Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Should SWRP Staff Admins be able to lead Major Factions?

Should admins be able to lead major factions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
200w.gif

Voted absolutely don't give a kark.

I can see the pros and cons, people will always find issues/declare biases when invasion judgements come out. Especially when they lose.

If this was proposed before the announcements of invasions being judged again, then I would be more open to the idea since there wouldn't be as much of an issue.

It is more, if a mod or admin staff member did get the position of faction admin or faction owner, won an invasion or two, then got harassed by some of the saltier community members, how could it impact them. Especially sometimes our words can hurt more than we think or mean them to.

So, I wouldn't scream aloud or throw a tantrum if this happened, be cool to see what ideas for a faction the staff had. However, there are legitimate concerns about a very shouty, salty minority having lasting impacts on people.

Been a faction owner, been on staff, been in the chat rooms of people who were paranoid staff were doing things to suppress their success (?) and in rooms with people who somehow thought they were being given an easy route out - while also knowing the full picture to know that the paranoid and overconfident people were both wrong.

I don't really care one way or another if a faction owner is an admin or not - I also don't really care if one invasion or even 4 of them get tampered with by one admin with a vendetta, which has happened completely absent of them being on a major faction's staff team already. Every time an admin or RPJ (I guess moderator now) has done something for the benefit of or to the deficit to a faction on the site it has been both discovered and dealt with. If a major faction is going to be an admin, though, then make the punishment for doing something to benefit their major faction (as in abusing their role as a member of staff) an instant ban from the site and a permanent ban from being in any moderation role on the site again (all the way from factory/codex judges all the way to the tippiest top).

This notion that an admin is somehow going to do something bad is missing the point that factions far outlive the consequences of a single thread or even ten. The only way a faction is going to actually see tangible benefits, lasting benefits, from having a corrupt admin as their faction owner is by the entirety of staff sitting back and doing nothing while it happens.

The only person I don't see suitable as a faction owner is Tefka Tefka because nobody can actually adequately punish him if he was to, for whatever reason, be corrupt.

skin, bone, and arrogance
I know this isn't a real thread and is just a baroque flirting ritual between Valery Noble Valery Noble and Tefka Tefka but if it were a real thread: absolutely not. There's been a lot of talk about "perception" being reality in the last several years and it stinks to high heaven to have a rule and then change it when it stops being convenient. Either don't have the rule and let the chips fall where they may, or don't have the rule.

Uh, its kinda a real thread.

Its as real as you want it to be. Kinda like roleplay.

Also, we can flirt anytime, Natasi Fortan Natasi Fortan . I know you get jealous easily and require more maintenance than the other gals. If you’d like your own drama threads just ask, I usually have one or two topics preloaded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom