Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location The SIS - Jakku Jedi Enclave (Hidden)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2FVRp6g.png

"This place definitely does not look like a Jedi enclave. It looks like a waste reclamation facility, a power station, something utilities-related. Without exact coordinates I'd never have found it. I absolutely love the solitude."
- Jend-Ro Quill

vZWNRY0.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

SETTING INFORMATION
  • Structure Name: The SIS "Shatalat Irrigation System" or, Jakku Jedi Enclave
  • Classification: Jedi Enclave
  • Affiliation: The Jedi Order (At large). Existence and location currently known only to members of the Jedi Order with Johnnes Inkari, The Chume'da of Hapes, being the only one outside the Order with knowledge due to his connection with Romi.
Accessibility:​
The Enclave is subterranean and distributed through large networks of irrigation canals of which are located underground and covered by large quantities of sand. For the most part it is hidden, and it's location isn't common knowledge.
u96AoLK.png
One wouldn't necessarily be able to locate it without proper instruction or coordinates. Often those who partake in training there refer to it as the The SIS, as a way to keep its location private. However, members of The Jedi Order have to have a Jedi Compass in order to lockdown its location. The turbolifts that provide access have input locks that are only accessible to Jedi.​

Description:​
The primary purpose of the Jakku Enclave is as a secret safe house and training facility in case of evacuation of one or more Jedi temples. Retrofitted from the failed Shatalat Irrigation System, the enclave contained two turbolifts accessible via a single entry dome that was built into the ground. It runs up/down a slim, vertical shaft that would provide access to the main below ground structure of the complex, along with various walkways to other areas. The first rotunda was the green room, or courtyard that functioned as a garden chamber; large basins and planters held flowering bushes that hung down over the edge of their containers; it was filled with natural sunlight filtered in from an above transparisteel window, but had illumi-strips in place as back up as the lighting from above was spotty. The room also helped funnel oxygen. Along the way
eW17472.png
are entry points to the landing field, main training dojo and a general gathering chamber which serves as an audience chamber. It contains modular walls for training in close quarters providing suitable practice for Sith temples and shipboard actions. There was two rotundas dedicated to living accommodations, containing nine individual small rooms with any extra space being used for storage. There was also a main hub or common area, and a corridor that led to two smaller chambers across from each other that doubled as conference rooms, communications and medical bays, and dining halls.
3jArQHz.png
There are only two entrances: A hidden turbolift via the elevated landing field, and the main turbolift.​
It was designed to be completely self-contained, having been built with every facility needed to maintain its self-sufficiency. There hasn't been much of a living presence here, but it is more than capable of accommodating should that be a need, but likely no more than 50 persons.​
The enclave contains the following, with layout plans outlining small cells, chambers, corridors etc. It was based on other small training facilities like Telos, Dantooine, and also based on the Order's potential need to house large numbers in extremis:​
  • Common Area
  • Green Room: for very minor agricultural exploration
  • 2x Living Quarters with rooms (9) in spartan conditions
  • Sufficient consumables for a year
  • Waste recyclers
  • Moisture Vaporators
  • Standard sensors and communications gear
  • Durasteel safe with disc tumbler lock and biometric security
  • Minimal training facility training rooms prone to being repurposed for storage

POINTS OF INTEREST
lrvvUms.png
odbShPw.png

Campus Extensions:
With the outlining of the Valley of the Eremite, there has been several additions made to the now established campus. In 864 ABY,
JqaAXf1.png
following significant Jedi political drama and an attempt on his life, Quill fled the Jakku enclave. He took shelter in an abandoned hermitage just over the horizon to the north. The ramshackle hermitage, decades or centuries old, comprised mainly of sandstone and worn-down wood has no electricity and no amenities whatsoever. This would become known as Jakku Enclave North roughly 20km north of the central subterranean base, and would function as the primary residence of Master Quill. The isolated structure's existence and location are a matter of word of mouth rather than any registration.

Jakku Enclave East is a secondary facility roughly 40km east of the central subterranean base and built flush into a butte -- an isolated hill with steep sides and a flat top (similar to but narrower than a mesa). Originally built as a sanctum for prayer and meditation by the
b6z0Aw8.png
Anchorite sect long before they devolved into the Eremite pilgrims, it was constructed from a hollow series of caves and tunnels. Identified by passing through the region, these members of the Anchorite shored up the natural caverns with ornate stone pillars and adorned the walls with glyphs and paintings, and laid tile and stone artwork to form a meditation hall and rooms
Rro6BKW.png
devoted to study and contemplation. It's above ground entrance hall was simple and unadorned, leading into the inner sanctum of the complex that serves as it's main training dojo and general gathering chamber. Various walkways to 5 other runoff chambers align the outer sections of the larger inner sanctum. 3 chambers were dedicated to living accommodations, containing 5 individual small rooms that can sleep up to 2 people. The other 2 chambers doubled as conference and communication rooms, and dining halls.

It was designed to be completely self-contained, having been built with every facility needed to maintain its self-sufficiency. It was retrofitted to oversee, and maintain independent training without having to travel or deal with overcrowding at the main subterranean base.
oZwx4FT.png

The extended facility contains the following, with layout plans outlining small cells, chambers, corridors etc. It was based on other small training facilities like Lothal, Dantooine, and also based on the Enclaves potential need to house more numbers to combat overcrowding:

• Common Area/Conference Room/Dining Hall
  • 3x Living Quarters with rooms (5) in spartan conditions
  • Sufficient consumables for a half a year
  • Waste recyclers
  • Moisture Vaporators
  • Standard sensors and communications gear
  • Durasteel safe with disc tumbler lock and biometric security
  • Minimal training facility and storage space.

SECURITY

Security: Medium
The facility is located on a planet considered to be distant and relatively worthless and submerged underground, covered by large quantities of sand. It can't necessarily be located without proper instruction or coordinates which can only be provided by the Jedi Compass. The turbolifts that provide access have input locks (unlock via passcode) that are only accessible to Jedi. Beyond that, the Enclave is not outfitted with any substantial security measures.​

SUvoWM7.png

HISTORICAL INFORMATION

Crippled into ruins once, the Deneba Enclave was left abandoned following the attack of Sith and Mercenary forces hoping to dismantle the Republic. The remaining state of the enclave, prompted the Jedi with the aid of the Commenor Systems Alliance financial support have been able to revamp and revitalize the facilities there. Romi Jade was one of the Jedi who helped lead members of the Enclave before it was destroyed by Dark Jedi. Some time after, she was present at the H'rathh Jedi Academy to see it refitted for use as a new training facility due to the loss of Deneba, that structure was then destroyed by Mandalorians and the FO. It was certainly the tip of the iceberg when she then heard about the evacuation and possible occupation of the Hoth location.

With the current events surrounding the growing malevolent forces - X - X - X. She thought it was imperative to establish a Jedi center that
SRvCIRE.png
was strategically located and could provide refuge and training for those seeking it. Since she was cut off from Eadu, she looked to Jakku with Johannes Inkari and Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor for a space to conduct more training whether for herself or others.

The Shatalat Irrigation System was a failed venture that corporations pulled out of and abandoned some time ago. The structure had long been out of use, and has since just been a forgotten network of empty canals hidden beneath the sand.

Worried about the Order's security situation being untenable during this time, she sought to create a secret facility on a low-priority, low-security world. Borrowed construction droids, supervised by Johannes, help retrofit the canal network. After completion, the droids were thoroughly wiped. The facility remains secret, though Cotan Sar'andor, Coren Stachaser, Jend-Ro Quill and the Chume'da know the planet & where it is located. Its primary purpose is as a safe house and small training facility led by Jade to be utilized by the Jedi Order when one or more major temples aren't available.

Last edited:

Ylla Caeli'runa

Y
Romi Jade Romi Jade

This is a beautiful submission and I love the idea of having safehouses/havens across the Galaxy. Lovely lore building here! I do have a few things I'd like to have expanded upon or rectified:

Image Credit | Your first image leads to a "Page Not Found" notice. I cannot find an alternate redirect that would lead the to source. Is it possible to reconfigure this image with a different work of Jakku? If so, please do that and link the image credit in the appropriate field.
Links | Please link the bio sheets of both Cotan Sar'andor and Jend-Ro Quill here as they are referenced throughout the submission.
Security | Currently, your security field is in the Setting Information section. Please move it to below the Points of Interest. In addition to this, please flesh out the field per the template requirements quoted below. Please link and/or any notable defenses or security measures in order to justify your current Medium rating.
SECURITY [ Provide a Security Rating (choose from: None, Low, Medium, High, Maximum) and any specific security assets in list format. What defenses does this location have, including internal and perimeter defenses? Please note that the rating is relative to the type of location this is. Normal civilian structures have a different scope in security, compared to military bases. As such a civilian structure with a Maximum security rating is not on the same level as a military base with a Maximum rating. A civilian structure with a Maximum rating could be the seat of a planetary government, or the headquarters of an inter-galactic corporation. Private security, alarms, perhaps even a defensive shield, but they should not have entire armies within or enough armament to destroy a fleet above. Please link rare or uncommon tech/equipment to the SW wiki article or Factory-approved submission. Common canon items do not need to be linked. ]
Affiliation | Please link The Jedi Order here.

Please give me a tag if you have any questions/concerns or once you're done with the edits I've presented.

Ylla Caeli'runa

Image credit fixed -- I hadn't realized the original disappeared, I however lost the template I created for the original design I had up top so I plugged it into another one I had, and linked the planet image used.

Links -- New ones have been added!

Security -- Aside from this being hidden underground etc, this doesn't have any substantial defenses or anything beyond what's been described. I'll admit I wasn't sure what rating to give this, I can make it lower if Medium doesn't work?

Affiliation -- This enclave isn't affiliated with any specific faction, its accessible to all Jedi, as Romi isn't solidly attached to one group or another either. Also this faction mentioned I don't believe is still active as a group anymore or has been merged into the GA. I edited into the description that this is open to all members of the Jedi Order at large. Let me know if that works!

Ylla Caeli'runa

Y
Romi Jade Romi Jade

Thank you for those changes and clarifications! I believe the Medium rating works with the added description.

I'll be happy to stamp this for ya, enjoy!!

approved2.png

List of Changes:
  • Added several new images throughout and linked them above.
  • Updated the link section with relevant threads to the Enclave changes and for some history.
  • Added two new locations as apart of the campus expansion with relevant links.
  • have updated the accessibility and security sections with the removal of the archival network access, and replaced with the Jedi Compass.
John Locke John Locke | Srina Talon Srina Talon

This is read to return to live judging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom