Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC 71st Assault-CF Reconnaissance Combat Group "Ghost Vipers"

Status
Not open for further replies.

compnor2-by-xtyseth-ddx28xn-fullview.png
71st.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Unit Name:
    • Officially: 71st Assault-CF Reconnaissance Combat Group
    • Unofficially: The Ghost Vipers
  • Affiliation: The New Imperial Order | COMPNOR
  • Classification: Unconventional Warfare Black Ops Unit
  • Description: The 71st is a newly formed CompForce Combat group that specializes in unconventional warfare while also training in conventional warfare; however, the latter will be something the Combat Group hardly participates in unless in dire situations. The 71st has been formed from COMPNOR’s Sub-Adult group and volunteers from the Stormtrooper Corps, specifically Scout Troopers and other soldiers specializing in reconnaissance and guerrilla warfare tactics that have a zeal in their duty to the New Imperial Order and It’s ideals.
COMBAT INFORMATION:
Strengths:
  • Zealous: Every soldier in the 71st and every unit in CompForce have a zealous loyalty to Imperial ideals and to the Imperator. The New Imperial Order won’t find an extremely loyal soldier outside of CompForce.
  • Special Training: The 71st are not stereotypical soldiers that are thrown blindly in suicidal charges. Along with basic training, these soldiers receive enhancing training with: survival, reconnaissance, CQC, sabotaging, and other skills as an unconventional unit.
Weaknesses:
  • Limited Supply: When deployed in its operations, the 71st will face the fact that supplies and munitions will be limited as well as any aid from the New Imperial Order; therefore, it’s important for the Vipers to know how to survive and use their munitions economically. Sometimes they will receive aid from locals they’ve befriended and support their cause.
  • Outmanned and Outgunned: The 71st will hardly operate on the front lines and will avoid any lasting combat. Any combat they see will be short-term missions that don’t require much munitions and soldiers. Reason for this is that they will be deployed in small numbers due to how delicate they operate.
  • Zealous: As part of their training, these soldiers are not afraid of dying for their nation and the ideals it represents. They’d rather die in a fight, then surrender themselves to the enemy.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
The 71st was formed after the events of the Battle of Bastion between the New Imperial Order and the Sith Empire. With the newly formed COMPNOR it began to train cadets from its Sub-Adult Group and hand selected from the Stormtrooper Corps, specifically Scout Troopers and other recon soldiers with zealousy in their duties to the ideaology of the New Imperial Order. Very few operatives of this Combat Group include deserters of the Sith Empire, an example being Djorn Bline who was the former Grand Moff of Foreign Intelligence for the Sith Empire. Him and a few operatives in his unit, those that decided to defect, were transferred over, after interrogation and psychological probing, to take the reigns of one of CompForce’s units that would specialize in the talents and skills they possess. Unlike the the
45th, a unit that charges relentlessly in the front lines with bravery, the 71st would be more sophisticatedly trained; however, it’s reported to have more casualties and a low graduation rate from the Sub-Adult Group that pursues to join the ranks of the 71st due to the extreme training regimen it demands from its trainees. Trained Scout Troopers would have an easier time passing the requirements and would often guide their younger comrades from the Sub-Adult Group, but only to those that were superior than their peers.

Unofficially the 71st call themselves “Ghost Vipers”, named after the serpent native to the Garollian System that is known to have rapid, swift movements with its tongue. Fitting as the Combat Group’s commander is reported to have a “thing” of nicknaming himself after snakes.

Last edited:
:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
Djorn Bline Djorn Bline

I apologize for taking a couple extra days to get back to you. Thank you so much for your patience!

I am still training so this will need a secondary review before it receives a final approval.

There is some good work here, but also some things we need to address so, let’s begin shall we!

The biggest issue I have with this submission is with permissions. I will break them all down one by one, so bear with me this will be a long post because 70% do not conform to the Codex General Submission Guidelines (yes I actually counted and did the math).

To start, let me remind you of the rule in regards to factory submissions and the use of items created by other individuals:

If an item listed was created by another member and has specific affiliations or is listed as "Closed Market" you will be required to include proof of purchase/permission by the original submitter for the equipment or you will need to choose something else. (A more detailed breakdown of affiliations and permissions can be found here.) No exceptions.

You may want to look over the link that is provided within the rule as it provides a clear outline of what we are looking for here.

For this submission I am going to break it down by category.

1. Small Arms:

There is only 1 item you are using here which DOES NOT need permission. The rest of them require it.

Proof of purchase or permission required from Republic Engineering Corporation or Gideon Raith:
Proof of purchase or permission required from Corondex Arms or Zef Halo:
Proof of purchase or permission required from Karovnogal Small Arms Workshop or Gat Tambor:
Proof of purchase or permission required from ApexTech Industries or Darth Bellum/Fidivar Norn:
Heavy Weapons:

All of these require proof of purchase or permission from Republic Engineering Corporation or Gideon Raith:
Melee Weapons:

Proof of purchase or permission required from Republic Engineering Corporation or Gideon Raith:
Proof of purchase or permission required from ApexTech Industries or Darth Bellum/Fidivar Norn:
Grenades and Explosives:

Miscellaneous Equipment:

Proof of purchase or permission required from Corondex Arms or Zef Halo:
All of these submissions will require permissions. If you cannot obtain them you will have to remove them or replace them. Perhaps you can understand why N/A under permissions is simply not acceptable here. This submission cannot be approved until this is remedied. While we do not judge for balance in the codex, if you were to use this submission in a PvP context, and it were reported, the lack of permissions would result in the submission being pulled.

One other small suggestion. You mention the 45th in your history here:

Unlike the the 45th, a unit that charges relentlessly in the front lines with bravery…

Since this is a subbed unit it would be helpful for those who do not know the background to have a link included for reference. I have provided it here for you.

Everything else seems to be good to go. As soon as you take care of these for me, we can bump this up for a secondary.

Djorn Bline Djorn Bline

Thank you!

I will reiterate just to be clear here.

There is a difference between you the individual knowing the NIO has permission, and providing the proof of it. Many of the weapons listed were acquired through purchase or other means, and proof of that is required for EVERY submission which uses them. I understand it can get tedious, but you do have to prove those permissions exist.

Thank you for understanding.

Djorn Bline Djorn Bline

It seems you still have a couple of permissions to tweak.

Let's break this down.

You have provided most of which are needed for this submission so thanks! However, your permissions include permission from the owner of AvCorp, but you do not use weapons or items from AvCorp. None of the permissions for ApexTech have been added as requested, so again until those are taken care of I cannot approve this submission.

I also pointed out that you linked to a submission which is in the archives and provided you with the correct link. You still need to swap that out as well.

As per the codex guidelines:

Do not place links in submissions to threads that are within the Archives or anywhere that cannot always be publicly viewed. (Ex. Faction Groups/Google Docs/Etc)

Thanks for getting on that for me. Pretty sure we can get it all this time around.

On the company page (opening post) of ApexTech it states that the NIO has permission to use any products made by the company.

So remove AvCorp from the permissions and remove the archived submission? For the latter, which item is that?

Judah Lesan Judah Lesan

EDIT: Fixed it, hopefully we get it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom