Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starship Review Velran Class Super Star Destroyer

FH1bIdWuh_AX_b4sa927ffEDO0LJvj531SiilKe2-h6CHuSaSwMT8YAu7Kiu2RyFPI_Q3uIlq2OifkHwWBbWluwTSwzE29PiCH6SZhP0svHVcndRYR8Z-23Onv8MI5JDSi30oPyNg4g6spCHlVEIjPk

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
STANDARD FEATURES
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • Incredible shield protection
  • Massive armor protection, especially over important ship systems
  • Huge internal hangar space
  • On board factories enable manufacture of replacement components for fleet maintenance.
  • Main Axial Super-heavy plasma cannons are powerful enough to destroy cities or savagely damage capital ships, and are long-ranged enough to reach across the entire battlefield.
  • Turreted Super-heavy plasma cannons are only slightly less powerful but maintain long-range attack capability.
  • Tractor systems can be used to increase accuracy of weapons fire
  • Missile systems can engage the heaviest capital ships
  • Incredible Point-Defense weapons network
WEAKNESSES
  • When the main axial super-heavy plasma cannon is fired, no other weapons can be fired due to energy constraints.
  • Ship is slow-moving during sublight operations due to its mass.
  • It is scarcely possible to miss a target this large. Evasive maneuvers are a joke.
  • Axial weapons require that the entire ship be aligned with the target, making the weapon only useful against fixed targets or similarly large ships.
DESCRIPTION
Following the tradition of the Old Empire's Eclipse Super Star Destroyer, three major shipbuilders combined their efforts to create a new generation of Super Star Destroyer for the Empire of the Lost, assisted by some notable component manufacturers.

A single ship of this kind is the equivalent of a large fleet, able to dominate most normal battlefields. While not the speediest of vessels due to its incredible mass, its tractor beams and interdictor gravity-field generators allow it to prevent its prey from escaping.

By far, its most notable features are its super-heavy axial plasma cannons, modeled after those found on the Aggressor Class, and its proton beam cannons that are laid down in parallel. The cannons can fire either straight forward or straight down. It is said that a single shot from such weapons can obliterate a cruiser or destroy a city on the surface of a world. Combined with the ship’s Zeta-One Ion Cannons, Malmourral plasma artillery cannons, and heavy assault missile launchers, there are few ships who can hope to withstand the punishment that Velran can dish out. By the time an enemy fleet closes to engagement range, they may have already lost a significant percentage of their forces to this devastating weapon combination.

The Velran Class Super Star Destroyer is the perfect physical embodiment of the Emperor’s Might, and a symbol of his aspirations for the future of the Empire.

Note: The resources to acquire this vessel were a product of the following Dominions:
In the Empire’s Name
Embarrassment of Riches
Oil of Empires

Last edited by a moderator:

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Maldor Mecetti Maldor Mecetti

Hi there, I will look over this submission.

So one of the things I can see is that you need to add a field known as Development Dominions: right between permissions and primary sources. You will need to add the dominions you've linked down the bottom to that field.

I'd also like a couple more weaknesses just to balance it out a little more cause right now this submission has about 7 strengths and only 2 listed weaknesses.

Hi there, I will look over this submission.

So one of the things I can see is that you need to add a field known as Development Dominions: right between permissions and primary sources. You will need to add the dominions you've linked down the bottom to that field.

I'd also like a couple more weaknesses just to balance it out a little more cause right now this submission has about 7 strengths and only 2 listed weaknesses.
Hello,

I have made the requested changes.

Cheers!

Overall a really good submission.

however, I do have one concern about it I wish to go through with you, specifically the ability of the axial plasma cannons to destroy cities. While I'm not going to require any changes, I do want you to be aware that firing on a city with people in it comes close to calling damage since it's hard to avoid a weapon like this.

With that understood I'm happy to approve this submission if you're ready and have no final changes to be made?

Hello,

Thank you for this review.

The reference to destroying cities is akin to a reference to destroying ships with missiles or people with blasters: An intended capability and outcome. The actual outcome is understood to be up to the people being shot at.

The Empire of the Lost is satisfied with the ship as it stands.

We hope to utilize it in roleplay soon.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom