Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech The Swordbearer's Legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

S W O R D B E A R E R ' S
L E G A C Y
matt-lichy-d2-dlc1-merc-sword-1.jpg

"Thousands of generations have fought with this blade. They now live on with you."
- Inscription on the Grip

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create an exotic weapon for future roleplay.
  • Image Source: x
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Beskad
  • Size: Large
  • Weight: Light
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Alchemically-augmented kyber crystal bestows swordsmanship knowledge and skill of previous wielders.
  • Legacy knowledge can be 'called' on by a user desiring it.
  • Legacy knowledge can only be active for a short amount of time.
  • Blade forged with a monomolecular edge.
  • Unique aerodynamic inlay for faster swings and cuts.
  • Perfectly-forged balance for ease-of-use.
  • Agrinium grip core carved to increase handling capability.
STRENGTHS
  • Legacy: A kyber crystal set within the pommel of the beskad allows a user, for a short period of time, to call upon the knowledge and skill of previous users. Doing this allows the wielder to increase their speed, stamina, precision, and mental awareness, which can be useful in duels against skillful opponents. The Swordbearer's Legacy also stores the skill of the current user, making its ability stronger as more people use it.
  • Mastery Forged: The Swordbearer's Legacy is expertly forged, able to withstand blows from even lightsabers. It is resilient and is said to be able to slice through any obstacle so long as its use is strong enough. Even after hundreds of years, its blade is still sharp and the beskad is in perfect condition.
  • High Worth: The uniqueness of the Swordbearer's Legacy and its expert craftsmanship make it an extremely valuable weapon.
WEAKNESSES
  • Long Ranges: The Swordbearer's Legacy is a melee weapon, and quite literally falls short at long ranges.
  • Force-Dead: The legacy knowledge of the Swordbearer's Legacy will not function in areas void of the Force or with Force-dead users.
  • Legacy Duration: The legacy knowledge of the Swordbearer's Legacy can only be called on for a short period of time, one-to-two minutes in total before the kyber crystal needs to be allowed to cool down. Overstressing the kyber crystal would result in the crystal being destroyed and the sword losing the Legacy ability (the cooldown would last the remainder of a thread).
  • Tight Quarters: The large size of the sword makes it not ideal in tight or enclosed situations, which may encumber the movement needed to effectively wield the beskad.
DESCRIPTION
To be good at wielding a sword, particularly the traditional beskad of the Mandalorian warrior, is a feat in it of itself. Unlike a blaster, a crude weapon whose basic function boils down to 'point and shoot,' a good swordsman will train for decades to become a master at his weapon. Knowing how to anticipate an opponent, to strike, dodge, and weave between cuts and blows, and to do it all in the split of a second requires skill unbeknownst to most.

Yet, for a short period of time, the Swordbearer's Legacy can grant all of that skill and knowledge to its wielder in an instance -- this being specifically technical knowledge and muscle memory that would be required to be skillful with a blade, but no increase to physical strength that might be necessary depending on the wielder to perform certain feats of swordsmanship.

Passed down through generations of masters at the beskad, tapping into the knowledge stored within the blade allows a user to wield the sword with almost unearthly skill. This ability, once tapped into, can only last for a short amount of time before being reset, but it's enough time to best nearly any opponent if played right. Its function is similar to that of the Force Power Drain Knowledge, but it is both different and slightly more tame. It is able to 'drain knowledge' by absorbing the martial prowess of a user, but its also able to reverse that and grant all stored knowledge to a current user even if for a limited time. Likewise, it also isn't as violent and merciless.

This ability, combined with its lightweight and master craftsmanship -- such as the alchemy used to augment the kyber crystal, or the forging to make the weight of the blade light -- make the Swordbearer's Legacy a unique and powerful weapon to own, and a dangerous weapon to face off against.

Last edited:

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Hello The Quartermaster The Quartermaster , I will be reviewing your sub. Sorry about the delay.

THE GOOD:
I like this idea. It reminds me of the Blood Sword

THE BAD:
Beskar is able to be light or heavy. You do not detail which forging process is used here the one you want for the weight would add carbons to create a molecular cage. A sentence or two with these details would be much appreciated.

The kyber crystal without force augmentation has no known ability to store a persons essence. If it has such an augmentation please add the detail and as with most force augmentation of this type it would increase the weight. Additional details of whether it is a force weapon or alchemy type enhancement. Alchemy would make it have a dark presence and explain how it could absorb previous wielders to feed its own power. I would like a clarification of what type of enhancement was used from imbuing the augmentation to the crystal or alchemically altering the sword before proceeding.

The other big issue is previous wielders, since it is meant to be ancient and have had hundreds it would without a comprehensive list be able to deus ex situations. You did make limitations to time but it is vague enough that you can have any skill at anytime just be there. I would request a pool of sorts, notable users to avoid the random "now I can do this" scenario please.

This reminds me of the blood sword of the thirteen artifacts minus the bloodlust and making the wielder want to feed souls to the blade... but it does have some of the functions where wielders added to the power and it got stronger over the centuries.
but monomolecular edging = red band that cuts through anything Darkness Wiki
legacy imbuement = symbiosis The Blood sword
ancient blade that has had many users who all became a part of it and their skills can be recalled.

Last edited:

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
The Quartermaster The Quartermaster

That looks... minimal. Very little was changed or explained and you answered none of my questions or concerns about it. The inclusion of it enhancing your strength, speed, stamina and combat prowess makes it more like the blood sword in use and combined with the other similarities. I have to deny this on the grounds of plagiarism. I gave the benefit that you might not have known it and a chance to change it and adhere more to the in universe.

Plagiarism will not be tolerated. Small excerpts may be included from other sources in a sub, but they must include a credit, link, and be clearly marked.

I am going to deny the submission. If you feel that this is in error you may second chance here.

The Quartermaster The Quartermaster

While I do believe that any similarities between this submission and the blood sword are purely coincidental, there are several issues with this submission that need to be cleared up, and hopefully, by the time we're done those similarities will be taken care of.

1) The Legacy Knowledge
Legacy: A kyber crystal set within the pommel of the beskad allows a user, for a short period of time, to call upon the knowledge and skill of previous users. Doing this allows the wielder to increase their speed, stamina, precision, and mental awareness, which can be useful in duels against skillful opponents. The Swordbearer's Legacy also stores the skill of the current user, making its ability stronger as more people use it.

This is a very powerful ability, the ability to increase speed, stamina and share the skill of past swordmasters is something that seems overpowered at first glance in a way that isn't balanced out by the rest of this submission. What are the limits to this ability, what are its weaknesses? Could you go into a little more detail on this element of the submission? This ability is the main function of the blade, but you don't really expand on how capable it is, and what downsides might come with it.

2) Monomolecular Blade
Blade forged with a monomolecular blade pattern.

A monomolecular blad is one that is only a single molecule thick, and as suck isn't really able to be used repeatedly. It's fragile enough to break or dull after it's first use, I believe you mean a mono-molecular edge.

John Locke John Locke

With the suggestion you gave, I added a weakness that the Legacy effect of the sword can only last for one to two minutes, and after that, it has to cool down for effectively the remainder of a thread. On top of that, I added the additional caveat that if this cooldown is ignored, the crystal -- and subsequently Legacy effect -- would be destroyed for good. Does that look alright?

John Locke John Locke

It's function is similar to that of Drain Knowledge, but its both different and slightly more tame. It is able to 'drain knowledge' by absorbing the martial prowess of a user, but its also able to reverse that and grant all stored knowledge to a current user even if for a limited time. It also isn't as violent and merciless. Would you prefer that I add this into the submission?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom