Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion The Frontier War: Icefall | Mandalorian Enclave Dominion of Empty Hex

gtDNBaB.png

F R O N T I E R
W A R

The Enclave's expansion no longer went unanswered.

The scum of Wild Space had been unprepared when Mandalorian forces had descended against them on Kaddak, and what little resistance there was had been easily routed. But on Lyran IV, the next system on the path of the Enclave's expansion, they had been met in ambush by pirates and criminals working to deal the Enclave a blow; not crippling, but enough to send a message that they would not be relinquishing their hold on the galaxy's frontier without bloodshed.

Though they were near unmatched when it came to terrestrial warfare, the Enclave was sorely outgunned in space. The Mandalorians could only boast of a handful of starfighter squadrons to patrol their newly-won territory, and mismatched civilian ships cobbled together by what little the various Clans informally used for trade and travel. One thing was apparent: if they were to secure their holdings and push back against the pirates, they would need a fleet to do so.

And so for a moment the eyes of the Mandalorian Enclave turned away from the frontier and towards home; their frozen homeworld, Kestri. Various spacefaring Mandalorians had begun reconstruction of what had been known as the Sinking Docks, now the Nol'mani Docks in honor of the ancient Mandalorian forgemaster that had first built them. Adjacent to the dockyards, a spacer's port named Reaver's Bay had sprung up, a rough town fit for Mandalorians who took better to the sky than the earth.

During the Mandalorian-Yuuzhan Vong war for Kestri, the Nol'mani Docks had been the site of fierce fighting when an infestation had been rooted out from the watery depths. Now, it would be the Enclave's answer to their lack of a fleet. But to begin building ships, plans had to be made. And there were still rumors of a giant bloodwyrm, evolved to swim in the murky depths of Lake Htagir, that if it truly existed could pose an existential threat to the Enclave's new shipbuilding ventures. So while the starshipwrights began their plans for construction of a dockyard and fleet, Mandalorian warriors would have to descend into the frigid water and not come back until they were dragging the bloodwyrm's corpse behind them.

To take to the stars, first they would have to handle the dark that lay below.

0HKrNFD.png
  • In the icy depths of Lake Htagir, rumor has it that an ancient, massive Mandalorian bloodwyrm has made its nest. Put on your rebreathers and slay the beast, lest it be allowed to threaten the stability of the dockyards and Reaver's Bay. the ancestors of Mandalorians slew and tamed the giant Mythosaurs of old. No creature should live without fear of you.
S0Qh76f.png
  • Starshipwrights and prospective Fleetmasters of the Enclave alike have been summoned to Reaver's Bay, the port-town adjacent to the Nol'mani dockyards, to participate in a great council to lay out plans for the dockyards and a Mandalorian fleet. Let your voice and opinions be heard, and pave a future for Mandalorians in the stars.
YZw5fxP.png
  • There has been much fighting as the Enclave has begun to bring peace to the frontier worlds. No one will blame you for taking a well-deserved rest; the port-town of Reavers Bay is yours to explore and revel in. . . and its said that the taverns sell an exceptionally strong Tihaar that doubles as a convenient hull stripper.

S0Qh76f.png

TAG: OPEN

Her hands danced across the console. She knew by instinct and some deeply learned experience exactly where her fingers had to go to create the necessary response from the large gunship as it darted through the void of space. The gloves she wore dulled some of the sensitivity, but she was used to that by now, a near lifetime spent navigating various hyperspace routes and star systems.

She drew down a lever with her right hand, causing the propulsion of the craft to abate; she was approaching her target.

Home

Home to many was a place, an address, a locale. Tawnita, having moved across the void, knew it now to be so much more. It could be where she felt happiest, safest. It could be with Vren Rook and others of his ilk. It could be where she was part of making a real change in the lives of countless people.

The dull twinkle of Reaver’s Bay drew the Mother Abbess onwards, headed for the assigned bay she had been designated moments before by the ever-present controllers who patrolled the approach to the shanty town-it was about to become an even more significant destination on this new Mandalorian ‘homeworld’.

Home

The ship began her normal cadence, systems beginning to shut down as the landing gears engaged and held the ship suspended above the ground. Tee smiled, a sigh of relief emanating from her lips.

The Wrens of Ord Vaug had been shipbuilders for at least three whole generations, Tawnita herself trying her best to avoid learning as much as possible about the craft. She had failed, of course, having picked up a better-than-cursory knowledge of the making of large vessels and how they moved through space like great dragons, mythic beasts that swim through oceans, fly through clean air and spit fire on their opponents.

She hadn’t thought to participate in building such an asset for the Enclave, but her gut ached. Her mother always said of the feeling ‘is it gut or guilt?’, causing Tee to roll her eyes in as dismissive a tone as she could muster. She reconciled it now, knowing her mother had been exactly right on the matter. She did feel responsible for the community at large. She had knowledge that might be important to the success of their enterprise and part of the Creed was being responsible and offering aid to the whole, so that it may be stronger.

She descended the gangway and met the harbourmaster, nodding her usual greeting. He offered information today, knowing fully that many would be gathering for the meeting. He directed Tee to where she would have to go. She flicked him a Confederate credit and sidled onward, her blaster sitting on her right hip.

She made the short journey to the meeting hall and found only a few milling about, making preparations for the event. Enclave meetings were far less grand than the affairs she had attended over the years.

Galas…balls…her criminal court proceedings…

She asked ahead of her and received a datapad, something that would shine some light on the proposals, no doubt.

She would wait and see what was to become of her new home.

0HKrNFD.png

Equipment:
Blaster, Rifle, Detonators
Ship: A restored T-65B X-wing Starfighter and an R2 model Astromech Droid.
Tags: Open

Vulcan had to ask thrice over what exactly this Worm thingy is. Because he himself never heard of one. They don’t often come up in cantina, Tavern or even Marketplace chatter. Well not until now at least. He offered to go help, which was unfortunately met with a bip on the nose and a hair ruffling pat on the head.

As a result, in an act of petty spite he went anyway, the more he can’t do something the more he wanted to do it and he liked a good adventure.

He was relieved somewhat when he heard that it didn’t like to eat organic things, just metal. Beskar was the creature’s favourite thing. Stubbornly he had refused to stay away. Konig saw his potential as a Mandalorian, and Vulcan wasn’t going to throw that away not after everything that happened. No, that wasn’t the way.

He’s far too stubborn to just accept no for an answer.

Besides, he’s old enough to fight, he’s done it before, so it wasn’t a new concept to him. But the question is, how will they get the said beastie out of the nest? Bomb it out? No, that will just make it angry, and angry anything wasn’t a fun thing to witness. He should know, his ears still rang from being shouted at or being a few feet away from someone shouting.

R2 had also beeped a whole stern lecture on why he should have just sat this one out and made his edibles, where he could avoid getting hurt. Vulcan didn’t want to just stay back, yes baking and cooking was his new passion but, why stay away from a good fight?

Since when did he listen to what the Astromech said anyway?

<”We will be descending within a few moments and no, I am not going to change my mind R2.”> Vulcan said after a journey of near silence. He descended through the clouds to land near the lake’s edge.

Last edited:
S0Qh76f.png

Tags: Open (plz wake her up)

This was supposed to be a very important and crucial day. The Enclave was planning on expanding its fleets and wanted to make sure they would have everything they needed to support their effort in cleaning up the plethora of planets filled with criminal scum. She wanted to be by that meeting, feeling like she had a bit of a say in the matter with the designs she had been churning out for Maji Ironworks. Hell, she already had an order set to export a bunch of her crafts and equipment.

What she didn't account for was pulling an all-nighter.

Shai was fast asleep on the simple bed in her office. With grease marks, singes and general wear evident across her body and outfit. She didn't even manage to get comfortable on the bed. The moment her boots were off and her head hit the pillow, she was out cold. It was already morning and she had only gotten two hours of sleep at most. At this rate, she was going to be rather late for the meeting that she had been looking forward to...

YZw5fxP.png
Objective: Learning to Fly.

"No, no, no!"

The flight instructor rubbed his temples in frustration as Aves extinguished the electrical fire.

"Chit, chit! I'm sorry, okay!"

The older mandalorian raised a finger, but did not open his eyes to look at her. His lips were a tight, thin line as he calmed himself down. Then came the resigned sigh. He had promised his brother he would take care of the young Wren, but never had it crossed Aires' mind that she would be such a terrible pilot.

She was even worse than her father.

"You can't rush this, Aves. Every step is important." "But everyone I know is already flying, some even have ships of their own. There are aces younger than me." "When mom was my age she-" "Focus, Aves."

Aves looked down in guilt.

There were so many others in the Enclave who had such incredible skill, who had fought longer, who had trained in specific skills and contributed to the cause. Among all those extraordinary people, who was she?

"I just don't want to let you down."

But a hand squeezed her shoulder in a familiar fashion.

"Forget about all that and focus on the take-off sequence." "And get it right this time."

With a pout, Aves handed over the extinguisher and dropped back into the pilot's chair to reset the ship and make it clear for take-off sequence.

S0Qh76f.png

"Huh? Oh, no, couldn't do that. No, no, no. It's too much. Yes, it would be cool if something that massive could jump into a system and be completely unnoticed until it was literally casting a shadow over you, but the amount of credits it would take for me to construct a stealth-frame for it would not only bankrupt us, but the Confederacy, Alliance, and Silver Jedi -- altogether," Alora could be overhead explanation to someone else that'd come to put forward ideas. "Passive stealth tech is good, but not for something that big." Active stealth tech was far more affordable, but even that was crazy expensive. How did you hide the power output of a Super Star Destroyer? To be truly effective you'd have to generate more power than the power needed to generate that power plus everything else on board. Smaller ships were far easier because they weren't literally screaming energy into the void.

Alora smiled and waved to the poor soul that moved off to retool their stealth design. Then she turned and saw Tawnita Wren Tawnita Wren and gave her a wave too. Before she spoke, however, an indicator on her forearm started blinking. "Gambit. Gambit, don't be like that. You know ships don't fit in rooms. I'll make sure they build a nice, cush bay for you." A smile returned to the young woman's lips at a reply others couldn't hear. "That's right. Now, I'm guessing Shai is being irresponsible again? Yes," she agreed, "the most irresponsible responsible woman on the planet." Alora laughed. "Right, well, go ahead with Operation: Howl."

With that business concluded, Alora started straight for Twanita. "Heya. I'm Alora Vizsla -- cyberneticist, machinist, and battlefield intelligence extraordinaire. Glad to meet you. Hope you're looking forward to today as much as I am." The brightly colored hair drew in closer as Alora leaned in and lowered her voice, "Personally I'm thinking we need to seriously overhaul the docks. I know we're out here on the Rim, but there's so much technology we could fit ships with if we had the proper machinery in place. I know people that can hook us up."

MEANWHILE, at Maji Ironworks...

They say 'let sleeping dogs lie.' They say 'Woman is a genius when she is dreaming.' They say a lot of things, really, but most importantly it was time to say 'Wake Up.' And Shai had turned a deaf ear to what the galaxy was saying. Which is why the slumbering Wardog didn't hear the shouts outside of alarm and probably ire because their private space was being violated. Well, they hadn't seen anything yet.

The Gambit had swept in over Maji Ironworks' compound and was positioning itself just outside Shai's office from the outside. Bright lights flared on, but that probably only caused the woman to turn over. That's when the real excitement began.

0HKrNFD.png

It was an early morning his time around on Kestri. Typically Talohn, being a cat like being, slept until noon in like with typical feline sleeping patterns. This occasion called for otherwise, and he was too excited to sleep. When he was informed of what was going on, he was filled with nostalgia, remembering the great hunts they would tell stories of around the fire at his home. Zlova, whether she had stayed with him last night, or been of somewhere else, would end up receiving one very enthusiastic question. 'Wanna kill a giant worm?!' He always had the best date ideas.

The grey skies of kestri would find Talohn sitting on the shores of Kestri's beach, though it wasn't the sort of beach for a holiday considering the temperature and the fact that the water's surface was completely frozen. Talohn was sitting on a fuzzy fur blanket that he had brought with him, a firepit set up with a crackling bed of flames within the circle of stones. Above the fire was a spit with the leg of some sort of bovine creature skewered upon it. He reaches out of occasionally turn the handle, switching the side on which the meat is cooking. In terms of attire, he was kitted out in his signature armor. On his right thigh, he's got his favorite gun in a leather holster, the I'zêorra stjolkk, and in another holster on his lower back is The Mule. Sitting beside him on the blanket is another favorite of his, the trusty TDW H.A.R.M in it's squad configuration. The final touch is something he's got just in case. A Rowdy rancor Gatling blaster sitting on the blanket behind him. He's using it's immense size as a support to lean backwards on while he relaxes in front of the fire.

While his right hand turns the roast, his left hand is holding a commlink. "Uhh...drop the bait a little to the left. Make sure it's an open space, no rocks." The voice at the other end of the commlink, a wookie from the sounds of it, starts roaring in it's booming voice. Talohn sighs, nodding slightly as he responds. "Yes. The giant worm eats metal. You've asked this question twelve times already. Is your age starting to mess with your memory already old man?" He asks teasingly. Then more roaring. Talohn makes a face, looking at Zlova, who's at the fire beside him. "What do you mean how did my 'ugly mug' manage to charm anything? You're one to talk." He laughs. The wookie on the other end emits noises similar to laughter as well.

The source of Talohn's commlink conversation was currently above the ice. A large salvage ship Talohn had called in. It seems he ran with them as a crew member for a while when he was younger, and they were more than happy to donate some salvage to the cause of fighting a giant worm. Once correctly positioned, the salvage ship opens it's cargo hold, letting various large pieces of metal slide out onto the ice and rest on the surface. Once all the metal is out, it quickly flies further up into the sky. You never know when the worm could surface in response to the dinner bell.

Talohn looks to Zlova as the ship unloads and hands her a metal skewer. "Meat should be done by now. Go ahead and eat up shouldn't be long before the worm is here." He pauses to smell the air. "Yeah, it's not far off at all...."

Zlova Rue Zlova Rue Vulcan Krayt Vulcan Krayt Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla (Open to whoever else is on the worm objective of course)

0HKrNFD.png

Zlova stretched up along Talohn's side and gently nibbled at the feline's ear after talk of having been charmed. Soft laughter followed suit as the metal was dumped and the Cathar offered her a skewer. She settled back down at his side as her fingers took hold of the treat. A cautious bite pulled some steamy meat free. As a Sith she used pain, but Zlova was no masochist -- though her recklessness often caused people to think otherwise.

No, she was definitely the sadist type of Sith.

Of course she'd come along to hunt a giant worm -- and that hadn't been a euphemism. Zlova couldn't say she'd take 'great pride' in killing such a creature like a Mandalorian would, but as long as they expected the fight to be genuinely challenging why not attend? It might teach her more of the Mandalorian spirit. Watching them work was certainly more enlightening than hearing about it. People, after all, lied. Not that a Mandalorian would lie about victory -- or they'd be dead -- but the circumstances? Come on. Zlova knew there were a few despite all the talk of honesty and honor. Won't convince a Sith otherwise.

"Well, I suppose it would be awkward for the rest if after coming all this way all they got to see was the two of us in one another's arms in the freezing cold," Zlova replied light heartedly. Talohn was the only person in the galaxy where a 'picnic' like this in a frozen waste was actually pleasant. Almost anyone else it would be entirely fake, and intended for her to get close to obtained something incredibly valuable.

Jhira? Well, of course, Zlova picniced with Jhira. But would the woman pick a frozen beach for one?

"I hope 'giant' means it's at least as large as a starship larger than a fighter." If it was the size of a hovercar she'd cut it open and drench all of them in guts as a reminder not to waste time on foolishness. They'd never forget that lesson.

S0Qh76f.png

TAG: Alora Vizsla Alora Vizsla OPEN

Tee stared ahead at the interloper. She was...quite something. She spent a little time talking to herself. She approached Tee and spoke of the docks. It was a sensible idea, to be certain. Without the ability to construct, overhaul and manage any semblance of a military deterrent, the fledgling Navy would rust in the docks before they even made it into hyperspace.

"I agree. I'm Tawnita, friends call me Tee. I'm a Wren so it's a pleasure to meet a friend."

She, of course, knew of the ancient bond between their family clans.

"My family have been in shipbuilding for several generations now. I've tried to escape it but...here I am! Other than that, I work on all sorts of projects for the governance here. We really are building some good, eh?"

She smiled as warm a smile as she could muster, hoping Alora could feel it from beneath her helmet which was, as of yet, still being worn.

"With working facilities to feed the needs of the fleet, this place will become a broader target. Reaver's will need tightening up, made stronger. A series of defence works would go a long way to ensure the protection of the site from any incoming attacks."

She gestured to a holographic display, showing the current makeup of the planet's defences.

"We'd need to establish all sorts of protocols to ensure the success of a modern navy. Most of us know from our work with the Confederacy that even their behemothic forces can take a kicking when hit in the right way by the wrong people."

She shrugged.

"I guess we just need to decide what kind of purpose we'd use them for. To fight the Maw head-on? Unlikely. "

S0Qh76f.png

"Tee! That's such a lovely name." Alora grinned in response. It was cool she was a Wren too, even if Alora didn't really fixate on 'this clan is a friend with that clan' kind of thing. It had a role in their society, of course, so Alora wasn't dismissive of it. Individuals were far more her thing. Like Tee, she seemed a smart, outgoing, likeable person.

"We are," Alora agreed about everything being built. "I'm really interested to hear your thoughts on building ships. I did a ton of work on my own ship, the Gambit. Overhauled basically every inch. I've never designed one from scratch though, and nothing bigger than my tiny corvette." Don't tell the Gambit Alora called it tiny. "I bet your family must know tons about that kind of thing, right?"

Then Tee had an interesting thought about the security of the naval yard, not only its function. This caused Alora to listen intently to a new perspective on the day's topic. She stepped around to peer at the holographic display that accompanied her companion's thoughts.

"Well, our biggest threat is from the monstrous Bryn, really. Just because of proximity. Most of the other massive governments probably wouldn't waste time invading us yet, fortunately. It'll let us build our defenses. Eventually, I wager the Enclave throws its helmet in with the other, larger groups that oppose the Maw. When we're ready." Which given they were Mandalorian meant it wasn't that far off. People were probably eager to go head-to-head with the Sith in retribution. Alora only hoped it wasn't before their defenses were ready because Sith had a habit of counterattacking. She knew that from being there when Coruscant got hit.

"I'd love to hear about the protocols you have in mind. I've come across a few security barricade, defense turret, and shied generator designs when I was in the Core World region. Might come in handy here."

S0Qh76f.png

TAG Alora Vizsla Alora Vizsla

Alora was smart. Very smart. Tee liked that in a conversationalist. There was nothing more galling than having to try not to rip your own head from its shoulders as you feign interest in the banalities of another's droning.

It was funny. She didn't often think about her own family, let alone their ability to build ships. Their craft had embued the care and honour of the Creed, the way a Forgemaster would treat beskar, and the modernity of shipbuilding.

"We certainly had some experience. Nothing on a wholesale level: just commissions; prominent Mandos, local war-masters, you get the gist.

She laughed at the idea of the Core Worlds. She had spent a little time courtesy of the Galactic Alliance in the Core Worlds.

Somewhat against her will.

"Our people will need to fabricate a doctrine and history of Naval combat in a very short time. I know we can utilise our own unique strengths and way of doing things but we'll need outsider help; I'm not certain they'll go for that, however. What a start to a new Navy; get somebody else to run it!"

Tee laughed to herself, flicking through the holo-terminal's display of various large naval designs from various manufacturers. She saw the ones from Alban Roble Alban Roble and smirked again. There was always something funny about that name. She couldn't tell why but it made her chuckle to herself.

It was an altogether silly name.

0HKrNFD.png

Objective: Hunt a Worm (Wyrm, Wurm?)

Allies: Talohn Atar Talohn Atar Zlova Rue Zlova Rue Vulcan Krayt Vulcan Krayt
Enemies: To be Identified

Equipment: Beskar Armor, Rifle (Mortar Attachment), Side-arm

Leea was impressed, the temperature was on the colder side of freezing and yet the armour Talohn had thrown together for her made it practically sweltering. The internal heaters, not to mention the thermal padding, definitely insulated well against the hostile environment. She wondered if the system would function in extreme heat as well. Perhaps next time they would be deployed to a desert planet. She could never tell where Talohn would have her take them next.

Her enjoyment of the suit's amazing ability was tempered by concern about their quarry. Talohn had told her it was a massive beast and Leea imagination had filled such proportions to the maximum. She envisioned a great creature, perhaps larger than a star frigate arising from the ice. That was a concerning thought on its own, and the Mirialan had no desire to be ambushed by such an animal. Then again, maybe it is too big to move stealthily. I wonder if it could be heard or felt before it arrives. In anticipation, Leea had been flipping through her helm's various scanners and HUDs. This allowed her to familiarize herself with the plethora of features and systems the armour sported, while also ensuring that she would be aware of the worm moving into their area... At least she hoped on that last part.

Reclining a little ways away from Talohn and Zlova, to give them privacy and just in case the creature was attracted to fire, meat, or anything else that they might have, Leea sat cross-legged. The skin of her blue-grey armour covered in an almost invisible layer of frost, so motionless had she been. At some point in her preparation, she had fallen into a restful state. When a few minutes had grown longer, Leea had lost focus, or perhaps had worn herself out in exuberance.

Eyes fluttered open under the bright light of the display mere centimetres from the pilot's face. Leea had been disturbed by the racket of metal screeches and tearing, pulling her from whatever stupor her mind may have fallen into. Though awakened, it took a moment for the Mirialan to account for her surroundings and she watched detachedly as the scrap shifted and settled into new formations and piles on the ice sheets.

Feeling awake, stiffness in her joints accusing her of being out of it for a little too long, Leea ponderously flipped through the sensors one more time and gazed about in a half-hearted search for the creature. When nothing came of it, the groggy soul laboriously roused herself to action. First by pushing herself to shift back onto her hands, followed by a steady movement of weight forward onto legs that now found themselves carrying the body. Standing, Leea stretched her arms wide and took a couple of long, shaky steps to let the blood once more flow unhindered. As she moved and extended, Leea could just barely sense the ethereal cracking of the ice that had formed in the joints of her suit. Probably should lie down next time. Her inner voice countered itself, Or maybe just don't fall asleep? We've been on longer watches than this.

Stealing a glance at the chronometer, the young Mirialan wondered how much longer this worm would stay hidden. Now that the bait was in place, she hoped they wouldn't have to wait long.

0HKrNFD.png

Equipment:
Blaster, Rifle, Detonators
Ship: A restored T-65B X-wing Starfighter and an R2 model Astromech Droid.
Tags: Zlova Rue Zlova Rue Leea Pandac Leea Pandac Talohn Atar Talohn Atar

The morning had arrived, and the chill ruffled at Vulcan’s clothes, bringing him back to wakefulness. So, it is morning and colder than when he arrived. But it was worth it as he can guarantee he was here and not dreaming that he was off on a hunting mission.

Although he didn’t have anyone else around. In his petty haste, he did not consider much in the way of a game plan other than just storming along into a hunt because some uppity Kah- Ren decided he should stay put. To add salt to injury she gave him a condescending pat on the head. Gods, what did he need to do to be taken seriously around here?

Since Koning went off to explore the deep wild space, he had to learn by himself or at least with help from those who were willing. Frustratingly he was without a direction.

However, he’s not doing this just out of stubborn teenage rebellion, well yes, but not entirely he’s doing it to be more Mando and to prove to himself he can do more than sell baked goods. Hunting this thing seemed to be the way to do it. But that is not to say he could become the go-to baker for new and never tasted delights. He looked over at his own provisions, smelling the aroma with hunger, but these are for later. If he found others, he could share them out.

According to his console, it is bitter out there, boy did the chill bring back memories of the Polar Mine Raid. That was an easy one, he still grinned to himself each time he thinks about it. Suddenly he notices movement. At the very edge of his periphery. So, Vulcan got a closer look through his Macro-Binoculars.

<“Looks like they are setting a baited trap for it.”> He muttered to himself. Impressed by the spectacle before his very eyes.

A ship hauling what looked like Scrap high above the lake, well high is pushing it, more like near the surface. Anyway, he was right on time. So, he hasn’t missed much. He should go help, but he held off a little bit longer. There is some scrap in his cargo hold but it doesn’t seem to be an awful lot, but he still had that unrefined lump of Beskar he picked up during his theft. He kept it to remind himself he took it from under the noses of Mandalorians. But he has no use for it, and it kept getting in the way.

So why not add it to the bait, isn’t that what they were doing? Getting it to come to them, how clever, no that’s genius-level right there. Why go into the water and get it when you can lure it to you? Maybe he can try that with the cat that seems to hiss at him whenever they cross paths, he needs to lure it to him using the bait of very smelly fish.

Oh, it looks like more people have shown up, so best go down there and make his presence known. R2 again beeped in warning, but Vulcan ignored it, too much caution would blunt any enjoyment, same with Blaise indifference. He is not innocent on either account. The chill made his back ping with a reminder of old injuries.

<“Calm down, it’s not going to go sideways, even if it does, I’m not going to run. I’m not a little boy.”> A sharpness entering into his usually calm tone as he disembarked from his Starfighter and headed to the beach and towards the people there.

S0Qh76f.png

"Doctrine?" Alora tilted her head for a moment before she nodded. "Oh, I see. And you think we should hire someone that's experienced. Well, that makes sense. Why learn all the same lessons over a protracted period of time?" Made sense. Though Alora shared the same concern about people 'going for it.' After all, they weren't exactly begging Alora for cyberware. Okay, most probably didn't need it.

"Do we really not have anyone experienced in Naval warfare?" The Mandalorians were known for being warriors on the ground, that was true, and they weren't computer savvy -- also true -- but no space-oriented commanders? Alora's talent in that arena allowed her to pilot her ship exceedingly well, but she didn't know anything about ship formations or tactics. Probably the same issue many had -- they knew bits and pieces, but not the grand picture when organizing a group.

Well, seemed like there was a pertinent question to ask. "Do you have someone in particular in mind?" The way she giggled at Roble's name didn't suggest they were the pick.

0HKrNFD.png

Equipment: Thermal Detonators, Beskar Tipped Harpoons, Fighting Knives, Beskar'gam, Concussion Rifle
Ship: N/A, on ground already
Tags: Zlova Rue Zlova Rue | Leea Pandac Leea Pandac | Talohn Atar Talohn Atar | Vulcan Krayt Vulcan Krayt

Others were due in, and the ash-streaked helm of Nei paid them no mind. Five gleaming harpoons stood rammed into the icy ground with beskar ropes and hooks. A pretty penny, but such a beastmaster as him knew how to hunt a wyrm with effectiveness. And one of the keys was pinning it down so a fireteam could actually target and deal damage. There was an underbarrel attachment to fire from the concussion rifle the harpoons, and a battered jump pack on his back showed quite a bit of wear but was still ready to serve.

Frost rimed the ash streaked and rune bare gunmetal color of his beskar as he staked his killing ground and waited. Wound around his wrist was a lanyard with a beskar fighting knife gripped in reverse and threading through his fingers on occasion as he mapped surrounding terrain into his HUD and tracked arrivals, tagging them and sorting, watching the surface of the dock waters and suspicious.

He had hunted waters all his life. This felt... Different...

Buskayu'agr cuyir a sribitadir
0HKrNFD.png

Sasha was present, but relatively idle in her tasks. They were hunting a worm... Well, an Ice Worm. She was walking around her Feng Fighter, noting the ship had seen better days. And yet, it still flew, Who was she to complain if it wasn't polished? One thing she knew she wouldn't be doing today is getting in any sort of ice water, least of all to hunt a creature that could supposedly pierce and rend Beskar.

Hard Pass...

When she was satisfied her fighter would actually take off again, she would turn and begin to make her way towards the general direction of the others. Initially, she was going to walk to the exact rally coordinates, but was taken off course by an enticing smell of cooked meat wafting through the frigid air. She wasn't necessarily hungry, but wasn't one to turn down a bite to eat.

So she headed off, tracking down that scent, adorned in her own custom Beskar'Gam, recently sporting some new gear that Shai had gifted her. Including her new Jump Boots, and Sunstroke jetpack. Otherwise, she was armed with her VAARS rifle, which was slung over her back and unchambered; in her hand, she held her Erlang Spear. Locked in its staff configuration, she would use it as a walking stick of sorts; she held a few other trinkets on her person, but likely nothing that would be useful in this sortie; save for perhaps her Baroness wrist-cannon. Then again, she had no interest in getting that close to whatever they were hunting.

Coming up to a ridge, she looked down finally spotting the source of the smell, but needing a few moments to locate a nearby individual. Actually, individuals. She would allow her HUD to zoom a little, not to mention enhance the sound coming from the area.

"Well, I suppose it would be awkward for the rest if after coming all this way all they got to see was the two of us in one another's arms in the freezing cold,"

Well Chit on wheels, she could only hope she wasn't going to be riding as a designated third wheel during this venture... All the same, she stepped forward, hopping lightly as gravity quickly took hold of her. She gave into it for a moment before letting her Jump Boots flare lightly, slowing her descent enough so that she would land harmlessly in the snow, and obviously become quite obvious to the pair.

Still adorned in Beskar'Gam and Buy'ce, her identity was shrouded, save for the Kryze Sigil that was prominent on her right shoulder, even that somewhat hidden by her overlaying fabrics that were intended to keep her warm. With that, she pressed forward, silently... Tentatively, towards the pair, using that Erlang Spear to stab at the ground as she moved, eying Zlova Rue Zlova Rue with particular interest before observing the other with her.

She raised a hand in greeting, but would seemingly have a change of heart when she neared the pair, the reason for it not immediately discernible. Stepping past, she looked further, into the basin, and overlooked what Nei Nei was doing with his set-up. Well enough... She would stab the spear into the ground sharply, then take a seat, decompressing from the journey here before engaging anyone.

Talohn Atar Talohn Atar

S0Qh76f.png

Tags: Alora Vizsla Alora Vizsla | Tawnita Wren Tawnita Wren | Open

Lights, shouting and sirens eventually managed to stir the lethargic Shistavanen as she rolled over and her eyes struggled open. "The kriff..." She groaned as she simply rolled over again and yanked her pillow over her head to shut the noise out. As much as she wanted to continue sleeping, the noise from outside was simply becoming too much to ignore and soon she sat up and ran a hand over her face. The hand made from durasteel and filled with small splits perfect to catch loose fur. A long whine ensued as she tumbled back and massaged her face with the more organic hand for a moment. "Who left the stove on?!" She shouted as she rolled off the bed in a sad attempt to wake herself up.

It barely had any success.

Lying on the duracrete floor, she groaned some more and pressed her forehead against the ground to try and hide away from the noise right outside her window. With a frustrated sigh she managed to get onto her feet and looked straight at a ship throwing a rave only a few meters away from her. She stared at it for a few very long moments as she tried to figure out what the hell was going on. Then it clicked as her brain managed to scrape some semblance of important memories together.

"Oh kriff!" She shouted as a spike of adrenaline filled her body. She stumbled past her desk to a cabinet and took a swig of hard liquor to wake up, before frantically marching around to figure out what she needed. She grabbed her datapad, notes and satchel before she rushed off to her speeder. It blasted off as she flipped the ship off, hoping that she wasn't too late to the meeting. The speeder skidded to a halt and she stumbled out, collapsing against the table the others were standing around. "I'm here, I'm here! I'm not late, I promise!" She heaved as she stood up and glanced around. She likely looked more like a Sith than anything else, with her bloodshot crimson eyes, burn marks in some areas of her pelt, and her mane looking like an explosion in a mattress factory. Her pelt was also not helping. With the constant cold of the planet, a bit of a winter coat was growing out, allowing her to look like a particularly large bantha dragged a long lick along one half of her body.

She yanked out her datapad and notes, slamming them down on the table as she held herself steady against it. "Okay, what's going..." She trailed off as a long yawn stretched her jaw wide open. "... What's going on? You guys started yet?'' Her voice was groggy and her eyelids droopy as she glanced between Tawnita and Alora.

YZw5fxP.png

Wearing only her standard outdoor clothes and a stetson hat to keep the wind out of her eyes, a figure walked through the blizzard toward the construction yard. The cold biting cold didn't bother this creature as she made her way over the thick snow.

There was an air of sorrow about her, of a sort of darkness fuelled by sadness, but with a singular purpose. A guard on the gate saw her and ran out to her, her clothes were no match for the frigid temperatures, but as he got there he felt his blood chill and freeze in his heart. He dropped down dead, falling snow would not melt on his cheeks.

The woman passed the check point and in to the compound itself, out of the blizzard, she was revealed to be a beautiful young woman with dark hair, she was clearly looking for someone.

"Excuse me sir," she said politely to an oblivious security guard, "can you point me in the direction of the ship builders conference, I have important business with one of their number." She waved her hand in front of him casually.

"Right this way ma'am, it sounds like you have important business."

She followed the guard into the corridors between building and into one of the larger units only a hundred metres or so from the main venue.

She was coming.

3oIWNfM.png

W Y R M
H U N T

0HKrNFD.png

Local Time: 07:10
Date: -DATA CORRUPTED-
Primary Objective: Hunt the Mandalorian Bloodwyrm
Secondary Objective: N/A
Equipment: Loadout 3 (Carrying Medical Backpack over his shoulder)
Tags: Talohn Atar Talohn Atar | Zlova Rue Zlova Rue | Vulcan Krayt Vulcan Krayt | Sasha Kryze Sasha Kryze | Nei Nei

tQcpQG0.png

A giant silhouette walked on a snow covered beaten path among tall, snow covered pine trees. The giant man clad in jet-black beskar’gam carried a chainblaster as large as himself with one hand, and a black backpack with the red sign of Baar’ur stenciled on it over his right shoulder. The snow of Kestri crunched beneath the large armored boots of the Supercommando as he strode towards a high ridge, overlooking Lake Htagir with a quick pace. He heard his fellow vod Talohn would be hunting a Mandalorian Bloodwyrm that laid dormant in the icy depths of the Lake. This was one of the hunts he wouldn’t want to miss in his lifetime! Not only the Mandalorian Bloodwyrm was a rare creature in the galaxy -a very dangerous creature at that, as the legends say- but this beast was huge according to the rumors.

It also had been so long since the last time he went on a hunt. He missed the thrill of it, the challenge such a hunt posed to him and his vode! He could not miss this opportunity to join a hunt and have some fun. He had heard the legendary wyrm could sense a handful of beskar and other metals from a considerably long distance. It’s chitin was considerably armored, able to withstand even some lightsaber throws. Its fangs were as large as a beskar, but sharper. This was bound to be a fun hunt!

They would have to take out the creature other than hunting purposes, as well. Lake Hratgir wasn’t too far away from Tor Valum, and the beast could sense beskar and various other metals from a considerable distance, according to the legends. Its presence was enough to endanger the lives of fellow vode, if the Bloodwyrm were to wake up and decide to head over to Tor Valum to find some beskar to eat.

He could hear the soft whine of a ship’s engine in the distance as he came closer to the ridge where Talohn would be situated, as he was told by several vode he asked around for him, before he left the city. He couldn’t see the ship, as the tall pine-trees around him arched high up into the sky, effectively blocking his line of sight. The giant would turn left from the beaten path, pushing away the pine-tree branches on his path as he followed the path dictated by his helmet’s built-in GPS. He would hear the loud clatter and crashing of metal debris being dropped from the sky on ice with loud bangs.

That had to be the bait getting set up for the bloodwyrm. He was on the right track. He would pick up the pace as he assumed he didn’t have much time left before the inevitable awakening of the beast that harbored an unquenchable hunger for beskar and metal.

With a loud rustle of the pine-trees' branches, the giant would emerge from the tree-line not too far from Talohn, Leea and Zlova. Snow would be caked on over the parts of his armor, chest pauldron, pouches and his black kama.

The giant saw the Red Devil cuddled up together with the Cathar in fuzzy blankets, sitting beside a crackling fireplace; a leg of some bovine creature was skewered into a branch, spitroasted on the red-yellow flames. There were several blasters and war gear lying about, around the two.

The giant joined the two by the fireplace not long after he emerged from the tree-line to their rear. The Supercommando threw the medical backpack he was carrying on his right shoulder to the ground, right besides the gigantic gatling blaster the Cathar used as support for his back as he leaned against it. The backpack would land with a soft thud on the snow, gently glancing off the gatling blaster, barely disturbing the Cathar.
<”Su’cuy, vode!”> The giant cheerfully greeted all those gathered around the fireplace for the hunt. <”Heard you were hunting a big karkin’ worm! I want in.”> Said Kranak with enthusiasm in his sonorous voice. The giant crouched down and unmagnetized his backplate to remove the large back-mountable power generator pack connected to the giant chainblaster with a cable before he approached the fireplace to warm his hands.

From the assortment of weapons that laid around him, a bright metallic shine would catch the giant’s watchful eye, coming from the leather holster at Talohn’s right as Kranak crouched to the right of the fireplace; his arms extended towards the dancing flames as he held his hands open against the fire. He’d gaze at it for a few moments as he warmed up, before turning his glimmering white visor at the Cathar.
<”So, what’s the game plan?”> The giant inquired, as he wondered what Talohn had in mind to kill the beast expectantly.

UeJaBns.png

Last edited:
S0Qh76f.png

I should have blown up her office, the Gambit made a note in Alora's log for review later. Really? The Shistavanen flipped it off for doing the woman a favor? Perhaps the woman should set an alarm next time, or become better accustomed to time management.

Alora smiled as she glanced down at the text message. Blown up Shai's office? Whatever for? Guess that meant the Wardog was awake though.

It wasn't terribly long afterward that Shai Maji Shai Maji bust in and plowed right into the meeting table. Alora's honeyed eyes went wide at such a boistrous entrance. Then with both hands over her belly the young Mandalorian doubled over in laughter. Ooh, no, Shai wasn't late. She arrived precisely when she meant to! Alora then straightened up and planted her hands on her hips. The woman's appearance said everything. At least to Alora as someone that spent far too much time tinkering on things in her mech bay or cyber lab.

"We were just discussing how we needed to up our Dock's game -- top of the line equipment to build ships of the line -- and increased security. Oh, and Tee, here, had an interesting idea about hiring an outsider that knew a thing or two about Naval combat and organization. At the very least we probably should get a consultant that knows what they're talking about. No reason we have to learn every lesson the hard way." Alora shrugged slightly before giving Tawnita Wren Tawnita Wren a look to see if the other woman had anything to add.

"This all in line with the agenda?" With a few quick dance steps, Alora crossed over toward Shai to try and get a peek at the woman's pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom