Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Master of ...

In Umbris Potestas Est
Damn. Circe sighed, waiting nearby and sitting on a bench as she waited for an opportunity to talk to Coryth. She knew Ven was nearby, and it was good to know that her bodyguard was here to protect her. Ven admittedly was not wearing her shadowtrooper armor, but her skills would still be somewhat of use. Simply sitting down, she chose to relax and focus... It wasn't hard to feel that she was being watched. As long as she committed no crime and was not suspicious, the other person she felt wouldn't cause an issue.

God, she wanted to help Coryth...

@[member="Coryth Elaris"]

Such a big commotion in the city. Forcers were popping up everywhere, like mushrooms. Was Cthulhu about to rise again? It certainly felt they were getting inundated.

Even someone like Siobhan, who was the exact opposite of a mentalist, could sense that Coryth was feeling uneasy, though the exact reason for this eluded her. Coryth had told her that she received visions though, which was scary and disturbing enough. There was an expression of concern written upon her features, then she gave the smaller redhead a loose hug.

"Real long. How you been? You wanna go grab a drink or something?" she asked, frowning as she stretched out with her senses. "Is it just me or is this place becoming force-user central fast? There are a party or something and no one told me about?" she spoke sarcastically.

Rianna had need of some fresh air, as fresh as it could get anyhow. Having completed her morning duties, and rounds of patience in the Healers Ward, standing in the Healers Hall deep within the temple the need for daylight and air became more of a necessity. Slowly she made her way through the temple to finally stand upon the front stair case and look out.

Who could not stand upon the temple grounds and fail to see the beauty that sprawled out before them. Rianna wanted to allow herself at least 30 minutes of time that would not be consumed by duty. Gracefully she walked down the stairs and began to walk at first her mind drifted onto her students, she had to admonish herself to not keeping to her need of 30 minutes of time. Laughing gently to herself she walked and concentrated on her surroundings, and the others that were near.

Major Faction

Syn

Nimir-ra to Iella, Jedi Shadow
Syn wasn't near Coryth, she had been a distance from the temple and that is where he had been. The others we wasn't sure about but walking he rolled his shoulders and saw Dragonsflame go off. The jedi master was taking the time slow while he walked to enjoy the time on Coruscant. He was proud at their newest master who had worked hard and proven nearly immune it seemed to techniques he could employ like the current. Between her and Daella the two were the most skilled in handling enemies of the Republic. His shoulders rolled and neck popped while walking towards the distance where Dragonsflame was but he didn't need to rush.

@Selena Halcyon
@Rianna Organa
@Iella E`ron
@Tefka
@Phylis Alince
@Carn Dista
@Kiskla Grayson
@Joshua DragonsFlame
@Avy Valla
@Daella Apparine
@Diana Moridena
@Coryth Elaris
@Aika Kawakami
@Marcello Matteo
@Karen Roberts
@Syn
@Siobhan Kerrigan
@Tamara

The exact number, direction and distance of the Jedi were hard to determine, it was true. Even their actual destination was a bit uncertain too.
Deciding to see what was happening more, Tamara moved a bit closer towards @[member="Coryth Elaris"]. This was indeed an interesting gathering.

The Jedi Master smirked as he stared down the source of the Current. Ah, he recognized it quite well...

He looked over at Diana, and nodded. "It's as I thought" he whispered. "For now.... We watch. We wait. But...."

He sensed a strong pull in the Force, coming from @[member="Coryth Elaris"]... It felt like a light aura, yet at the same time it wasn't as much as you'd expect from a Jedi... But it was powerful indeed.

He didn't recognize the woman. If he did, he would have stepped in and punched Circe right then and there. But what if she was a Jedi? Or even a force user of the light... He wouldn't be able to forgive himself if he let her step into Circe's clutches.

"Can you sense it?" he asked Diana quietly, motioning toward the woman that Circe was standing there, waiting to speak to. "There's a presence in that woman, the one that the Current user...." he trailed off, pointing toward Circe to help Diana pinpoint who their target was. "Seems to be taking an interest in..."

He sighed as he made his decision.

"We watch and wait for now... She knows we're here. Circe, I mean. I recognize that presence in the Current... A Sith Lord on Coruscant is bad enough, but I'd like to run her off world before she can harm someone, especially a Force user. If she runs now, we can make sure one of us tracks her until she leaves Republic space. If she still goes near the Force user... Then we strike. No mercy. Once her intentions are known, then you are free to deal with her as you please..." he said quietly. His eyes practically burned a hole into Circe, almost daring her to make a move, or better yet, run before they make her run.

He opened his comm line and spoke quietly to the other Masters.

"Masters...." he said quietly. "I have found our target. Sith Lord. Master Moridena and I are on standby for if she makes her move... Do as you please"

@Selena Halcyon
@Rianna Organa
@Iella E`ron
@Tefka
@Phylis Alince
@Carn Dista
@Kiskla Grayson
@Joshua DragonsFlame
@Avy Valla
@Daella Apparine
@Diana Moridena
@Coryth Elaris
@Aika Kawakami
@Marcello Matteo
@Karen Roberts
@Syn
@Siobhan Kerrigan
@Tamara

Aika Kawakami

Can one find true light when shadowed in darkness?
It was odd as more began to gather around the woman, who after being bumped and having drop the hood from her head, was reaveled to have such lovely red hair. She wondered why she'd hide such a thing. The thought that she was also hiding herself came across Aika's mind, though it certainly didn't seem that way. Before she could say such, she felt a slight twinge in the back of her mind. It was only moments before she realized that someone was reaching out to her. At that same moment, her a voice came through her personal commlink. With a swiftness, she excused herself from the group, moving a few feet away. She spoke in a low tone, so as not to alert the others even if something was amiss.

"Ike-sensei. I get a similar feeling, though I'm not sure it's unease that we're sensing. There is something....someone. She doesn't seem to be a stranger to Coruscant, and I sense no ill will. I think..she's was here before. If I'm right, I believe moving towards the Temple may be like returning home."

@[member="Matsu Ike"]

@[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]
The loose hug she returned, revealing what had been hidden beneath the cloak. Those deep purple gruesome scars covering her arms, and clearly it went beyond just her arms. Something dark and twisted lived in them, and in her. It was just simply something she hadn't understood til now, why she'd been so close to the darkness. Always dancing on the edge of that blade, but things made more sense now.

"There's something out there, part of an old vision. I feel it, had a flash." She spoke softly. "Let's just say it did not end well then." A single step forward ended with Coryth a bit dizzy, another flash. Settling her self, she glanced down to a bench, brow furrowed. Reaching out with her own senses she pressed on being on the bench, familiar, something about her she could just sense it. Knew it. A small nod of her head, she motioned back toward the bench as subtly as she could. "That one."

So far nothing had happened, a standstill. For now it was all a waiting game, someone had to make the first move, and something told her just about anything would set that off. But she continued on her worry in the open now. Least she would not worry on it too much, as many force users as she could sense, what did she have to fear.

"It's been rough, been on my own a little too long. One can only take public transport so long before one starts to wonder if they are just being merely suicidal or enjoy that thrill of controlled crashes. But it's more suicidal to let me fly!" She laughed, almost a true laugh. Maybe a good sign, it was rare for Coryth to ever crack a smile much less laugh.

But even in the laugh a certain sadness lingered in her eyes. Eyes that had already seen too much, a body that had been through too much, hard to find a balance in her life these days.
"Hey, no one told me either, and some party... no one brought the good stuff, a shame. Maybe we should fix that?" She teased, somewhat agreeing, somewhat, just wanting to get the heck out of the space and into a place where less darkness lurked and the light presided. "I'm up for a drink, I assume we won't be seeing who can drink the other under the table."

She paused for a moment, "Have to say those, wouldn't mind seeing the temple for old times sake. Too much has changed here. That is the one thing that never seems to, though who is within does." A fondness for the places where things began and ended seems a common thing for Coryth, always coming full circle.

Phylis Alince was…well…she wasn’t lost, but everyone else seemed to be. She was sitting in the empty Council Chamber.
“Uhh…hello? Where is everyone?” she asked plaintively. She didn’t know they’d all gone out to engage in some public theatre. Why did no one ever tell her these things? Finally, a bit flummoxed, she got up and left the room and went back to her library. At least the books didn’t wander off….

"You haven't seen me fly," Siobhan tried to joke a bit lamely. She listened as Coryth spoke, not interrupting as she spoke of her visions. It was bad enough from Siobhan's perspective to occasionally get visited by insane alt versions of herself in dreams, which usually ended in a brawl. To be plagued with visions of the future...it seemed terrible. Yet she did not pity Coryth - the redhead might look weak and in need of protection on first sight, but Siobhan knew she was far stronger than most people, shallow the lot of them, would give her credit. Nor did she flinch from the gruesome and vicious purple scars that marred her body, there was no expression of pity or horror on her face, just acceptance.

As for Coryth having a darkness inside her, so did Siobhan. She would be giving herself way too much credit if she was so naive to say that she skirted the edge, held both sides in 'balance' or some arrogant nonsense like that. Frankly she was deeply messed up, though she had learned to live with it - having Tegaea helped more than her wife might realise. Her words were friendly but her eyes did not show the vigour and enthusiasm of the past when Coryth had known her.

"I understand. Just know you're not alone, ok? Well, if you want, you can always pop over and hang on Kaeshana. It's a beautiful planet. Tegs and I have a, uh, set up shop there. Got away from all the political crap," she spoke, giving Coryth a light pat on the shoulder. That was one way of putting it of course, but she was not sure how much her friend had heard the news. "You'd be welcome," she continued, gazing out at the Temple that could be seen in the distance. "Seems like a lifetime since I set foot in it. Well, gonna be a decade soon I guess. When I left the Jedi were all against fighting, now they seem all gung-ho. Might be worth a look for old times sake," she shrugged. "Wanna get away from here? Not a fan of crowds. Should be some place for a drink here."

Carn Dista

C
With the end of the Council session, so too did Carn's duty to remain on solid ground expire. He hadn't been the first, but nor had he been the last to leave. However, instead of turning towards the entrance, the bearded master redirected himself to the hangar bay. It was there that a smaller, more streamlined transport ship awaited to take him (and a few other Jedi) into orbit around Coruscant. Carn had long since managed to barter for the use of one of the Republic's many warships as his own, and had taken a liking to it. He spent many hours in solitary meditation, staring out over Coruscant. It was this ship that the transport was destined for.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
@[member="Aika Kawakami"] @[member="Phylis Alince"] @[member="Coryth Elaris"]

"Then Aika be careful, the council is moving towards you to help. I will be along shortly." The jedi master looked up while she spoke into the comlink and flew higher. "Councilor Alince there is something happening. THe other councilors could use your knowledge." Her head turned to the side and Matsu flew off towards her student. Aika was many things but the girl didn't fight which could be both a good thing and a bad thing. Good because she stuck to her convictions... bad because if someone wished malcontent... she might be in trouble. The parasol and fans were held close while she fleww faster and faster to reach the girl.

@[member="Phylis Alince"] would not be alone in the library. It was rather unlikely that she was ever alone in the library, actually, considering the absurd amount of Jedi there seemed to be here and there and...everywhere these days. Like ants. Ants in the pantry.

This little ant was particularly bulbous in shape and taking up a whole sofa in some study area. Avalore sipped water through a straw as she turned the page of the novella she'd recently become hopelessly addicted to: The Jedi and the Assassin - A Historical Romance written by Diamori Nadena.

Chapter Twelve
A Jedi's Love

Aika Kawakami

Can one find true light when shadowed in darkness?
A slight nod of her head came before she spoke, as if her master could actually see her. "I understand, Ike-sensei. I shall keep my eyes on things until you arrive." A small sigh escaped her lips as she turned to return to where the girl was standing. Things were...odd. Honestly, she didn't know what to make of it. But if master Matsu seemed so worried, obviously there was reason for concern. For Aika to be concerned.

As she returned to the side of the girl she;d met with the crimson hair, her eyes were drawn to another. Siobhan, who she' met once before on an assignment, was there as well. Had she been there the whole time? There was no way Aika missed someone who....stood out in such a way. Could she? Either way, her head lowered, bowing slightly to her and well the one who seemed to be the center of everything on Coruscant right now. "I apologize for stepping away so suddenly. Someone needed to speak with me. Lady Kerrigan, it's good to see you again. It's been sometime since Corellia. Though you probably don't remember me." A nervous laugh escaped her lips, though it didn't do justice to how nervous she actually was.

@[member="Matsu Ike"] @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] @[member="Coryth Elaris"]

@[member="Matsu Ike"] @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] @[member="Aika Kawakami"]

A soft smile came, but certainly not a real one, to Sio's joke. Reaching up she patted her upon the forearm. "Seems perhaps you and I should be investing in self flying ships."

Even now things were changing, something was so terribly wrong, and she could sense it. But this had nothing to do with the external sources around her. "I know. Big Galaxy though, sometimes I.." Her hand fell away from Siobhan, another stumbled step. This hadn't been part of the vision. This wasn't something she remembered. Seemed the tiny Master was not as well as she appeared. A grimace followed for a moment, pain true pain rolled through her shoulder, followed by the rest of her body before she could tame most of it, save for her shoulder.

Righting herself once more, she glanced to her friend, fear in her eyes. A pale hand reached to her forehead rubbing at it, thinking it all through. Too many strange events were clashing this evening. The healer's eyes moved quickly seeking an answer, trying to allow the fear to wash away. "Might need to visit. Maybe just a vacation will do the trick." Trying her best to hide it all, she smiled, but nothing was right about it.

Some pain had faded, but there was something else at work. Feeling something wet start to ooze from the flesh on her shoulder, she was quick to reached for the source beneath her cloak. One of the scars had ripped open. Withdrawing her hand, what came back was not blood, it was black and quite sickly in nature. Eyes stared for a moment as she ran her thumb across the substance on her fingertips.

This was something she'd never seen in all her years. And with the most recent knowledge she had, there was in no way that this could be a good sign. She was quick to grab her cloak, wiping the substance away. But the feeling lingered on her hand, she had just touched pure darkness, leaving a chill racing down her spine. It was far more than just the darkside living in her flesh, this was much more than that. Whatever had been growing within the Jedi, seemed to only be getting worse.

Her eyes moved to the woman in front of her. What she felt, an aura of light. At least not a threat at this moment. "Do not worry, nothing to apologize for." Even with her concern, worry, she still held a certain calmness in her voice. "My name .." Hesitating a moment, "is Master Coryth Elaris. That is if I can be called Jedi after all this time, all these years."

Glancing between the pair, she sighed. In her heart she knew this was why the force had drawn her here. As much as she hated to be a burden upon others, this was bigger than just her and Siobhan. "That trip to the temple I think we might need to push that up on the itinerary." Her words soft after first, but concern grew with her voice as she went on, "Simple matter is... I need help."

Her hand moved back beneath the cloak, to the open wound. Even other scars visible on her forearms, weren't looking well, darkening. "Something is happening to me, and it seems that this is bigger than anything I can handle alone. I fear, to have any chance I will have to seek the Jedi, and not like there aren't plenty about tonight. All for the woman on the bench, perhaps?" She glanced over her shoulder once more, as she clutched at the seeping wound working as best she could to pull the tattered flesh back together, trying to use the force to mend it, but even that was proving a challenge to her. "Seems after all these years I'm to return home, back to where it all began."

Josh overheard it all, or most of what he could. In watching Circe, his senses allowed him to pick up what @[member="Coryth Elaris"] had been speaking of.... Or most of it anyway. So she was a Jedi.... Was. And it seems she was having trouble.... That was all he needed.

He looked over at @[member="Diana Moridena"]. He gave her a nod.

"She's a fellow Jedi... Or at the very least, close enough to one of us... I'm not letting Circe get near her" he said quietly. "I'm going to speak to her. Keep your eye on Circe, alert the Council that the one she's targetting is one of us. Use any means necessary to drive the Sith Lord off the planet" he commanded quietly. And with that, he headed off.

He walked over to @[member="Coryth Elaris"], giving a nod and a smile to her companions. And finally, his eyes locked with Coryth herself. And there, he smiled, heartwarmingly, as if silently telling her that he was a friend. His eyes darted toward Circe for a moment, and he smirked, almost as if saying "You're not harming anyone here", before looking back to Coryth.

"I apologize if I'm intruding on anything" he began friendily. "I'm a friend, I promise" he said, a confirmation that he was protecting her from something. "If you're heading to the Jedi Temple sometime soon.... Perhaps we could talk?" he asked curiously, his smile never leaving him. "If I'm simply bugging you, I can desist and head back to the Temple if you so wish. It's up to you, miss" he explained.

"But..." he began. "My name is Jedi Master Josh DragonsFlame. Part of the Jedi Council, mainly stationed here on Coruscant. A pleasure to meet you, regardless" he said politely.

@[member="Coryth Elaris"], @[member="Aika Kawakami"]

"There'll be a guest room for you at our place," she promised softly. Siobhan looked confused, then her expression turned concerned and troubled as she took in Coryth's response. She could see and feel the fear that was evident in her eyes, then her eyes fell upon the...black, sickly blood oozing out of the scars etched into her hand. Coryth was quick to wipe it away but it did not escape Siobhan's attention. Her gaze was deeply concerned, but she did not flinch or turn away in disgust.

After all, Coryth was her friend and without her Siobhan would have died after Gehenna. But what she was going through, what she was suffering was something that Siobhan did not, could not understand. It felt like there was something vile, malignant festering inside her and it was trying to break out, but beyond that Siobhan's comprehension hit a solid barrier. Before she could say something the words of the girl who had suddenly approached them shook her out of her musings and she turned her eyes towards her. It took Siobhan a couple moments to recognise her and put name to her face. Admittedly it had been a long time since Corellia, so much had changed. "Aika, isn't it? You were with Ike's delegation. Yeah, lot of time has passed."

Her eyes quickly shifted right back to Coryth. "You're more of a Jedi than a hell of lot of th temple dwellers," spoke, as she tended to do, bluntly. She gently took Coryth's hand, giving it a light squeeze. Inadvertently her eyes fell upon the nastily seeping wound on her shoulder, seeing as Coryth struggled to mend it with the Force. Healing had been Coryth's great gift, she was probably the greatest healer Siobhan had ever known, yet now she looked lost. "Then we go there, find out what the hell it is and fix it. I know someone there who's good at healing and all the arcane stuff - @[member="Phylis Alince"]. Figure she's in the Temple deep in the archives," she would have smiled but for the urgency of the situation. "Believe me, you'll be ok."

As she spoke these words apparently another Jedi had suddenly shown up, introducing himself as @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]. What a dramatic name. "Siobhan Kerrigan," she introduced herself a bit gruffly. As in Butcher Kerrigan who had wiped out the Bando Gora, former Exarch of the Protectorate back when it was actually worth serving, current Vice President of Firemane Industries. Personally Siobhan was not in the mood for long chit-chat. Siobhan had a terribly low opinion of Jedi at the best times - just about the only ones she actually liked were Phylis and Coryth - and her stance on the Republic was just as negative. But Coryth needed help and it seemed she would have to return for the Temple for it.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
@[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] @[member="Coryth Elaris"] @[member="Aika Kawakami"]

Matsu could feel them now and.... well that was unexpected. She didn't know what to say when she stopped in the air and set herself down. She wasn't a sustainable flyer like Siobhan but she could continue for some time. It was all about the concentration and right now as she touched down and looked at Aika her voice came out. "Now this is a surprise, Exarch Kerrigan it is good to see you. Aika how is everything looking here now?" Her eyes flicked over to Coryth while raising an eyebrow and searching the area. She didn't make a big scene just opened the parasol and bowed to the redhead. "I am Matsu Ike a master at the temple."

Iella was late, very late. She came running at full speed down the stair way of the Temple. She suddenly stopped as she saw a large group of Jedi outside, a strange sense was in the air which caught her curiosity ... All the Masters are here and gathering around.. Strange .. Iella throught, there is a strange smell in the air around here. She approached the group slowly now not sure what was happening.

"What is going on? .. I know I have missed something", she smiled. "But what in blazers is that smell?, it smells like .... Sith".

@[member="Avalore Eden"] @[member="Matsu Ike"] @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Still a little miffed at being overlooked, Phylis retreated to the library. On the way she encountered a Jedi reading. Now, Phylis was of course happy with reading in general, and the acquisition of knowledge was a prime virtue to her. However, there was something about the way people took the books off the shelves where they belonged and read them…and they never put them back in the right place.
At least nobody brought food into the library. Not after that time that Phylis had caught a Padawan with sticky toffee….

As she passed the Padawan she noted the book being read and sniffed. “Part of the curriculum, Padawan?” she asked snidely.

Then her commlink buzzed. It was ludicrously short of details. “Something happening? Where? What knowledge? When?” she replied, mystified, but Matsu had moved on. Just like her, Phylis thought darkly, always flitting around.

She looked at Avalore. “I wonder sometimes what separates this Order from a herd of gizka….” She paused. “And that’s not a rhetorical question either!”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom