OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a general purpose blaster for Leea Pandac
- Image Source: Westar 55
- Canon Link: N/A
- Permissions: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Talohn Atar
- Affiliation: Leea Pandac
- Market Status: Closed-Market
- Model: Fire rate control attempt #657
- Modularity: Yes
- Production: Unique
- Material: Blaster components, Ion components, Duranium alloy parts, barrel coolant circulation parts
- Classification: Blaster/Ion
- Size: Small
- Weight: Light
- Ammunition Type: Power Cell
- Ammunition Capacity: Average
- Effective Range: Average
- Rate of Fire: Average/High
- Damage Output: Average
- Recoil: Low
- Fire Modes: Via a knob easily seen on the side of the weapon by the handle, this weapon is able to easily switch through multiple fire modes. It can go from semi auto to one of four options. 3 round burst, 6 round burst, full auto, and overcharge.
- Overcharge: The special feature of this weapon, it boosts the fire rate of the blaster from average to very high. Meant to be used in emergency situations, it empties the weapon's fuel cells with about 20 seconds of sustained fire meant to wipe out anything in it's path with the sheer amount of ammo being shot. It is recommended the user holds the weapon with two hands when using this.
- Ammo Variability: This weapon is able to take both blaster and ion fuel cells, allowing it to be effective against both droids and organics. A small button on the side of the weapon allows for instant ejection of the fuel cell, allowing for the user to easily switch between ammunition types.
- Coolant Circulation: Using an extremely cold nature gas from caves on the surface of kestri that circulates through small tubes within the blaster, this weapon is able to prevent itself from overheating, making ammunition the only concern the user has to worry about.
- Masterful Balancing: When forging the alloy and metal parts for this weapon, Talohn made sure tomake key parts weigh more than others in order to balance it properly and minimize recoil when firing.
- Ammo Consumption: It is recommended that the user carry extra fuel cells on them when making use of this weapon. While it is manageable in semi auto firing mode, the other fire modes consume fuel cells quickly, particularly overcharge.
Much like Leea's armor, Talohn forged this unique blaster as a gift to welcome Leea into the enclave. He had been experimenting with easy fire rate switching for a while. It was an easy enough task on it's own, but the issue he found was with overheating. Using a gas he found in the ice caves on Kestri, he mitigated the overheating issue, allowing the weapon to support a higher rate of fire than it's size would typically allow. With this discovery, he finished the weapon. Made as a gift to Leea, it is also possibly the first successful creation in Talohn's experimentation with self cooling weapons.