Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public When the Cards All Fold (Kaeshana/Invite)

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
@[member="Ordo"] @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] @[member="Verz Horak"] @[member="Coryth Elaris"] @[member="Rianna Organa"] @[member="Hevana Martin"]
"The Spacer I will be summoning flies what he calls a Space Hotel, it is a ghost-ship Munificent Frigate, there would be enough space there to let Verz's ship board as well as all of us, and we will still have room to sleep, train, and discuss our plans in peace. The only thing to keep in mind is he can be careless at times, but he should be able to ferry us into the Confederate space unnoticed, he often crosses into their territory to transport refugees and other spacers."
He would look to Verz
"Once we are all ready and nearby Tatooine we can touch down on sir Verz's ship, not weighted down by all the unnecessary equipment."
Then he would slightly put his hand up to Siobhan
"And please, go easy on ionization, do not make me start using that gas that just vaporizes organics in one shot."

@[member="Verz Horak"] @[member="Coryth Elaris"] @[member="Ordo"] @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

It had just been the three of them for so long now, Arla was thinking about what it would be like to have others, "we might want to get some other supplies, and will the Master Jedi require medical attention while we are traveling?" Arla was not entirely sure of what was wrong with the Jedi that she was in here, even though others around her seemed quite certain of it all.

"I can order some stuff to have put on ship" Yes she could, she wanted to be helpful.

@[member="Ordo"] @[member="Arla Balor"] @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] @[member="Hevana Martin"] @[member="HK-36"] @[member="Verz Horak"]

Coryth bowed her head deeply to Verz, "Thank you, and your friend my just come in handy should things go awry. And something about me, trouble seems to follow, it's possible something could happen on Tatoonie that gets us into trouble with them. I've no promises of what's going to happen. There are too many unknowns and too many things I cannot predict, just like the state of the compound or guarantee anything. Nothing is for sure."

"And Sio, I know I may not need to with you, but for the rest here I feel an obligation, a duty to which I intend to honor, to repay what is being done for me." Quite serious before she chuckled at Siobhan and HK, "For the sake of all of us, let's hope it's not an issue. However, it's the being element I worry of. What could happen from their side that we've no power over. I don't want to harm lives. I don't want anyone to have to die for this. I just want to get in and out and on with life." Though it wasn't quite that simple, the group of them more than had the firepower and skill level to handle anything that could come at them.

Once more her focus changed to the Iron Knight. "That may be the very type of help required that would allow us all to meet up with the supplies somewhere in the middle, on safe ground without having to lose time."

Arla got her attention. Medical attention was something Coryth couldn't avoid. She knew sleeping long hours, healing trances and being out of it would put her in a place needing IV nutrition to sustain her for the long term. "As much as I don't want to say it, Arla, yes I'll need medical treatment. Mostly IV nutrition of some type, fluids. Long trances, long sleep periods, it all will have me out for days. So simply, yes treatment will be needed. But it's not too complex, and perhaps extra wound coverings and bacta should the scars break again I cannot completely seal them alone, without I'd be running around with a serious risk of infection." She half smiled, though a sad one. "Things could happen, it's best to be prepared for anything. Thank you. I'm glad you brought it up, because it had slipped my mind."

She paused for a long moment, "And please, just call me Coryth, I've no need for the title. It's only but a word. I'd rather let my actions speak for me. Not a title."

Then a final sigh, "Can we do this quickly and put it all together fast?" Itching to leave without a doubt, and who could really blame her with so many unanswered questions, with such danger that she sat in at every moment of the day. "I just can't wait much longer. I fear for what will happen the longer we delay. So if at all possible, if we could move today, or in the morning ... I think it best. If such is even possible." Her eyes glanced to the group around her, hoping for a miracle of miracles. Even Tatooine was a long shot, but a chance she had to take.

HK-36

@[member="Ordo"] @[member="Coryth Elaris"] @[member="Verz Horak"] @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] @[member="Arla Balor"] @[member="Hevana Martin"] @[member="Rianna Organa"]
He would nod to Coryth, looking to Verz as he did some internal calculations
"The fastest way to Tatooine would be to cram what we can aboard Verz's ship right now and meet my friend Sammo out in space, then board him and get more comfortable as we make our way to Tatooine. We could always wait for him to get here first if we would have too much to move by mister Verz's ship."
He nodded to Verz
"Do you think your ship would be able to handle what we have right now? I believe we do not need to sleep aboard it, it will not take that long to rendezvous with Sammo, just carry what we can right now and ourselves."
He would look to others,
"Either way, I am ready, and willing, to go with miss Cory and any of you to whatever extend of Chaos we will be dragged in."
He would put out then his old mechanical hand, his palm facing downwards, he tried to start one of those cheesy "hands in" moments,
"So what should we call ourselves? Team Cory, Galactic Eighth, or Stacks of Fire?"
One of those was totally going on t-shirts by the end of the day

@[member="Arla Balor"] @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] @[member="Hevana Martin"] @[member="HK-36"] @[member="Verz Horak"] @[member="Coryth Elaris"]

Ordo's datapad was in hand quickly. He was used to being on the go. He had a list of suppliers for nearly everyrhing he could need.

"Arl'ika I'll send you a list of medical suppliers now that should get us set up fast. The ship should be refueled by now and restocked. I would reckon on us being able to leave today." He looked at Rianna. "Tomorrow if we decide to wait.

He sent a few request quickly.

"If no one needs me I'll start getting the ship ready for everyone."

@[member="Ordo"] @[member="Arla Balor"] @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] @[member="Hevana Martin"] @[member="HK-36"] @[member="Verz Horak"]

Coryth listened patiently to HK, "It would be ideal if we can do so. Given the passenger size of his ship, I am sure we can fit what we need. It's not like we are blowing the place to kingdom come. Just breaching, looking around, defeating traps and who knows what else, and leaving."

A sigh followed, "Thank you, Iron. I'm glad you'll be coming along." A smile and a chuckle came with as he spoke of what they should call themselves. "You've always got a way of bring out a smile in the worst of times, something I greatly appreciate about you."

Her eyes moved to Ordo again, watching as he worked on it for a moment. A frown came as he asked about leaving or waiting til morning. She could feel something between Rianna and him, but the extent she wasn't sure and wasn't about to dare go digging around in another's mind to find out something so private and that had nothing to do with her. "I hate the idea of sweeping you all away so fast, but with a long trip ahead I'd like to get going today. If it's not possible, then it's not but if we can, I feel that is in our best interests."

She tried to smile for him, his willingness to help her had lifted her spirits, all of them standing in the room had done that, just by offering help, flowers and comforts, all of it reminded her of what she had to live for, and in that was a budding hope returning.

"Ordo, I can't see anything else for you to do here. There really isn't too much anyone can do from here, so go on ahead. Get things ready for us." Reaching out she laid her hand on his lightly, "And thank you, for everything." Then withdrew just as quickly, a symbol of her gratitude and thanks, and nothing more.

Something was happening elsewhere, closing her eyes tightly the pain in her mind worsened. Just a grimace at first the only sign of her pain, then both hands reached up clutching at it as she leaned forward, her head between her knees. She could feel it, somewhere, the box... Someone had it, and was trying to play with it. Then words only she could hear followed. You need me dear girl, I can help you. You know it, can feel it in your bones. Looking for scraps when no one else has the answers. Someone holds me now, evil ... An image crossed her mind, one not all that unfamiliar. The pain growing to the point Coryth wanted to scream, but only shook before it finally eased off a little. The image of Circe Savan, one that Coryth had a vision of some time ago, and not someone she wished to ever get involved with but sadly it seemed that just might happen before all of it was over. Breathing heavily, Coryth leaned up, the headaches were clearly getting worse, and beyond her control. With what was happening in her body, the healer just tied them to stress and nothing more. "Just as long as I can get to a bed soon and lay down to rest. My head is killing me."
____________________________________________________________​
@[member="Circe Savan"]​
The box in Circe's hand seemed unresponsive for a long time. But soon Circe would hear a voice, a voice not to be ignored. You will listen to me, and do as I command, for you are nothing but a fly on the wall and can be destroyed in a heartbeat, while you couldn't harm me if you tried. I, something beyond your understanding.You are to find a woman, tiny, flaming red hair. A Jedi, Coryth. I need her, as she needs me.The Jedi needs help and only I her salvation.Though she does not understand this yet, she will. You will find her, if you wish to remain alive. The way the voice spoke, the power that hung in the air in the cockpit with Circe all told of what could happen if she should not obey.

In Umbris Potestas Est
Pausing, Circe looked the box over. She heard what it said clearly and concisely, a growl crossed her lips as she spoke specifically to the device. You will listen to me, box. You have no sentience and no dominion over me and my flesh. I could send you into a sun and no one would notice. Your words are meaningless, for I control your fate. I've seen this Coryth woman before. You don't need to describe her to me. But it just so happens that the Chancellor of the Republic has a warrant out on me. Should I attempt to find her, I will die anyways, while you get what you want. Surely you don't think me that foolish, do you, gatemaster? She'll get you. But she and the Jedi will be coming to me. Her own voice spoke with a hatred and antagonism towards the Jedi that had yet to be quenched. Every time she so much as stepped foot, even in disguise, on Republic territory, the horde of Jedi were there. She'd be damned if such a thing would happen again, especially if the artifact she held was so truly important.

However, I suppose I can assist you. We'll be traveling to Tarhassan, as close to Pub space as I feel comfortable going to. Feel free to give the Jedi or anyone else the indication that you'll be there.

Circe herself intended to perform a ritual on the device. She would be walking into the lion's den, and for her continued survival, she needed some sort of leverage. By binding the device's activation to her unique Force signature, she would need to be alive in order for the device to be operated.

@[member="Coryth Elaris"]

@[member="Coryth Elaris"] @[member="Arla Balor"] @[member="HK-36"] @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] @[member="Ordo"] @[member="Rianna Organa"]

"Well, Coryth, my ship is ready to go, but we just need the medical supplies loaded. Then we can meet up with HK's spacer friend and head to Tatooine. It should be easy enough to get the supplies. We could borrow them from the Temple, if the healers would allow it. Then we could leave whenever you are ready."

This was certainly shaping up to be an interesting visit to the Temple. But it was no big deal to help. Verz knew he would want people to help him, were he in a similar situation. Verz wondered for a moment why he and Arla and Ordo had arrived here today. Was it fate, coincidence, or the Force? They would likely never know, but it was still a strange thing to ponder.

@[member="Ordo"] @[member="Arla Balor"] @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] @[member="Hevana Martin"] @[member="HK-36"] @[member="Verz Horak"] @[member="Rianna Organa"]

Coryth nodded slowly, "As am I. I know the medical supplies will take a little bit, a few hours maybe but I'd rather not borrow from the temple if I don't have to. They get enough patients to worry about without having to worry on stocking a ship for me. They've already done enough as it is, I cannot rightfully ask for anymore." Stubborn, and a pain, as always. It was just her way, even if it would take a little more time, there would be no way she'd take from the temple unless they volunteered the supplies. Otherwise, there were many other more needy patients than she.

"If anything it will give me time to get comfortable and rest a little before the journey begins." She managed a slight hint of a smile, but not one that followed through to her eyes. The pain in her mind starting to get at her and really dig in. "If you don't mind Verz, could you lead the way to your ship? Just show me to a bed from there and I'll be happy. I'm just more than thankful that all three of you happened upon the temple this day." Every feeling in the force told her this was no coincidence at all. This was destiny that the force had saw them all together in the same place at the same time. It went for all of them in the room. This many people, was just impossible to be mere happenstance.

"I'm not useful for much else at this point, I'm afraid." Reaching down she picked up the tiny data-crystal, "I'll make sure everyone has blueprint copies so we know something of what we are about to walk into." A mess and then some I fear... Much worry the Master Jedi held in her expression as she slowly, carefully stood, to allow him to lead the way, the rest sure to follow with her.

_________________________________________________​
@[member="Circe Savan"]​
A certain joy radiated through the box, seemingly alive in its own way. Control my fate? How is it that you believe I came to your hands? You only believe you have control over me. The Mystical Energies of the Universe have a way of tangling and pulling till order is found. A connection, though slight with the redheaded Jedi you have. You were chosen, for this reason. This strand of connection, and the power you hold, nothing more.

Darkness soon swept through the cockpit once more. Do not be such a fool to believe you know all there is to know of the galaxy. While she may be in what you call the Republic now, do you believe her so foolish to stay when she is dying? Believe her willing to take that laying in a bed hoping for salvation to come to her? Powerful master that she is... Do you really believe that? Never one for inaction, was she. For I've held great interest in her throughout her life. Even dying she risks all on a single journey, not knowing .. lost. Losing time. Foolish.

A scoff heard, She chases strands of the past, in hopes that it will save her, in a place so evil, tainted with pure darkness just for a scrap. A prayer on the winds that will not be heard. What ails her, only I can mend. Day by day she has grown weaker, the Master Jedi needs what only I can give. I, her only salvation. You are right about one thing, she will come to me. While resisting the visions now, she will come 'round to the truth.

A giddiness came about, felt through the air, I sense much hatred for the Jedi as a whole, but I feel you desire greatly to help this one. How odd... Death for the other Jedi can be arranged if you truly desire. I only want her, to help her. Just as you do. She travels with a company of humans, a single Jedi with them, one Darksider and a few others. But they interest me not, only the redhead.

A darker more serious tone returned, but not nearly as demanding. If you are so inclined to help, are you really willing to let her die through inaction? After all I'm just a non sentient object. If such is true, then I cannot reach her, not alone. Contact .. it's not so simple as using a com. She cannot be reached. At least not in her waking hours, when she guards her mind so tightly. You've seen her, yes? Know of her power, what she hides? Only in her dreams can her mind be reached.

@[member="Coryth Elaris"], @[member="Verz Horak"], @[member="Ordo"], @[member="Hevana Martin"], @[member="HK-36"]

Coryth was just too stubborn for her own good but Siobhan had long learned not to argue with her about that. As much as she liked to live on the edge and her penchant for pissing off redheads might make her come across as being suicidal and nurturing a death wish or something. As for fate or the will of the Force, the former Exarch did not believe in either, but then she lacked mystical inclinations and pretty much used the Force as a can opener. But then she would in all likelihood never know anyway, not that she minded either way.

"You're not useless, Coryth, don't think that," she said softly, giving the redhead's hand a slight squeeze. "Well, I'm ready to get going and leave when you are." As Coryth moved to stand Siobhan was quickly by her side, ready to help if needed should the redhead be unable to make it alone, carry her if needed, though for now she seemed stable on her feet.

@Siobhan Kerrigan @Hevana Martin @HK-36 @Verz Horak @Coryth Elaris @[member="Ordo"]

Arla could only nod right now as she listened, and took out her own data pad to know who the suppliers were, but of course he had some they had said he had helped built this place so he probably knew a few suppliers. "Ord'ika, Verz'ika, I'll get on this and meet everyone at the ship" It was good for have something to do. Arla smiled and nodded not sure why she looked to Verz for a moment, and then headed out on her task.

Whatever had brought them here worked in their favor.

In Umbris Potestas Est
@[member="Coryth Elaris"].

And for the time being, those 'mystical energies' have given me possession of and control over you. See, here's my big issue, cube. It's not so much the Jedi I'm worrying about. I expect Coryth to keep them in line, regardless of her help. But the Omega Protectorate members were the ones who caused me trouble. They mentally raped me, scalped my original body, and likely are responsible for my death. I have absolutely zero trust in the Omegans to listen and not attempt to kill me. If I did, I'd be far more willing to simply meet with Coryth somewhere and allow you to do your work to her, to cure her from whatever's ailing her. But unfortunately, I'm not, and that's the way it goes. And I need to make sure that the Omegans can't access you and use you if I'm dead. My control over you is the only leverage I have over them that keeps them from simply vaporizing me on sight.

I believe she will come to me, Cubert. Heh... That's your official name from now on. Cubert. You do have a form of intelligence, after all, even if it isn't truly sentient. I'm counting on her coming to me. I have had plans and desires for what to do with her for some time now. I can only hope that this time, they'll come to fruition. It will likely drive her mad until she comes to you for assistance... Though if I may ask - what are you exactly? Your appearance suggests that you're some sort of modified holocron, presumably of a Sith who's had contact with Coryth before.

I have Jedi that I've befriended and shown my cordial nature to before. Some responded well to it, such as @[member="Rasu Gan"]. She was a test subject for a skin rejuvenator, and she and I had dinner after we proved that it worked. The same goes for Sanna Legra, whom I helped retrieve from a failing stasis casket. I don't have hatred for all Jedi - merely specific ones. The same as I have hatred for specific Sith. If I have ever had almost universal hatred towards members of a faction, it's been the Omega Protectorate. They killed me, and I will never be able to peacefully rest until I've at least tortured and at most killed the one responsible for my abuse. The same as I killed the last abuser I had...

I have never seen her in person. Though considering you're the one who so desperately wishes to link with her, how would you suggest I inform her? Speak to her dreams? Send her a holomessage or a datapad message? Personally meet with her and tell her I have something verified to heal what ails her? Do enlighten me, Cubert.

This was turning out to be a good conversation, even if she was talking through the Force with a modified holocron.

Hevana Martin

Hair-triggered Super Soldier
"I have some military first aid training, so I can at least assist with some of the medical stuff," Hevana offered. She was by no means a doctor, and would never be a tenth as good a healer as Coryth, but if she could help in anyway it would make her feel better. When a person was only good at death and destruction, it made things hard when the person they cared most about needed someone capable of the opposite.

At least it seemed they had a plan, or the start of a plan. Enough to get them to the planet they needed, and after that... Hevana doubted anyone except a prophet (like Coryth) could know what might happen.

As the group prepared the leave, she moved close to the redheaded Jedi and whispered in her ear. "So since I'm following you around, does that make me trouble?" The twinkle in her eye would tell her love that she was joking, a pitiful attempt to cheer her up. Anything to take Coryth's mind off whatever horrors awaited them among the endless sands.

@[member="Ordo"] @[member="Arla Balor"] @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] @[member="HK-36"] @[member="Verz Horak"] @[member="Rianna Organa"]

@[member="Ordo"] @[member="Arla Balor"] @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] @[member="Hevana Martin"] @[member="HK-36"] @[member="Verz Horak"] @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

The simple whisper Coryth chuckled at. "Maybe you are." Her voice kept low. Keeping her spirits up, was more than needed in this situation and then some. Her friends doing a good job of it.

Coryth let the others lead her along the way to the ship, showing her to the space that would be her home for a little while, though brief. Medical supplies, Coryth had only asked for one IV and a bag of fluids, and kit to insert it before walking from the healing halls. Basic, and all she would dare borrow from the temple. It would last until more supplies could be gotten and brought to the ship. Right now it was what she needed meantime.

Once on-board the ship and in her room, she took the IV and carefully started to lay things out prepping the IV with ease, showing years of practice as she hung it on a little hook above the bed. Josh had followed along with her, rather quiet for most of the planning stages, but she could not blame him. He didn't know the situation like she did.

Hevana had hardly left her side, neither had Siobhan, both ready to catch her should she fall, but thankfully it seemed today the little redhead's strength was much better. At least it was for now. With Siobhan, she looked up and pressed the data crystal into her hand, "Make sure everyone has a copy of the compound on the crystal. They'll need it. Better to know it. The traps I remember are marked in red, easy breach points marked in yellow. Though I hope it's mostly been worn away by the sands of time."

She sighed looking down to the actual needle part of the IV kit, not surprising that she didn't like the idea of sticking herself and digging for a vein, but it was ready for that as she started to scrub the back of her hand with a sterilizer. Her eyes moved to any in that particular part of the quarters with her, sighing once more, as she picked up the tourniquet and using her teeth pulled it tight around her wrist. A gloved hand and she carefully searched over her hand and a little of her wrist, the areas already cleaned. "I know this must seem crazy," She said to Josh, neither knew one another at all, and this journey was not bound to be pleasant for anyone. "All of it." Her eyes down looking for a good spot to place the cannula in her hand, it seemed the way she worked it hadn't been the first time she'd done this to herself.

"Walk into the temple dying of some mysterious poison, a mysterious Jedi who's not been seen in at least a decade and then some, and now on the way to the outer rim to try and grasp some small bit of a clue that may not even exist." Even she thought it half insane at the very least. A grimace crossed her face as a stabbing pain struck her hard in her mind, but aside from a wince of pain and her expression Coryth let no more show. Her own bag had pain killers in it which she could use if she had to soon and it just might get to that point. "I am thankful for the assistance, as you Jedi never had to help." They had no obligation to someone who felt so close to the darkside, caught somewhere between light and dark, trapped by the very substance in her skin.

Eyes moved up to Hevana, reaching out she handed her the IV line filled with fluid, "Hold that for a sec, I'll need you to hand it to me once I get the needle out."

HK-36

@[member="Ordo"] @[member="Coryth Elaris"] @[member="Verz Horak"] @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] @[member="Arla Balor"] @[member="Hevana Martin"] @[member="Rianna Organa"]

HK nodded to Coryth as she put her hand on his briefly and then just stared at others as nobody else did so and they began to walk away one by one.
He would slowly raise his hand up as if in a mocking cheer at the awkward situation,
"Yay. Go team Stacks of Fire."
He cheered in monotone.

He looked to Siobhan and others who were by Coryth's side, she wouldn't be alone in this and the droid wasn't sure if she even needed his help at all, but there was still something he had to do.
"Miss Cory, before we go, can I please have a quick word with you alone once we get to the ship? I only need few seconds, in mean time I will depart to send a summoning for my spacer friend and meet my contact on Coruscant."
He nodded a bit, there was still the question of Sarge's disappearance and the promise the droid gave the redhead that he will learn more about it.
"Otherwise, I am all ready to go, I did not bring much of my equipment with me to Coruscant."

He looked to Verz,
"Ex-Mandalore, if you will need to get in touch with me, I will be staying on the same frequency as the one we used during Siege of Keldabe, I hope you still remember it."
He nodded to him before stepping back as they were herded by the Short Stack out of the room,
"I will see you all momentarily."
The droid stepped back, disappearing in the temple's hallways.

And momentarily,
The door to Coryth's room would open as HK was looking through a bag he had, few objects inside jingled as he looked through.
"Well it is not much, but I was able to gain some small-time supplies, couple more tricks are always good up one's sleeve. And the Spacer is on his way, we only need to intercept and board him."
He would look up from his bag to Coryth then,
"May we speak now in private, miss Cory?"
He asked.

Just to note, instead of his usual tunics he wore a T-shirt with words "Team Stacks of Fire" under his robes

The Grandmaster had just nodded off and allowed Coryth to do her thing. He was here to help, and he was happy to. He pitied her as she did her work, but he didn't speak until she suddenly turned to him.

He smiled then. "It's crazy, I'll admit that" he said with a chuckle as he took a seat. "But I've had my share of crazy things in this galaxy. It's all part of my job" he said, smirking. "We're helping because we want to. In my eyes, you're still a Jedi at heart, but Jedi or not, you're still someone in great need. I'd be hard pressed not to assist in some way possible. If being here is the best way to do that... Here I am" he said.

This was an incredibly strange situation, but he was just glad he was able to help Coryth somehow.

@[member="Coryth Elaris"]

@Ordo @Siobhan Kerrigan @HK-36 @Verz Horak @Rianna Organa @[member="Coryth Elaris"]
Ordo's armored body turned sideways as he exited the room and Moved to say his farewells to the Jedi healer who had him so enamored. She meant a lot to him but it was early days yet and he doubted she would want anything to do with him in the long term. He said his farewells but he could tell he was leaving more with her than that and he wasn't sure what he could do about it.

His heavy foot falls rang out loudly as he made his way through the hallowed halls of the Jedi temple toward the Nomad. He put his helmet back on as he walked and checked his chrono. There was enough time to get things set that was for a certainty. he made quick work of the walk to the starport and it was a mere hour before he saw supplies being stationed at the ship's boarding ramp.

"First things first," he said as he walked up the ramp and on to the ship.

He began the ship's warm up cycle and then headed to the galley to make shig and caff. The two drinks were essential to Ordo doing anything more for the day and since he was trying to cut down on his alcohol consumption it was nearly as vital as ship fuel for the sublight drives. He poured a big mug of caff and walked toward the ramp again. He took a sip of the black liquid, pulled off his upper body armor and began carrying crates one by one on to the ship. The thick scars on his body contorted in odd ways as the muscles beneath worked. His back had been tore by the lash his arms and chest by everything from huge teeth and claws, to blaster bolts and slugs. His buy'ce and upper body plates were neat in a pile while his Mug sat beside them. The big man was beginning to break a sweat when a droid approached with more supplies and Ordo sighed. The former farm boy put his hands on his hips and stood bare chested as he looked at the droid.

"You are not my favorite tinnie right now." he said to the droid.

'Your not my favorite organic, right now." the droid said as it stacked the crates and walked away.

Ordo shook his head. His short military cut brown hair had not yet begun to get sweaty but before he was done it would he was sure. He lifted crate after crate, box after box and stowed each one where it was required. The ship would be ready very soon and they could set a course for Tatooine.

Hevana Martin

Hair-triggered Super Soldier
As the group headed to the ship, Hevana grabbed the rest of her gear from her air car. Her armor and missile launcher were the two largest and heaviest pieces of gear, but she also carried a bag filled with magazines, grenades, spare knives, and a number of weapons that had not fit under her clothing. Despite the collective weight, she hardly seemed slowed as she hurried back to Coryth's side, watching every direction for unknown and improbable threats.

Inside the ship she put her gear down inside Coryth's room, ready to sleep on the floor if needed. When handed the IV, she held it carefully ready to give it back when needed. "Okay, let me know when you're ready."

When HK came into the room, Hevana eyed him. She knew of him somewhat from her time in Omega Pyre, though she did not remember having met him in person. If he though she was going to leave Coryth alone with any one, especially a guy (well, male oriented droid-it was all the same to her), he had another thing coming. After having already not been there when the Jedi had nearly died from this sickness, her paranoia was on high alert.

@[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] @[member="HK-36"] @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

@[member="HK-36"], @[member="Hevana Martin"], @[member="Coryth Elaris"], @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

So they had boarded and were about to embark upon their uncertain quest. They had a plan, or rather the basics of it. Siobhan had briefly left the group, flying back to her hotel room to collect her gear, along with making a call to Firemane Headquarters. When she came back she had ditched the business suit and was instead clad as a soldier kitted out for battle; heavy armour, bolters, duffel bag with explosives, spare magazines, and even more weapons. Between her and Hevana, they were probably carrying enough death dealers to outfit an elite paramilitary outfit, but then there was no such thing as overkill, there was only open fire and reload.

The collective weight of the gear did not significantly slow her though. She did not have Hevana's super strength and would probably lose in CQC, but force-enhanced strength and years of military life helped out when it came to carrying the load. Hevana had already put down her gear in Coryth's room when Siobhan passed by, she was not surprised to find the woman there, since whatever might be said about Hevana, she was loyal. Much to Siobhan's disappointment the moments she had seen had been sparse over the years, becoming rare after a skirmish with the Bando Gora early into the war. Then later she had become Exarch and been responsible for governing an elephantine, bureaucratic military machine, which naturally limited the time for old comrades, no matter how estranged that might make one feel.

However, that was neither here nor now. She had made herself useful by copying the data on the data crystal Coryth had given her, so that everyone would have an idea of the compound. Apparently HK had joined Coryth and Hevana in the room as well, from what she knew there was something he wanted to convey to Coryth, though it was not her place to ask.

"Got the map of the compound on it. Make yourself familiar with it," So she simply briefly entered and after giving both a nod passed on two datapads with the compound data. "Easy, Hevana. He's ok. And the room's too nice too get spoiled by a fight," she said to the former Pyre soldier.

@[member="Ordo"] @[member="Arla Balor"] @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] @[member="Hevana Martin"] @[member="HK-36"] @[member="Verz Horak"] @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

At least the flight itself was out of her hands, that she didn't have to worry on. All she had to do was worry about keeping herself alive and healthy enough to lead the way and not let pride get in her way. As it often did. The time to reach for help had been a long while ago and she'd ignored it.

Coryth glanced to HK at the door, "Just let me put this IV in and I'll step out for a moment, but I need both rest and painkillers. Will be a minute or two to get settled with it."

A wave of pity was felt, and Coryth frowned, eyes moving to the Master Jedi beside her for a moment, "Please, do not pity me. There isn't a reason. My life is what is what it is. Sad, sorrowful, but not to be pitied. For I'd not be the woman I am..." She stopped speaking with a grimace as she finally buried the needle into the back of her hand, and after a second or two, she worked it into the vein a little blood spilling as she pulled the needle out, laid it aside.

"Ready," She said to Hevana, Reaching out to her for the IV line while she held the actual port closed with the force to keep more blood from spilling to the floor.

"Today, if it was not for all that I've been through." She sighed softly, the hard part of her job over as she waited for the line to be passed back to her. All that was left was hooking the IV to her hand. Grabbing the line from Hevana she quickly connected it to the port she was squeezing with an uncanny grace, practiced movements, done thousands of times, albeit not on herself, but still the ease showed. A healer was what she was, and always would be. After taping everything down well she finally spoke again.

She nodded to the Master beside her, I think crazy is just what we do." Her eyes seemed quite sad, thoughts drifting to events, so distance from her. "Things would be different had I not been taken from Known space for so long." Her eyes dropped to the floor, "Took so long to get back, to find my way back. Then to find everything has changed. I always think of the what if's and wonder ... What if I'd been here for those ten years, What if I'd stayed at the temple, What if I'd waited one day ... What if I actually got along with the Council .." Thoughts that seemed to clearly haunt her. For all those questions she knew, the answers would have changed the course of her life had anything been different.

"I'm only glad that you, among the many others have chosen to help me." The tiniest hints of fear shown through in her eyes for a moment, worried of things to come, "I fear had the Jedi not intervened this once, I'd have died, been long dead already." Nothing about this had been pleasant and right now she couldn't think of a worse way to perish. As much as she wanted to believe that everything would turn out fine, there was still that chance. And at the back of her mind, that simple thought nagged at her, pulled at her, with it came whisperings, voices she knew that were not hers. Though, still she said nothing to the others. For even among the Jedi hearing voices no one else could hear was never a good sign.

She looked to Siobhan and her return, knowing between Hevana and her, there had to be a small armory on board now. Something she'd never get used to. Something that was all too strange to carry such. "Iron is fine, Hevana. Don't worry. He's helped me a lot while I was in Omega. Got me to be at least decent with a blade, instead of a fool." She said with a smile to the both of them.

"If you will all give me a moment I'll go speak with Iron privately, and then be back, should not be but a moment." She said as she fiddled with the IV, and adjusted the flow rate before slowly standing, grabbing the clear bag from the hook on the wall. "Especially when I have to carry this thing around, "She said with a nod of her head towards the bag.

Finally she stepped out into the hallway, a wave of a hand for HK-36 to follow her, "Thank you for what you've brought along." Speaking of the bag, "I'm glad you came to help, though the one I least expected. Figured when I parted ways with Omega, I'd never see you again." No prophecy in the galaxy could have convinced her of the droid coming to see her. "You spoke of news." She said once out of earshot of the others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom