Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion Should we remove the Major Faction system entirely?

I have no idea who u are, u'r probably very powerful here.. on this lil thing.. but as an admin, you should be ashamed of yourself. Either you have NO IDEA WHAT TOXICITY IS, or you are completely bias toward Sith role players. For w/e tf reason

Calling me powerful here. Manufacturing fake outrage. Assuming you can reduce my ten+ year history with Sith writers to “one rp bs”.

Go touch grass bro, you’re exactly the type of person I’m talking about. 5 seconds of my sccchmack talk have you yelling “be ashamed” and reduced to infancy.

Just like ALL THE OTHER SITH WRITERS, YEAH THATS RIGHT IM WRITIST AGAINST SITH WRITERS and I’m quadrupling down on it I’ll never change.

Uhhhh Oman, it may been a bit of sarcasm, like a joke? I know Empyrean...he was Darth Malipant before his current name change though when he changed it I forget.

Since I am a bit down the rabbit hole and your new, might as well burn part of it, do a tiny bit of educating. I was for a little bit part of the Sith Empire which was the major faction before this one. At the time, it had gotten...shall we say a bit of a reputation. When about three Major Factions invade and another one decides to block with three hexes in the way, you probably can put two and two together. People were not happy, they came with the mob and kindof burnt part of it to the ground till they decided to shelve it. They moved obviously to the other side of the galaxy which was possibly the best move they can make. Ask Malipant on more details on this, he is better at the story than I am.

Now...I am a Sith writer, I love the ideology of the Sith and those that can play around with different ideas. Problem is at times, it became far less Sith and more or less...drama and social group circles. I don't even remember if I interacted with anyone in the Sith Empire when I roleplayed...hell even when I tried with the Sith Order with a reworked character in a public thread...to try things out. Nothing. Perhaps I will try at another thread I noticed is Public but with zero posts...see if that makes any difference this time around.

But yeah, I need to stop moping and keep handing out torches.

BURN DOWN THE MAJOR FACTIONS!...ah crap the mob is back.

7H9w.gif

Calling me powerful here. Manufacturing fake outrage. Assuming you can reduce my ten+ year history with Sith writers to “one rp bs”.

Go touch grass bro, you’re exactly the type of person I’m talking about. 5 seconds of my sccchmack talk have you yelling “be ashamed” and reduced to infancy.

Just like ALL THE OTHER SITH WRITERS, YEAH THATS RIGHT IM WRITIST AGAINST SITH WRITERS and I’m quadrupling down on it I’ll never change.

I don;t gotta know your life story, to read what you saying NOW, and compare that to people I'm spending good part of the day with. And to see that what you saying is not true.

I heard that Sith are getting "toxic" rep, and it was insane to me..

"People like me".. see you might have a point there, if there was more people like me in Sith Order(don't know about other groups, talking just about one), but there aren't.. they are so good and kind and mindful its bit irritating. Cus I am not like that.

Sith writers don't deserve rights.

Uhhhh Oman, it may been a bit of sarcasm, like a joke? I know Empyrean...he was Darth Malipant before his current name change though when he changed it I forget.

Since I am a bit down the rabbit hole and your new, might as well burn part of it, do a tiny bit of educating. I was for a little bit part of the Sith Empire which was the major faction before this one. At the time, it had gotten...shall we say a bit of a reputation. When about three Major Factions invade and another one decides to block with three hexes in the way, you probably can put two and two together. People were not happy, they came with the mob and kindof burnt part of it to the ground till they decided to shelve it. They moved obviously to the other side of the galaxy which was possibly the best move they can make. Ask Malipant on more details on this, he is better at the story than I am.

Now...I am a Sith writer, I love the ideology of the Sith and those that can play around with different ideas. Problem is at times, it became far less Sith and more or less...drama and social group circles. I don't even remember if I interacted with anyone in the Sith Empire when I roleplayed...hell even when I tried with the Sith Order with a reworked character in a public thread...to try things out. Nothing. Perhaps I will try at another thread I noticed is Public but with zero posts...see if that makes any difference this time around.

But yeah, I need to stop moping and keep handing out torches.

BURN DOWN THE MAJOR FACTIONS!...ah crap the mob is back.

7H9w.gif

Ok, so if it WAS, in past tense, why still call them toxic? But ok..yes, I'm new so I'll stfu.
But people I know are ridiculously opposite from toxic.

Astrid Ylva

A
How about no Factions?

Small fringe elements. No big superweapons, no massive fleets - good, old fashioned, exploration and wonder.

Ok, so if it WAS, in past tense, why still call them toxic? But ok..yes, I'm new so I'll stfu.
But people I know are ridiculously opposite from toxic.

Lmao, yeah keep doubting me in favor of the anonymous internet strangers you only know through discord text messages. You’ve never even seen their faces, shared a beer.

Be careful with these transactional relationships, your naive worldview tells me you’re a sucka and internet wannabe predators drink that shit up.

were you looking for something constructive or..?

I really, honest take, don't see a difference in the writing experience on a micro-scale between major factions existing or not (as in day-to-day threads that are between two characters, as I'm pretty sure are the vast majority of the posts made on the forum but I could be wrong) - except some minor confusion that would take place initially. On a macro level we're writing out characters in a futuristic setting where there's been established governments and organizations that have actual territory and the heart of Star Wars is in the politics of the writing (i.e; corruption in the Republic leading to the fascist Empire and the subsequent rebellion against that.. and I guess the inevitable return to fascism under weak liberalism in regards to the sequel trilogy but idk if disney was actually intentionally doing that or if it was a happy accident); governments, as much as they're background noise a lot of times on a smaller level of writing, matter in the overarching connections between individual character narratives.

The most direct being not knowing what form of governance would exist on a given planet if there's not a faction ran by players dictating their presence on the map, which may not matter in threads that are very personal and have no ambitions greater than slice-of-life writing but do matter in virtually every other setting.

Obviously this could be addressed by whatever process the removal of major factions involves, i.e; a static map with static governments with no ability to change their influence and no ability for wars and the like to happen that have any lasting consequence in a way that a writer interested in that sort of story would care about, or straight up removal of any governments across the map with each planet being self-governed and no system-spanning governments so all conflicts are inherently small as a consequence of that.

It wouldn't be too big of a deal for me, personally, to pivot completely from any ambitious ideas from a character standpoint but I do see quite a few people who exclusively write military-based characters whose roles only exist because of the major faction system (i.e; war-posting, both in the npc sense and the general idea of being in a warzone). But, again, to me, and that's the only perspective I'm going to look at this from, this just causes me to change the scale/scope of what sorts of characters I will write, right now I exclusively have been writing characters that get involved in big galactic events but in the past I've done the opposite so it's just a matter of switching gears.

if this was non-serious and just another attempt to rile everyone up then go off king, I have been enjoying reading the back and forth between my last comment and this one.

We could do some renaming. Major Faction and Minor Faction are both MF, which can also stand for... other things. This can be kinda confusing. We could call Major Factions just Factions and call Minor Factions something else. Like Clubs or Groups, except less lame.

I dunno, I kinda like saying “Minors dont have rights at Chaos” or “Lets get rid of all the Minors”.

I also like that it gives people trouble for not having a cool acronym and instead we have to spend that tiny bit extra effort out to say Major or Minor. Imagine actually typing words, I hate it too, but its like a self-hatred where I want you all paying penance with me.

Make the Major Faction leader position into committee like gathering of 'Story Admins'. Major Factions are now less about competitive mega threads with thrice the OOC drama, instead the map is just a statement of the current setting in which everyone RPs, and become set dressing for everyone's stories they actually want to write.

Nothing stopping Story Admins from creating a thread where 'everything is in the balance' and they decide who won so as to guide the next chapter of the set dressing.

I like this because it makes something like Sith control of the galaxy, another Jedi purge, an Old Republic scenario, Jedi becoming required to be registered, eh...yah know...Story states that could really change things up.

Make the Major Faction leader position into committee like gathering of 'Story Admins'. Major Factions are now less about competitive mega threads with thrice the OOC drama, instead the map is just a statement of the current setting in which everyone RPs, and become set dressing for everyone's stories they actually want to write.

Nothing stopping Story Admins from creating a thread where 'everything is in the balance' and they decide who won so as to guide the next chapter of the set dressing.

I like this because it makes something like Sith control of the galaxy, another Jedi purge, an Old Republic scenario, Jedi becoming required to be registered, eh...yah know...Story states that could really change things up.
Hmm... I kinda like where this is going. Might be interesting.

Did you stop to think that maybe the people in major factions enjoy the big threads, action and map game?

Also dunno what drama you on about, stuff's been coolio for the past year and a half at least.

Major factions get map game. Minor factions get left alone to do their own thing where peeps can't bother them. Happy medium where everyone is happy. The board is definitely super quiet on a major scale atm but you can contribute that to a nasty case of irl for a lot of us and/or a hell of a grind most of the majors put in between now and 2021

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom