Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contest Netherworld Codex Contest: Oblivion

Nether-copy.png

NethDiv.png

In honor of the Summer 2021 Flashpoint that was announced The Codex will be hosting a contest in which Netherworld Locations can be submitted for addition to the new map: Oblivion. We will be accepting submissions for consideration until the end of June 2021.

ELIGIBILITY
  • This contest is open to anyone. Chaos Staff will Judge the contest. (Any staff that would like to enter will be recused from judging.)
  • There is no maximum on the amount each writer can submit.
  • The contest opens immediately and will run until the end of June 2021.
CRITERIA
  • The Codex Rules still apply.
  • Entries must be new, approvable location submissions with [Netherworld] in the title.
  • Entries will be judged on criteria such as: Quality, Creativity, Usability, and how well they adhere to the Netherworld Theme.
  • These Codex Locations must be located in the Oblivion Section of the Netherworld. This can include large regions, specific locations, etc. The following templates are eligible for this contest: Structure, Geographic Landmark, City, and the Rift Template. No military bases, starports, etc.
  • Please utilize the templates as a "starter" to begin fleshing out these submissions and be sure to add in the Netherworld Information section. Keep in mind that you may add any field needed or required so that you may delve into the unique aspects of your Location. If there are any that don't apply, as usual, just mark them with "N/A" in the unnecessary field. You are encouraged to include whatever information you deem interesting or important that will best explain the features of your location.
TEMPLATE INFO

Netherworld Information To Be Added:
NETHERWORLD INFORMATION
  • Lucidity: [ How coherent and as expected do things occur in this location? Do things mostly follow the general laws of the outside galaxy? Or is it more dreamlike and disjointed? ]
  • Hostility: [ What are the denizens of this location like when approached by outsiders? Are they passive and welcoming? Apathetic? Or are they hostile and dangerous? Is the landscape itself actively hostile and dangerous? What can a visitor expect to be greeted with upon their arrival? ]
  • IC Rules: [ Are there any weird rules that apply to reality around this area/object? Do characters feel a fatigue, or attrition when walking around? Does gravity work in odd ways? How are the dead/spirits affected?]
Generic Structure
Geographic Landmark
City
Netherworld Rift (Rifts may or may not require a "Netherworld Information" section, nor do rifts count as Omni's gates.)
NethDiv.png

OOC.gif

SETTING.gif

POINTS.gif

SECURITY.gif

NETHER.gif

RIFT.gif

HISTORY.gif

If more are needed feel free to send a Board PM w/a Request
WINNERS
  • The top-ranking entries will be included on our first secondary map: Oblivion.
  • All entries (present and future) will be usable locations for Chaos RPs.

Feel free to ask any questions about the contest here.
We look forward to seeing what you can come up with!

What sort of metrics will you all be looking over for judging?
Entries will be judged on criteria such as: Quality, Creativity, Usability, and how well they adhere to the Netherworld Theme.

You can shoot for the moon as long as you still follow the Codex Rules. Have fun with it, tho. In my expert opinion: Go Ham.

Already did my first submission! Love this! Thanks staffers!

Glad to hear it!

Is there any idea on the scale of the new map in say association with the galactic map? Is it just as large? Smaller? I mean, I understand the Netherworld is probably see less and goes on forever like space, but we have a boundary for the galactic map, so I was wondering how the Nether map will compare in scale to it. Also to give an idea on how big an area can be. Even if silliness is welcomed.

Is there any idea on the scale of the new map in say association with the galactic map? Is it just as large? Smaller? I mean, I understand the Netherworld is probably see less and goes on forever like space, but we have a boundary for the galactic map, so I was wondering how the Nether map will compare in scale to it. Also to give an idea on how big an area can be. Even if silliness is welcomed.

Its a big’un

Edit: Map is a thick boi

Edit Edit: Thicker than a bowl of oatmeal

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom