Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staff Second Chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
[member="Kaine Australis"]

I have looked over the submission in question. It contains an IFD to bypass shields, a hyperdrive, therefore can be fired literally from star systems away, has passive stealth, and sensor jamming technology.

I am baffled how this passed to begin with. This approaches superweapon technology.

Due to the fact that this will require such drastic changes to be passed, so much so that it will effectively become a different submission, it will remain denied.

[member="Nadir"]

I understand the technology and the canon backing behind it. My concern is that, like other canon technologies in the past that have been adapted from ground infantry unit tech to starship tech is that they start to creep up and out of the bounds that the factory is comfortable letting loose out there. This is one of those things where I'm not sure the galaxy is ready for this. The range, destructive force, and precision accuracy of this make it incredibly difficult for any opposing writer to check and balance.

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Are there any changes that I can make that would render this approvable? (While not completely nuking the concept of the weapon, obviously.)

I.e. reduce the range of the weapon, make it less accurate, etc.

[member="Jamie Pyne"] - I would like to request a Second Chance for my submission, the Defender II - Class Assault Carrier.

The submission was outright denied over the use of the word - Any - which had factual and posted evidence to back up the claims and capabilities of a listed advanced system. I would like a second pair of eyes to review this submission, as there is nothing inherently wrong with the ratings or anything else that wasn’t brought up and subsequently edited.

Fiolette Fortan

F
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Requesting second chance on the Dagger IV. I have complied with the edits of the current judge thus far, however; I would like to have another judge have a look at the ship and judge it base on 5.0 standards. Rather than having my ship be judged based on 2.0 gun count standards.

[member="Fiolette Yvarro"] - Second Chance approved.

[member="Tom Taff"] - It's a giant robot with a fully articulating body, a chainsaw, and the ability to equip/un-equip weapons. What about this is not a mech?

[member="Chikako Liona"] - This is one of those things that are too closely resembling of the source material to grant a second chance for. I would suggest submitting a new idea without the harsh resemblance to the source.

[member="Tathra Khaeus"] - Moved

I'd like to second chance this submission.

My first issue with the judging of said submission is that it implies there is an artificial limit on the potential kilotonnage or megatonnage of any nuclear weapon created in the factory and otherwise deployed in service. The factory in no way states this is so. As well, to deny the submission is to imply that it cannot exist within the realm of Star Wars - nuclear weapons are already extant(per Serroco), and the Godslayer is specifically designed to follow the construction methods of the real life Tsar Bomba nuclear weapon, which as originally designed(with U-238 tamper instead of a lead tamper) was theorized to produce a yield of 100 megatons. The only technical difference between this submission and the original Tsar Bomba design from a functioning perspective is the use of an antimatter catalyst to initialize the fusion reaction instead of relying on a fission bomb, as the real life Tsar Bomba did.

My second issue is with the way this submission was judged regarding the 'hyperspace artillery.' The weapon in question was intended to function similarly to the Galaxy Gun - that is, the projectile is launched from the barrel of the forthcoming artillery piece, jumps to hyperspace, exits hyperspace near the target, and homes in on said target before detonating against them. Per Star Wars canon, if it were fired at hyperspace speeds in a straight line towards the target, the shell would immediately vaporize upon impact with a ship's shields, not even doing so much as a scratch(as was showcased per Legends canon when the Executor survived a Star Destroyer, with significantly more mass than this projectile, hyperspacing directly into it). That would render the entire concept of the weapon useless, which the factory judge did not even inquire on regarding the function of the weapon. The weapon is in no way intended to strike ships in hyperspace, and thus they would be able to jump out or in theory destroy the weapon before detonation, as it travels towards targets at sub-light speeds. The artillery system was not submitted prior to this given the fact that submitting a weapon with no projectiles would be a waste of time.

The last issue I have with the rejection of this submission is that it, effectively, indicates that there is no weapon which can theoretically or practically be used to inflict critical if not mortal damage to a Star Dreadnought utilized by any faction. Given the fact that the factory meta, with the loosening of rules, is 'people make this to deal with that, and people respond by making that to deal with this' - a proper reflection of how the real life use of weapons and countermeasures develop - it seems wrong that there not be a potential threat out there for such weaponry.

In closing, I find serious issues with the Factory Judge's arguments regarding the denial of this submission and ask that it be second chanced, preferably with a different judge with whom this sub can be discussed and assumedly made acceptable in some form or fashion.

[member="Vanessa Vantai"]

The submission has been re-reviewed and denied.

It’s the core concept that I have an issue with. Scale it further down and don’t try to one shot dreadnoughts in future submissions.

Posting both for second chance in the same post since they were denied for the same reason. Originally, they were denied because both contained more than three species in their genetic material, which is something I'm willing to change, but the rule seems to speak of character creation itself rather than bio-tech. Additionally, secondary inquiries said that non-sentient bio-tech should be run through the factory, and as these are genetic augmentation rather than outright species, it only seems right they belong here.

Links in question.

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/127807-the-blackwell-project-ri-ny%C3%A2sh-cardiovascular-system/

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/127755-the-blackwell-project-dziuwaiyi-muscle-tissue/

Second chance denied.

Reason: These subs are from April and were denied by the previous Factory Administrator by way of the RPJ working for that Administrator. It will not be my direction to overturn the previous Administrations second chance decisions in my first few months as Factory Admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom