over and over.

"This isnt the right person is it Barran? I know that name but..." she did a clawed punch at her head as if trying to claw something out. She started to relax a little more, all the dramatic tension and it was the wrong person.

She looked at Mercy apologetically and smiled, they were both being screwed with weren't they. "I'm sorry, Mercy, I think there has been a mixup. My name is Hex, they keep telling me my name used to be Elyssa, but I don't really remember anyone ever calling me that." she gave a little shrug. "That name you said though... Keilara, I have this nagging feeling I've heard it before. But everything's been a bit" she put a finger to her head and made a popping sound with her mouth. "since I was like, eight or something. I'm fairly certain I'm not dead though." she looked at Barran with raised eyebrows that suggested "got anything to say about that?"

She wondered how the other woman's sister had died, she did remember nearly dieing when she was younger in that hospital fire, then a bunch of other times at various points in her life. But she was already talking too much and her nerves were returning.

Max Sinn Max Sinn

It was several moments before she responded to the Admiral. Her attention was focused on the spectacle center stage. She could appreciate the conflict, the intensely maddening confusion Jin Kyrel Jin Kyrel was clearly suffering from. She had been in that very same position long, long ago. The realization that you had been manipulated without even the slightest hint of realizing it was being done. The Master of Ren was lost to himself now. Maestus pitied him, wondering if he would be able to break the invisible chains that now bound him to Darth Solipsis Darth Solipsis . That would be the real test, the true challenge Jin Kyrel Jin Kyrel would have to face sooner or later.

She frowned, sighing quietly as she looked to Max Sinn Max Sinn once more. She, too, had often wondered recently, what would be different this time. Would adding the Imperial Remnants to the banners make a difference enough to alter the outcome this? As she let her gaze sweep across the gathered mass, she had her doubts.

Indeed, death isn't always as finite as some may assume. You're not alone in your...Wonderings. About the blending of such polar opposites into anything resembling cohesiveness. Apparently, all it takes are words and promises of glory and conquest, and well...Like moths to a beautiful flame, they bend the knee without question.

She looked to Max intently. Did her new friend tend towards the blind fealty that surrounded them? Would she give voice to her own questions or doubts?

3rd Post
cz9kj8m.png

MOSHED-2024-2-24-19-35-7-1.gif

-THE LAST PRELUDE TO TERROR-
svgexport-1-test.png

cz9kj8m.png

sabrina-glik-higgs.png

THE_BLOODHOUND
GREAT KHAN OF THE SCAR HOUNDS

WARLORD OF RHIGAR & MAR'ZAMBUL
DIVINE CHAMPION OF MOTHER REBIRTH
tommehbanner1w.png

Tags(Friend): Keilara Kala'myr Keilara Kala'myr Hex Hex

cz9kj8m.png

cz9kj8m.png

AT THE PRECIPICE III: A WALK AMONG THE WARLORDS - PART 4
VbCMHQu.png
LANDING-POD 9, DESERTED SPACEPORT,
ASOPORT, CARLAC (901 ABY)

Hold on a moment.... Something isn't right here.
What conditioning goes this deep?

Whatever this might be, neither the Dark Three nor the Core Worlds are to blame here.
Concerned beyond articulation, Thomas found himself utterly dumbfounded by Keilara's response, incredulous that there was no such trace of the recognition he was hoping to see in her eyes, even moreso by the visceral extremity of the Matriarch's reaction. It was as if the worst mistake imaginable had been made in reestablishing family ties, as if the very Goidelic urge to close a clan's ranks in times of adversity, the innate need to keep family at the center of the Khanate's guiding philosophies, all of it seemed to have steered the Bloodhound wrong on this occasion.

And yet, even in the general lack of recognition from Hex's perspective, the Great Khan himself knew there was more to this - knowing all three on that landing-pod were known for hiding souls within their own.

Barran didn't like it one bit, like there were more hidden workings to the Cosmos than he was comfortable with admitting, effecting more changes than those that Thomas knew and recognised, but the Khan had resolved to getting to the heart of the matter. There was more to the confusion, more even, to the foggy lack of recognition, but within this Barran knew there was an answer to the problem somewhere, likely hidden deep within the fragmented minds of the Kala'myrs concerned. However, in light of the confusion itself, the Bloodhound quickly came to the realisation that memories didn't come flooding back overnight, they always slipped back to recall in flashbacks, and in this subject - the Khan was more than well-versed.

'You've got to be kiddin' me with this caper! Check your DNA strands for yourselves, you're closer-related than ye think.... Take as long as is necessary, but as of right this second, you're both going to get to know each other - see what the jogs the noggin from there, eh?'
Sighing with head shaking in disappointment, the Bloodhound had no time for complications of this magnitude, and especially not in the understanding that his presence was required at the Dark-Imperial gathering in Citadel Caelitus; but the One-Eyed Woad relented, waving it off as he turned to walk away, but there was just one more concern to impart on the Kala'myrs. Turning with his one-remaining eye facing the ones he considered sisters until the revelation moments before, Barran stopped in his tracks to conclude,'Well, if ye need any incentive to find out sooner than later, jus' know our existence hangs by a wispy thread, though only for as long as we persist in our old habits, our old plans an' such.... I'll tell you what I mean by that when I return, this I promise you both.', before turning back towards the hulking bulwark in the not-so-distant north.
xPNffnf.png

CONFERENCE HALL, CITADEL CAELITUS,
ASOPORT, CARLAC (901 ABY)

Their faces are older now, but I know them all the same.
Whether it be Jin Kyrel or Derix Tirall....

I know these faces, even those who hide among the crowd.

After finally sitting down near the back at the central column of the audience podiums, it was then that all the faces were spotted in stage-lighting illumination around them, and in the realisation that a star-studded collective of leadership excellence had deigned to attend the convention, Barran delighted in the chance there was more excitement awaiting chances to speak. Just as Thomas himself intended to speak when the time was right, to reveal his real identity to those who never met the Bloodhound, the Shriven or the Flayed Blue-Lion - nor the Bold for that matter.

Fortunately for the Bloodhound, none who recognised his face had alerted the others to his presence, proof that politeness and courtesy alike had as much a home with the Dark Empire as any other faction in the Galaxy; and with it, proof that the Scar Hounds (and the Khanate as a whole entity-) still had friends, or at the very least, peers out there willing to let fate handle the pacing of the impending expansions. This wasfortunately enough to assure his presence as a boisterous Goidelic-born emissary of the Maw, or at the very-least, as a political Warlord attending on his Great-Khan's behalf, perhaps made easier by the choice of attire for the evening, donning on what one would expect a magnate of the merchant caste to wear in public.

But for those who knew of the legend as much as the man himself, there would be something of a giveaway in the beard, though likely more in the purpose-cut ruby right-eye, yet most of all - likely caught from the Goidels' uncannily-distinct aptitude for oratory public-speaking.

'Well, well, well.... Who, I wonder, might be next t'stand?'

Shame I never brought snacks, nor any hooch for that matter.
Poor form for me anyways, very much so.

kfmeqrcl.png

cz9kj8m.png

VVVDHjr.png
VVVDHjr.png

Matriarch of the Scar Hounds Tribe
VVVDHjr.png
Information
Objective: Reunion (BYOO)
Equipment: FS-18-UP2 Assault Rifle | 2x Sunfury Pistol | Light Armour | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit | 2x Vibrodagger | 2x Riftblades | Promise of Freedom | Ring of Wishes and Dreams || Cloaking Device | 5x ASBF Probe Droid || OPBC-01m
Tags: Thomas Barran Thomas Barran | Hex Hex | Closed

JHAVMFq.png
"Galactic Basic" | ~ Telepathic communication ~ | << comm. channel >>
Keilara Kala'myr | Mercy | Ziare Dyarron | Freedom

VbCMHQu.png

As I listened to both of them, I wanted to punch someone or shoot someone. Shooting them might be more effective, because then they would be silent forever. More effective and more deadly. Why did I have to listen to this? Especially in this place? Where I first met Asher. I was never very good at family things, after all, I was born in a part of Keilara that was afraid of them, that didn't want to be one of them, that wanted to be left alone. Even though I had the memories, I always suffered from the difficulty of forming any kind of relationship. I did love Asher, yes, although with him it was perhaps his power, his rank, his influence that first attracted me and it was only over time that I really fell in love with him. And I liked Tommy, but it took years for us to develop a fraternal relationship. It was the same with Kallan, and I just put up with Keilara. And the children... well, we know.

"ENOUGH!" I said loudly and angrily.

My voice echoed in the empty space for quite some time, and I had to clench my hands into fists to avoid hitting any of them. The only reason my palms didn't get bloody and my fingers didn't press into my palms was because the gloves of my armour were on and prevented it. My hand was shaking and it took a tremendous amount of force to keep me from hitting a nearby wall. Fortunately, I was able to take better care of my actions, even though the anger was showing in my eyes and on my face.

"Keilara has a sister and a former brother, not me!" I snarled at both of them.

Although I used to verbally refer to our brother as my brother, I never thought of him as that, but only as a stranger with whom I shared DNA; that is, this body shared DNA. The same applied to "my mother" and "my father". I was never a model of family or attachment. I would kill anyone if it was necessary to achieve my goals or to make a plan succeed. Except Asher. But I was also able to form such a bond with him, perhaps because we were mentally one and bound together by a dyad, a dyad without Force. It was different than with others…

~ You know better than anyone in the living world that I'm not good at bonding! I can't even bond with my own children as a mother and I'd rather Keilara be their mother than me… ~ I snarled further in thought.

"But I am not Keilara... the body was hers, yes. She was born into it, but since Exegol she is no longer in my mind. The girl is her sister, not mine. I have no brother, no sister, no parents. I'm just a damn split personality born out of her anger, despair and pain!" I continued to snarl.

Everything was much easier when I thought and everyone knew that there was no one else in the family and I had to be Countess. Just distant relatives here and there that Keilara had never even seen in her life, and I could go on. But a close blood relative? No, that was a bit much for me. I paused for a moment and looked at the pair; then it occurred to me that I hadn't mentioned to Tommy since Exegol what my mental state was; other than not necessarily stable; okay, it's very far from stable. I took a deep breath and stretched my fingers, my fists were no longer clenched. When I spoke, my voice was somewhat calmer.

"It's complicated. We may be biologically related, because Keilara Kala'myr was born into this body. But when she was two or three years old, as Tommy knows, her mind split into Ziare and me. I was suppressed in Ziare's mind until Tu'teggacha the former Taskmaster of Maw woke me up and Omni created another one personality, Freedom. From then on Ziare was suppressed and I was the main personality. Over the years Ziare and Keilara have merged again, although I remember everyone's memories, I am not them. My husband also had multiple personalities, also thanks to Tu'teggacha... After my husband died on Tython, his original personality found a home in my mind. After Exegol, I followed my husband to the Netherworld, where Freedom, Keilara, now one with Ziare, and Kallan left my mind thanks to the Valkyrja race. Freedom remained as a spirit, but Keilara and Kallan were given physical bodies by the Valkyrja. They got back what I and Asher took from them. They have lived in a happy marriage in close proximity to us ever since, and typically the two of them and Asher raise our twins. So... I no longer share a body and a mind with Keilara…"

Here I was silent for a moment and took another deep breath. This is not a subject I like to talk about.

"I can't summon her with a thought right now, it's a bit more complicated, but if necessary I can arrange for her to speak to her real sister…" I told them.

OZWMF6V.png

Tag: Keilara Kala'myr Keilara Kala'myr Thomas Barran Thomas Barran
Objective: Meet her sister

Poor Hex hears voices in her head

Hex speech to others
Hex speech to herself

Hexes inner voices
'...Neutral...'
'...Doubt...'
'...Anger...'

Coloured '.....' are also words that Hex can hear , but I decided not to write them to reduce clutter

Untitled55-20220518133449.png

uy5WWyH.png

Hex had already seen the DNA data when Thomas Barran Thomas Barran had first made this claim, if Keilara Kala'myr Keilara Kala'myr was the right person, then she was the right person. Hex was so confused by all this, her fingers twitched and her blue eyes began to slowly turn onto a bright shade of pink as lines made their way out from her pupil.

'...She can barely stand to look at you...'
"Oh Kark off..."
she said over her own shoulder to the unheard voices.

Mercy went on this long rant about not being the same person, split personalities, a body that used to belong to someone else, it was a lot, but what it boiled down to was that she wasn't interested in having a sister. Hex's own fist tightened and she held her finger up at Mercy.

"Listen... " she sighed "I actually get all that chit, well, not all of it... I may have questions later... but I know what it's like living with other people in your head.

But..."
she clenched her fist, tears were forming in her eyes as she struggled to stay in control.

'...shooting them both would be simpler...'
"He took our guns dumbass"

She rolled her eyes but then her brow furrowed as she quickly refocused her attention back on Mercy. "But you dont get to reject me, I dont care if you dont think you can bond with me, I dont need you. My family apparently dumped me in that stupid institution and never came back... so... not really high on my list of "positive relationships".

But...again..."
She pushed her anger back down as she heard Mercy's own tone changing and she mentioned something about speaking to her real sister.

"I would like to see what's going on here, hang around a bit, maybe blow chit up. Tommy here has a lot of explosives on his ship. And maybe we might see where this sister thing goes?" she shrugged and her lip curled in a small peace offering smile to the woman who was clearly finding this just as screwed up as she was. As much as Elyssa claimed she didn't need Keilara, the was a part of the blue haired girl that was afraid that she would be flat out rejected and not get to learn where she came from.

"Wait? Does this mean I'm someone's auntie?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom