Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech The Helmets of Conquest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce Nelson

B
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
sci_fi_helmet.png

• Intent: To sub a Force Relic that will be used by Bruce later, and flesh out the amount of Force Relics on the board.
  • Image Source: Weeping_Angel#2134 2nd Link 3rd Link 4th Link
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source:
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Force Relic
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Resistances:
    • Energy: Average
    • Kinetic: Average
    • Lightsabers: Extreme
    • Other:
      Environmental: High
    • Poisons: High
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Telescopic Vision
  • Microscopic Vision
  • Binocular Vision
  • Infra-Red Vision
  • X-Ray Vision
STRENGTHS

• Environmental Protection: This protects the wielder against environmental hazard.
  • Toxin Protection: The helmet has protection against poisons, and toxins.
  • Force Blasts (Lightside Energy)
  • Hard Light Constructs
WEAKNESSES
  • Force Nullification: Force Nullification would strip the helmet of the properties given to it by the Force, namely the massive amplification of the power that the user could utilize.
  • EMPS: EMPs would render the technological features of the helmet useless.
  • Ion Weaponry would render the technological features of the helmet useless.
DESCRIPTION

Original:
A Jedi Artisan realized that with the power the Sith held, they would continue to grow while the Jedi stagnated. Due to this, he decided to bend the Jedi Code and create a powerful artifact capable of leveling the playing field against anyone who it was used against. Gathering materials from across the cosmos, he used his considerable knowledge of the Force and metallurgy in order to create the helmet that would be his magnum opus, his masterpiece. The helmet is capable of allowing the user to survive in space unassisted as well as hostile environments. It is capable of projecting blasts of raw Force Energy. The last thing it can do is make constructs via the Hard Light Weapon Technology. However, the technology integrated into the Helmet uses the Force Crystals to generate them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Bruce Nelson

Hi lets get started....

This is being denied on concept. It is absurdly overpowered to the point that the edits and balancing required for it would destroy or fundamentally alter your sub into a completely different item. You can second chance this but I would recommend drastically scaling down the capabilities to one or maybe two powers at maximum.

Bruce Nelson

Good Morning,

Having looked through the submission I've come to the conclusion that the submission needs a lot of fleshing out and explaining before I can pass it.

I have listed the most important points below?

Ratings

This submission's ratings are overpowered by two ratings as per the summary in the link below.

Production: Limited: 2
Weight: Heavy: 1
Energy: Average: 0
Kinetic: Average: 0
Lightsabers: Extreme: -3
Environmental: High: -1
Poisons: High: -1

2+1-3-1-1=-2

Total: 2 points overpowered

You will need to reduce the resistances or the production level of the submission to balance it out.

Strengths

• Force Amplification: The helmet massively amplifies the Force Abilities of the wearer of it so long as the Force Abilities have a "physical" feature to them.

Please clarify what you mean by massively amplifies the Force Abilities? How much do they improve the user's abilities? Also, please could you confirm what you mean by powers with "physical" features?

• Storage: The Helmet can store weapons for the user to utilize.

How does the helmet store weapons for the user?

• Environmental Protection: This protects the wielder against environmental hazard.

How does the helmet provide environmental protections to the user?

• Toxin Protection: The helmet has protection against poisons, and toxins.

How does the helmet provide protection against poisons and toxins?

Weaknesses

• Corruption: Should the wielder fall to the Dark Side, so too would the helmet. It would then require being cleansed in order to use the powers the helmet has properly.

How does corruption prevent someone from using the powers of the helmet properly?

Bruce Nelson

B
The helmet is tied to the Lightside of the Force. As such, corrupting the helmet would mean that the powers of the Helmet would be nullified and negated requiring it to be essentially remade.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Dimension_Shift This is how it stores items in a Pocket Dimension for use.

As to how environmental protection, it forms a "bubble" of Force Energy around the user that protects them from hostile environments.

The amplification of the Force is say:

They could use telekinesis to crush vehicles with the bare minimum of exertion on their part.

Physical Ones mean ones that enhance the body or cause physical damage.

John Locke John Locke

Bruce Nelson

How is it tied to the lightside of the force? None of the abilities that you've mentioned are solely tied to the lightside, and what's to stop a darksider from wearing the helmet and using its abilities? The helmet wouldn't necessarily have to be corrupted for a darksider to use it.

There is, as far as I know, no known examples of Jedi being able to just crush vehicles that easily. While I know this is an artefact designed to boost someone's power, the level of power you're describing is immense, and not something I feel is sufficiently balanced with weaknesses. That level of Telekinesis could be turned on a person to flatten them into a pancake, to blow out the sides of a ship with very little problem. Aside from carrying voidstone or a ysalimir, how is someone supposed to defeat the wearer of this helmet or survive an encounter?

What's to stop them from using that level of power to use force body to make themselves effectively invulnerable?

My suggestion would be to scale back the level of power you're envisioning here significantly to make it a more balanced creation.

Bruce Nelson

B
John Locke John Locke

Headshots are one way. Or explosives.
Explode the face of the wielder off. The helmet only protects the Face, not the rest of the body from damage as well. I will remove Force Body, if need be.

As to the helmet, it was made with the Lightside of the Force. It was alchemized with the Light Side of the Force.

Bruce Nelson

That isn't precisely what I mean.

Killing someone isn't a weakness of this submission, it's a general weakness of everyone. The factory works on a system of balance, especially when it comes to alchemized artifacts. What is the specific weakness of the helmet that means that someone fighting you could defeat its capabilities without just killing the user.

Reading through the submission again I noticed that you have several powers listed in the description section of the submission that aren't mentioned anywhere else. These include:

Telepathic protection and feedback
Exploding sphere of lightside energy
The ability to fire a blast of the force like a blaster bolt.

It seems to me that with this helmet you're trying to do everything and fit as many powers onto it as you can. I'd strongly suggest you pare it down to just one or two abilities and focus on those. In its current state this helmet is just far too powerful, and too incomplete a submission for me to pass it.

Bruce Nelson

My apologies, the site ate your tag.

I just have 2 points I wish to raise.

1) Affiliation: You need to have the helmet affiliated with someone now. You can choose to affiliate it as closed market and then let your characters use it in the future when they're ready.

2) What is a force construct?

Bruce Nelson

B
1. Fixed that.
2. Force Constructs are essentially various items made out of raw Force Energy. This is akin to a Force Saber (But in various shapes / the like.) It wouldn't have the same cutting power as a Force Saber / Lightsaber. Essentially it allows the helmet to produce Constructs of Various Hand Held Items.

John Locke John Locke

Bruce Nelson

Thank you for fixing that.

In regards to the force constructs, do you have any canon backing of these force constructs? The Wookieepedia article on Forcesabers doesn't have anything included about them being created from pure force energy and lightsabers certainly aren't. The concept here sounds very much like the Green Lantern's powers from the DC universe.

As you are aware, we don't allow crossover RP. Please could you provide some basis for these powers?

Bruce Nelson

B
Here is one example of the Force Power that inspired the idea. It is essentially an off shoot of Telekinesis that I thought of.
John Locke John Locke

Last edited by a moderator:
Bruce Nelson

While I do understand what you're aiming for, Force Barrier isn't a construct as you're describing. It's simple using the force to shield yourself.

I can't find any other proof of constructs if you want to boost Telekinesis that would make sense.

Bruce Nelson

B
Ugh. I really don't want it to lose the construct ability. How could I make it keep it, John Locke John Locke ? It's limited to hand held weapons, only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom