Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech The Bonedigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

T H E
B O N E D I G G E R
noax-cyclone-bone-2.jpg
"Very well, you may go. But take this word of caution with you, for you know not what you truly wield, and the corruption that festers at its core."
- The Quartermaster

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To create an exotic weapon for future roleplay.
  • Image Source: x
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Kyber-Enhanced Blaster Pistol
  • Size: Small
  • Weight: Light
  • Ammunition Type: Prothium Gas
  • Ammunition Capacity: Small
  • Effective Range: Average
  • Rate of Fire: High
  • Damage Output: Average - Extreme
  • Recoil: High
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Krayt Dragon Bone and Agrinium plating.
  • Alchemized Kyber Crystal will amplify the damage of the blaster depending on how much energy it has absorbed.
  • Alchemized Kyber Crystal will absorb the energy briefly from the souls of those killed by the weapon.
  • Enhanced grip pattern-weave for decreased recoil.
  • Increased power cell magazine.
  • Muzzle flash and sound suppressor.
  • Breach-loading chamber.
  • Lightweight frame.
  • Automatic power-cell disposal and replacement system.
  • Glowrod attachment on the bottom of the barrel.
STRENGTHS
  • Rampage: The Bonedigger utilizes an alchemized Kyber crystal to briefly store the energy from the souls of those killed by the weapon. This energy is then used by the kyber crystal to amplify the damage done by the weapon. This amplification effect stacks with the more kills the Bonedigger has.
  • Lightweight Frame: The Bonedigger is a small and lightweight weapon, making it easy to use in close-range situations and easy to conceal and carry.
  • High Worth: The antiquity, uniqueness, and design of the Bonedigger make it an extremely valuable weapon to own.
WEAKNESSES
  • Deescalation: After a couple of minutes pass during which no new deaths occur, or the blaster is reloaded, then the rampage amplification effect of the Bonedigger will dissipate.
  • Low Ammunition: The Bonedigger consumes power cells at an increased rate, and this rate-of-consumption increases alongside the amplification effect of the Bonedigger's Kyber Crystal. This, combined with the fact that the weapon's Rampage effect is canceled with each reload, reduces the effectiveness of the weapon.
  • High Kick: The Bonedigger has a high recoil that reduces its accuracy over long ranges.
DESCRIPTION
They stood, alone, among the dead.

They knew not what they had made. For the purity that they had tampered with, corrupted, and caused to bleed had to caused themself to turn. It had turned their mere weapon into one of mass destruction, and it turned themself into a monster.

The Bonedigger is a unique kyber-enhanced blaster pistol forged out of agrinium and Ji'yr Rekr bone. From all appearances, it is by function a standard blaster pistol despite its ornate craftsmanship. But where it becomes a truly unique, powerful, and nominally corrupt weapon is the dark alchemized Kyber crystal at its core. By all records left by Clan Kyron, there is no explanation for how this crystal was obtained, but yet it does

The crystal, and its vessel, exist. And if there is anything in the galaxy that can truly be named dark, it is the Bonedigger. Those who use it enter a state of rampage, as the tainted crystal collects the energy of each soul killed and amplifies it back into the damage output of the weapon, increasing the damage output of the weapon by small increments, making it easier and easier to kill one's next foe. This cycle will continue until the blaster must be reloaded, or there are no more beings to kill.

Some call it the weapon of the Monster. But others say that it is only a tool defined by those who use it. A tool that can turn entire armies into corpses, yes, but still just a tool.

Last edited:
Krass Wyms Krass Wyms

I've switched out the regular Kyber Crystal with a Dantari Crystal, whose Wikipedia page states that it is able to recover spent force energies. It says that this is sometimes able to include the combat of energy, I think it's reasonable that one of these crystals that were corrupted with the dark side and caused to 'bleed' would be able to capture the force energy found in departing 'souls' or the force energy spent by dying beings. Does that look good?

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
The Quartermaster The Quartermaster

Dantari crystals allowed the user a better focus on recovering spent Force energies, occasionally recycling the fierce, wild energy of combat to the wielder to fuel their Force power.

Being mainly sourced of a video game aside where it helped regeneration. The dantari didn't go with others it recycled and help recover your own that was spent. For a force user this can be very beneficial. As a means to bleed a dantari crystal would pour hate and rage within it to corrupt it. That didn't outright give the crystals effects. Alchemical processes would be needed and if you were amplifying the natural capabilities it would likely become more akin to a Life Drain crystal or Katak that would best be for enhancing death field and draining skills.

Krass Wyms Krass Wyms

I've updated it to replace it with a Life Drain crystal, but I want to point it out that while these crystals seem to directly drain the life from an already-alive being, the Bonedigger's function only works to collect the "soul energy" (if you will) of beings immediately killed by the weapon, so it would be a reduction in terms of ability.

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge

You still reference a dantari crystal in different locations.

Now onto the meat of this. The ability to pull in souls and then use them is a strong alchemical enhancement. There have been weapons made with the ability but not on the scale you want. It was very specific and limited in scope. It didn't get more powerful the more people killed.... and this doesn't have a distinction between npc's that can be mowed down to charge it up for powerful attacks. You have it getting more power draw that can help but you can also control the flow of your weapon and in one post or ten reload and use it as much as you want to charge it up before attacking someone in a pvp scenario.

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge

I would suggest removing the effect truthfully but if the route you want to go is alchemical then yes things could be done.

First step is change crystal to an alchemically altered Soul snare this would though remove the power amplification capabilities of traditional crystals as it didn't have those properties.

Once it would be alchemically enhanced to capture souls it would be able to absorb them and could add the power to the weapon but at its best it might be more like a knock back effect added over the ability to have stacking stronger and stronger shots.

Krass Wyms Krass Wyms

Sorry for taking a couple of days to get back to you.

I would like to revert this submission back to its original use of a bleeding kyber crystal. My case for this is that the Kyber Crystal is described as a conduit that is attuned and resonates with the Force. I feel that this means that interpretations of abilities and feats that a Kyber Crystal, particularly one that is made to bleed through complete corruption with the Dark Side, can be very wide and varied. In this instance, capturing the force energy/souls/whatever most appropriate term of those killed by the blaster and channeling it back into the weapon is something that would be technologically feasible. Star Wars is a science-fantasy universe after all, and I don't think objects -- especially those that have to do a lot with the Force -- should be limited to specific abilities.

As for balance in terms of PvP -- naturally, any writer calls their own damage, and a writer using this weapon who tries to power game/call hits would be rightfully reported. However, I'm willing to add some clarifying language to the submission detailing that it's not a crazy amount of power increase with each kill, to protect it from serious abuse (although I think the idea of "you abuse it, you lose it" could apply very well to this submission). If there are alternative methods that you might suggest to balance the weapon from being seriously 'overpowered,' I'm open to them as well.

Krass Wyms Krass Wyms

I have changed it to an alchemized kyber crystal. Your suggestion of a soul snare does have the properties in terms of collecting souls, but as you stated earlier it does not contain the physical power refraction capabilities needed to channel that power back into the weapon. I also decided to go with an alchemized kyber due to the fact that given the circumstances of the weapon's creation, an alchemized kyber crystal would've been easier to produce than a soul snare. As for balancing the weapon, I've added language that details the power increase with each kill is only a small increment. Does that look good?

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge

How it is harder to make a soul snare?

hands up hand

It matters little the issue of increasing the already strong shots (even by a little with no metric to measure it) by absorbing npc's/pc's killed. Alchemical creations in the legends that absorbed souls for sith to use did so with force users. This can as I said before expend all but one shot, absorb the power and then try to have a shot that goes finally to someone in pvp with x multiplier. Reload and repeat in the same post then do it again.

For that potential and that you keep changing one part of the sub but will leave other areas. (you say it in the description it is a little while in special features it makes no mention of it) It has a small ammo capacity but extended mags as a special feature as well.

I am denying this but you are free to second chance it. I would recommend making the subs wording and altering the damage. Extreme as the base with each shot getting stronger... extreme should be the upper level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom