Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Should SWRP Staff Admins be able to lead Major Factions?

Should admins be able to lead major factions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I always figured the rule was created not because admins would actually be prone to bias and abusing their power, and more because of the paranoia of members fearing that they would be biased and abuse their power. Essentially its a rule put in place because of salt in hopes of decreasing salt?

Anyway, I admit I feel more comfortable with the site admins being separate entities from faction admins. And yeah, since you reinstated invasion judgments it doesn't make much sense to me to get rid of a rule that exists primarily because of invasion judgments.

For the record, no, since we are now judging invasions how can we do this fairly that way?

Serious OOC Answer To My 10 Year Long SWRP Admin Partner: We already have Admins sit out of judgements when compromised, this wouldn't be any different, but we could come up with extra protections if necessary. Plus, I've already done one Major Faction in my tenure, and we had no issues (that I'm aware of) then. I did announce I was stepping down for that period, but as we all know, I can't be fully ejected from Staff - it's physically impossible, without giving up ownership to something I've paid for and built for 10 years.

Answer For The Members: BOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST MEBOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST MEBOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST MEBOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST MEBOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST MEBOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST MEBOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST MEBOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST MEBOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST MEBOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST MEBOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST MEBOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST MEBOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST MEBOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST MEBOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST MEBOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST MEBOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST MEBOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST MEBOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST MEBOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST MEBOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST MEBOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST MEBOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST MEBOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST MEBOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST ME BOOST ME

I vote no until Connel Vanagor Connel Vanagor is banned. Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania is forced to apologize to me for her actions on Exegol and Valery Noble Valery Noble declares me grandmaster of the jedi order. Also Jand Talo Jand Talo is forced to admit he is a blueberry. Then a Tegan wins rule is made where I win every dominion, invasion, and annihilation I'm in.....then I will change my vote to yes.

My vote is adaptable like that.

Serious OOC Answer To My 10 Year Long SWRP Admin Partner Continued: Statistically speaking, of the trouble I've been in with Staff over the years, 0% of it has been because I was leading a Major Faction. I'd argue I'd be more of a positive influence on my fellow MFOs, with my experience roleplaying, leading, and nonchalant attitude. I literally don't care lmao. What're you gonna do, delete me off my own map. I'll just get back on it after my 30 days and keep roleplaying. Plus, that sounds hella fun. Chain invasion me? Who cares it sounds fun. Half of these factions act like discord social circles anyways, which is not something I'm interested in engaging in. And if an MFO bullies me you can bet I'm gonna snitch, on god.

We always argue to let people try new things, if it's not too egregious, and if it doesn't pan out then just pull the plug. Also, historically speaking, I don't last more than 4-5 months as an MFO, though we only have 1-2 examples to go off of. If Staff thinks its something serious to discuss, discuss it! I'll abide by a decision, I don't mind.

Answer For The Members: The Last Jedi isn't as bad as Valery Noble Valery Noble 's droid character and I'll die on that hill also Connel Vanagor Connel Vanagor is 100% gone by the morning unless he votes yes

I don’t see the issue. Just be responsible and communicate with your fellow writers like as normal. If there is an issue, sleep on it and then come back with a fresh outlook and an honest attempt to work it out. At the end of the day, we are all here to have fun.

We will either find a way, or make one.
Serious OOC Answer To My 10 Year Long SWRP Admin Partner Continued: Statistically speaking, of the trouble I've been in with Staff over the years, 0% of it has been because I was leading a Major Faction. I'd argue I'd be more of a positive influence on my fellow MFOs, with my experience roleplaying, leading, and nonchalant attitude. I literally don't care lmao. What're you gonna do, delete me off my own map. I'll just get back on it after my 30 days and keep roleplaying. Plus, that sounds hella fun. Chain invasion me? Who cares it sounds fun. Half of these factions act like discord social circles anyways, which is not something I'm interested in engaging in. And if an MFO bullies me you can bet I'm gonna snitch, on god.

We always argue to let people try new things, if it's not too egregious, and if it doesn't pan out then just pull the plug. Also, historically speaking, I don't last more than 4-5 months as an MFO, though we only have 1-2 examples to go off of. If Staff thinks its something serious to discuss, discuss it! I'll abide by a decision, I don't mind.

Answer For The Members: The Last Jedi isn't as bad as Valery Noble Valery Noble 's droid character and I'll die on that hill also Connel Vanagor Connel Vanagor is 100% gone by the morning unless he votes yes
Check the votes, boss. I already did. ;-)

I don't lean one way or the other, but I think if I was in that kind of position I'd want to be explicit with faction members that we'd all be under a microscope come invasion time.

Yeah, it's pretty much what happened every invasion with MU.

I mean it's not ideal, I kinda understand it, but not really, it's whatever. The bias jokes will flow too, but like, on a real note, things are pretty chill rn. We got some chill leaders out there too. And loads of chill writers. People just want RP.

Lets just like, I dunno, roleplay. And generate more rp. I'm excellent at it. And inspire others to rp. Literally made a whole website for it.

Also I'm very likeable and funny and a 3rd degree hypnotist and you are changing your no vote to a yes.

It sounds fine in theory but only in theory.

Admins can participate with factions, give ideas, lift them and members up without this. We can help generate cool RP without directly leading the pack. There's nothing at all about not being MFO that stops us (or anyone else) from being a positive influence.

It's not a question of having been successful with it before. I can see the hype. I love hype but ... I will have an unpopular opinion, but, my vote needs to be a hard negative.

It sounds fine in theory but only in theory.

Admins can participate with factions, give ideas, lift them and members up without this. We can help generate cool RP without directly leading the pack. There's nothing at all about not being MFO that stops us (or anyone else) from being a positive influence.

It's not a question of having been successful with it before. I can see the hype. I love hype but ... I will have an unpopular opinion, but, my vote needs to be a hard negative.

That strikes me as very backwards. If it's something you do anyway, what's it matter if an admin is a MFO?

Truly, what does it change, other than the conspiracy theories people have about x admin hates me and thus my faction is always going to loose. Weirdly that happens anyway so;

What does it change?

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
All of our admins our fair and wonderful people. While all of them are capable of running a faction there will always be a perceived bias. In some cases the potential to actually stifle RP and take members away from other factions simply because of the appeal of writing in a site admin run faction could prove to be counterintuitive.

Admins are also judging invasions, which will generate a perceived bias, like it or not. I am also of the opinion that moderators should not be permitted to serve on faction staff. I know it had been both ways in the past, but with invasion judgements returning, dominion rule changes, the need for mods to judge things again may become a priority once more.

It’s a hard no from me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom