Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion STANDOFF | Bryn'adûl Invasion of SJC held Lexrul, Ruusan, Sev Tok & Shador

Zemira Zemira
It was agreed upon that the SJC forces in Anvil would be 200k spread across a 10k city, but never was it stated that they would be numerically inferior. In fact, I made it clear there was no guarantee of that. I have a screenshot from our planning group DM stating as much.

I am not dictating, though. As can be seen here in this Sev Tok planning document.

sH0kKzm.png

From the 19th, here is me summarising the discussion on the defences of Anvil.

vVWA41o.png

And, seeing as none of those numerical details were actually in the planner document, I added them so that when I shared it with my own writers it would have the relevant information for their own posts.

jfrVH92.png

And here I am, asking if those details were good to go. Which I remind the 200k was the number of native defenders that was agreed upon, decided upon by yourself and Thurion. A number which was confirmed as appropriate even after I stated no promises on having a greater amount . This was also stated as the base defenders as the majority of which would be native militia, rather than Concord forces.

So, I am not dictating things beyond following what was agreed upon.

Thurion told you about our proposed initial numbers here:
ev0kk9M.png

Which then, yes, you said you couldn't promise that you would outnumber us:
9xQtUes.png

However, in your post you claim that we more than double your number. That was not agreed upon and is against the narrative we had spoken to you about. Of course, you are under no obligation to say that you outnumbered us and you fairly told us you couldn't promise this. But we never agreed on you being outnumbered more than twice over.

Also, Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield should be able to confirm this but I don't think there was any mention of whether the military personnel in the city were natives or not.

Post #2
iz7EkG1.png

I am not dictating, though. As can be seen here in this Sev Tok planning document.

I don't know what went on prior to all this or if this document is all that's been discussed, so forgive me if I step out of line here.

But why are there only details regarding the city, its defenses and the SJC numbers? Was there no information shared by the Bryn? It seems incredibly one-sided, since all that's know about the attackers is "make landfall". Everything else is connected to the SJC. I've been asking questions in the server multiple times because I found the narrative vague, but if this is all that was known about the attackers I understand why.

Again, I don't know what went on so if I'm wrong please correct me. But it feels a bit weird reading this.

Zemira Zemira Tathra Khaeus Tathra Khaeus Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield

Zemira Zemira

I don't see how it is counter as the being outnumbered prospect was not touched on further, nor did Bryn agree to outnumbering or equalling your forces. Niether do you need to agree to us being outnumbered.

Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala
You are correct no numbers or specific details given by our side. Nor are we required to give out specfic details. In my experience is par for the course for defences to be fleshed out so that the OPs can give an overall understanding of the circumstances of the invasion at the beginning.

Mig Gred Mig Gred

Hiya Mig!

You're definitely right that Earth deserts are a land of total extremes and most are renowned for having blisteringly hot days and chilling nights, but there are a few things to point out here.

For one: This is a space planet, and there's a very real possibility that there are two suns orbiting it which could contribute to the desert landscape. As such, it may not be particularly cold at any given time. Of course, that's just speculation, because very little is officially written about the world or the solar system.

For two: The Draelvasier, like many intelligent races, do wear clothing, so it shouldn't prove to be too terrible a hindrance. After all: people can walk through deserts too for a while.

Most importantly though is that during the official SJO Dominion of the world, the rough temperature of the planet was remarked as "a pleasant spring day"

So - presumably, while real-world deserts are terrible, Sev Tok is just low on moisture, but otherwise fairly amicable temperature-wise. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom