Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Shadow Empire: Weavers of Fate | EE Dominon of Hirsi

Death before dishonour!
RvjczWh.png

RG6gBiM.png

YbCOyAa.png

Hirsi, a rather dead world that has not been able to regenerate after what has happened here for many centuries. Of course, that doesn’t mean there’s no life on the planet, it’s just not significant. Nothing can be mined from here anymore, the place is not really suitable for farming or animal husbandry. The old mining activities really ruined the planet, poisoned it. Only flora and fauna remained here that were able to withstand or adapt to this.

Centuries have passed, and there have been settlers on the planet ever since, trying to thrive here despite the bad conditions. Mostly monks, those who longed for solitude or came here to punish themselves. And last but not least, the planet is perfect for military exercises. And the Eternal Empire's fleet and army, for this reason for the difficult and bad circumstances, assigned Hirsi as the location for the next military exercise.

From the planet, upon, rather after the arrival, it also turned out that there is a larger settlement on the planet, near a mine, where there was also a crashed starship…

dRUm20K.png

Objectives

Objective 1: Military Exercise
VcYOeW5.png
It is always important for a military state that the army and fleet are in good condition when deployed, which is why a difficult terrain has been chosen on the planet where the exercise can be carried out.
On the ground various venomous gases, hot air eruptions and giant worms attacking huge people make the terrain difficult, and there is also a lot of quicksand in the area. It was far from easy. The task is simple, to survive, to get to the other end of the valley, to bring an Eternal Imperial flag and return it to the base. The terrain back and forth is ten kilometres long.
Pilots in the air didn’t have an easy time either, there are constant electrical storms in the area and ion discharges that make the place very dangerous. The soil is high in iron and causes magnetism, making radars and scanners difficult to operate. They have to thrive in a difficult place dotted with mountains and rocks.

Objective 2: The Survivors
OnN40NJ.png
At the edge of one of the seas, or a large lake, away from the site of the military exercise, the scouts found a settlement built halfway into a crashed large transport ship and halfway into an abandoned ancient mine. The locals have lived here for almost two hundred years, with a population of roughly two to three thousand. However, a bigger concern is that most people are sick, seriously ill. They have been poisoned by the environment, and the locals are unwilling to leave the planet or accept help from outsiders because they do not trust them. But if they stay here, they will all die. They cannot be taken away by force, so they need to be persuaded to accept help or they have to be allowed to relocate them to another, more habitable world.

Objective 3: The Weavers
pBvQqeX.png
There was even some interesting information from the locals that there is a hermit community on the planet, members of an alien species. They usually help the locals with herbs and decoctions. Last but not least, they provide spiritual support to the locals and make predictions. There were also some locals who likened them to Voss Mystics. All they could say about them is that they have very strange marble or gold skin, as if they were living metal or stone statues and have more eyes, not just two and they live in a beautifully worked valley where there is even a beautiful lake and supposedly the planet's corruption has also ceased in this place.

Objective 4: BYOO
Z6yr2zn.png
In addition to these, countless another story wait to everyone, and anything you want, personal stories. Not to mention, there is an entire hex worth of stories to be told. Have fun in any way that you please!

dRUm20K.png

Links: Riflor | Shadow Empire

YbCOyAa.png

Lady Ingrid L’lerim Ragal Terassi Vandiir
Eternal Empress of the Eternal Empire, Lord Commander of the Wardens of the Shroud, Leader of the Dawn of Hope
The Red Witch, The Night Queen, Lady Stuztala, Head of the House L’lerim, CEO of the HPI Consortium, Archon of the Primyn Group
pBvQqeX.png
Objective III.: The Weavers
Equipment: The Soulsabers | Brynja coat and hat | Hersir Imperial Uniform | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit | G1 OmniLink | The Last Gift || Empyrean gland
Tag(s): Open
dRUm20K.png
[ Desert Rose ]

The military exercise did not require her presence, the population was solved by other, more appropriate persons, so the woman went to the strange group of monks to talk to them. The reports were interesting and the description was very similar to the statues seen in the Temple of Skulenus on the planet PX-0826. She thought these might have something to do with the Shadow Empire.

As usual, she arrived with a dropship that landed at the entrance to the valley. Everything here was grassy, the lake was also a healthy blue. Calmness permeated the place, not unnatural, meaning it wasn’t a Force Nexus, just a soothing feeling like the Light Side, but not completely. Just because the Light Side was unnatural for the woman, but whatever caused this here it wasn’t. So that was pretty interesting already. At the other end of the valley, at the ascent, there was a rock wall, a door engraved in it, and several windows visible in the walls.

However, she had not seen the local mystics or hermits yet. Two Wolfguards from the dropship joined her to be her bodyguards. Ingrid signalled them with a hand gesture to stay, she did not want to scare the locals with the presence of too many soldiers. She adjusted her helmet on her head, not taking it off due to the strong sunshine. Luckily, she saw a walking path that led up to the building built into the wall up there.

She was curious, and hoped that now she would have the opportunity to learn more about the Shadow Empire or this species that had been seen before at the Temple of Skulenus…

YbCOyAa.png

nBtOGGm.gif

OnN40NJ.png
Equipment: Sabers, Wildcat, Vibroknife
Ships: Sweet Kahllina, Frigates, GR-90, Med Ships

re3GLA.png

At the edge of the system an old yet obviously well cared for heavy cruiser made the transition from hyper to normal space. A few moments later it was joined by two much newer frigates and a transport ship. Without hurry, they reformed themselves into a diamond formation before heading in-system to join up with the ships already in orbit over Hirsi.

Domino had used this Nimix as a flagship enough that she knew the Captain truly didn't mind having her observe from the added 'admiral station' as it'd jokingly come to be called as he went through the routines of ship command. Currently he was calling ahead to the Eternal Empire ships, announcing their presence, that they were the expected Outer Rim Resources contingent, confirming they'd brought medical aid, and having their course in approved.

Leaving him to it, Domino made her way down to the hanger to admire one of the four highly polished Asclepius medical transports before boarding it. This quartet along with the four carried by each of the Valiants brought the total compliment up to an even dozen, backed up by the GR-90 for resupply on the planet's surface. After briefing the doctors on the expected conditions, Domino had suggested gearing supplies towards heavy metal poisonings, toxin counter-agents, and malnourishment. The head doctor had politely thanked her for her recommendation in a way that didn't quite point out that she was stating the obvious to someone much better trained in the medical field than herself and Domino had decided to let the doctors make the medical decisions.

Now she was sitting with the small group of security forces each ship was taking down with them. They were really only coming to prevent theft, and help organize lines and such, and remind people that other people's medical decisions were their own. To reflect this they were armed only with wildcat blaster pistols and stun batons and the only armor they wore was a simple blast vest. Not the image of an invading army but enough to hold the line long enough for a mad scramble back to the ships if it came to it.

pBvQqeX.png

Objective: Find out who or what is calling her here
Tags: Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim
For the first time in many, many, long years, Taozi felt light. Free, even. Her time with Manu had been therapeutic, and she could feel the Force flow through her more easily as she healed people. This, she hypothesized, was why she had had such an odd dream. A woman in gray, with many eyes, her skin like black and white marble, leading her down a long set of stairs towards a beautiful lake.

Taozi had no idea of what the dream could mean, until her and her clan arrived on Hirsi to lend medical aid. From the moment she stepped foot on the planet, the doctor had felt a tugging, trying to lead her somewhere. Then, when a local mentioned their neighbors with stone-like skin and too many eyes, Taozi had found her answer. She let Feng and Xiao take over, while she slipped away quietly.

Buy'ce held against her hip, Taozi had followed the tugging she felt, before she reached the entrance of a valley. Her eyes landed on an imperial drop ship, and two Wolfguards standing watch. Looking down into the valley, Taozi wondered what the Empress was doing here. Walking down into the valley without a word, Taozi felt the quiet stare of one of the Wolfguards.

Probably wondering why she was here, but not finding it important enough to ask.

Eternal Empress of the Eternal Empire, Lord Commander of the Wardens of the Shroud, Leader of the Dawn of Hope
The Red Witch, The Night Queen, Lady Stuztala, Head of the House L’lerim, CEO of the HPI Consortium, Archon of the Primyn Group
pBvQqeX.png
Equipment: The Soulsabers | Brynja coat and hat | Hersir Imperial Uniform | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit | G1 OmniLink | The Last Gift || Empyrean gland
dRUm20K.png
[ Desert Rose ]

Ingrid could barely do a few tens of meters as she walked when she sensed someone else had arrived into the valley. She turned back, back in the direction she had come from. Then the red-haired woman saw a woman entering a valley whom she had known for some time, and that she was a citizen of the empire. Fuyuan was an anomaly to her, she was a Mandalorian, but never joined the Eternal Empire's Army to become a citizen with voting rights.

The fact that the woman was on the planet did not surprise Ingrid, due the many sick people this was expected. Fuyuan was one of the best civilian doctors in the Eternal Empire. The red-haired woman stopped, in a small straddle, clasping her hands behind her back, waiting for the Mandalorian woman to arrive. The two bodyguards will not stop the doctor from coming here. And when she got to where Ingrid was, she greeted the other woman with a nod:

"Doctor Fuyuan!" she welcomed the mandalorian.

The really interesting question was why the woman is here. A group of hermits might not be interesting enough unless the woman knew about the temple on the planet Skulenus and the existence of the Shadow Empire. In fact, their existence was no secret, at most the statues they saw at the temple.

"What is the reason you visited this valley, Doctor?" she asked.

YbCOyAa.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Mikilanna Mihaly (Darth Kauhu)
Overseer of Science Development, Knight Warden of the Shroud

Z6yr2zn.png

Equipment:
Dark Blessings of Kuolema / Varjokävely
Ship: Aries XIII

8YW14vP.png

Desolate planets, despite their lack of beneficial resources, could in fact host several applications to scientific communities; if one possessed both patience and the inquisitive fortitude to filter through the catalysts of failures only to be rewarded with the successes found nesting in the bottom of the sluice box. Planets, like Hirsi, were notoriously avoided by treasure hunters, scavengers, and salvagers due in part that in most cases the rewards never outweighed the financial risks attached to such ventures. But in scientific minds, discovering or unlocking unseen treasures through painstaking harvesting almost always produced results; even if the results presented to them was something they were not actually looking for.

Emerging from hyperspace after departing from the planet of Cattamascar, a scientific vessel from
The Royal Institute of Science housing several students, professors, and scientific workers from the both the Department of Natural and Physical Sciences and the Department of Life Science. The entire expedition was led by the Institute's Director, Mikilanna Mihaly, whose strict itinerary would encompass the entire region the locals dubbed the Rugged Wastelands, a region inhabited by stories of poisonous flora and abnormal fauna. Most of the minerals were long gone from the area, but it was the micro-organisms and other unseen entities to the naked eye they sought to discover. The Institute's mantra has always been to better the Empire as a whole; but there were at times certain unconventional means required to protect and defend the Empire from it's enemies. Such as laboratory produced chemical and biological weapons.

9lenMLk.png

pBvQqeX.png

Objective: Find answers
While Taozi wasn't surprised the guards didn't stop her, she was surprised that the Empress stopped and waited for her. Really, she figured her presence would be noted and Ingrid would continue on her way. Walking closer, Taozi pondered on if the Empress had more interest in her than initially thought.

"Empress."

Taozi nodded in greeting to Ingrid, before looking towards the doors across the valley. She was quiet for a moment, thinking about how to answer Ingrid's question without revealing more than she wanted. Not that the Empress would likely care, of course, but Taozi wanted to keep some things secret from those she didn't trust.

"Just... Personal reasons. Nothing related to the Empire, at least to my knowledge."

pBvQqeX.png
dRUm20K.png
[ Desert Rose ]

Ingrid didn't have to wait too long for Doctor Fuyuan to get there. Until then, she watched the surroundings without anyone noticing or noticing anything from this. The red-haired woman listened and peered around and used the Force as well. The locals were still up there, at least based on what she felt; they did not hide their presence. Sensed five persons, four of whom were fainter in the Force, and one with a rather powerful, almost luminous aura. She felt it even from here; sometimes it had the advantage of being a semi-Force Entity.

<"Personal reason?"> she asked back.

The Empress found this rather strange, why would anyone come here for personal reasons? It was quite obvious that they were not facing terraformation, but Force. And the healing, making of potions, they were probably do with the Force. At least the woman thought so, because with alchemy, to gain these effects were very simple.

<"In that case, I have to ask you to stay with the guards, they will take care of you, they'll defend you. This is an imperial affair and most likely you are in danger here."> she said in her usual cold and military voice without emotions.

She had a feeling that the doctor wouldn't back down after Ingrid's words, though it was a good test to see if there was more in the woman's intentions than she said.

YbCOyAa.png

nBtOGGm.gif

pBvQqeX.png

Objective: Don't get too annoyed with the Empress.
Taozi frowned in mild annoyance as the Empress began speaking High Nelvaanian at her. She had never liked the fact that everything important in the Empire was done in the language, it was annoying to learn and annoying to speak. As the Empress continued to speak, Taozi only got more annoyed with her.

<"With all due respect, Empress, I'll have to politely decline your request. I'm not here as a citizen of the Empire, I'm here as a Mandalorian to do what I need to and then get back to my Clan. Just because I'm a doctor, does not mean I'm not a warrior too.">

Speaking in Mando'a, possibly with a little too much defiance in her tone to be polite, Taozi stepped forward to stand next to Ingrid, facing the door.

<"I would suggest you remember that before all else, I am a born and raised Mandalorian. If you don't want me on your bad side, I would suggest you refrain from ever suggesting that because I'm not in your military that I can't defend myself.">

Turning her head to look at Ingrid, Taozi stared at the Empress with a hint of anger in her eyes. Inside, Taozi knew the Empress was goading her. Testing her. But she would not forgive the insult Ingrid just threw right into her face. Taozi was an Alor and she would not tolerate Ingrid's level of disrespect to her heritage.

pBvQqeX.png
Tag(s): Taozi Fuyuan Taozi Fuyuan | Open
dRUm20K.png
[ Desert Rose ]
<"High Nelvaanian language"> | ~ telepathic communication ~

It was perfectly normal for Ingrid to use the High Nelvaanian language, as it was her first language. She was actually glad that it became the official language after Tacitus took the Eternal Empire to Nelvaan. She did not become angry at the other woman's words, but rather sadly noted how deep Mandalorian society had sunk from their glory. She had no doubt that the doctor could defend herself, but rather the discipline, dignity, and disregard for etiquette (military and non-military) was sad.

<"Then let’s be clear, I’m your superior in all sorts of situations, and that’s true for that situation as well. Since you are Mandalorian so I trust I don’t have to tell you what that means. I don’t care if you're Mandalorian, if you were a STRATCOM’s Overseer, I would have said the same. This is a state affair, no civilian or any member of the Contractors' Guild has the right to be here at the moment, only for a handful of chosen people from the Military. You have two choices, Doctor. You are voluntarily goes back to the two soldiers and I'll forget your behaviour one last time or you doesn’t and they accompany you from this valley, but at that moment you ceased to be a member of the Contractors’ Guild because you interferes an internal affairs of the Empire and refuses your superior’s direct command."> she said in her usual cold, military and emotionless voice.

The Empress never used to make empty promises or threats, nor was this one. She didn't like to live with her power and rank, but there was too much to lose here… She didn't like the girl at all, who seemed to be an impolite teenager with this behaviour, not an Alor, but the red-haired woman was adult enough to act according to the law, just as any soldier would do in her situation would and would not as an omnipotent ruler.

<"How do you decide? Last but not least, if you talk to me, honour me by using the language of the empire. I know that your people are traditionalists, and think the traditions and culture is so important beside the wars. Do not humiliate the Mandalorian people with your indecent behaviour… this behaviour is offensive to them." she said, still without emotion, still not moving, as if she were a statue.

YbCOyAa.png

nBtOGGm.gif

pBvQqeX.png

Objective: Don't scream
Taozi struggled to keep her face neutral as the Empress talked. It quickly became clear to her that Ingrid did not understand how Mandalorians worked in the slightest, the longer the Empress spoke. The way she expected the respect of a superior officer from Taozi after insulting her was laughable. The hubris of aruetiise knew no bounds, it seemed, and the Empress decided she wanted to be the most recent example from the sound of it!

Pinching the bridge of her nose, Taozi sighed quietly as she tried to calm her frustrations after Ingrid finished speaking. It became very clear that despite being the initial insulter, Ingrid felt she had done no wrong to Taozi first, and Taozi did not have the time nor patience to deal with it. Lowering her hand from her face, Taozi stared into Ingrid's eyes, and thought about what to say. Her High Nelvaanian would be broken, and spoken slowly, but fine, if that's what the Empress wanted...

<"Look, Empress, I may not be here for Imperial reasons, but I know I have to be here. You're a Force User, so you'll understand me when I say I had... some sort of dream, or vision. There was a woman, with too many eyes and skin like marble, and she was leading me down a valley towards a lake.>

<"I didn't know what it meant, until I arrived here to help with the locals, and I heard one of them describe the people in this valley.">

With a sigh, Taozi looked up at the door quietly for a moment. She was meant to be here. Something wanted her here, but what? Or even who?

<"With that out in the open now, I'll leave quietly if you still want me to leave, as long as I'm able to come back here later to figure out what in the Manda that dream was about.">

OnN40NJ.png

Equipment: Sabers, Wildcat, Vibroknife
Ships: Sweet Kahllina, Frigates, GR-90, Med Ships

re3GLA.png

Once orbit was obtained, the medical ships launched towards the planet. Domino had previously picked a spot that looked like it wouldn't be too far from any one area of the settlement without putting them down in the middle of it while keeping them clear from the mines. They cleared the clouds and Domino strained for a first glimpse of the settlement. Eventually she saw it, stretching out like a shoddy crescent below, curved to fit the slag piles from the mines and butted up against the inland sea.

Up close it wasn't any more impressive. No building was over three floors that Domino had seen and if the streets had been paved, it'd been ground beneath the rock of the gravel hard-pack now making most of the roads alongside the stagnate water pooling in the low spots. "Yeah great spot." She said to nobody as she looked out the transport's forward viewport. The twelve gleaming ships sat like rubies atop a pile of filth, saying they stood out was an understatement. Though Domino guessed that a backwater such as this likely pulled barely a handful of visitors a year.

In the rooms to the rear of the ship that made up the medical portion of the ship there was a bustle of activity as the doctors and their aids made ready to receive visitors and the ORR Sec team did their best to stay out of the way while somehow always being in the worst spot in that way grunts always managed. Annoyed, Domino keyed the hatch controls with the Force, closing off the cockpit from the rear section. "I should have gone to the stupid valley." She grumped to nobody again as she pulled out a dataslate containing a series of treatises by her friend Matsu Ike Matsu Ike . The Pilots decided not to say anything and simply went through their post-landing checks.

A few moments later the ship's rear ramp was lowered along with a staggering of the others and friendly doctors went out to greet those brave enough to be first.

pBvQqeX.png
dRUm20K.png
[ Desert Rose ]

<"Would it really have been so hard to say that at first?"> she asked still in a cold and emotionless voice.

Ingrid knew the Mandalorians exactly as well as how they could be offended so that they would start talking for sure. In the case of Taozi it was not the first to her to live with this, but most were predictable in this area. Last but not least, the woman may have been Mandalorian, but Ingrid considers her as a citizen of the Eternal Empire, when she looked at the Alor. At the moment, she could have been the Sith Emperor (whichever), Carnifex, Chandra, Grayson, or Tavlar; she would have sent them away even then, probably not very gently.

It seemed like a good intuition that there really was something in the background. The Empress had just moved and turned toward the other end of the valley, that is, to where the road leading up was. She gestured with her hand to Taozi to join her, she didn't have to leave, and if the woman joined her, she would set off.

<"Interesting, was there anything specific?"> she asked. <"I wonder because this is a national security issue. This is not the first time we have met the species. I assume you are not unfamiliar with the term Shadow Empire by now. We found a church on PX-0826 where there were huge statues depicting the same strange creatures. The locals… the temple keepers said their god looked like this, Skulenus, who created a species in his own image. Yes, Sith Spawns… and are probably tied to the Shadow Empire. Be careful with them!"> warned the woman.

Meanwhile, at the end of the walk, they reached the stone gate.

YbCOyAa.png

nBtOGGm.gif

pBvQqeX.png

Objective: Don't scream at the Empress. Don't scream at the Empress.
Taozi's eye twitched in frustration when Ingrid asked if explaining herself was so hard. It seemed the Empress did not think being a bit more respectful and choosing to not insult Taozi's heritage wouldn't have made this entire conversation a lot smoother. Really, Ingrid just didn't get Taozi. Pinching the bridge of her nose and sighing quietly, Taozi calmed herself, as it would do no good to start another argument.

Ingrid's newfound willingness to let her come along was mildly surprising, however, but Taozi walked with the Empress nonetheless.

"I wish there was, but all I can recall is the woman, and walking down the stairs. I got a slight feelings I wasn't in any danger, but other than that? There was nothing. She didn't speak to me at all as we walked, either."

She had to admit, talk of a "Shadow Empire" had reached her ears, but most of it had gone in one ear and out the other. With her skillset, Taozi figured she wasn't going to be much help with them, if it was going to be a quiet war away from the prying eyes of the rest of the galaxy. Some type of cult, it seemed, and Taozi was woefully ill equipped to handle such groups.

"Considering my skill set, I've let others that are better suited to combat handle the small details of this 'Shadow Empire' as admittedly, while I can handle myself in a fight, I'm woefully ill suited to fighting in a war. I'm the one who shows up to clean up the mess of other people's wars."

Looking up at the door as they finished their walk, Taozi hummed quietly.

"Shall we knock, or wait for them to open the door for us?"

pBvQqeX.png
dRUm20K.png
[ Desert Rose ]

The vision was pretty much meaningless based on what was said. Shame! She did not believe in safety, not even when the situation was based on her own Force visions. She was always sceptical, but that had nothing to do with being a little paranoid. These went with the job and as an agent she had to stay alive. Nodded at Taozi's words, how easy it would have been if the question consisted only of someone having to clean up the mess of other people's wars. But not, not this time.

<"Only then, if they succeed, there will be nothing left what we can be saved. Then nothing is left from the Unknown Region."> she said in a still cold, emotionless voice.

In the end, they were really there at the door, but here Taozi's question was no longer time for the woman to answer because the door opened. It was a modern door, looking like a stone only from the outside. Inside was a light hallway that blinded the two women for a few moments. By the time their vision cleared, in the doorway a multi-eyed woman stood, in a white dress but marble-white skin nearly two metres tall. She looked exactly as Ingrid and her team saw the statue on the planet. She telepathically addressed the two women, who could hear the pleasant, deep female voice in their minds.

~ Welcome, my children! What brought you here to the valley? ~ she asked.

YbCOyAa.png

nBtOGGm.gif

pBvQqeX.png

Taozi didn't have time to respond to Ingrid before the door opened, and she shielded her eyes with a hand. As her eyes adjusted, and she lowered her hand, Taozi looked up to see the woman. She was... Similar to the woman in Taozi's dream, but wasn't the woman in Taozi's dream in gray? Did Taozi misremember? With everything going on, she probably could have.

"I can only speak for myself, but I had a vision of this place in a dream. I've come seeking answers as to why the Force is calling me here."

pBvQqeX.png
dRUm20K.png
[ Desert Rose ]

Ingrid surveyed the woman as she appeared before them. She wasn't much taller than her, but she was like a living statue. The statues in the temple were very accurate. As much as she felt this woman had the strongest presence, she could have been the leader of the group. Or the others cleverly hid who they really were; she even found this possible. After all, they were an alien culture and species.

She had no problem with telepathic communication; it was the usual form of communication to her. Ingrid would have had so many questions, but unfortunately this was not the place and time when she could have asked all this. Now personal questions had no place and time here. Maybe if they prove innocent; then, but not until then. She was not present as a civilian, but as the leader of a nation.

~ Let's sit down! ~ she offered and pointed her hand to the nearby benches. ~ I don't know why you came, what you're looking for the answer to. You may need to search this in yourself, because as long as you don’t have specific questions, you won’t find answers, either here or in other places. ~ she said. ~ And you? ~

"I have only one question, how do you relate to the Shadow Empire?" she asked coldly, without emotion.v

YbCOyAa.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Mikilanna Mihaly (Darth Kauhu)
Overseer of Science Development, Knight Warden of the Shroud

Z6yr2zn.png

Equipment:
Dark Blessings of Kuolema / Varjokävely
Ship: Aries XIII

8YW14vP.png

Before the expedition could commence, several outlying tasks were required beforehand, such as finding a suitable base camp. Since the Rugged Wastelands were practically void of a natural water source, as most lakes, rivers, streams, and babbling creaks have long ago dried up, the main prerequisite was a defendable area; where several landscaped objects could aid in the defense of the camp. There was no fear of an attack from outsiders, locals, or nefarious characters, but from the twisted mutations of the local fauna. Food was just as scarce as water in the wastelands, that meant anything moving was food to the creatures.

Once a location had been decided upon by Director Mihaly, next came the erecting of the numerous tents housing students, supplies, and research facilities. In theory, it would have been more beneficial to spread the camp out, however, huddled close together allowed for a more defended perimeter. The tents were quickly fashioned to outrace the cascading sun, along with the camp's defenses, before darkness fell. Director Mihaly didn't want the camp half completed before their first nightfall, unknown what was out there lurking, watching, and plotting.

The morning saw the camp bustling with activity. Before most of the camp was awake, Director Mihaly and her staff set the stage for the days activities through numerous small scouting expeditions. Four groups had been dispatched in the four Cardinal points, no more than a few kilometers from the camp, with orders to observe, mark, and collect small samples of soil, flora, and if possible, water. They were not to engage or interact with the fauna; an additional four scouting groups were tasked with that operation.

9lenMLk.png

pBvQqeX.png

Taozi bit her tongue, and looked down at the floor. To find answers, she had to have questions, but what kinds of questions should she ask? What could she ask, without revealing too much to Ingrid? Her time with Manu had made her more curious about the Living Force, but would she find the answers she seeks here?

With a quiet sigh, Taozi sat on one of the nearby benches as requested, rested her buy'ce in her lap, and stared into the black visor, lost in thought. After a moment, she looked up to the taller woman, and figured an introduction would be the most beneficial.

"I am Doctor Taozi Fuyuan Tal, Alor of Clan Tal. What may I call you?"

pBvQqeX.png
dRUm20K.png
[ Desert Rose ]

When they reached the benches, Ingrid didn't sit down, but the other woman did. For now, the cold question didn't seem to bother her, but at first she answered for Taozi.

~ My name is Airian. ~ introduced herself to both of them, then turned to Ingrid. ~ The answer to your question is yes, Lady L'lerim. We are connected at some level to the state you call the Shadow Empire. But this connection consists only in being members of the species that gives the ruling caste of the Shadow Empire. ~ they both heard the answer.

Ingrid raised an eyebrow for a moment. She was not surprised that she was recognized; rather, the honest response was the surprising part. The red-haired woman didn’t really expect that, yet it was a pleasant disappointment. It is rare to meet someone who is honest, really honest. Most people do not usually share information with others. But it was very useful now; especially if Airian were to remain so communicative in the future.

"Can you tell us about your species and the Shadow Empire?" she asked.

YbCOyAa.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom