Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Universe-Class Halfway Station

Status
Not open for further replies.
CiaZRN5.jpg

WzFBvVI.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

STANDARD FEATURES

ADVANCED SYSTEMS

STRENGTHS
  • Defense: The station has an extensive defensive system capable of defending and its occupants and surrounding area from a variety of threats.
  • Spacious: With plenty of space for both company and independent interest, the station can house hundreds of shop owners and businessmen.
  • Independent: The Universe-Class station has numerous redundancies and facilities in place to operate with minimal external aid for long periods of time.
  • Retractable: All weapons systems and engines can retract into the hull for protection and maintaining a peaceful appearance.

WEAKNESSES
  • Slow: While capable of moving around, the station is primarily meant to stay in one place for years at a time, resulting in a terribly slow platform.
  • Civilian: While capable of warding off pirate attacks or small threats, the ship's weapons are incapable of defending it from significant threats by themselves.
  • Numbers: Each station is ludicrously expensive to produce, and as such there are very few built and positioned throughout the galaxy.
  • Range: Due to its nature, the few weapons it has are incapable of operating at a significant range, forcing the station's defenses to operate against threats in its immediate vicinity.

DESCRIPTION
A means of reaching all corners of the galaxy without building dedicated facilities, but also a means for spacers on long journeys to stop, rest and replenish before setting off again through the hyperlanes, the Universe-Class Halfway Station is an incredible work of engineering.

To help protect it in its mission to aid others, the station has numerous weapons systems to deter and defend, with several contingencies in place to ensure that it can not be used as a weapon of war.

But a major focus of the station, over everything else, is to help and reach out. Greenhouses capable of growing crops, engineering facilities to repair ships and build components, a medical ward to aid anyone in need, and finally a security detail that also helps others in defending themselves.

Last edited:
HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Braxton Holst Braxton Holst

It is a very cool submission, but I have serious concerns.
  • It has more weapons than fully created battle SSDs. Not to mention 90% of the listed weapons are not defence weapons, but simple armament.
  • Weapons with Long range, Battlefield or Extreme Effective Range are definitely not defensive weapons. This space station is able to destroy fleets when those enter the System, and this is not defensive.
  • The civilian stations' defences are about to protect themselves against mostly asteroids, etc, or protect the hangers.
  • If you check the space station's description, there the defences not mention weapons, just shields or plating:
    Defences: Where None is a man in a space suit hanging on to an engine, Average is typical defence, and Extreme is heaviest defence with heavy armour plating and multiple layers of powerful shields.
  • And defence weapons are Point-defences weapons with Pinpoint, Point Blank, Personal or maybe with Average Effective range. But definitely not with such weapons which oines are able to make direct long attacks. Because please consider that too, you maybe wrote a simple Average size cannon, but that is average in that sub where you put it, so it is smaller on small ships, larger on a larger ship, especially if you're writing it can be used on any ships or vehicles.
  • So please reduce the numbers and modify the defence weapons to real defences instead of the normal armament that you wrote in the defence system.
  • And please add at least one more PvP relevant weakness to your list.
I hope after my explanation it is more clear what was the problem and you'll be able to modify it correctly.

• It has more weapons than fully created battle SSDs. Not to mention 90% of the listed weapons are not defence weapons, but simple armament.
  • Weapons with Long range, Battlefield or Extreme Effective Range are definitely not defensive weapons. This space station is able to destroy fleets when those enter the System, and this is not defensive.
  • The civilian stations' defences are about to protect themselves against mostly asteroids, etc, or protect the hangers.
  • If you check the space station's description, there the defences not mention weapons, just shields or plating:
  • And defence weapons are Point-defences weapons with Pinpoint, Point Blank, Personal or maybe with Average Effective range. But definitely not with such weapons which oines are able to make direct long attacks. Because please consider that too, you maybe wrote a simple Average size cannon, but that is average in that sub where you put it, so it is smaller on small ships, larger on a larger ship, especially if you're writing it can be used on any ships or vehicles.
  • So please reduce the numbers and modify the defence weapons to real defences instead of the normal armament that you wrote in the defence system.
I hope after my explanation it is more clear what was the problem and you'll be able to modify it correctly.
Would switching to a military station help to alleviate the issues?

There we go, dropped the blatantly offensive weapons XD

Kept the things I figured would be more fitting for a non-combatant station or incapable of working as an actual war machine. Are those defenses fine or shall I drop a bit more?

Also amended the strengths and weaknesses in accordance with the edits

Much better, but the heavy weapons are still not defensive ones, but simple attacking armament. So if you remove them and keep only the light and medium, that will be good.
Got rid of the heavy ions. Dunno if the light and medium ions are fine, but can take them out as well if needed.

Gotta mention tho, I left the heavy laser cannons cuz they're very small comparatively, meant to be able to fit into starfighters and freighters and stuff, so they're not really capable of doing damage to big ships and targets. They're purely for point defense on this. Is it gucci to leave them on or shall I get rid of them as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom