Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion STANDOFF | Bryn'adûl Invasion of SJC held Lexrul, Ruusan, Sev Tok & Shador

tenor.gif

omw​

The Epitaph crashed into the city, creature a hundred metre crater in a circumference around its landed position. Again and again the humans proved to be the apes they acted like. Primitive creatures who never understand it wasn't just another man coming in the night for them. They were Bryn'adûl, they were strength. They did not adhere to the base and ignorant tactical conventions of the rest of this limited and naïve Galaxy. Their walls meant nothing, their cries would mean nothing. Every death of a child, the horror of every sorrowful mother. The blood was on their hands. This would be the price paid for their weakness. First Sev Tok, then the real prize. Kashyyk. But they had a battle to win first.

Hey Tathra Khaeus Tathra Khaeus . I'll give you the size of the crater, because I can see that I mis-read your post. But you literally said that the Epitaph CRASHED into the city. Crashing is not, by definition, "land[ing] relatively smoothly."

Tathra Khaeus Tathra Khaeus Going back to your post you make another reference to the relative speed that the Epitaph is moving. (And yes, I see that you've edited the crashing part of your post.)

The Warship itself rocketing downward through the remains of the Concord vessel, some of the crew of the bridge thrown from their stations.

So while yes, you do mention is slowing down:

The Epitaph began to push through the city shield, losing a sixth of its speed as it pierced through the blue veil.

What is the relative speed of rocketing? Because that sounds pretty friggin fast. So what is losing a sixth of the speed of pretty friggin fast? Probably still a little on the fast side. So I really think I can be forgiven for assuming that something that was described to be rocketing and crashing hit pretty hard. You're making it sound like I'm just completely disregarding your post, but these are the words YOU WROTE. Clarity is super important in invasion posts.

And for added reference, if we look at your submission for the ship in question we have: a speed rating of:

• Speed Rating: Extreme

And

• Ready for some Speed, Schutta: For a vessel of its size, the Burrower is an incredibly fast orbital descent vessel. Using the Errindak to propel itself downward into a descent, crashing into the surface.

Can we see the overarching theme here? If not, it's speed.

So if you want to write that the ship landed smoothly, you're going to need to be very specific about how smoothly. Otherwise, based on what you wrote, I feel that it's only fair for those of us reading to assume that it's moving pretty darn fast.

That all being said, if you want to go back and edit your post to add some clarity about exactly how fast it impacts the ground and what you feel would be the appropriate level of damage inflicted therein, I will be happy to edit my post accordingly.

Thanks!

Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr

I'd understand that request had the post itself not already stated that the extent of the damage was a 100m crater. But forget the smoothly thing, poor choice of words on my part.

Look at the end of the day, its not a big deal and not worth anyone getting mad over.

The rest of the posts have been great to read so far so, lets just keep it rollling.

EDIT: Also if my previous message implied you ignored the whole post, I apologise. Was late at night for me and I don't articulate so well so late. xD

Last edited:
Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr

I'd understand that request had the post itself not already stated that the extent of the damage was a 100m crater. But forget the smoothly thing, poor choice of words on my part.

Look at the end of the day, its not a big deal and not worth anyone getting mad over.

The rest of the posts have been great to read so far so, lets just keep it rollling.

EDIT: Also if my previous message implied you ignored the whole post, I apologise. Was late at night for me and I don't articulate so well so late. xD
That's totally fair. I will say that I too was just coming off a 14 hour shift, so I probably took the tone of your message the wrong way. Won't be able to edit until tonight, but I will. As you said, let's keep it moving!

All the best and I'll let you know when the edits are made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom