Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion Should we remove the Major Faction system entirely?

I'm new.. o.o so, not really sure.. but it doesn't sound like something good.
When I started to RP I did go through a LOT of factions, before picking one to join. So it wasn't as thou I didn't know they existed or anything.

Grand Shepherd Burtch

Fleet Commander For The Nomadic Peoples Coalition
Just spitballing, as I am not the most experienced player on the board, obviously, but here’s my two cents anyways.

I would suggest just tightening up restrictions on the requirements for major factions applications and activity checks. Speaking from my experience with the Elysium Empire, the current, lower standards allow for stagnant faction activity and less diligent leadership. If higher standards are implemented, you only get leaders with higher energy, and they are more motivated to maintain it. And if there are only two functional major factions, one functional faction, or none, that is a realistic story as well, as world domination and total chaos are legitimate RP settings. We don’t need 12 influence clouds for a fun RP setting, and if the few active majors aren’t to your liking, join an active minor.

There should be a case study on RP post quantity and it's relation to how likely someone wants to blow up all the majors. Always seems like the people who don't actually write want it all burnt to the ground.
Granted I can only speak for me, but I burned out due to non RP personal issues, but I remember my time in major factions as at best a 'meh' experience. Never felt like anything I did really added anything to the faction or influenced the direction in any meaningful way. So yea nuke something that has no real use, burn it all and leave those who can't let go to cry over the field of ashes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom