Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.
cfEuSlO.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Force Sensitivity: Master
  • Species: Pylantian
  • Appearance: Like most other male Pylantians, Oukranos is "chronically statuesque", with chiseled features, striking blue eyes, and brown hair untouched by gray. He is well into his forties, but aging exceptionally gracefully—he is often mistaken for a young man. He typically only dons traditional Jedi robes when attending ceremonies and formal functions; otherwise he prefers practical and/or comfortable clothing. His eyesight is starting to fail him, so he may be seen wearing reading glasses. He has a deep voice, pleasing to the ear, with a faint Inner Rim accent.
SOCIAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Oukranos Cthylla
  • Loyalties: Kassogtha Cthylla | The Jedi Order
  • Wealth: Jedi Stipend
  • Notable Possessions:
  • Skills: Oukranos is a Jedi Sentinel, a branch of the Jedi Order which seeks a balance between the martial and the spiritual. He received training at the Jakku Jedi Enclave, where he was taught the 25 Chambers philosophy pioneered by Master Romi Jade. He possesses a few practical skills, such as the ability to pick a lock and repair droids. He speaks a variety of languages (and can read a few long dead ones) and is very well-traveled.
  • Languages:
  • Personality: Quiet and reserved, Oukranos maintains a veneer of glacial serenity which may come across as cold and aloof to those who do not know him. To be so emotionally distant is not the natural state of a Pylantian; his chilly, detached manner guards a heart that has been broken many times over. To those select few he has opened his heart to, such as his wife and children, he is free and genuine with his warmth and love. Extraordinarily patient and slow to anger, he possesses all the humility and grace one would expect of a Jedi Master. He is completely enamored with his wife, a beloved father, and a respected teacher.
    In his younger years he was sullen and ill-tempered, lashing out at others when really he was afraid of his own shadow. He is far more mellow now, but still prone to brooding. Oukranos credits this change in character to the positive influence of his family (and many years of meditation upon the Light Side of the Force) getting him to accept his flaws. There remains an icy intensity to him, hinting at passionate emotions boiling underneath his frosty exterior, but it is difficult to truly upset him.
COMBAT INFORMATION
  • Weapon of Choice: The Force | Lightsaber | Fists & Feet
  • Combat Function: As a Sentinel, Oukranos is proficient in lightsaber combat and martial arts, possessing knowledge of most of the seven forms (with the exception of Juyo) as well as Koryu, the Way of the Acklay, a lightsaber form developed by Master Jade. His training emphasized preparedness, honing his body and mind to be able to face any challenge. He has a talent for using the Force to manipulate the elements.
  • Force Abilities:
Strengths:
  • Jedi Sentinel: Belonging to an unconventional class of Jedi, Oukranos is proficient both in combat and use of the Force, though he lacks expertise in either field. He also possesses numerous practical skills picked up during his travels.
  • Elementalist: An innate ability which seems to run in his blood, Oukranos has a knack for manipulating the elements using the Force. He has mastered control over water, lightning, earth, wind, and fire.
  • Hunk of Hunks: Male Pylantians are widely considered to be physically attractive. Oukranos is no different. His exceptional beauty is a boon which he is not above taking advantage of, should the need arise (provided it doesn't involve being unfaithful to his wife).
  • Harmonious Existence: Pylantians have not evolved to compete with their own kind for resources. Oukranos is peaceful and cooperative by nature, and generally works well with others. Having no ego to bruise, it is nearly impossible to offend or provoke him to unnecessary violence.
Weaknesses:
  • Master of None: As a Jedi Sentinel, Oukranos is neither fully devoted to combat nor immersed in the Force. He wouldn't last two seconds on the battlefield (and is very much aware of this fact), and he lacks the skills necessary to handle powerful Force relics or abilities that require deep, prolonged meditation.
  • Noncompetitive: Due to their lack of a competitive drive, Pylantians are mentally ill-suited for the violent conflicts that plague the galaxy. Oukranos benefits from having been raised within the martial traditions of the Jedi, but he is often at a disadvantage when attacked or confronted, and can find it difficult to navigate tense social situations. Speaking of which...
  • Wallflower: Oukranos doesn't talk much. He avoids speaking to strangers. You won't catch him going to a party or other gathering without a friend or acquaintance. If he absolutely must attend, but doesn't know anybody there, he'll find a convenient excuse to leave early. All of this is to say that he is unsuited to situations where good social skills are needed.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION

"Whenever something bad happened to me, I used to blame everyone else. I saw myself as the galaxy's victim. Sometimes I still do, though I know it gets me nowhere. If I allow myself to get locked back into that mentality, I lose sight of all the good things in my life, even when they’re right in front of me..."
An abandoned baby boy was discovered at a starport near Bardotta. The authorities were unable to track down the child's biological family or find out any more information about his origins. When he was found to be Force Sensitive, the infant was handed over to the Jedi Order. Given the name Oukranos ("hope" in the language of the Sashkatros), he grew up at the Jakku Jedi Enclave, where he trained under Master Romi Jade. Though he was well-liked by his peers, he was considered somewhat eccentric and a bit of a loner. One particular issue during his youth was the constant attention he received from Human women (and some men) who were drawn to his good looks, only to be met with disappointment when he did not reciprocate their attraction.

While attempting to access his genetic memory, Oukranos made a shocking discovery: he was the son of Darth Eirie, a Sith Lord of the Tenth Sith Empire. This brief encounter with the ghost of his father instilled a deep fear in the boy that he would turn out just like him. In hopes of avoiding such a fate, he threw himself into his studies, obsessed with finding a way to repress or even completely purge the Dark Side from within himself.

At the age of seventeen, Oukranos visited the Silver Rest, stronghold of the Silver Jedi Order. There he met Jedi Master Gavyn Farlander and his apprentice, Padawan Kassogtha Cthylla, a female Pylantian. Unbeknownst to Oukranos, Gavyn had been tasked by the Order with monitoring the boy, as his elders on Jakku had grown concerned with his isolation. Gavyn would take both Kass and Oukranos on a trip to Pylos Satnik, the homeworld of the Pylantians. It was Oukranos' first time visiting the planet.

He and Kass spent most of their time there together, often sneaking out at night while Gavyn slept. They explored the capital and beyond, venturing deep into the wilderness. It was during one of these nighttime jaunts that they became lost in the woods. Eventually they encountered three Pylantian females who offered to help them. But it turned out to be a ploy to trap them. The three revealed themselves as the Brides, the last surviving wives of Darth Eirie; they wanted Oukranos to become their new lord and master.

Both Padawans attempted to fight their way out, but they were no match for the Brides. Kass was frozen in stasis, while the Brides proceeded to assault Oukranos, trying to break him with physical and psychological torment. The torture seemed like it would never end—until Gavyn Farlander arrived. The Jedi Master took on all three Brides, defeating them. During the battle, he was mortally wounded, sacrificing himself to save the two Padawans.

Kass and Oukranos returned to their respective enclaves greatly changed. They had fallen in love during their time together, but were slow to act on their feelings for each other due in part to the shared trauma they had experienced. They stayed in touch and remained friends until, during the Second Great Hyperspace War, the Jakku Jedi Enclave was attacked. Oukranos survived the raid and fled to the Silver Rest, where he and Kass finally admitted their love for each other and were married. The couple would go on to have three children together: their two sons Zhar and Mylakhrion, and their daughter Celephaïs.

Years passed, and a sudden terrorist attack by House Io destroyed the Silver Rest. Both Oukranos and Kassogtha were present and survived the attack; they assisted in rescuing other survivors from the rubble. Though the Silver Jedi are still around today, this event precipitated the end of their dominance in the greater galaxy and the dissolution of the Concord. Hoping to make more of a difference elsewhere, Oukranos and Kassogtha decided to move to Coruscant and become part of the New Jedi Order...

Last edited:
Judah Lesan Judah Lesan

This submission is now ready for judgment. I edited pretty much every section, but the standout differences are as follows:
  • NPC was changed from a Jedi Consular to a Jedi Sentinel. Skills were edited to reflect this.
  • Personality was rewritten.
  • Strengths and Weaknesses were removed or added.
  • Historical Information was expanded upon.
  • Image was changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom