Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staff Second Chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Submission for Second-Chance Review: Murmillo-Class Frigate

RHOhKSj.png

This Warship was denied on the basis its' Hanger contains vehicles and dropship craft and has a 'None' Hanger rating which I believe is an incorrect application of the 5.0 Starship Standard as seen in the above screenshot. "Please provide the amount of fighters this submission can hold in it's hanger by count of squadrons" I believe the repeated "Starfighters" reinforces the idea to the average reader that the word 'Starfighter' refers to fighter and bomber craft such as the X-wing and Y-wing not Dropships, Shuttles and terrestrial Vehicles. If this is not the case as indicated by the Roleplay Judge I suggest the wording be modified to better represent this in the interests of transparency and ensuring the standard is applied consistently and accurately. The Insistence that Shuttles, Dropships and Vehicles count towards 'starfighter' squadron counts for the sake of balancing has the potential to greatly impact designs submitted to the factory and it's probably best to have it out there rather than locked up in Factory Judge Chat or something like that.

Even though every submission is judged off its' own merits I think it would be useful to point out previous submissions under the current standard that have contained both Starfighters and Dropships, Droppods and Shuttles that ostensibly did not have any of the latter craft count towards the Hanger Rating. The Desolator-Class Battlecruiser is an example I'd like to present as supportive of my argument for why the Murmillo-Class Frigate should be approved under the present standard as none of the support craft are ostensibly counted towards the Hanger rating it's measured purely off the contained combat "strike craft".

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

TL-52 "Rirtsa" Proton Beam Cannon

I'm generally content with my submissions being denied for power concerns, or concept, but I don't believe this submission itself fit either of those bills. If 'superweapon' anything meant a denial, things like this, this, this, or even this, would never have been accepted in the factory; and the list could go on and on. Suffice to say, I believe the judge was simply wrong in their assessment, and I'd like the submission moved to WIP to allow me to bring the submission up to par.

[member="Jamie Pyne"] - So, it seems that I managed to get my hand on a copy of the rating's excel/sheet that I shouldn't have, which fueled a misconception between the reviewing judge and me over what was balanced from either's perspective. As such, I would like to request a second chance for the Nagata corvette (resubmission) and the chance to lower some of its ratings to reflect the proper resources - now in hand.

[member="Kyli DT-6767"]

Your second chance is approved. The factory bases hangars off of squadrons primarily. However, in certain cases where there is an abundance of vehicles, dropships, or other atmospheric craft being stored, the hangar rating will either in addition to, or in place of be used. This rating is used, in those such cases, as equivalent to fighter squadrons. I hope this clears up the confusion.

[member="Kaine Australis"]

This is one of those things that is very clearly a blow-for-blow crossover. To make this viable it would require drastic alterations. I'm going to say no on this one.

[member="The Slave"]

I can grant you a second chance however a proton beam cannon transferred into a turret in no way will pass factory standards. You will need to remove and alter all wording surrounding that type of armament. If that is amenable I will give the go ahead on this.

[member="Arcanus Sunstrider"]

Second chance granted.

Sala'dine

Admiral of the Ghost Fleet
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/128890-saotome-planetary-defensive-network/

I am second chancing this on the grounds. It is canon and more focused then the original security network which could just be used. The canon version of it was larger spread covering hyperspace routes and systems with ships, stations, mines and other components to make it larger while the beacons themselves could move through hyperspace and had navigational computers to cover a larger area. It extended through the deep core and then eventually the core worlds itself. The sub I made has it on a smaller scale, instead of routes it is in a system and gives advanced early warning to planets to activate their defenses and prepare. Given a standard feature of most ships now is Hyperwave Inertial Momentum Sustainers to bypass interdiction vessels and means. With the network itself being more contained the common holes it in of it being stretched across entire regions of space is lessened but it is also not using ships, stations, mines or other parts to fill in the open areas of the net. I am all for balancing it and adding more to the weaknesses as needed but the technology has existed in the canon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom