Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Shadow Empire: Weavers of Fate | EE Dominon of Hirsi

Silhana Lolaes'ra
Lynne Tal’kira aka Lady Orchid; The Angel-faced killer
Bounty Hunter, Verd'ika, member of the Clan Cadera; Headmistress of the House Orchid and The Hounty Hunters' Guild
Z6yr2zn.png
Objective: BYOO, Try to not shoot anyone!
Equipment: 2x PV-16 "Sunfury" Pulse Pistol | 2x Simple short sword | Light armour | Mandalorian vambrace || Stealth field generator || OPBC-01m
Tags: Arturo Braga Arturo Braga | Tovald Kahmen’’a Tovald Kahmen’’a
kyMYUQz.png
[ Mando music ]
"Galactic Basic" | <"Mandalorian"> | ~"Telepathic" communication ~ | << comm. channel >>

I grinned at the man's words. Why did I want to blow it up? Should anyone seriously ask this? If he were a civilian, I would say I understand, but he definitely looked like a soldier or a mercenary. And after he said the "he had no idea what had happened at Annaj", I would have just started the story when Arturo finally spoke. I nodded at his words as I looked at the spider that was trapped under the glass.

"And the alternative solution probably involved more casualties and material damage than rebuilding just one palace.." I shrugged. I suggested the blast from the first moment.

I looked at the empty glass and then back at the man.

"It's not so bad, it's just missing alcohol…" I replied.

I couldn’t say much more about the situation, or at least not something that would have been appropriate. Yet I could not say that the giant snail had called on the civilians to go to war to protect him. It wouldn’t have been ethical, and yes, I definitely didn’t like what he was doing here.

"I am a bounty hunter because I love my job and the fact that it can be done creatively. This was denied from me here. Do you know how bad it feels? I assume… because I hope you not only do what the snail tells you, but you are able to think independently, aren’t you?." I said, then I turned to the other man. "And you? Mercenary or bounty hunter?" I inquired.

1FgpkWL.png

jzKJ1ij.png

Z6yr2zn.png

Objective: Try not to shoot anyone or get shot at!
Equipment Rifle, Sword, Magnetic Thermal Detonators, Thermite Explosives, Heavy Blaster Pistol, Carbine,
Tags: Silhana Cadera Silhana Cadera Arturo Braga Arturo Braga

Ah, the after taste is a little more prominent in this one. Best slow down, too much at once makes his head frizzy. Not good in a Cantina. Anyway, he pulled himself out of the distraction of beverage tasting. He put his own glass on the table, still half full.

Broka is a Hutt, he knew about them in all their sluggy glory. He had been off their radar as far as hunting was concerned. He was still new enough not to get a reputation yet, he still got one though as the brother of a monster, which isn’t great.

With many hunters, Hutts are the go-to client to get a sustained job, but there is the bonus of joining the Bounty Hunter Guild. Independence can only get you so far before you yourself become a target. Better to be within a group than being alone. Dio survived without being in a Guild, well, he is not really a team player, even when credits are involved.

But you cannot choose family even if they are utterly dysfunctional, there were a lot of family-related incidents that he Tovald could write a 67-chapter book on all the times someone kicked the goat creature outback or threw rocks at each other. But it will benefit everyone if he keeps it all to himself.

Then he realised she was talking, a simple straight to the point. No frills or ruffles in her words. There is something about directness that Tovald liked. Nothing to pick apart or soften any blows to come. He didn’t even have to picture alternatives, they all sound terrible.

“Both, I work as a Mercenary and a Bounty Hunter.” He replies to Silhana. The spider taps the glass with impatience. Better under glass than smeared on the table for the next patron to see.

Still going, despite everything.
Z6yr2zn.png

Objective: Wait for the survey team, don't get annoyed
Kit: KC-77N Hybrid Pistol, Black Sun Armor Mark. I, Vibroblade

Arturo's gaze grew distant as Sil's first question came and went with the wind. Do I know how it feels to be... what? Powerless? Afraid? All of the above? "As a matter of fact, I do." The Underboss replied. Sparing Sil a quick glance, he was quick to look away. Personal questions made him uncomfortable, and triggered a series of memories that he'd just as soon forget. Easy now, deep breaths. Reaching for his glass, Arturo was dismayed to find it empty. As nasty as the vintage was, it kept his mouth occupied. The last thing he wanted was to reveal information he'd prefer kept private.

Catching a barmaid's eye, he ordered two more drinks with a wave of his hand before letting it fall to the tabletop. Glasses clinked as his other hand joined it. "Concerning my competency, I'd like to point out that I wouldn't be in the position I am if I wasn't capable of thinking for myself." No doubt the bounty hunter had a low opinion of him. He recalled the Blackwatch agent's attitude towards him being not much better. 'Course, the small Asa'nyx had been more polite in her disdain towards him, but he had seen through her in the end. Growing up among liars and manipulators had its uses, after all.

By the time his drinks arrived, the topic of conversation had moved to Tovald. And thank the Gods for that, Arturo thought, taking a pull of his drink and hating it. So, the man was a bounty hunter and a mercenary. That was good. Maybe he'd have less scruples than his twi'lek counterpart. Then again, maybe not. Arturo's eyes turned to Silhana.

"Sounds like the lead-up to a bad joke. Two bounty hunters and a crime boss walk into a bar..."

Silhana Lolaes'ra
Bounty Hunter, Verd'ika, member of the Clan Cadera; Headmistress of the House Orchid and The Hounty Hunters' Guild
Z6yr2zn.png
Equipment: 2x PV-16 "Sunfury" Pulse Pistol | 2x Simple short sword | Light armour | Mandalorian vambrace || Stealth field generator || OPBC-01m
kyMYUQz.png
[ Mando music ]
"Galactic Basic" | <"Mandalorian"> | ~"Telepathic" communication ~ | << comm. channel >>

One guy wasn’t very talkative and the other was visibly uncomfortable with the more personal question; which wasn’t even explicitly personal, I was just waiting for an affirmative or negative answer to the question. No personal information. Not only because he who was not in such a situation lived essentially in a bubble and got everything they wanted.

I grinned broadly at Arturo's offended words; it seems like it was a vile question, but based on the reaction, I wasn’t the first who ask him this. I had no real ulterior motive with this because the man was a great warrior, even if I didn’t find him too smart. I didn’t want to break his heart by saying that your mental abilities don’t have to be at celestial heights. Usually, fools are more reliable because they can’t think of betrayal. Blessed are the poor in spirit; in the end I smiled kindly at him.

"I just mentioned that t is convenient for the majority to just execute the received command, rather than looking for an alternative, possibly better solution to it." and I think I covered roughly 99.99% of the soldiers in the galaxy with that. There was no problem with that, that's why they were soldiers.

And the other man had exactly the two occupations I was thinking of. However, I couldn't find him familiar.

"In which house or guild do you work as a bounty hunter?" I inquired again.

I chuckled at Braga's words when he mentioned the joke.

"And how will it end?" I asked as I looked at him again.

1FgpkWL.png

jzKJ1ij.png

Z6yr2zn.png

Objective: Try not to shoot anyone or get shot at!
Equipment Rifle, Sword, Magnetic Thermal Detonators, Thermite Explosives, Heavy Blaster Pistol, Carbine,

<“Bounty Hunters Guild, kind of joined recently.”> He replied with ease and honesty. He only belonged to the Guild and not a House unless his Clan counted as a House. He'll have to look into that at a later date.

Anyway, he didn’t wish to think too long on the logistics of getting a House set up. But first thing is first, he needed to sort out the Spider before continuing anything else. It didn’t enjoy being under glass, who would? He would hate it. Stuck with no way out but to await whatever is in store.

So, he slid a drinks coaster under the glass so that the arachnid would not escape, and he rose from his seat and, walked over to where there were artificial plants, spider in hand and encouraged it to crawl into the darker safer area of the plants. He wasn’t going to keep the Spider; One, he wouldn’t be able to take care of it and 2, the Cats will no doubt eat the poor thing, one lick and it’s supper.

Or someone else will end the arachnid, so it is a lose-lose situation all around for the creature.

He soon got back to his seat after weaving his way through a crowd of people that got in his way, he’s not one to push or shove past anyone. Makes life less short that way. Sitting down he caught the tail end of what Sil was talking about which was to the other man.

<“Circling back to the Palace thing, it could still be time to as you say blow it up.”> Tovald offered, helpfully. He’s got a few explosives on him that he wanted to use at some point. He is not above an explosion or two.

Z6yr2zn.png

Objective: Wait for the survey team (what's taking them so long?!)

"And no doubt you don't consider yourself a part of that majority." Blinking slowly, the Underboss couldn't help feeling skeptical. Sure, she'd proven herself different on Annaj when she'd challenged Broka's decision to incite armed resistance amongst the local civilian population. And sure, she didn't fit the usual Mandalorian stereotype either, or treat all 'auretiise' like subhuman trash. 'Ceptin me, Arturo realized with a start. Why was that, exactly? What had he done to deserve her ire? Clearly she took pleasure in tormenting him, perhaps she'd take pleasure in killing him, too.

Taking a sip of his drink, Arturo set the glass down, glad that blaster and blade were both within easy reach should she make her move. Make her move? Yeah, right. If she were going to kill him, she would've done it already. Arturo smiled to himself, amused by the obscene thoughts that sometimes went through his head.

Watching Tovald as he released the spider, the Underboss raised an eyebrow. Lynne asked a good question; how would it end? "Knowing my luck, with a shootout." Arturo answered, feigning resignation with a sigh and a shrug. "But who can say? I was never good with jokes. Fortunately we're in a cantina. Everything's funnier when you've a few drinks in your system." Smiling, the Underboss gave Lynne a playful wink, noticing as he did another spider descending to the tabletop. Was there a web nearby? Or were they witnessing the first signs of an infestation?

Silhana Lolaes'ra
Z6yr2zn.png
kyMYUQz.png
[ Mando music ]

"Oh! Then you are my employee!" I grinned broadly at Tovald's words. "I'm the Guild's Headmistress! A pleasure to meet you!"

I held out my hand to the man, sometimes I felt like the Galaxy was too small. And in such cases, this feeling became even more intensive. I tilted my head slightly to the side as I looked at Arturo. A satisfied, determined smile appeared on my lips. Maybe he wasn't a hopeless "case" after all.

"Of course not! But I'm not really a soldier." I explained, it was because of my not-so-good physique and the lack of my physical strength, among other things. My Mandalorian training covered more of the reconnaissance field than actual military, I would not be a heavy armoured and melee fighter, I would rather be a fast and agile, ranged fighter.

I also raised my eyebrows when Tovald took the spider to one of the plants. When I saw the Underboss react similarly when we looked at each other, I laughed. And I smiled even wider at the words and wink.

"Well, then, Underboss… I think you could invite me for a drink." I winked at him too.

I looked at the returning man and shook my head. As much as I liked the idea, unfortunately it was no longer good.

"My plan was to let the traitors in and when they were inside, exploding the place with them. But there are no more traitors at Annaj anymore…" I shrugged sadly.

1FgpkWL.png

jzKJ1ij.png

Z6yr2zn.png

Objective: Keep an eye on any 8 legged visitors!

<“Pleasure is mine, boss.”> Tovald replied after a brief pause, taking her hand in his own and shaking it. Small galaxy indeed. Well, it was still big but meeting the right people made it smaller.

Tovald also made a small sheepish sound from the back of his throat. He hadn’t realised that he was speaking to the head of the Hunter’s Guild. He recovered quickly however and, downed another drink. Not really enjoying the taste of it very much this time around. It had an undescriptive aftertaste. A mix between plastic and another drink mix. He placed his glass down after a while, not liking it one bit.

Was he fussy? No, but he knew better than to force down something that will hurt his stomach later. He never forgot the last time he did that for 600 credits, his nose bled for 2 hours, and he had to stay in bed for 3 days. He got the credits but was utterly miserable as anything.

That story was for another time and place but not here.

Looking up he could see several webs decorating the ceiling, the place needs a little housekeeping, there is an air of disarray about it. He again, placed a glass over a much bigger Spider this time. Roughly the size of his thumb and placed it to the side. He hoped that no other spiders decided to join them. Two is enough.

He was slightly disappointed that they won’t be blowing anything up, but if the opportunity slipped on by then there is no point in trying to go down that route because it would seem hollow. The Ubese did hope that they would be able to do something.

<“Ah, that’s a pity.”>

Z6yr2zn.png

Objective: Has something happened to the survey team?
Tags: Silhana Cadera Silhana Cadera Tovald Kahmen’’a Tovald Kahmen’’a

"Maybe I'll do just that." Arturo replied to Lynne, flashing the twi'lek a quick smile. Developing a relationship with the Headmistress of both House Orchid and the Bounty Hunter's Guild seemed like a wise investment to the Underboss. Considering the lengths Broka had gone to to secure her patronage, it made sense for him to try and keep her sweet too. It would complicate things if her people started going after his people, and vice versa. Not that it'll ever come to that, Arturo thought, emptying his glass.

"God, that stuff burns!" He cursed, reaching for his second whilst the first joined the others in the middle of the table. The spider he'd spotted moments before had already completed it's descent, and had started to scuttle towards Tovald. Sticking out a gloved hand, Arturo watched as it paused, then climbed onto his finger. Bringing his hand closer to his face, he inspected the little critter warily as Sil and her newfound subordinate spoke to each other about Annaj. A pity, huh? For you two, maybe. "Red spots." He commented, setting his hand down long enough for the spider to carry on carrying-on. "No need to worry about rehoming that one, T. It's poison-free and very much incapable of piercing the skin." Arturo paused. "Don't ask me how I know that."

He took a drink.

Silhana Lolaes'ra
Z6yr2zn.png
kyMYUQz.png
[ Mando music ]

"You don't have to use the boss address…I'm not a fan of this address. I don't call you an employee either…" I said.

As Tovald went with the spider to the plants, I seemed to get a drink. That is, Underboss needed a little more encouragement from me.

"Do it!" I replied, then I chuckled at his reaction. "I have a feeling that you don’t drink alcohol many times."

I said this exceptionally not for teasing now. When I got the drink, I drank it. It finally had strength, though not nearly as terribly strong as the man's reaction to it. In the meantime, I looked up at the ceiling, oh gosh! I scowled; I never particularly liked spiders.

"You're right, I don't want to know how you know… a big cleaning would fit in this place." I grimaced; one thing's for sure, the bartender won't get a tip from me for this.

I hate spiders and all those tiny insects and beetles. Maybe I should ask if we want to look for a better place than this, one where there are no spiders...

1FgpkWL.png

jzKJ1ij.png

Z6yr2zn.png

Objective: Keep an eye on any 8 legged visitors!

<“Sorry, a force of habit, won’t happen again.”>

Tovald replied nodding, making sure to not address Silhana as Boss again. All habits die hard and will creep in when no formality is needed. She’s right it would look strange if she called him Employee in return. It sounded stilted when he put it into a sentence. Way too stiff and weird.

Not a very good start, but so far easily rectified as it was mentioned right away.

<“What is your name, I didn’t catch it?”> He asked, after taking a swig from his drink, the aftertaste even more potent. He made a face behind his mask. He needs to stop drinking it before it does something … unpleasant.

The trapped spider was crawling in circles under the glass, not at all pleased that it was stuck in such a manner. Arturo had a smaller spider on his hand, well on his finger and was holding it up. So that one wasn’t a bitey species that could get their fangs through the skin. The trapped one could be a venomous species, so the glass was a precaution.

<“Ah, I see. I can’t tell them apart, to be honest, a spider is just a spider. to me”> Tovald answers Arturo after giving the spider a closer look.

"I get the feeling you're not very good at reading people." Arturo bit back, his tone far from venomous. 'Course he drank. Most everyone he knew did. Whether it was to socialize, or to serve in a more professional setting, drink had its uses. Just not this drink, Arturo thought, staring into his glass with obvious distaste. He didn't know where the owner got his liquor from, but chances were it was brewed locally. Given the recent outbreak amongst the populace, that wasn't a good sign.

"I'm no expert on them. That little tidbit was just something I picked up along the way." Arturo replied, tapping his glass against the table idly. Tovald seemed like a good guy, competent and trustworthy. Arturo liked to think of himself as such, though, the Mando in the room might've argued otherwise. Only a fool trusted a known criminal, even if said criminal was also a contractor with the same clearance as them.

Fidgeting in his seat, Arturo nodded towards Lynne's impressive Beskar'gam as she made a comment about the infestation. "Sure you don't have a duster tucked away inside that suit of yours?" He asked innocently, a slight smile giving his expression warmth. "Better yet: a flamethrower? You could kill two birds with one stone if you had one of those on you." Arturo was fairly certain no-one would mind if this dump of a cantina caught fire and burnt down. He wouldn't.

Silhana Lolaes'ra
Z6yr2zn.png
kyMYUQz.png
[ Mando music ]

"Lynne Tal’kira aka Lady Orchid!" I introduced myself.

I didn’t use my regular name in bounty hunter circles, it just reminded me of my old life when I was a slave. Some even called me by my old name, because I knew them from that time, they were old friends. And of course the Mandalorians also know that name. Aaaaand oh gosh, spiders again! Boys… men and spiders.

"Then you just can't withstand the drink, Underboss!" I responded with a similar emphasis to the man.

I didn’t get involved in the conversation with the spiders. This will stay as a male theme. However, at the mention of the flamethrower, I turned to Arturo again with a wide smile. I touched the vambrace on my right hand, indicating that yes, I have one.

"Don’t give me ideas, handsome, because it’s too tempting an offer and idea!" I said; it was too tempting for me to get rid of all the eight-legged monsters in this place…

1FgpkWL.png

jzKJ1ij.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom