Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Beskar Epar,The Mandalorian Wyrm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
slawomir-maniak-sci-fi-fantasy-creature-art-images_zpskndwxjb1.jpg

Name: Beskar Epar, The Iron Eater, The Mandalorian Wyrm
Designation: Non-Sentient
Homeworld: Mandalore
Language: n/a
Average height of adults: Unknown, Adulthood reached at 20 Meters, Largest ever recorded was 300 Meters long
Skin color:
  • Pink flesh
  • Black Chitin Shell
Hair color: Black
Breathes: Type I and II
Strengths:
  • Incredibly strong chitin armor
  • Light Lightsaber resistance
  • Jaws and teeth strong enough to destroy beskar
  • Quick underground and above ground travel
  • Stomach acid strong enough to digest beskar
  • Can sense Beskar, metals, and other precious gems
    Beskar, the amount equivalent to a human fist can be sensed up to 11 Km away
  • Metal and Precious gems can be sensed up to 8 Km away

Weaknesses:
  • Mindlessly eats everything made of metal, even if it is obviously a weapon
  • Breeds slowly
  • Chitin weak to extremely concentrated plasma (Lightsabers, Starfighter-class lasers and blasters, high powered plasma torches/cutters)
  • Inability to swim
  • Must come up for air periodically
  • Lack conventional sight
  • Lack taste
Distinctions:
  • Extremely Durable Chitin (Armor 8)
  • Giant rotating maw of sharp, beskar piercing teeth
  • Beskar piercing mandibles (4 Meters at the start of adulthood)
  • Hundreds of legs (2 meters at the start of adulthood)
  • "Giant" body type
  • 4 Whip-like feeler tentacles (6+ Meters in Length at adult size)
  • Two Blowholes per 2 Meters of length (So an adult would have 10 blowholes, 5 on each side of the spine)
  • Black hairy sensory patch at the crown of the head
Average Lifespan: Once Born they live for 230~ GSY
Races: None
Estimated Population:
  • Uncommon - Concordia
  • Rare - Echoy'la
  • Legendary - Mandalore
Diet:
  • Beskar
  • Precious Gems/Stones
  • Various Metals and Metal Alloys
Communication:
  • Shrieks
  • Hisses
  • Growls
Culture: Being non-sentient, the Beskar Epar has no culture of its own. Even its impact on the current Mandalorian culture is minimal due to its sudden resurgence. Thousands of years ago however, the Beskar Epar was regarded as a kill as worthy, if not more so, than a Mythosaur and killing one single-handed regardless of the size, was seen as an impressive feat. Warriors of this small category often applied tattoos that represented the beast on their back or limbs, recognizing them as Beskar Epar Killers. As the mythosaur's time was coming to an end, the beasts were trapped and used as bait for the city-sized beasts. It was also thought of to use them as weapons of war against any of their future opponents, but it was determined that they were far too dangerous to attempt transport in space, especially considering they would be surrounded by food.
Technology level: None
General behavior: Beskar Epar are solitary creatures driven by the singular instinct to devour. It is unknown how or why this creature came about but it was thought to have been the main food source of the legendary Mythosaur in ancient times. Covered in a chitin almost as strong as the Beskar it devours, the Beskar Epar is completely left alone by any and all predators left on Mandalore, Concordia, and Echoy'la. Not only is it too large for any one predator to take down and move, but it is also simply too dangerous. With its long feelers it sends out magnetic signals that pinpoint any significant amount of metal (minimum size of object would be freighter sized), they became a huge pest in the Mandalorian's original conquest of the planet which nearly lead to their extinction thousands of years ago. Due to the way they reproduce though it is nearly impossible to cause the creature to go extinct.

Asexual reproduction provides the Beskar Epar an almost limitless number of spawn in the wild. However because of the recent scarcity of Beskar over the last few thousand years, the Beskar Epar have evolved so that only a few of them are active at a time. Scattered throughout the lower crust of Mandalore, Concordia and Echoy'la are small eggs about the size of pebbles. It is unexplained how, but once a Beskar Epar dies it is believed that a signal is sent out to nearby eggs. Because of they are such a long-lived species the eggs can last for hundreds if not thousands of years due to a powerful hybernative stasis. One or two and even rarely three eggs will then hatch introducing the small larva into the world where it digs and enjoys the smaller particles of metal and beskar within the planet's crust. It does this until it grows into its enormous size. Because it never stops eating though, similarly to the Mythosaur, it is believed that it will never stop growing as long as it has a food source, though the largest ever recorded in Mandalorian lore was rumored to have been nearly 400 meters just above ground with nearly double that presumed to be underground.

The beast digs underground using a combination of its claws and its powerful and sharp rotating jaw. It eats all the soil that it passes with filters in its body that catch any metal and pass the soil quickly through its digestive system. During this process the small amounts of groundwater that it picks up along with the soil and metal is taken in as well. When it needs to breath, the spine of the beast breaks ground, allowing a series of blowholes to expel dirt and debris, allowing it to breath. The larger the Epar, the more blowholes it has along its spine. It is for this reason that much of Mandalore's plains are so fertile despite being so far from rivers. Though they do not often fight, they sometimes are forced to when two Beskar Epar meet or when they are disturbed by Mandalorian drilling efforts. In combat they are ferocious killers, not afraid to toss anything and everything into their mouths or cut with their claws and trample with their feet.

Recently they have begun to pop up again throughout Mandalore, Concordia and Echoy'la, however they have all so far been under or around 100 meters in full length with some barely even exceeding ten above ground. It is unknown why egs began hatching again, though some believe it had something to do with the Great Vanishings that happened at the height of the One Sith-Republic war.

History: Originally from Mandalore, the Beskar Epar was thought to be extinct until the last one hundred years. A creature from the time of the Mythosaur they were hunted to believed extinction along with the Mythosaur. Not only were they pests to beskar miners, they also attracted the city sized Mythosaurs to Mandalorian settlements and cities. Lead by Mandalore the First, the Mandalorians rode into battle, drawing out and slaughtering both the Mythosaurs and most of the Beskar Epar. Little did they know that they brought with them the small eggs of the creatures. Luckily without any source of Beskar, the larva would die out on other worlds. But just before the Mandalorian Wars they began attacking on Concordia again. Once again they would be killed in long crusade against the worms.

For thousands of years they remained dormant. Recently however they have begun to attack once again on Echoy'la, Mandalore, and Concordia causing trouble for Mandalorian settlers who have now for a the last two hundred years been spreading out into the wild Frontier that is Mandalore. Thought to be extinct, the first sighting of these creatures was on the eve of the great Vanishings. For unknown reasons the beasts have returned. Some believe that it is a sign that the Mandalorian's time are coming to an end. Some see it as a challenge from the Manda. Others, like the Witches of Dathomir suspect it to be some sort of side effect of Akaala's destruction or her twisted plot. Either way, they have returned and once again challenge the Mandalorians for supremacy.
Notable Player-Characters: None
Intent: The Mandalorian faction decided to take a more story and lore oriented approach to their roleplays to entice writers to participate more. This submission is an attempt to flesh out the lore of the planets the Faction Admins saw as "Core Mandalorian Worlds" and thus contribute to the lore-based roleplay we are trying to encourage.

Gilamar Skirata said:
Breathes: All
Explain how they can breath all air types.

Gilamar Skirata said:
Jaws and teeth strong enough to destroy beskar
Is it the jaw's power that rips the beskar or the strength of the teeth?

Gilamar Skirata said:
Hundreds of legs
How long?

Gilamar Skirata said:
Beskar piercing mandibles and sickle-like claws
How long?

Gilamar Skirata said:
Extremely Durable Chitin (Armor 9)
Anything above Armor 8 needs a dev thread, do a dev thread where you fight one or something...or bump it down to 8.

Gilamar Skirata said:
Beskar Precious Gems/Stones Various Metals and Metal Alloys
No water? Where do they get their other nutrients?

Gilamar Skirata said:
Culture: [Describe general culture]
Please fill this in

Gilamar Skirata said:
anything from a necklaces to a military complex
If they can hear a metal necklace, that should be a strength and might require dev work

Gilamar Skirata said:
once a Beskar Epar dies it is believed that a signal is sent out to nearby eggs. Because of they are such a long-lived species the eggs can last for hundreds if not thousands of years
what do they eat? how do they...survive?

Gilamar Skirata

KeCholo said:
Explain how they can breath all air types.
Edited: Type I and II

KeCholo said:
Is it the jaw's power that rips the beskar or the strength of the teeth?
Both combined allow it to chew through beskar

KeCholo said:
How long?
KeCholo said:
How long?
This is difficult to answer because of this: "Because it never stops eating though, similarly to the Mythosaur, it is believed that it will never stop growing as long as it has a food source" So I can give a minimum length, but the length will always be proportional to the individuals. Does a minimum length work for you?

KeCholo said:
Anything above Armor 8 needs a dev thread,
Edited to 8

KeCholo said:
No water? Where do they get their other nutrients?
Edited: " During this process the small amounts of groundwater that it picks up along with the soil and metal is taken in as well." Outside of this, it gets everything it needs from the beskar, metals, and gems it eats.

KeCholo said:
Please fill this in
Added

KeCholo said:
If they can hear a metal necklace, that should be a strength and might require dev work
Its not hearing, in fact, they have terrible hearing. " Attracted by any significant amount of metal" Its more like the age old tale of sharks being attracted to blood. However, I edited it to this "With its long feelers it sends out magnetic signals that pinpoint any significant amount of metal (minimum size of object would be freighter sized)"

KeCholo said:
what do they eat? how do they...survive?
Eggs don't eat. BUT edited to: "the eggs can last for hundreds if not thousands of years due to a powerful hybernative stasis."

[member="KeCholo"]

Gilamar Skirata said:
Both combined allow it to chew through beskar
Could the average man swing one of these teeth and, if so, would it have enough force to break beskar?

Gilamar Skirata said:
This is difficult to answer because of this: "Because it never stops eating though, similarly to the Mythosaur, it is believed that it will never stop growing as long as it has a food source" So I can give a minimum length, but the length will always be proportional to the individuals. Does a minimum length work for you?
Yah

Gilamar Skirata said:
Its not hearing, in fact, they have terrible hearing. " Attracted by any significant amount of metal" Its more like the age old tale of sharks being attracted to blood. However, I edited it to this "With its long feelers it sends out magnetic signals that pinpoint any significant amount of metal (minimum size of object would be freighter sized)"
How far away can they feel an object of a freighter's size?

Gilamar Skirata

KeCholo said:
How far away can they feel an object of a freighter's size?
EDITED: 5 Miles, added stipulation for Beskar: Can sense beskar with the amount equaling that of an average human fist up to 7 Miles (will change to Metric n sub)

KeCholo said:
Edited

KeCholo said:
Could the average man swing one of these teeth and, if so, would it have enough force to break beskar?
Depends on the size, but generally speaking if cut down yes they could swing it, and no it would not be able to pierce Beskar with just the average sentient strength. So swinging it wound would be kinda boring. I guess it could be used as a pickaxe, but the Mandalorias wouldn't need it considering they've been mining beskar for thousands of years without the use of this creature's teeth

[member="KeCholo"]

Gilamar Skirata said:
EDITED: 5 Miles, added stipulation for Beskar: Can sense beskar with the amount equaling that of an average human fist up to 7 Miles (will change to Metric n sub)
Perhaps they could sense an amount of beskar around the size of a freighter from 7 miles away? and is it just beskar or all metals?

Gilamar Skirata

[member="KeCholo"]

KeCholo said:
Perhaps they could sense an amount of beskar around the size of a freighter from 7 miles away?
I based the distance off of that of the great white, which can smell even drops of blood from three miles away. I think its fair, using our own world as precedent and given its size that the distance is reasonable. But if in light of this information you still want me to change it I will.

KeCholo said:
and is it just beskar or all metals?
5 Miles, freighter sized for regular metals 7 miles for the beskar

[member="KeCholo"]

Gilamar Skirata said:
I based the distance off of that of the great white, which can smell even drops of blood from three miles away. I think its fair, using our own world as precedent and given its size that the distance is reasonable. But if in light of this information you still want me to change it I will.
Perhaps change it to the size of a human fist from whatever the metric equivalent of 3-4 miles is.

Make sure all your measurements are in metric.

Gilamar Skirata

[member="KeCholo"]

Any particular reason?

Please keep in mind that such a small range wouldn't make sense for such a large creature and beskar is not as abundant in the ground as other metals. Also keep in mind that a shark, about the size of a bus, can smell a single drop of blood in the ocean as far as 3 miles away.

EDIT: Yes, I was building this like a land shark

Gilamar Skirata

Gilamar Skirata said:
Chitin weak to extremely concentrated plasma (Lightsabers, Starfighter-class lasers and blasters, high powered plasma torches/cutters)
[member="KeCholo"]

UNEDITED - Reason:
Already under weaknesses

KeCholo said:
Also, will this be used as just an adversary to the mandolorians
Hopefully, also people that decide to "raid" Mandalore for Beskar could use this as an adversary as well.

KeCholo said:
or will it be used as a mount

Gilamar Skirata said:
but it was determined that they were far too dangerous to attempt transport

Also, you didn't answer my question,

Gilamar Skirata said:
Any particular reason? Please keep in mind that such a small range wouldn't make sense for such a large creature and beskar is not as abundant in the ground as other metals. Also keep in mind that a shark, about the size of a bus, can smell a single drop of blood in the ocean as far as 3 miles away.

Gilamar Skirata said:
Chitin weak to extremely concentrated plasma
You didn't answer my question. How long does it take to break?

Gilamar Skirata said:
Any particular reason? Please keep in mind that such a small range wouldn't make sense for such a large creature and beskar is not as abundant in the ground as other metals. Also keep in mind that a shark, about the size of a bus, can smell a single drop of blood in the ocean as far as 3 miles away.
It seems rather OP, and I don't want it to be used against any other PCs

Gilamar Skirata

[member="KeCholo"] It varies depending on the size of the beast.
Ie. I leave it to the discretion of the writter as this isn't meant for PvP and is made for PvE threads.

Also, don't misunderstand, while it can sense or smell or whatever you wish to call it, the beskar from so far away, it can't just teleport to where the beskar is. If the beskar is close enough to the surface you'll hear and feel it coming long before you see it

[member="Gilamar Skirata"]

Alright, I’m going to trust you here. I’ll approve this as is since it’s essentially a mini-boss as you label it.

However, if this is reported for misuse or any nonsense then out will come the red font and this will be re-reviewed.

Nice job, approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom