Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Should SWRP Staff Admins be able to lead Major Factions?

Should admins be able to lead major factions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

I understand what you're saying - Yes. It may seem backwards. I've just got a different perspective.

I'm not going to air all the dirty laundry but there was a reason this rule was put in place. That it's existed and persisted for so long and not just "we were too lazy to change it" over the years. Why it took ages to discuss even letting moderators be on staff teams, let alone, Administration.

You're right In this too. Rumors do circulate but there is no need to potentially add fuel to that fire when writing together is what matters. Not an extra title. You can accomplish very similar outcomes with Staff led events that are geared at inviting the entirety of the community if the goal is to interact and drum up excitement.

Administrators have a job to do (even though it's a hobby).

Things like this just make it harder for us to do it effectively and maintain community trust to the best of our ability. Some of us may have an easier time of it than others but at the end it the day - The end result is the same.

writing together is what matters

But is it really writing together if someone, even an Admin, is limitied from writing something they actively can and want to do?

It is not the same. It's not really a title so much as actively writing a major faction to impact the board game, make those big stories like you see with the Second Great Hyperspace War.

It's not writing together. There will be rumors either way, but this way is actively not writing together.

Nah, Site Staff need to be impartial. Faction Owners and Staff are not impartial.

We need to appear impartial. There is a difference, but I ultimately agree with the vibe.

Its like the word “perfection”, it can’t ever be truly attained, but you can aim for it.

But this is also like, an rp forum, man. The bar is a lot lower than a court room, yfeelme.

I still want to know wtf was posting this poll to people who havent rped in years

What old discord was talkin about us

Why

Come on down dont be shy the waters warm dawg

There’s like 10 no’s by you no posting, multi-account voting hatewatchers.

I aint forgot u bby

That's what we signed up for, chief.

We take the L so you don't have to. In a perfect world where everything was 100% transparent and our intent could always, easily, be realized? Yeah. I'd be all for it. But things don't work that way.

When I write I certainly don't feel like I'm writing alone. It's a collaborative effort with the people I'm engaging. The "major stories" that you've mentioned didn't require an Admin to run it to make it successful and nothing stopped us from participating in the capacity of a member. Writing as a member is engaging. It is writing.

This decision shouldn't take away from that.

I still want to know wtf was posting this poll to people who havent rped in years

What old discord was talkin about us

Why

Come on down dont be shy the waters warm dawg

There’s like 10 no’s by you no posting, multi-account voting hatewatchers.

I aint forgot u bby

A lot of the old discords still get our announcements... They saw you removed Dom Post requirements and brought back company tiers and it was like cat nip.

Ig yeah you can just step down. It's still wild tho.

Tefka can't tho so rip him.

cover1.jpg

Flip side:

Lower bar means lower stakes in a game you spend no money in.

Well, Tathra Khaeus Tathra Khaeus says that like I intend to lower that bar myself.

Just to be absolutely clear, I need people to really understand this one when engaging with me im conversation.

I don’t find anything RP related serious, lol.

I think in ten years, I got madge and ejected from a thread, and that was year one.

I have waged intergalactic war against the largest of egos and survived unscathed, I have moderated countless roleplays, performed countless judgements, far more than anyone save perhaps Valiens. I’ve ran an incredibly successful roleplay forum in all that while, and its all because of one underlining attribute.

Its not serious.

Roleplaying is fun to me. Not serious.

Writing is fun to me. Not serious.

Pushing the buttons of other MFOs with IC antics. Not serious.

Running a roleplay hype train through the neighborhood? Super fun, but ultimately not serious.

Adminning CAN BE serious, though. But for the most part, we just kick out the smelly, rude players from the local game shop that make everything unfun for the majority of others. Thats a majority of what Adminning is. Being serious for yall, on occasion, as needed.

But for me, being an MFO, a roleplayer, a writer. Thats not serious.

So ofc by this logic, writers say yes, Staff says no. It makes sense, and I understand it. If the rule stays in place, which it looks like it will, I will find a way to serve all interests. Because thats the serious part of the gig.

Then I’ll do a whole lot of not being serious. Not a big deal.

Also, suggestion forum?

Not serious.

I'd definitely say no, for a lot of the same reasons others have voiced their opinion leaning that way. Conspiracy theory stuff aside, which I wasn't even aware was a thing, it just feels like there should be some space of separation between the people in charge of the site, and upholding the rules and regulations of the site, with the people running the factions. It's not a dig at any of those people, by any means, but there is definitely a conflict of interest that can—and probably would—arise when you're no longer just a part of said Faction, but it's actually something you have devoted countless hours of your time in to running and fine tuning.

There is the wider community reception, especially if you're someone that can generate a very strong following, which can then not only taint the reputation of the Faction, but of the admin or staff themselves; thus drawing even more undue drama into their life than may already exist. There could be issues of favoritism not just from outside of that faction, but directly in it.

If you're one of the top posters of the group, if you're one of the top creators or a large driving force in that community—could the admin impartially punish you if they needed to? Even if it meant that person would leave? Would the rest of the group then begin forming conspiracy theories around random story teams or particular writers as well? Just adding even more vitriol and drama that doesn't necessarily need to exist in the first place?

It doesn’t seem at all, as things are now, that Admins or Staff struggle in any fashion to participate in the places that they want to within any story. But it does absolutely seem like it’d probably just add fuel to fires that seem to exist already, while also, more than likely, creating a whole new forest to burn.

I'm not sure how to really articulate this but I'm going to give it a shot anyhow.

I already trust the admins. I also trust that the admins keep one another honest. So with those two ideas I don't see how something of a bit lesser responsibility would be a risk.

Then again I come from a RPs where the faction leaders were already admins as a pre-requisite or at the minimum mods. Maybe it wouldn't work for SWRP I don't really know. Come to think about those RPs haven't lasted a decade so maybe there's something to it?

Tefka disclaimer:
I have RPd. I've RPd. Stay away don't bully. I've RP'd don't meme me. I've really done it.
RPSafetyCircle.png

and of course i post on my story account instead of my writer because i was searching for proof of my deeds.. fail

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom