Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Paranormal Activity [GA Mission]

eKK6LXD.jpg

Ghost Town
Tags: Shan Pavond Shan Pavond , Casaana Casaana , Colette Colette , Valery Noble Valery Noble , Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

El_Pajaro_Divider.png

Goldwing, Epo-1, R5-T399, "Bio"

"And you, don't try anything."

"I suggest we all relax a little," the Rishi chimed in from above. "We're all Jedi. The only thing I'm trying to do is the mission."

The avian boy plucked at the string on his bow, continuing to let a calming melodic tune ring out. This was a predicament indeed. At this rate the ghosts were the least of their worries. El Pájaro fluttered to the ground, stowing his bow before casually walking up to the rest of the party.

"Let's not jump to any irrational action," he shrugged. "I'd hate for the mission report to be a friendly fire incident."

They needed a reset.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Well this was an interesting twist.

Kahlil glanced between the two extra Padawans. Young, Padawans. Without a master in sight. He frowned, deeply. Especially since they both seemed to have a lightsaber. Who'd let this happen? There would be quite the talking to, to either the Padawan's who'd snuck away, or their Master's that had let them come alone. Neither was alright in his mind. Though he did at least recognize one of them.

"El Pájaro, where's your master?"

Needless to say, there was a huge sigh of relief for seeing Shan not actually in trouble. Especially after only just getting him back from the Sith. But right now, lecture time.

Colette Colette | Casaana Casaana | Shem Spinner Shem Spinner | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

eKK6LXD.jpg

Ghost Town
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Weapons: Blasters | Lightsaber
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Shan Pavond Shan Pavond Colette Colette Shem Spinner Shem Spinner Casaana Casaana

Even though Shan was completely fine, Valery mirrored her husband's worries. They had run into other Jedi, but both of them young Padawans who probably shouldn't be out here hunting ghosts together. At least they were safe, for now, so Valery let out a sigh of relief and looked at her own Padawan, who had naturally been ready to start throwing punches. It was nice, in a way, to know that she'd have Shan's back.

Just... it was the Colette way.

"Come on," she said, placing a hand on Colette's shoulder to pull her back a little. "You two are a little far away from the Temple all on your own, wouldn't you say?" she asked both Shem and Casaana.

"This place could be dangerous."

SW_Border_4_Low.png

gS7Qxff.jpeg

SW_Border_4_Top.png

Objective Two | Mining Colony

Outfit: Shocktrooper Armour
Appearance: Link

Weapons: DC-15A Blaster Rifle | DC-17 Blaster Pistol
Equipment: Thermal Detonators | Medpac | Multitool | Glowrods
Tag: Lt. Bren Alazar Lt. Bren Alazar | Yarmin Yarmin

SW_Border_2_Top.png

The presence of both special forces troopers was in equal parts reassuring as it was unnerving. 'Although,' he thought, as he silently returned the nod to Yarmin, 'if this was really bad, they'd have probably sent more than two.'

The appearance of the holoprojector arouses the interest of Makani's squad lead, who watched over his shoulder and listened in on the report with great interest. Her armour was much the same as his: white with steel-blue accents and a wide stripe up the centre of the chestplate. She also sported a sunvisor over her helmet, but in this environment it was little more than a fashion accessory. Even so, Makani quietly wished he had one too.

'New to the Galactic Alliance' was a phrase that gave Makani a puzzled look under his visor, tilting his head to look at Bren while they outlined their plan. Curiosity aside though, they were a superior officer, and he was prepared to follow their lead.
"Understood sir. Ready on your go." His curt reply was the only warning the other troopers needed that they were moving out. A number of them checked their weapons and counted their spare power packs before rising to their feet. With the two commandos making them a unit of twelve, they would naturally split into groups of four. Aside from the Sergeant and Makani, there was little to distinguish the other troopers, aside from one who carried a disposable rocket launcher over their shoulder and another who was brandishing a heavy blaster in place of the standard rifle, hauled along by a thick handle like a particularly unwieldy suitcase. Who went with who was up to Bren and Yarmin - they would all follow their orders.

"...Chasing you down? You're the one who jumped on me." Shan said rather simply, before wincing at the sudden glowstick being shoved in his face as he coughed and spluttered. "I don't lie! I'm not good at it." It was true. Shan always felt uncomfortable lying. It didn't come naturally to him, and he always preferred to speak the truth. Though that's when he felt the girl grabbing his lightsaber, causing Shan to try and get up again. "Leave that alone! It's not a toy for you to play with!"

Though it seemed the lightsaber helped in proving who he was, as Casaana Casaana got up to her feet. He raised an eyebrow at the girl trying to pull him...alongside her trying to take his lightsaber, as he held his hand out for it, grumbling a bit to himself. "Master Kahlil is going to be fine with me being a bit dirty. I've been through wor-"

At the sound of something rushing towards them, Shan didn't even bother to finish his sentence, instead turning himself around and keeping Casanna behind him in an attempt to protect her...only to come face to face with Colette Colette causing Shan to give an awkward chuckle. "Oh. Erh...Hi. You don't need to worry about these two...They're fellow Jedi...or at least the girl is." He jabbed his thumb back over towards Casanna, keeping a nervous and quite embarrassed smile on his face.

"Sorry for bothering you three...I just erh...fell behind doing my boots. And then I...fell." By the Force. It was embarrassing to talk about him falling down to the mud, and then being jumped by a little Padawan but he was hoping that it would help to keep the situation somewhat positive.

Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Valery Noble Valery Noble Shem Spinner Shem Spinner

eKK6LXD.jpg

Ghost Town

div-orange.png

Tags: Shan Pavond Shan Pavond Shem Spinner Shem Spinner Valery Noble Valery Noble Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Colette Colette

"You're pretty good at lying in the mud." Casaana rejoined, getting her fellow padawan up before the small clearing was bathed in the blue light of another lightsaber and some woman yelling that she was a kid and to let Shan go. So she did. Indignantly she yelled back from behind the protection of Shan as he moved to block her from the newcomer, "I'm not a kid, I'm thirteen!"

Then Pájaro tried to calm them all down in time for another Jedi she thought she recognized to appear and addressed him, as yet another Jedi she definitely recognized this time joined him. Master Noble herself. Casaana's little heart was sinking.

All she could do was nod from her position peering out from behind the larger boy as she tucked her 'blaster' away under her coat. Hopefully nobody had noticed, it wouldn't do to be caught playing by these two when she was supposed to have been with the group. "It's kinda dark but its not scary if you have your light." She weakly supplied in their defense. It really didn't seem that dangerous.

"El Pájaro, where's your master?"

"Huh?" Shem remarked, tilting his avian head. "Oh, my uncle is..."

The fearless El Pájaro turned back to where he expected his Great Uncle Karos Spinner to be, but the old Rishi Jedi Master was nowhere to be seen. A frown came to the young fledgling's beak as he craned his neck looking for the old bird, but no large yellow plumage was being picked up by his eyes at all.

"Well Uncle Spinner was there," the boy noted, his feathered fingers rubbing at the end of his beak. "Maybe-"

Everything froze around him. Visions flashed through his eyes, which very briefly rolled back into his head. A cold wind, grasping hands, things with mallicious intent attacking the mind. He was back to the present moment in an instant, his heart rate accelerated. Shem would reach up and draw off his mask...

bird_boi_sig_real.png

"Something's not right," he muttered, drawing his bow. "I-I saw something."

He didn't have the training to interperit his visions just yet, but there was something out there waiting to attack. Shem just couldn't quite figure out what. Regardless, the clear shift in his attitude was apparent. Whatever it was that the young seer had recieved, it wasn't the sight of something benevolent.

Rock and Roll MotherFluffers

New_GA1.png

Are you leading the operation? Are others coming?"

"That would be me, I believe."
He looked over to Rayia Si Rayia Si , smiling "And we're both jedi, yes. So uh...what's the low down on where we're going? Anything we didn't get in the briefing?"

The boy hadn't read much of the briefing. He just heard they'd be fighting monsters, and got excited. He was still young after all...

Shem Spinner Shem Spinner / Casaana Casaana / Shan Pavond Shan Pavond / Valery Noble Valery Noble / Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Glare, glare, glare.

"Huh?" Colette twitched as Valery gently tugged at her shoulder. "Oh, right."

Saber off. Not hooked to belt.

"Is this some kind of joke?" Colette scowled, she was clearly on edge. "We're in the middle of a potentially dangerous job, and you don't even tell us to slow down so you can to tie your shoes? And worse yet, sneak off without—"

The masked kid took his mask off, said something was wrong. Colette could feel it too. The hairs on her arm began to rise just ever so slightly and she shut up real quick after that.

"We… Are not alone." She said and furrowed her brows. Eyes scanning their environment.

The lecture could come later. In like twenty years, when Colette was a knight and had a student of her own.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil raised a brow right up as he looked at Shem, then to where he was looking. Their master had been there, then? The worry in Shem's tone was enough for Kahlil to turn his senses outwards. Perhaps there was something to the danger Valery Noble Valery Noble continued to mention. Even Colette felt something was off. "Stay close, all of you." Which was mostly directed towards Shan, if he was being honest.

He was calm as ever, but he wasn't too keen on loosing track of Shan again if they could help it. "What do you see, Shem?"

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Colette Colette | Shan Pavond Shan Pavond | Shem Spinner Shem Spinner | Casaana Casaana

eKK6LXD.jpg

Ghost Town
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Weapons: Blasters | Lightsaber
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Shan Pavond Shan Pavond Colette Colette Shem Spinner Shem Spinner Casaana Casaana

While Kahlil was focused on Shem, Valery was watching Colette with a raised eyebrow. Sure, Shan should have been more careful and let them know he needed a moment to tie his shoes, but... she was really ready to go at him. With a hand on the Padawan's shoulder, Valery tried to reassure Colette that it was okay. If anything, Kahlil would make sure to talk to Shan about it. But it was likely not necessary.

Shan knew himself to be a little more careful, especially after he had already been captured once.

<Told you something was off here,> Valery jabbed at her husband through their bond.

"If we want to deal with the trouble here, we're going to need to get to the source," Valery theorized, while her gaze shifted back to the little ghost town up ahead.

"If we stay close together, we'll be fine." Valery looked at her husband again, and just briefly reached for his hand to squeeze it. She was going to help make sure he wouldn't lose a Padawan again, and she wanted him to know that.

gS7Qxff.jpg

Briana_Div_2.png

Wearing: XoXo | Equipment: Lightsaber | Location: Mining Facility | Tag: Aiden Rennek Aiden Rennek
Briana-Side_Pic.png

So much had happened since the incident on Naboo: meeting Gatz Derrevar Gatz Derrevar for the first time and becoming irrevocably linked in a way she'd never anticipated, the violent encounter with the New Way amongst Csilla's graveyard, the disturbing visions she'd received from Romi Jade Romi Jade , the joyous occasion that'd marked the beginning of her new life with Aiden Rennek Aiden Rennek , followed by the conflict with her brother that'd left them broken in such a way that Briana was unsure what it'd take for them to come back from it.

So very much had happened, yet there was always more to be done, fences that would eventually need fixing, wars that'd needed fighting.

The life of a Jedi was not one that was prone to rest.

But today, Briana was fresh and ready for the task she'd been sent on, or at least as ready as she could be, given the scant information available.

"Why is it that whenever we're sent on a mission, it's not somewhere remote, warm and sunny?" Briana quipped, her cerulean gaze panning back to look at Aiden, before cutting sharply in front of her after the metal floor paneling creaked beneath her feet. "This place gives me the creeps."

She huffed, feeling her heartbeat slowly settling in her chest before inhaling a deep breath of the abandoned facilities oppressively stale air as they descended deeper into the mine – passing the long-forgotten skeletons of old machinery and tangles of corroded pipes. The halls reeked of what she surmised to be a decades worth of rust and grime, a dark gloom of warning pressing upon her, causing Briana's hand to fall against the hilt of her blade that hung at the cinch of her waist.

"I can feel something up ahead so stay alert," Briana said, voice falling to a whisper to keep it from echoing off the walls, extending her senses into the darkness beyond.
"I have a feeling we're about to find out what might have happened here."

Last edited:
The only easy day was yesterday.
You know those types you don't want to meet in a dark alley?

navy-seals-dive-operations-1800.jpg

BLUE TEAM - Michael,

OVERWATCH AND AUTOMATED PILOTING - Seraphim

Michael,Seraphim
[Any text in brackets signifies comm-link usage and not face to face conversation]

"Heavy" in "2" with you (Kandor), Yarmin and I, "Sarge" put everyone else where you want them, I trust your call. Bren really didn't think about the need for "pairing up" but then again he as used to already being on a fire-team already. So it was quick and easy to decide who was where.

On their way, the terrain was certainly of the appearance of a place long "dead". There was overgrowth, decay, and death everywhere, but there was an odd look as well. Something about the place looked like it was supposed to look this way. Almost as if those who inhabited the region wanted others to stay away, as if to ensure their solitude, and ability to work without having to worry about interference.

Stay Frosty. Something is definitely not right here.

They were within eyesight of a Jedi and the Sniper he recognized from "Operation Blacklight"("Obj II" of "The Last War, just me being silly :p) they looked to be doing their own thing, so unless otherwise needed, he touched the through microphone of his comms-unit and "clicked" it three times. Hopefully Aiden would pick up the signal that they were in the area too without being too distracting.

TAG: Yarmin Yarmin / Makani Kandor Makani Kandor / Aiden Rennek Aiden Rennek / Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren

Shan's heart was already starting to race as soon as Shem said that something wasn't right. He had to fight the urge to start freaking out again. Ironically, ghosts weren't something he dealt well with. They were an unknown, and Shan was never great at dealing with the unknown. It was something that he couldn't understand or wrap his head around. Though it seemed more like he was going to need to deal with Colette since...well...She seemed clearly displeased with Shan having stayed behind.

"I-I thought I told you guys I needed to do my laces..." He tugged at the collar of his robes, trying to defend himself, even though he did mostly deserve this. It was his own fault that they had to come back to get him but there wasn o point staying focused on that. They had to focus on their surroundings. So he didn't need to be told twice to stay close by Kahlil as Shan just stepped over closer towards the group...Making sure to get his lightsaber back from the "pirate queen" first. It would just be his luck for them to get into a situation where he needed it and couldn't get it.

Shem Spinner Shem Spinner Colette Colette Casaana Casaana Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Valery Noble Valery Noble

eKK6LXD.jpg

Ghost Town

div-orange.png

Tags: Colette Colette Shan Pavond Shan Pavond Shem Spinner Shem Spinner Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Valery Noble Valery Noble

Casaana pouted but didn't say anything as Shan took his lightsaber back from her as the two of them joined the others. Their arrival had spoiled the excitement she'd felt earlier and the oppressive mood of the others was starting to affect her. Like them, she took out her saber and held it unignited by her side. It was just a training weapon but she would defend herself from whatever had them spooked.

Whatever had the others uneasy she could feel it too, just behind her nose like an itch. Something was out there, stalking them, drawing closer as the sensation increased. Her grip tightened on her saber, every muscle tensed in preparation until she almost couldn't take it anymore until- "Achoo!"

Nope, it was gone with the almighty sneeze. She rubbed at her nose with the back of her hand and looked to the others. "What are we waiting for?"

gS7Qxff.jpg

div1.png
"You're not scared, are you?" Aiden asked smugly, purely to tease her. He knew what Briana was like, so a playful jab like that was going to spark an amusing reaction. Walking over to her, he did place a more comforting hand on her shoulder, still with a grin on his face, and gestured up ahead. "We'll be fine, yeah? We've handled worse than creepy, abandoned mines." Of course, intel had suggested that something dark lingered here.

But they fought Devourers together, so how much worse could it really get?

When Briana soon mentioned that she felt something up ahead, Aiden drew his rifle up and seemed a lot more serious. He had learned a long time ago not to ever doubt her senses, so he wasn't going to make an exception today.

"Got movement," Aiden called out, as a figure entered their part of the hallway from an adjacent one. He couldn't make out their face in the darkness, but he noticed the way this person slumped around, and even bumped into the walls. It made him fear the worst, and it was confirmed the moment he turned on his flashlight.

Half of this man's face was torn apart, and his jaw hung unhinged.

A terrible screech escaped its maw, but Aiden cut it short by blasting his head clean off with his rifle. It was a dirty job sometimes, and as much as he was trained for it, he still frowned.

"Maybe this is worse than we thought."

"What do you see, Shem?"

"I'm not sure," Shem frowned. "The vision is gone now. They don't ever last for very long."

Being a Seer was a complicated business, especially when you had no control over seeing or re-seeing the visions that you recieved. He hardly knew where to begin interperiting the flashing images that had ran through his mind, but something very clear did stick out to him upon reflection.

"Well, I saw hands," the fledgling began. "That could be... something trying to grab us? Or maybe an act of ensnaring. The wind got really strong. That could just be a hostile shift in the weather. I'm more concerned about the last part. It was... pain, I think, but like the mental kind. Maybe that's just fear... or maybe whatever is out there can attack our minds."

It was hard to say. What he saw could've been anything, really. It was like he had recieved one extra piece in an incomplete puzzle. In the grand scheme of things it didn't really give you much of anything at all to work with.

"I guess we'll find out at the source," the boy decided with a smile.

He was ready. Probably.

kwkeidY.png

"That would be me, I believe." Nir looked over to Rayia Si Rayia Si Rayia Si Rayia Si , smiling "And we're both jedi, yes. So uh...what's the low down on where we're going? Anything we didn't get in the briefing?"

Crasdon shook his head, "I'm afraid my own information is light. Researchers in trouble. Terrible beasts. Then the information got cut off. So this is a basic search and rescue with a twist of figuring out what the heck happened.

All I know for sure is that everyone's life expectancy just improved, having a couple Jedi along."

He grinned, and began to walk out to the place which correlated to the last known position of the researchers.

As he walked, he held up his scanner, paying attention to its readings.

He didn't want to miss anything... or get taken by surprise.

Rayia Si Rayia Si
Nir Si Nir Si

Nir Si Nir Si Crasdon Kaine Crasdon Kaine

Rayia shrugged as to the question of leadership. To a certain respect, hunts were always collaborative. Sure there was generally a leader, such as her mother the Feral Queen, but they didn't succeed without the combined effort of each individual member. 'As I was reminded...' Rayia thought to herself, feeling a old, stinging ache creep across her shoulders along the scars her mother had inflicted when Rayia had accidentally spooked the long limbed Socci that the tribe had spent the week hunting. Younger Rayia had been upset by the flaring pain and the steel in her mother's tone as she berated her. 'Roared is more like it,' she thought wincing at the memory. Now that she had grown up, Rayia knew the worst part of the experience was the realization that some of the tribe would go hungry.

That being said, it seems Nir had somewhat of a head on his shoulders having asked about whether there is any information that the briefing might have left out. Even if he did seem far too eager to be hunting monsters. 'I shouldn't be surprised. He is related to Jonyna.' Rayia thought, with an annoyed ear twitch. The voice in her mind had to spoil this too. 'He also doesn't have to worry about what stress does to him. Like turn him into a rampaging beast. Like a monster straight from myth,' it crooned. His anticipation was something that Rayia understood well. She was feeling the urge to tear into something as well. Anything to take her mind off the uncomfortable heart to hearts that were bound to happen.

Rayia slapped a fist into her palm. "Seems to me like the first step of our hunt is fairly obvious. These people were scribes. There is no way they didn't keep any sort of notes on what they found. If we sweep the area where they set up camp, we should find something," She growled. She could not voice the number of times she had the rules of the hunt impressed upon her mind.

She could even hear her mother's voice now, low and gritty, as she taught Rayia about what it meant to be a huntress, 'To hunt, one must know their prey. Their habits, their environment, their moves and moods. We are predictable beings, to an extent. Traces of each will always linger within us.'

Last edited:
Valery Noble Valery Noble / Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble / Casaana Casaana / Shan Pavond Shan Pavond / Shem Spinner Shem Spinner

Frustration continued to bubble under Colette's nerves but this time it wasn't so much at the others as it was at herself. She always did this, she always went straight for condescending and berating others as if she was somehow doing everything right herself. And so, although the reason she gritted her teeth might have made it look like she was angry at the others, it really wasn't.

"Yeah, togeth-"

ACHOO!

Saber on pointed at Casaana for a few seconds before Colette extinguished it again and heaved for to get her breathing back to normal.

"... Sorry." Colette said and cleared her throat as she lowered the blade. "I'm not myse—"

A loud guttural roar echoed across the ruins and Colette figured the apology could come later, just like the lecture. Colette turned around to look over in the direction of wherever the roar had come from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom