Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public When the Cards All Fold (Kaeshana/Invite)

Hevana Martin

Hair-triggered Super Soldier
Hevana turned when she heard Siobhan's voice. The other woman was Hevana's oldest living friend, and it made Hevana feel a bit better that she had been by Coryth's side when Hevana was not able to be. When the ex-Jedi mentioned calming down, Hevana grumbled. "Hey, I held back! He's still alive isn't he?"

Never-the-less Hevana refrained from pounding any more padawans as she followed behind Siobhan. Nasty looks the other Jedi in the area might be giving her, but she cared little. Memories of the red head Jedi, perfectly kept within Hevana's genetically enhanced mind, kept playing on repeat as worry occupied the rest of her mind.

When they arrived at the room she could tell how sick Coryth was, and caring little about the consequences she rushed forward. In the process she shoved a big armored guy (@[member="Ordo"]) and some Jedi looking dude (@[member="Joshua Dragonsflame"]) out of her path with many times the strength of a normal human having forgotten to restrain herself in her rush forward.

The moment she was close enough she flung her arms around Coryth's neck and hugged her tightly. "I'm so sorry I wasn't here. I really let you down love."

@[member="Hevana Martin"], @[member="Coryth Elaris"]

"Yeah, and that's a relief. Come on," Siobhan commented before she guided Hevana to the by now very crowded meeting room where Coryth was. An ex-Imperial supersoldier (from the old, original Empire) and the Butcher of Gehenna in the same room within the hallowed grounds of the Jedi Temple was not a recipe for chaos and mayhem at all. Well, so far no one had been seriously hurt! Given her own track record it was probably tremendously hypocritical of Siobhan to lecture Hevana.

Regardless as Hevana was led into the room Siobhan gave her shoulder a slight squeeze before her friend rushed forward, following her into the room but not interfering as she flung her arms around Coryth. Instead she stood at their side, though she said nothing. This a moment between them, so she gave them space. Nor did she lecture Hevana about shoving people around.

@[member="Verz Horak"] @[member="Ordo"] @[member="HK-36"] @[member="Coryth Elaris"]

Arla was about to say she was raised on Tatooine when two women entered the room. Two dark haired women each giving off airs of confidence and concern walked past all of them to go to the Master Jedi in the bed. Arla would explain later her knowledge of Tatooine, she got the sensation that this time was something else. Loved ones checking on family, and other loved ones. Arla had no problem with this she had grown accustomed to watching, except with Verz and Ordo, she was herself with them.

Arla looked out to see the Jedi with Doc, he was such a fanboy of Verz' it made her giggle. The red head just bathed in the feelings around her, she would go where Nomad went.

@[member="Hevana Martin"] @[member="Verz Horak"] @[member="HK-36"] @[member="Coryth Elaris"] @[member="Arla Balor"] @[member="Doc"]

Ordo stumbled a little to side as the little woman pushed him to the side. He looked at Verz and Arla and shrugged. The girl must have had an adrenalin rush or something.

Ordo decided he had better let the people figure out what they wanted to do before anyone rushed away. So he nodded to the sick woman.

"I'll wait outside." He said as he turn to go back to Rianna.

She was checking on a republic soldier who was getting fixed up.

"What do you make of things Cyar'ika?" he said walking close.

Coryth only seemed a little shocked as Hevana raced into her room shoving by the group, to hug her. A small wince came, still a little sore from the evening before. "Easy Hevana, I'm not exactly well." But she knew her dear friend knew that, otherwise she never would have raced here in such a manner.

"Thank you for grabbing her Siobhan." The chaos to an extent could still be felt that had been left in her wake as she raced to the Master in the chair. Even now she could hear a jedi being brought in, something spoken of a broken nose and a crazed woman. No doubt Hevana's work in her panic to find Coryth.

A polite bow of her head followed to Ordo, "Thank you." She turned to the other two "All of you. It's a long journey and I'm glad, honored that you'll be by my side. Means more to me than I can express, and maybe someday ... just maybe I can repay the favor." It was far more than she had any right to ask of them and felt that if she survived all of this that she was going to have find a way to give back to them as they were to her now. Not one of them had to do any of what she requested but they had agreed so willingly to help her, and that earned her a greater respect for them and their people than she ever had before. Honor, pride, duty, loyalty, it was all things she held to herself. Her own guiding light. Perhaps she fit more along with the Mandalorians than she did with any other. Though, a warrior she was not. At least not in the common definition of the word.

"Siobhan, Hevana ... I have this feeling, that I need to return to the beginning, to where all this pain started. I need to go to Tatooine, to where I was torture to find perhaps any leftover clue after all this time that may help what spreads beneath my skin, what is making me .. ill." She had hesitated on the last word not wanting to say it was killing her. "I can't stay behind. I won't. Not when likely I'll be the only one at that compound that will recognize the substance that did this to me in the first place. The Mandalorians have agreed to go, Iron, I am more than certain, and Siobhan I know I don't have to ask."

Without letting a word be spoken from the others in the room she knew there would be protest, "Before anyone starts, I, yes, may be getting weaker but the very last thing I'm going to do is lay in this bed and wait for it to get even worse, or the worst comes to pass." She sighed heavily, "I'd rather die trying to fight this alongside the greatest warriors and my closest friends. I need to do this. And I will not be deterred from it in anyway. I must follow this to the end. To whatever end it happens to be. This I know will not be easy, returning to that place. But in my life more often than not I've found I must come full circle to find the answers I seek or get what is most needed. And now is one of those times, I can feel it in my bones."

Knowing her health, another healing trace would be in order at the very least. Something that could be done in transit, she didn't need to stay here for that. "I can place myself into a healer's trance on the way, gain strength for it is a long way to the outer rim, a long way to Tatooine." For once her voice didn't quiver in fear at the name, but she did however feel uneasy. "None of this is going to be easy for any of us, and as I said before I have to do this, so please don't argue against me. This may be the only shot we have at finding a cure."

Looking up, she'd already made up her mind. Like it or not, she was going to go to Tatooine. "I don't have the luxury of time so we made need to move soon. We cannot linger here any longer." Coryth said with a voice that commanded. One, Hevana would know she rarely ever used. A tone so firm, hardened, and words that were not idle and would not be bent. There was a time to leave, and a time to wait. Waiting was over, Coryth impatient as ever, even if she was approaching her thirtieth birthday. "I just need some clothes from the pack I brought with me, Jedi robes after all these years do not feel right on my skin, while thankful that they took away the ones covered in that evil, I need to change and we need to inform the others of the plan. No more waiting. If they are ready, then it is time." She said just as firmly as before as she shifted out of the hover chair, and took her first step to move to get her bag. Other than a little shakier, and a little tired seeming for what she'd been through in the past twenty-four hours, all considered it was better than to be expected. But Coryth, was far from average and a lot stranger than anyone ever gave her credit for.

As she headed for the door, to find her original room where her personal effects had been left in all the chaos, the whisperings started again. A grimace across her face as a spike of pain raced through her mind was the only outward sign of what was happening within. "I'm coming to find you and I will find you, to help you. The cure you need isn't so far away, it's closer. Let me help you ..." How much the box spoke to her was starting to get to her, nothing was feeling right and it felt much like a noose slowly squeezing in on her mind. The pressure growing and with it more headaches came. More and more Coryth was beginning to believe this was not something that could help her but perhaps a trap to draw her in, yanking at her, trying to twist her mind. It had been so subtle before but the power was growing stronger, and her body didn't have the strength to hold it off completely. Giving pause at the door the woman leaned against the door-frame for a moment to regain her senses.

"I never caught your names," She said of Verz and Arla. "I know this is very short notice, very. But we will need to leave soon. Very soon, as I'm afraid my clock is ticking away and I don't know how long I have exactly, the sooner I can get answers, the better the chances I have of getting ahead of this and with great luck making it through. As soon as I find my own bag and clothing, I'd like to speak with the whole of the group, all of those who have volunteered to come. To explain the plan, and what might be encountered when we go back to the compound I was held in. Could you let Ordo know for me?" She only waited by the door to see what Siobhan and Hevana would have to say but otherwise, she wanted to get going. The sooner they left this place the better, in her heart she knew that. It was just a matter of making sure the others knew and understood the urgency.

@[member="Ordo"] @[member="Arla Balor"] @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] @[member="Hevana Martin"] @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] @[member="HK-36"] @[member="Rianna Organa"]

@[member="Coryth Elaris"] @[member="Ordo"] @[member="Arla Balor"] @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] @[member="Hevana Martin"] @[member="HK-36"] @[member="Rianna Organa"]

Verz was glad to help Coryth out with her ailment. He owed the Jedi a favor anyway, as Ben Watts had helped him not once, but twice. He had taught him to better defend against Sith with his beskad and had saved him when a roof was dropped on his head at the Battle of Mandalore.
"Don't worry Master Jedi. We will find the cure for this dark magic. We can all take the Noamd. It's quick and we have p plenty of space for evrybody. We'll be at Tatooine within three weeks, depending on the space conditions. Since you asked, my name is Verz Horak, and this here is my close friend Arla Balor."

@[member="Ordo"]

Rianna was trying to figure out what was wrong with Doc and why he seemed to hysterical, she ordered a mild sedative for him very mild as they were still working on his other injuries. She wanted to make sure he wasn't becoming emotionally unglued.

She turned and nearly walked right into Ord'ika. What did she make of things, she knew he didn't refer to Doc, but to Coryth, "I'm unsure really, though others on the Council seem quite certain that she is not a danger, but in danger." Rianna knew what the others had shared, and yes she would always agree that anyone they could help they should help.

"You're, or you and your friends are going to take her to Tatooine aren't you?" She knew the answer, how could they not help. She would be disappointed if he said no, but he wouldn't. "You will becareful right, and you'll be sure to come back to me." She wasn't asking really, she was stating as if to reassure herself.

@[member="Verz Horak"] @[member="Coryth Elaris"]

Arla heard her name, and immediately perked up shoving off from the wall that she had been unceremoniously holding up she went to Verz's side, "Hello Master Jedi, I know a little about Tatooine I was raised there so perhaps I can help" and if there was time she'd check her secret hiding place just in case.

She was glad that Verz had called her over, she had felt a bit like a wall flower listening as the planners movers and shakers made their plans. Arla paid no attention to Ord'ika and his friend leaving she figured it was just a couples thing, or something. Though that guy Doc sure had left a strong impression.

Hevana Martin

Hair-triggered Super Soldier
"Sorry!" Hevana said loosening her hug. Realizing it was probably difficult for Coryth to address the gathered through Hevana's body, she shifted so she was behind the chair. Her arms remained draped protectively around Coryth, as if she was daring someone to try and hurt the red head so the soldier could rip their head off personally.

It was only when Coryth stood that she released her grip. However she remained beside, and slightly behind, her constantly. Ready to help her if her legs gave out, or punch anyone that needed punching.

Listening to the Jedi's plan, Hevana was not exactly excited. However she trusted Coryth completely, so if she said she needed to do this then Hevana trusted that to be true. "I won't lie and say I think this is a great idea love, but I will do whatever I can to help you. Whether that requires a blaster, or just holding your hand when you need comfort. I know its not much, but since I can't do any of the mystical stuff its the best I can offer."

"Thank you Verz," Really until that moment she hadn't thought about how they were to get there, just that they needed to, "I'd much appreciate the transportation, all of this really. I .. don't have a ship of my own and anything on my end would be rented or some such. Three weeks is quick as it can be really. I appreciate such kindness, more than I can express." She said to him before turning to Arla.

"Arla, it's a pleasure." A small smile showed through. "Your knowledge may come in handy, having to work off memories over a decade old, isn't always the best, so I'll take any help I can get. I'm honored to have you coming with us."

Then she turned to Hevana, "I don't like the idea any more than you do, believe me. But it's the only clue we really have." She couldn;t help but smile a little more, "It's more than enough, my dear. More than enough."

Stepping slowly from the room, Coryth wandered to where she was first brought in, her small bag laying on the floor never moved from where it had been dropped. Finding a little privacy, she changed into a different set of clothes and out of the Jedi robes. Nothing fancy, a plain white tank top which did little to hide her scars, and a pair of light tan pants tailored to fit her diminutive height. Returning slowly she waved for Ordo to return to them, but did nothing more to interrupt him and Rihanna.

Stepping back inside her room with the others, her saber now in it's proper place upon her thigh. "I suppose we'll wait for Ordo to return and go over what I have for a plan. The compound is abandoned most likely, but I know of a few traps that might still be there to prevent people from poking around. The sith who did this work to me, is dead, but there is always a chance that another one could have laid down roots in the place." She prayed that was not the case.

"Three weeks travel gives me more than enough time to work through several healing trances and get my body into order, to give me plenty of strength for what lies ahead. If all of you here are ready to go, the better. There is nothing keeping me here other than a warning that I need more rest and to be watched, but that is not enough for me to stay."

@[member="Ordo"] @[member="Arla Balor"] @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] @[member="Hevana Martin"] @[member="HK-36"] @[member="Rianna Organa"] @[member="Verz Horak"]

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
@[member="Coryth Elaris"] @[member="Verz Horak"] @[member="Rianna Organa"] @[member="Hevana Martin"] @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] @[member="Arla Balor"] @[member="Ordo"]

HK nodded, stepping around the bed to offer his hand to Coryth and help her move around the room, he glance to Verz slightly,
"I also know an experienced spacer who could transport us discreetly through Confederate territory to Tatooine, however, if you believe your ship will be able to handle getting us to planetside then I have faith in it as well, Mandalore."
He looked to Coryth briefly to make sure she got out of the room alright
"However, I will still have to call the spacer to meet us either here before we leave or along the way, I need to summon my other vessels and equipment to prepare for combat."

When Coryth was out of the room, HK took the time to send out a short message with his datapad, he continued on once she has spoken her portion, acknowledging her with a nod.
"I can also order a portion of my personal armory from Abregado-Rae to be brought to us, old jewels and useful trinkets I accumulated and replicated over the years, all of them useful in combat against the Sith and other Force Users. I found that when it comes to Force Users it is always good to have something up one's sleeve."
He looked to Coryth once more
"During the travel I can also quiz you on our lessons, see how much of my advices you have retained and check if there is anything else I can help you to improve on."
And now he looked to others
"Of course, my services are offered to all of you gathered here as well, and we all should exchange notes on how dealing with Sith and their evil tricks, if we will be dealing with something that can create such powerful poisons then we need all the preparations we can muster."

@[member="Rianna Organa"] @[member="Coryth Elaris"]

Ordo looked down at Rianna and gave her a sad smile. "Would I be the man you love if I didn't help the girl?" He said.

Maybe he could have walked away and tucked away somewhere with Rianna but he had been asked for help and it just wasn't his nature to be cruel. Well at least not if he didn't have to be.

"I'll be careful." He said placing his hands on her shoulders. "I'll message you everyday at the least ok?" He looked back and saw them waiting on him. "I better see what they need before they get antsy."

He hated going so soon. He would have liked to stay for a few months or at least a couple of days but then yhe galaxy rarely did what it was told.

O

@[member="Ordo"], @[member="Coryth Elaris"], @[member="Hevana Martin"], @[member="HK-36"], @[member="Verz Horak"]

Siobhan was far from enthusiastic about the plan, but nodded. More to the point it was something to do. If they ventured to Tatooine, planet of special snowflake escaped slaves and with lots of sand, which was coarse and got everywhere, and got into trouble, that was something she could help with - by breaking the bones of whoever got in their way. Coryth had saved her life twice and Siobhan knew what it felt like to have something dark trying to take you over, festering from the inside. For a moment the idea hit her that this dark infection might have taken a different form now, manipulating her in some way, leading her into a trap.

Once again she found herself reminded of Shadow and the methods he had used; planting a thought into your mind, pulling your strings while making you believe that you were in control. She forced the thought aside, though it remained with her, but then that would be even more reason for her to go along and help where she could. She should probably also change attire, going to the desert planet in a suit was tremendously ill-advised. "Thanks, it's very appreciated," she spoke to HK and Verz with genuine sincerity. "Haven't dealt with Sith poisons before. Just a couple cases of Sith spirit possession," she said without elaborating further. "Can make my armoury on Kaeshana available though. Got no artefacts, but plenty of Sith killing tools. So I'm game, don't have to ask me to come."

"You would not" She smiled again putting on her best face. She watched him walk away it got harder to do but they each had to live according to their code. Neither of them would deny a plea for help. Ever. It was something that bound them together .

"Everyday?" She teased. She would be happy with whatever day but she had grown so fond of him, he'll she was in love with him, that losing him would be dangerous. She took a deep breath. Work. Yes work. But. Before he left she pulled him back for one small kiss. Just in case. One never knew what tomorrow would bring. One kiss. She let go.

@[member="Ordo"]

"I appreciate it Iron." Something told her the extra firepower and help would be needed. Her unease about it all seemed to be growing but it couldn't be helped. It wouldn't surprise her in the least to find that things were not all that different than when she was rescued so many years ago. A thought that worried her more than she was willing to admit.

"And I could not agree more upon the Sith. Knowledge is power, and right now strength, power and hope are what is needed most." She said with a glance to HK.

With Ordo's return she gave a bow of her head ever so respectful but mostly thankful to him. "My apologies for taking you all away from your plans. I hate to do so, and would not ever ask if it were not most urgent. My gratitude is something I cannot even find enough words to express that you would all drop your lives to help me, without hardly a question." Her eyes dropped to the floor for a moment before she looked to the group surrounding her. In a way she felt bad to be doing so, but sometimes this was the way the galaxy worked. Unfortunately for the redhead there was no options left in her hands, no cards left to play but this one.

A sigh came, "The plan is rather simple, but the compound we are looking to enter, I know when I was rescued many traps were in place, and likely still are as the Sith still used the place on and off for many years after my rescue. So I expect some to still be there even if the sands of time have worn the building down and torn it to ruin."

She ran a hand through her hair thinking. "Right now, I trust my gut and my heart which both tell me this is where we need to go for what could be the only clue we'll ever get. I still have the schematics of the place from when the Jedi saved me." Reaching up she removed an earring from her ear, and popped a small crystal out. A data crystal where she had stored things that she thought might be important in the future.

That building, while she hated the idea, she had seen a vision of her return to it, so the data was kept instead of tossed. "I kept a few files from the years I've wandered the galaxy that I thought someday might be useful and it's here among many others. Which we can study along the journey, as I have a feeling that we may need to know them well." Closing her eyes tightly, it was clear the memories still pained her. No part of her wanted to go back, none. However, she knew she must. The force, the light side of it was pulling her there and could feel it.

Coryth listened as Siobhan spoke briefly, she could feel there was more to that story than her old friend was saying but right now wasn't the time to pry, but a look of understanding crossed her face as she looked to her friend then back to the group. She smiled a little at her last words. "I wouldn't have it any other way, whatever you've got, there is no telling what we'll need. Or what the monster left behind for his guests." The more she thought about it, the more she wanted out, but no choice. There was no going back now, not when her instincts told her this was the place they needed to go.

"Right now, and it must be done as quick as possible, is gather what we need. What we believe we need, keeping in mind that knowing this particular Sith, has a way of popping up again, and again ... We need to be prepared as if he was still alive. Honestly, there is no telling what will be encountered."

Her eyes dropped away to the floor, "And Sith Poison .. I've only seen a single case. It's not like any venom you know. It doesn't act like that. It behaves like a disease, a corruption that lives within. Over time depending on the properties it decreases the victims will to resist the pull of the darkside. The case I saw was fast, and I was quite young, still here at the temple learning, just a teen." The memories were not pleasant either, Coryth sadly had seen far too much in her years and her eyes said it all. "He .. wasn't able to be saved, and in the end the darkness consumed him." That was not a story she wished to finish telling, not when the young man had to be killed.

Blinking a few times she pushed the thoughts away, knowing she needed to focus on the positive. "It's taken over a decade to even manifest in me beyond wounds that would not heal when I was first brought back. Almost a year before they sealed over. So with that, there is hope that this will be slower. Especially since we've pushed it back once. But we can't take that as fact. Hence why I seem in a rush, as I don't know how much time was bought. And have no idea what lies ahead of us."

She finally looked up facing all of them, "My only hope is that we may find a container remaining with a trace of what did this to me there."

There was only a couple things left to say. "How much time do we need to get ready, and put this all together? And does anyone have questions to ask because the time is now. Otherwise if possible, we need to move quickly, the sooner the better." In truth she just wanted to be on a ship and be on the way now. But, she doubted that was possible, hoped, but doubted.

@[member="Ordo"] @[member="Arla Balor"] @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] @[member="Hevana Martin"] @[member="HK-36"] @[member="Rianna Organa"] @[member="Verz Horak"]

Examining the item in her ship, Circe sighed. The object in question appeared to be a holocron, mounted on some sort of crystalline pedestal. On one hand, the object appeared at first glance to be a Jedi holocron, due to the cuboid shape. However, the coloration, combined with a distinct Dark Side aura emitting from it, made her raise an eyebrow as she looked the device over. Shrugging, she focused with the Force on it, attempting to access the device the same way all standard holocrons were accessed. But all she received in response was a feeling of pain and suffering. Corruption.

"So it isn't a holocron. No records to indicate any devices like this one. I suppose I'll keep it until I can find more information out about it.

@[member="Coryth Elaris"]

@[member="Coryth Elaris"]

Ordo nodded and checked his Chrono.

"We can be ready fairly soon i think but what about logistics. We can't all sleep on Ordo's cot." He said pointing out the obvious.

They were a large group and would need a big freighter or transport to carry them all. He waited for everyone else to jump in and make the rest of the plans he was going to help the girl not be the boss. He just wanted to be useful, and then come back and see Rianna for a while longer.

@[member="Ordo"] @[member="Arla Balor"] @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] @[member="Hevana Martin"] @[member="HK-36"] @[member="Verz Horak"]

Coryth looked to Ordo, "No, we can't. However Verz, yes, offered use of his ship, correct?" It wasn't so much a question as just confirming what she had been told. "Weaponry from Iron, and Siobhan, is being made available and someway I'll reimburse you all for your costs."

"And honestly, give me a closet, or a crate and a blanket, I'll survive. Believe me when I say I've slept in and on worse." And no that had nothing to do with anything of a sexual nature. She looked to Hevana, Siobhan, and HK-36. Knowing at least the first two were like her and could sleep anywhere if they had to. HK, she wasn't sure about, droids and what sleep was for them. Josh was still around listening, and was likely the same as the rest of the Jedi, former or otherwise in the room, been through worse, slept through worse.

"I'm sure we can make do, otherwise, as much as I'd hate to. Much as I hate flying and ships," She shuddered noticeably, recalling too many bad memories on board star ships. "Something bigger could be rented. Just someone else is going to have to fly unless you all have a serious death wish. The credits are there for a rental, just want to sneak by Confederate space quietly and get done what is needed and be gone before someone notices or too much trouble is to be had."

@[member="Coryth Elaris"] @[member="Ordo"] @[member="Arla Balor"]

"While we cannot, as Ordo pointed out, all sleep on his cot, the Nomad is capable of holding 25 passengers. That should be plenty of room for everyone. As for the Confederates, Master Jedi, I have a friend I can call if anything should happen. He's an old war buddy and he's got some clout with them, and he wouldn't mind helping me out of a bind."

@[member="Coryth Elaris"], @[member="Verz Horak"], @[member="Ordo"]

"If the Feds make trouble, it wouldn't be the first time I ionised plenty of hostile droids. Or threw their ships around," Siobhan spoke. "You don't have to reimburse me for anything, Coryth. You're my friend and I can make credits available. Might as well put them to good use for a change." It was not like she was strapped for cash, after all and a bolter here and there could be spared from her armoury.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom