Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Populate Picking up the Pieces - GA Populate Of Vicondor

Silas Westgard Silas Westgard

While it would be apt to joke around, Colette also liked to keep it serious when the situation called for it. This was not quite a situation that she figured was meant for it. If anything it could very well cheapen the experience of those around them, causing hurt if overheard. As such, she nodded along as Silas explained the situation.

"No lack of those idiots." Colette added and shook her head in disapproval. "Do we have sentries or scouts around the area to make sure we aren't caught by surprise?"

She sure hoped so.

"How tight are we keeping the security around here? Anyone or anything in particular to look out for?"

Jonyna's casual attitude was…strangely soothing? It made Cora feel a little more normal in the wake of a catastrophe.

She smiled. She truly, genuinely smiled - it was small, and it was sad, but it was there.

"Tried and succeeded, I'm afraid." The blonde chuckled quietly, fingers brushing the bridge of her swollen nose. "I do hope that your arm heals quickly. If you're feeling up to it, medical supplies to the right, and rations to the left." As she gestured to either side of the tent, blue eyes softened when they passed over the Cathar. An injured comrade was not a new sight for her, but something about seeing a Jedi hurt in defense of her home hit differently.

Especially given that after causing sufficient damage, the Mandalorians withdrew. Had the Alliance successfully chased them off, or did they only come here to bloody an Alliance world? The thought made her bristle, enough for her to accidentally pop a bag of bacta that was under her telekinetic grip.

"Oh-" The Padawan grimaced, watching as the liquid pooled onto the ground. "Sorry, I-" A heavy sigh had her shoulders falling. "I grew up on Ukatis, so it's…hard to be here."

Yet right now, it was the only place she'd wanted to be.

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

two.png

Objective 1 | Licking Wounds
Triage.

Separating the dying into two camps: The Hopeless, and those who could be saved.

Denn bowed at his instruction and then looked to the figure whose conversation he had intruded on. Mr. Mynn, though he did not know his name. "Sir. A capable logistician such as yourself is a boon in such times as these."

At that moment, Eloise notified the group of the injured woman with the crushed limbs.

"We will have to use care," he said, "when the pressure is removed from the limb, we can expect a massive bleeding event as blood becomes free to circulate through the damaged tissue. A quick and careful application of a tourniquet may preserve her life once the debris is lifted away."

He proceeded with Eloise to find the woman in need of aid. It might require their combined efforts to save her.

Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn
Amani Serys Amani Serys
Kellen Mynn Kellen Mynn

We will either find a way, or make one.
I learned from my mother and father, but I am not them!

jedi_master_male___concept_design_by_ron_faure_dao0fwq-414w-2x.jpg

[Any text in brackets signifies comm-link usage and not face to face conversation]
SECTOR: Kiffu
MISSION: Search and Rescue
TAGS: Anthony Gray Sun Anthony Gray Sun

Shaking the man's hand, Connell was glad to help. This is not an ideal situation, but if life went by the proverbial "book" there would be no need for people like them. Not that this was a bad thing. Once they reached the outside, Connell turned around to ask: I'm actually at your service here. So, I think you would be better to lead the way.

The young Jedi Knight was not trying to be humble or anything, just that this individual was wearing Service Corps gear, he would be better served calling the shots. Connell was not one to really want to take the lead anyway, he didn't have the experience. No sirrr, you guys are the heroes we should be.

54NFnOt.png

OBJECTIVE II - THUNDER ROLLS

Maldor looked through the bridge viewports as the ship took its position over the city's power station.

"Stationkeeping," Captain Velcin ordered, and the repulsorlifts of the massive ship held it in place, aloft as though by magic. Whenever Maldor thought about the capabilities of modern technology, he was in danger of being amazed.

"Initiate shield polarization," Velcin followed.

It did not take long for the lightning to shift its focus once the ship's shields had been turned into a magnet for the electron bolts. The ship shuddered as a half dozen fierce forks of white light slammed into her.

"Shields holding... ninety-eight percent," a voice announced from the pit.

A two-percent loss in the opening seconds. That was not auspicious for their long-term success.

Another hot white blaze illuminated the viewports.

"Ninety-seven percent."

Once the shields were depleted, the lightning-bolts would impact the hull. Normal lightning would be no problem. But the magnitude of these strikes might impact ship systems as though the ship had been struck by an ion cannon.

"Sir," Velcin said, "the ship won't sustain this for long. But I have an idea, with your leave?"

"The ship is yours," Maldor replied with a wave.

"Identify an unpopulated region within weapons range," Velcin ordered, not hesitating to take advantage of his free-reign.

There was a pause, then, "there's a patch of water within targeting range with no watercraft on scope, Sir."

Velcin nodded, "Deliver a sustained barrage of turbolaser fire to that location with all batteries that have line-of-sight."

Maldor frowned, not understanding. "Captain... how will bombarding the surface help our cause?"

Velcin shrugged, "It may not. But I have a hunch. Turbolaser fire produces a trail of ionized air molecules in its wake, when fired through an atmosphere. These ionozed particles could produce a favorable route for the lightning to take to ground."

Sure enough, as the barrage started, the lightning strikes on the ship lessened, with many of the bolts preferring to follow the trail of the turbolasers, smashing into the waters. The sea began to boil in that region, doubtless to the detriment of local wildlife.

But the city and the ship were spared.

Maldor nodded, impressed. He would never admit it out loud, but he had a lot to learn before he would be truly qualified to command a ship like this one.

"Transmit to repair crews below," Maldor spoke up, wanting his voice to be heard so that everyone could be reminded that this was his mission, "tell them they can proceed with repairs on the power station without fear... but urge them to be swift."

Alexander didn’t miss a beat as he grabbed some equipment and hauled himself up and out of the vehicle. The moment his head was in the open, the K’paur was immediately looking around for potential hostiles. Alex been in too many similar scenarios, on active battlefields, to not still have that habit burned into him.

He listened to what Bren had to say, but the K’paur’s focus was mostly elsewhere. Gaze shifting down the road they had taken, and the now destroyed vehicle.

The second explosion that hit us, that sent the Ronto on its side, was likely a mine. But the question that’s bugging me, is where did the first one come from?

Could there be a hostile out there that had managed to set off an explosion? Or was it merely a freak incident that they had struck two explosives in short succession.

Alexander despised not knowing which was the correct answer.

He turned to Talis, giving him a small nod. “We could do with a bird’s eye view of things, see if anyone is near.” But the K’paur had an additional idea, and he turned to address Bart.

Let’s open up comms, see if we can’t pick up any nearby signals.” It wouldn't be as strong if they were still on the Ronto, but it would still be something at the very least. There were no doubt survivors still stuck out here in the middles of nowhere

The only easy day was yesterday.
You know those types you don't want to meet in a dark alley?

navy-seals-dive-operations-1800.jpg

BLUE TEAM - Michael,

OVERWATCH AND AUTOMATED PILOTING -Seraphim
Michael,Seraphim
[Any text in brackets signifies comm-link usage and not face to face conversation]

two.png

Objective 1 | Licking Wounds

Bren was formulating a plan in his mind, but was more than glad that Hayes spoke up. The ideas were good as well. Especially when Bart took off his comms pack and waved Alexander over. "Can you help me, it's easy to use." This was the teamwork Bren wanted to see.

Good call. Bart, get to work on that drone, Cren, Talis… set a perimeter. Speedo, get high.

Each of them nodded with an "oorah" and Bren took a step, not to take a break but to tap his throat comm-link. If he could get through, it would make things a lot easier.

[Seraphim, are you picking me up?]

[I am, Lieutenant, unfortunately I cannot triangulate your signal, or that of the Ronto.]

[I am, Lieutenant, unfortunately I cannot triangulate your signal, or that of the Ronto.]

[We were ambushed. Survived and okay, but we need a ride.]

[Unfortunately, I am unable to locate your position, but will continue to run scans..]

[Don't worry about that then. If I send you an image of the Ronto, would you be able to determine the type of explosive and who in this sector are known to use it?.]

[I will do what I can, sir.]

Pulling an imager out of his front pocket and taking a few shots, he set one last message. [Sending.]

[Received, I will let you know when I find something.]

[["Contact right. Two small heat signatures."]] Speedo was the first to locate possible targets.

[Hold position. They might not know we are here, but be ready.]

TAG: Alexander Hayes Alexander Hayes /

... yeah, I scare them.​

NnQ2yw5.png

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"Trust me, I know the feeling." Jonyna offered a kind smile, rolling her own shoulders. "And don't worry. I've been through the ringer before. You should hear the story about how I made myself deaf for two weeks after I threw a thermal detonator into a cantina full of slavers once. Or that time I got impaled! That was from an Inquisitor. Thank Sylvar those weirdos aren't still around."

The reality was, Jonyna had already seen so much of...this. Wartorn planets with refugees looking for hope. Luckily, Jonyna was always there to offer some. "...how much you think this is gonna cost to repair?" Jonyna asked offhand.
"I could loan your kingdom some credits if you need it. Couple hundred million won't break my bank so long as Si tech keeps taking government contracts." She offered an almost hard to believe smile at that, a sense of optimism that most would scoff at. The Cathar had no use for credits, other than this. The funding of hope. The whole reason she had set up Si tech was for this. She knew that even on Cathar, credits made the galaxy turn. But to her, they were just numbers. Numbers she could avoid with a smile and a kind voice. Anything she needed, she'd lived off asking nicely for. Now she'd use her wealth to give back.

tag: Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania

Amani's duties were pulling her in multiple directions now. She was used to it, being in this position, but having to micromanage all the working parts could get a bit exhausting. She lifted her comlink, confirming her apprentice's message, "I'll be right over. Stop the bleeding if you can." The healer looked to Kellen, "Good timing on your part. We'll need to get this woman emergency care." Fresh supplies and a sterile ship medbay would go a long way.

With a bit of newfound urgency to her gait, Amani led the way to Eloise's location. Denn mused on the situation as they walked, "Hopefully they'll already have that covered when we get there." Every second was precious, and while her padawan hadn't exactly committed to a healer's path herself, Amani hoped she at least had enough know-how from her to do something other than stand around and watch.

When they arrived, sure enough the woman had received some basic care already. Tourniquets and splints on her legs, and an IV drip balancing out the blood loss. It was good application for an emergency situation, but they had the resources to serve the victim better. The individual primarily overseeing this was a man she didn't recognize, but it seemed he was working with Eloise. "Yeah. Let's get her on a stretcher," She looked around at some of the other working volunteers, and whistled for them to bring one over. They did so in quick fashion, and Amani knelt down to help move the woman onto it. Once she was secure, the healer began to work her magic. The Force itself accelerated the healing process, coagulating blood and mending flesh. It couldn't fix it perfectly in this state, but it left her in much better hopes than she had been before.

"That should keep her steady while she gets proper treatment," Amani nodded to Eloise, "I'm glad you called me over. Anything else you two need?" She looked between both her padawan and the man she was associating with.

Todblaz Graker

Makes me wish for a nuclear winter

two.png

Tags: Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn | Kellen Mynn Kellen Mynn | Denn Verdan Denn Verdan | Amani Serys Amani Serys

Standing back from the woman, Tod put his hands on his hip in a proud stance, he was content with his work. Now it was simply: give her fluids and keep her stable. He added the opioids to help alleviate any pain, understanding the risk of respiratory depression, but he had naloxone on hand if that situation occurred.

"She'll be fine, a sit in a bacta tank or whatever you use at your base and those legs should heal." Truly he didn't know how she would fair, but to his general assessment and what he thought the technology that would be used, she could make a full recovery. Tod stepped back and listened to what his companion had said into a comlink. His job with the patient was done there would be a team to take it from where he finished.

Seeing the arrival of more aid he changed postures to a more relaxed one and watched quietly as they worked. Tod saw who he suspected the leader was use to force healing on the patient. Tod never liked that method of healing, while he couldn't deny its effectiveness he always preferred a harder approach, found it more fun. However he didn't know how hard that type of healing could be due to not being a force-user.

The woman spoke to Tod and his 'friends:'

"That should keep her steady while she gets proper treatment," ; "I'm glad you called me over. Anything else you two need?"

"I'm good." Tod said bluntly. He moved his hands to his pockets and started off to continue his route.

two.png

0v7RlQs.png

Ukatis
Outfit:
Link
Weapon: Link
Tag: Amani Serys Amani Serys Denn Verdan Denn Verdan Todblaz Graker Todblaz Graker Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn

Kellen followed his two fellow Jedi as they began to move toward where they were called for assistance some ways away from the CCP. Another, albeit smaller, collection point had been made by a few volunteers. And while the entire situation was tragic indeed, the Jedi Master couldn't help but appreciate watching everyone come together to provide aide simply for the sake of doing so.

Once again, Kellen pulled out his communicator as he glanced at the unknown man and who he perceived to be Serys' padawan, giving them both a cursory and friendly nod. "Sending coordinates now, need a shuttle prepped for casualty extract. LZ clear." The Alliance Officer on the other end confirmed the coordinates and the order, informing a shuttle would be touching down within five minutes. No doubt they were busy as Kellen remained in contact with them as they tried to get help where it was needed most. He needed to establish a main outpost of sort to effectively coordinate the shuttles and supplies.

"Shuttle is in bound, let's get that stretcher to it once it arrives. I fear more than just this woman will need assistance." Kellen glanced back toward Amani after watching her work her masterful healing arts on the patient. "Impressive work. Glad to hear your reputation proceeded you."

0v7RlQs.png

"I-I can feel them too," she stated. "My legs have 'feelers.' They're all tingly with the lingering energy in the air."

"You know how like, an aerial is just a long wire the right size and shape for a certain frequency? Well, think of all those wires in your legs. If a lightning bolt puts out waves at all frequencies some of it is gonna get through the shielding and make you feel something."

Makko might not have been an academic achiever, but he knew his tech at the level he needed to. Not feeling like continuing on the subject of Cora and Ukatis in the moment, Makko turned his attention to the power plant.

"Let's make a run for it," he said. "Hopefully we can figure out what's salvageable and get some techs on a call to reboot the grid."

hI1QPyy.png

Denn watched the Chief Healer as she used her talents to mend the legs of the injured woman.

Not all the way.

No, she conserved her strength. She healed the legs just enough to be sure that they would finish healing successfully on their own. This, too, was a form of triage. Only expending the energy necessary in each case. The efforts needed to fully heal one person might save a half-dozen lives if more carefully and precisely applied.

"You are wise, Master Serys," he observed aloud.

Even a Jedi Healer didn't have an infinite ability to direct the Force.

That was why the efforts of conventional medics like Todblaz (whose name Denn did not know) were so important. The Force had to be used surgically and strategically. Conventional emergency medicine would do the heavy lifting here.

Master Mynn summoned a shuttle, and Denn made himself useful by helping to see the injured woman on board. Once she was secure, he re-entered the field to find a new patient.

He intended to follow the example which Amani had set.

Kellen Mynn Kellen Mynn
Todblaz Graker Todblaz Graker
Amani Serys Amani Serys
Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn

Katherine felt that goosebump-like sensation across her skin, though she mostly brushed it off as just being a result of where they were. That, and the no doubt great deal of static electricity buzzing in the air. And yet, she still couldn’t shake that feeling as the trio began their trek towards the power station.

Only for a muffled voice to suddenly break through the chilly atmosphere.

The winged Padawan spared a glance towards Valery, but Marigold was the first to make a move. Rushing over towards the source and immediately beginning to try and move the debris, to some minor success.

Katherine ran over, placing a hand on the Padawan’s shoulder. “Let us handle this, Marigold.” She gave the young girl a nod, before taking action. The redhead raised her hands, focusing on the Force and began levitating some of the debris. Smaller chunks were easier to deal with, the larger they got the more Katherine had to just lift and slid them to the side. The biggest pieces required Valery’s assistance.

Bit by bit though, they were making their way towards the injured man. His voice was muffled, and as more debris was removed it became clearer that it was being filtered through a modulator. That unsettling chill settled across Katherine’s skin again.

One last large piece was slid to the side, and the Padawan’s hands immediately shifted to her lightsaber. She didn’t grab it outright, but instinct was screaming at her to.

Lying before them was a half-buried Mandalorian. Certainly not the same gold-plated warrior that Katherine had faced on Ryloth, but a Mandalorian all the same. Their lower body and right arm were still obscured by debris, but their torso, head and left arm were free.

Katherine looked to Valery on what they should do.

Amani brought a whole medical team with her to help the unfortunate woman. Eloise watched them work, first with Amani using the Force to speed up the healing process, then having the volunteers carry her away on a stretcher for further treatment.

"That should keep her steady while she gets proper treatment," Amani nodded to Eloise, "I'm glad you called me over. Anything else you two need?"

"Albrecht could use something to settle his stomach," Eloise remarked, though the set of her mouth suggested she had something else to say. Once the strange medic who had gotten things started walked away and everyone else was done oohing and ahhing over the Chief Healer's skills, she took a step toward Amani to give their conversation some manner of discretion.

"That guy was weird. Kept talking about how technology can only get you so far, and how he preferred to use old methods. It just didn't feel right, so I called you." She shrugged. "Back to searching for survivors, I guess."

J1tvPzz.png

Kiffu
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsabers
Tag: Marigold Marigold Katherine Holt Katherine Holt

Seeing Marigold blush over the whole blaster thing brought a gentle smile to Valery's lips. It felt good seeing her like that, rather than have her be purposefully annoying to get a reaction out of people. Though, when she expressed some uncertainty about using the Force, Valery did offer a more reassuring dip of her head, "We'll figure things out, so don't worry. I'm sure you'll be able to learn a lot either way."

But before they could, it seemed they had an unexpected problem.

Marigold was very quick to rush over and offer her help, but with some rather heavy chunks of debris pinning the Mandalorian warrior down, there wasn't much she could do. "Just stand clear and keep your blaster ready," Valery said, just to be safe. It was unlikely that the Mandalorian would open fire after being rescued, but they could never know for sure.

Valery then raised her own hand, and together with Katherine, lifted up enough of the debris to reveal the man in plated armor. With a second flick of her hand, she sent the little bits covering his legs scattering away, and finally, the Mandalorian began to crawl to safety.

"Hold it right there," she told the warrior, and he did listen. "We're going to get you medical assistance, but you will be taken to the nearest Alliance camp," she said before looking at the Padawans. "Marigold, can you take his blasters, please?" she asked, while Katherine and Valery herself would put down the debris first.

But right as Marigold would start to move, the Mandalorian's hand slipped down towards his blaster.

Deaf? Impaled?

Cora blinked, then chucked quietly. A few years ago she would've balked, but now such things seemed like normal Jedi fare.

"Cost?" The blonde blinked curiously before her expression sobered in thought. "That is incredibly generous of you, Jonyna, but I…wouldn't be able to do much with it. I'm not in a position of power here anymore."

The Padawan chewed the inner corner of her cheek; it dawned on her that she'd been seen by civilians and nobles alike during their defense of the planet. While that wasn't necessary a bad thing, her banishment hadn't been public knowledge. Even if the King knew that she was here, she was doubtful that he'd spare her much thought when there was so much else to do.

"I could try to set up a meeting between you and the King, Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok He's…"

Drifting off, Cora turned her focus back to the supplies. They still had a task to do.

"We should get these over to Amani Serys Amani Serys and the others. They're still pulling people out of the rubble, so they'll need all the bacta and bandages they can get."

Waving a hands, she levitated a few crates from the tent floor and held open the flap.

“Who…who gave you that broken arm, Jonyna?”

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

The stranger left abruptly, but Amani chose not to pay it any mind for the moment. She gave Kellen a nod, till she grew a bashful smirk in response to both his and Denn's praises, "Just doing my job," She remained humble, "The rest is up to that shuttle." The extra help would make their work a lot more efficient in the long run. Kellen's arrival with the fleet had proven quite the blessing.

Eloise made a joke, but it hid something else on her mind. Amani met her halfway and leaned in discreetly, her gaze inevitably turning to the stranger still walking away. Odd. She patted Eloise's shoulder affirmingly, "Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep an eye out," Amani couldn't exactly afford to invesitaget a hunch in the midst of all this, but she knew to be on the lookout, if nothing else. As a final parting, she said, "Just don't overextend yourself. Let me know if you find anything else that needs my attention."

two.png

Objective: Help the refugees
Tags: Colette Colette
div1.png

"You can say that again..." he said with a sigh, there was certainly no lack of idiots throughout the galaxy "We have a few of our men keeping an eye out in the small guard towers we put up close to the wooden walls. Due to the number of camps that are scattered around the planet, they could only send us so many men" Silas understood their forces needed to be divided so most of the camps could be covered, but it was clear they needed more hands with more refugees coming their way.

"Come with me, I'll walk you over to the main gate" With a motion to join his side, he began to walk in the direction of the main vantage point "I'll be honest Colette the camp is too big to cover every angle. The watchtowers will give us a few moments to prepare, yet with men looking after the civilians we don't have many soldiers on the walls. It's a nightmare, however, I'm certain we can handle it one way or another" he said with a curious look to the Padawan.

"If we get attacked, you must be prepared to defend these people with your life. There cannot be no hesitation in that situation..."

Last edited:

J1tvPzz.png

Kiffu
Tags: Makko Vyres Makko Vyres

Loomi_divider.png

"Let's make a run for it,"

"Yes, sir- I mean Makko, sir," Loomi nodded.

She could run. That was something she could do very well. The Godoan sprang forward, keeping her woven shield over her head as her mechanical legs carried her quickly towards the damaged facility and slipped her way through an oppening. It was second nature really. After all, she was used to crawling into tight places to steal things. Not by her own free will, of course. Loomi hated stealing. Even using a sliver of those instincts made her sick a little, but she brushed that asside.

"Th-this place feels... off," she noted, her antennae tasting the air around them. "The structure is stable, I think, b-but something in here is giving off a lot of energy."

Something in the plant was damaged, they already knew that of course, but it seemed more severe than they had anticipated. Ultimately Makko was the knight here, and seemed to know a lot more about tech. All she could do was look to him for guidence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom