Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Master of ...

@[member="Matsu Ike"] @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] @[member="Aika Kawakami"] @[member="Phylis Alince"]

A small bit of a shocked gasp came from Coryth, the wound had only healed a small bit.Pulling her hand back a thick, black, jagged line was left behind. Shining, still wet, but at least the pace of the seeping had slowed greatly. It had become oh so clear, this was a wound she would not be able to close. And that, that hadn't happened since ... Tightly the fiery redhead shut her eyes, not wanting this to be another moment of horrors so terrible, only barely surviving the last, and only just at that.

Upon opening her eyes hope seemed to fade nearly instantly from them as she looked to her hand open between the group for all to see as she stared at the substance covering her palm and fingertips, yet to wipe it away. Shifting her cloak, she pressed it to the wound, to cover it for now, though she knew it would do her little good otherwise.

Her eyes shifted to the approaching man, and took a hesitant step back. Men, she still wasn't on the best of terms with as a whole. All the harm done to her had come from men. Listening, she waited allowing him to finish, to explain himself before she spoke. "If only the circumstances were better, Master DragonsFlame." She said with a small bow of her head out of respect.

Her hand, she looked to again before looking back to him, the Sio, and to the others around them. "I do not know what this is, other than darkness made manifest. Pure evil in nature. And it's inside of my very skin it seems, fighting to come out. Fighting to pull me under."

Looking up to the rest of them, she sighed heavily, head hung looking at it wishing for all the answers. Even with such a small amount of time passing, she felt sicker, and now it was a fight using the art of the small to hault it's advances. "I'm afraid, time is something we may not have a lot of." Her only thought was to move and quickly. Who knew what this was going to do to her in the end, but right now, there was a small chance. "Talking, is going to have to happen on the go, or wait till the situation is more stable than it is right this moment."

A part of her wanted to give in then, knowing the odds, sensing how deep this matter went, to feel something so dark and twisted was working within her, how long could she actually keep up with it, before the darkness consumed her. Only then did she use the tail edge of her cloak to wipe the substance from her hands.

Turning to Josh, eyes filled with desperation, "Will you help me? Do you believe the Jedi help me? I have a sense this will be no simple matter to solve." Her hand squeezed back tightly against Siobhan's, just needing some form of comfort and encouragement in what otherwise was turning into a very dark hour for the tiny Jedi. Phylis, a familiar name, but there would be no telling if she was remembered out of so many after so long. "And are you sure Siobhan, that Phylis will help too?" She said, her voice softer, quieter, worry growing. "Perhaps her knowledge of the arcane will come in handy. This, matter is far more complicated than I have time to explain in this moment. But I think the healing halls are the best place for me, least for the time being. I can't keep this at bay forever." Her last words whispered, the fear so difficult to mask at that particular moment.

@[member="Matsu Ike"], @[member="Coryth Elaris"], @[member="Phylis Alince"], @[member="Aika Kawakami"], @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

Siobhan turned slightly to acknowledge Matu as she came down from the sky. "Not Exarch anymore," she said a bit stiffly. That was like another time, another time. "Wish the circumstances were better."

The more Coryth spoke, the more Siobhan saw the effect of whatever malignant force was lurking inside her - like a physical presence, trying to quite literally burst and claw its way out of her skin - the antsier she was becoming, though she tried to keep a lid on her emotions. This was something she could not solve by bashing someone's skull, much as she would like to. But outwardly at least she had to remain calm and in control - for Coryth's sake, she was the one needing reassurance now.

In response to Coryth she squeezed her hand, not letting go, then gently patted her on the shoulder, taking care to avoid the festering wound, but equally not averting her gaze. "She'll help, believe me. We've worked together before. She's a friend - and you know what I think of Council Jedi, so me saying that of one means something," she spoke honestly.

"You'll be fine. You're one of the strongest people I know," she tried to be reassuring, though she herself was feeling lost, turning her eyes to the other Jedi masters. "Well, let's get going to the Temple then. Time's a wasting," grabbing her comm link she dialled the frequency of Phylis. Presumably the head librarian was spending her time in the archives again, pouring over some sort of arcane trivia from an ancient bygone age. "Phylis, it's Siobhan. I need your help...friend of mine does. It's important. Coming to the Temple," despite her efforts to sound calm there was a strong sense of urgency in her voice, which brokered no dissent.

Her commlink buzzed again. Phylis answered it, hoping she’d get answers. It was Siobhan. At first the misspoken promise came treacherously to her mind. As much as having a roof dropped on her head sounded…fun…it wasn’t going to be the library roof!

“Oh hi Siobhan. I’m not sure how much help…oh. Important, right. What sort of help? Well…OK, bring them to the hospital. I’ll be right there!”
Was this related to the Jedi Council’s oblique message? Or was this something else? And what was this important thing that was so important? Why did nobody ever tell her anything!?

Still, she wagged a finger at @[member="Avalore Eden"] to prevent any sudden seduction by popular fiction, then scurried out, heading for the hospital.

“I swear, if this friend is wearing any leather she can deal with whatever problem it is herself!” Phylis said. A Jedi passing her turned to look at the odd comment as Phylis motored past.

@[member="Coryth Elaris"] @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Aika Kawakami

Can one find true light when shadowed in darkness?
Aika stayed quiet, though turning to her master and nodding as she arrived. It wasn't that she was uncomfortable. After all, she knew Matsu well and was at least familiar with Joshua...sort of. Hell, she even knew Lady Kerrigan, the former Omega commander. Something just made it feel like it wasn't her place to interrupt. Even though she did want to know about the mysterious Jedi Master Coryth, there was so much going on around her. Add to it that she was the only knight among them, considering Siobhan's abilities were known across the galaxy. For once she, didn't stick out like a sore thumb. Rather, she blended in so well, she was nearly invisible. Who knew such a thing was possible for her?

Nonetheless, her eyes panned about she looked for anything that seemed out of place. Even with that, her mental barrier that kept her own thoughts within her mind had unknowingly dropped. Anyone that could hear through in the Force even moderately could know what she was thinking. Hm. Well, this is better than I thought. I mean, no one knew what or who she was. Though I'm still curious. Where did she come from? And where has she been all this time. I could ask if it were still just the two of us...or if I was a master. But neither of those are happening anytime soon. Guess I'll just have to wait them out..

@[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] @[member="Coryth Elaris"] @[member="Matsu Ike"] @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

"And here we have the famous pillars..."

Preliat lazily looked onward as the tour guide went on and on and on and...guess what came after on. Moreso, on, about the Jedi temple. He'd taken the stupid guided tour and all he got was a very ironic t-shirt. Great. Something he'd wear to bed, at least. Lifting up his helmet to eat the popcorn (that he was told to throw away), Preliat walked forward, straying from the tour group.

"Stay with the group, my Mandalorian friend."

"Yeah, sorry, I just dropped my interest somewhere back near the entrance and wanted to see if you wanted to help me find it.."The Ithorian sighed and continued on with the tour. Better to just let the Mandalorian do as he wanted, there were plenty of Jedi around to stop him if he tried to do anything stupid. The Mandalorian went about, munching on his popcorn as he strutted around the temple, glancing about. He saw a short-haired man wearing Ori'ramikade armor in the distance, and went to go talk to him, before he spotted something out of the corner of his 360-degree vision thanks to his helmet. He almost did a triple-double-minus-the-triple-add-the-double when he saw it. A fat (wait, no, she was pregnant. then again, everyone could do with a little shedding here and there, but hey), sofa-taking woman, was currently eyeballs deep in his favorite novel. He used his jetpack to comically slam into the couch next to her, lifting up his helmet to munch on some popcorn.

"I liked Diamori's other book, The Bothan, The Dathomir Witch, and the walk-in closet better. I also enjoyed Tales of Forbidden Love: The Taung and the Jedi..But then again, that one didn't really catch on past Concord Dawn and Concordia."He pulled his helmet down, tilting his head and smiling at her.

Nope, didn't give her a name yet either.

@[member="Avalore Eden"]

Engrossed in her literary romantic affair, Avalore barely registered the words of @[member="Phylis Alince"] until the woman was all but standing there, staring.

She startled, having looked up over the brim of her book to find those eyes locked upon her and gave a wary glance around. Sluuurp. She didn't have much time to say...well, anything, before the woman was off. Watching her go for a moment, she settled back down into her quiet little world. Yes, where were we?

The Assassin gave a bark of laughter at the Jedi's proclamation, "Love? Jedi can't love, everyone knows that."
"But we can love and we do love," the Jedi insisted, moving closer, the distance between them growing thin, "and I know that I feel it for you."
A heavy silence overcame the Assassin, watching the Jedi's movements until they were but a whisper apart-

"I liked Diamori's other book, The Bothan, The Dathomir Witch, and the walk-in closet better. I also enjoyed Tales of Forbidden Love: The Taung and the Jedi..But then again, that one didn't really catch on past Concord Dawn and Concordia."

Avalore blinked, looking up to spy a helmeted Sir shoveling popcorn over the back of her couch. Sluuurp. She stared in wonder, "Wizard...are you joshin'? Ain't nobody else I know even heard of Taung and the Jedi!"

@[member="Preliat Mantis"]

@[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] @[member="Aika Kawakami"] @[member="Phylis Alince"] @[member="Matsu Ike"] @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

Coryth for the time being had kept things under control. But as they spoke the scars seemed to ever so slowly seem to be changing colors. That dark purple they were, shifting slowly darkening, though so far it had only been her arm and that one place upon her shoulder affected. The slight throb of pain within the limb confirmed it to her, the one even her own skills could not completely mask.

Looking then back to Siobhan she nodded, with confirmation at the very least her friend would be willing to help them, that gave the little master something. With all that was happening, being an empath by nature, the force only enhanced that ability and there were simply just some things did not slip her notice. The Knight, sad eyes moved to her. The woman's thoughts had been heard clearly by the little redhead.

There wasn't a lot of time, and she wasn't willing to just stand there any longer as others seemed so willing to do, wanting more from her or what she did not know. Giving a small tug, she pulled on Siobhan's hand. These streets, the woman still remembered as if it was yesterday."It's complicated." She said softly, tiredness creeping into her voice.

"I can explain on the way. And ... a small suggestion, Knight or otherwise, you always have the right to voice a concern, or question no matter the status of the Jedi around you." For never had Coryth once let her status as a Padawan, or a Knight, allow her to keep her from voicing such thoughts. Even if it meant her being kicked from council meetings on a regular basis.

Now taking the lead, she didn't let go of Siobhan. For in that moment, she needed the comfort, the closeness, the reassurance that Siobhan's presence gave her. Somehow, it felt as if she gained strength just from the woman simply being at her side. Strangely enough, her old master had held her hand that day he found her in that old alley way. Walking her to the temple hand in hand, to assure her that where she was going there was safety, warmth, comfort, knowledge, and most of all healing as it was most needed that day for the malnourished and badly beaten child.

"It's been over a decade, since I last stepped foot within the temple walls. And I am human, just as most around me right now are. Just ... some terrible things have befallen me" She spoke quietly, as she most always did, a soothing voice even for one in as much pain as she was in. "I too was a Knight as you are now, and had left the temple, to manage a very private matter." Her lips twisted into a frown, it still hurt her to think back to those memories. "To say goodbye to someone who meant a great deal to me." This was a sadness, she could not and would not mask in her current state, allowing the emotions to wash through her. "I was kidnapped before I could ever reach the grave and taken far from here, into Unknown space."

Coryth paused, and waited a moment, for a clearing in traffic to lead the group on across, getting closer to the temple. "There I was held captive for three years, beaten, abused and tortured for what specks of the future I can see by a Sith." Her lips curled into a bit of a snarl at the word, and a spark of anger that she force away quicker than it could be felt by any of the others. "I got lucky." Her voice back to the same calm tone, almost too calm. "And managed escape, but not before taking every last treasure he held. Seven years, and I bartered and bribed my way through places I cannot even begin to describe. Aliens unlike anything there ever was here. I do not even think there are words in basic for some of the things I've seen." Even her eyes showed it, she was truly one who had seen far too much for a woman of her age.

"Came back into known space, I suppose it's been a year now, maybe a lil more than that." Coryth shrugged, but winced, quickly reminded there was an open wound upon her shoulder, still. "The Council and I were never one's to get along, so I let the force guide me to where I was needed, followed it all across the galaxy, and was led to the Omega Protectorate where I used my skills as a healer and surgeon, saving the wounded and dying. Those cases that the other doctors considered hopeless." At those words she glanced up to Kerrigan, "And came to know Colonel Kerrigan, as at the time she was my commander." Even Siobhan, had once been considered a hopeless case when she had been brought to her at Gehenna. Had it not been for Coryth's incredible gifts and skills, it was very likely the brave warrior would not be walking next to her now.

A final sigh, "I left it after the loss of a dear friend. Couldn't take being in the same halls and places where I was constantly reminded of him. So, I took off once more letting the force guide me, and well, wandered for a time helping the sick and wounded as I came across them before it drew me here. I suppose I understand the reasons for it bringing me here a little better now, than I did when I purchased the ticket."

It wasn't every detail, that much was certain. But it was the quick version, and likely the only one she was to give openly in the public. One on one was another story. The spires of the temple now towered above the small group. Though the longer they walked, it was clear the more weary the small woman was growing. Her energies, too divided but even fatigued, she was never one to give up.

Something Siobhan knew too well. After all Coryth had pulled a fairly large chunk of ceiling down upon her as the pair tore apart the training room, in a "training" session. And even before that, Coryth had pushed herself to the brink of death saving Hevana and her fellow squadmate Brigs when she first came in contact with the Omega people, just a few weeks into her return to Known space. The woman was one who would always push herself to the very last of what she had, and then one step further, even ten steps further than that if it were asked of her. Hell, if it was asked of her to save another, she'd give her own life without much of a second thought.

That was the one thing Coryth did not know how to do, was to give up. And that sheer stubbornness had kept her alive thus far. And with her foot upon the first stair of the many leading up to the temple, her knee gave way, and she would have fallen had it not been for her grip on Siobhan. Somehow she righted herself, now shaky, and visibly exhausted. All she could do was look up to her friend, knowing she would likely need help to make the stairs, but could not bring herself to ask.

In her stubbornness, she started up them upon unsteady legs, but determined to make it as far as her body would allow for. But what her body was going to allow for, wasn't going to be too much more. Constantly working the force in the manner she was, simply was something she'd not done in a very long time, and exhaustion of the mind and body did take it's toll on her. Perhaps quicker than most, but given what she was fighting at the same time, and having walked for miles, it was some small miracle she was moving at all.

@[member="Phylis Alince"], @[member="Coryth Elaris"], @[member="Aika Kawakami"], @[member="Matsu Ike"], @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

Siobhan flushed and looked a bit exasperated. To be fair she did get around a lot. "Phylis, it's not THAT kind of problem. Now get there," she spoke into the comm before cutting the connection and turning her eyes to Coryth. "She'll be there, don't worry."

She mostly fell silent as Coryth spoke, her tale that of pain, loss and suffering. There was a flicker of something on her face when the redhead spoke of her three years of torment at the hands of a Sith. Siobhan had been tortured and maimed...but only for a short duration. Tegaea had been tormented to the brink of death by Kaelin.

Coryth had endured this all for three years...

Someone else might have pitied and felt sorry for her, by contrast Siobhan felt her respect for her rise. Coryth had endured and suffered all this, but the experience had not broken her, she was a good, caring person who gave her everything to healing. To say that she had been through hell seemed inadequate to convey what she had went through.

The rage, the anger, Siobhan understood all too well. It was what fuelled her after all...and the former Exarch could exactly be described as a good person.

As they walked up to the Temple, with Coryth seemingly holding to Siobhan's hand for dear life, she could feel and see just how exhausted her friend was. Her legs looked unsteady and wobbly, like she could collapse any moment, the exertion was written all across her features. The short stack of fire was stubborn, tremendously so. After all, she had walked up to two strangers on what had just moments ago been a battlefield and almost killed herself healing them. She caught the look Coryth gave her, asking for help, but unable to utter the words.

Very much like Siobhan. She gave Coryth's hand a gentle squeeze then without further ado picked her up and carried her up the stairs. Gently. And before anyone asks, there was no groping or anything inappropriate of that sort. "It's ok, Coryth. You're not alone, I'm here. You'll get through this," she spoke softly, ignoring the other Jedi.

@Coryth Elaris, @Aika Kawakami, @Matsu Ike, @Joshua DragonsFlame , @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

It was well that Phylis was not around when @[member="Preliat Mantis"] barged in and started eating. Eating, in the library! A Mandalorian!

If he was still there when she got back she would…well…let’s just say that Mandalorian helmets were not suited for some uses she would plan on.

Either way, Phylis was not there, she was in the hospital, waiting for @[member="Coryth Elaris"] to arrive. She had met Coryth before, quite a long time before. The impression she’d gotten of the girl was a volcano about to blow. Combined with @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]’s general hair trigger flare up, Phylis prudently had put away some of the fragile and expensive equipment just in case.

And so she waited for her patients to arrive. Patiently. Probably.

A look of sympathy crossed Josh's face as he listened to @[member="Coryth Elaris"]. In Josh, one could easily sense depression, devastation, loss, guilt, and agony, though the reasons for them were likely not due to Coryth's situation. Regardless, he hid these on his face incredibly well, perhaps for the well being of those around him.

He felt bad for the woman, and wanted to help best he could. But how... Perhaps Phyllis would be able to shed some light on it.

"You have gone through a great deal of suffering, my friend" Josh finally spoke to Coryth. If he wasn't afraid to frighten her, he'd have put a hand on her shoulder, or if she were a friend, maybe given her a hug. But this wasn't the time for that kind of mac n cheese.

"I sympathize with your plight. The Jedi welcome you back to our Temple with open arms, and we will do all we can to help you" he said calmly as they went. He didn't know how much that would bring the woman ease, or if it would at all, but it was worth a try.

Well, Circe had tried to be friendly towards @[member="Coryth Elaris"], but you know what? She couldn't be. And you know why? Because the Jedi somehow summoned a horde of masters that were threatening to kill Circe if she so much as went to the same bar as them. It disgusted her to no end, and made her consider her quest to talk with Coryth and help the woman absolutely and utterly futile.

"Fething @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] and his magic posse-making skills."

Then because there wasn't even an opportunity for her to slide into the conversation later down the road, she left. Joy.

@[member="Phylis Alince"] @[member="Aika Kawakami"] @[member="Matsu Ike"] @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Coryth nodded tiredly to Siobhan. "I trust you, Kerrigan .. She'll do as you've said." It was just the small reassurances she needed then and there. The simplest of things gave comfort, in even the hardest of times and her dear friend was doing just that. And at the very least, she was not alone for a change. This road, she knew now was never meant for her to take on her own.

And while Siobhan had never known the details, never been told the full story... The scars that marred her body now, so plain to see, were from the first time she'd been taken, and endured brutal torture for the span of a month. That was where the Sith alchemy had come into the play. The Sith who had stolen her away into unknown space, was a little more kind with his torture. The outright beatings, were nothing compared to the first time. Though, Coryth had a feeling she'd be explaining that too soon enough. Torture, simply was nothing new to the small redhead.

One more squeeze of her tiny hand, and Siobhan had scooped her up with some great care. Shifting carefully, like a child, she laid her head upon the former Exarch's shoulder and sighed. To be off her feet, was exactly the relief she needed most. Such simple words, only brought comfort to her, allowing for just a moment to close her eyes. Even such a small moment felt like an hour, though no more than a minute or two could have passed.

"If you only knew the half of it, friend. For that is only a small sliver of what my life has been ..." She spoke softly, not worried about focusing too much on the outside world. She just needed to focus on halting whatever the disease's progression, but that was going to require more explaining later.

For a moment now, she wasn't on her feet, and could have a few moments of rest. "Any help is appreciated, I only have an idea of what is happening, and perhaps those more versed in the ancient an arcane can help to figure out the rest." Now beyond her shoulder, down her arm, once purple scars were now black, inching slowly outward from the singular point on her shoulder, following the webbed mass of scars that seemed to cover everything but her face, hands and neck. The only thing the Sith had spared, and the cost had been great for her to get him to cease there. "Before things get much worse."

Taken back into the the hospital wing, she only allowed for Siobhan to set her upon one of the empty beds, but did not lay back. For the moment, she had no intention to. And knowing where the worse was, for the time being sitting would be best for a true look at what was causing her pain. Though she did finally shed the cloak, laying to her side, the black substance staining it it a few places. That same dark line, shiny and still wet where the single scar of the many that covered so much of her body had opened, only to be partly closed by the healers hands. The ooze hadn't closed over like a normal cut would have. And under the brighter lights the gloss it held, seemed so much brighter and the substance itself, so much darker to her than it did outside.

Every fiber of her being wanted to reach to touch it, but knew better. Whatever it was, it was beyond the scope of what she could heal and purge from herself. For now she was going to have to wait, wait for another healer, wait for advice, wait ... and waiting was never something she was good at. For the moment, she remained silent. Silent but clearly worried. There was nothing else for her to do, and something about that just felt wrong.

What is a healer's use if they cannot heal? A train of thought she did not wish to finish.

Major Faction

Syn

Nimir-ra to Iella, Jedi Shadow
@[member="Coryth Elaris"]

Syn had finally made his way over and now he looked at Coryth and the others. A look on his face when it came to his nostrils. Whatever ooze she had on her or whatever it was made his blood boil and his skin prickle in goosebumps. There was much about her while the jedi master moved forward carefully working to not betray the mix of revulsion and sadness. She wasn't going to enjoy this and he gave a bow keeping a tight lipped expression of neutrality on his mouth. The sash covering enough of his face it would matter little. "I can see now what was so dangerous, your skin reeks of the darkside and yet your strange." He didn't know how to explain it but was more then willing to bring in the other councilors. "I am Synlidwirh miss and welcome back."

@[member="Phylis Alince"], @[member="Coryth Elaris"], @[member="Syn"]

Siobhan, who had carried Coryth up the stairs into the hospital gently laid the redhead down on one of the beds. "You'll be fine," she spoke softly - Coryth had to be. To say that Siobhan was not thrilled about once again walking through the 'hallowed halls' of the 'guardians of peace and justice' would be an understatement. The only one among she actually liked and trusted was Phylis. But she had to be there for her friend and so she would stay with her - and make sure the Council in its eternal wisdom did not push or prod her into anything.

She turned her gaze to Phylis. "Good you're here," she said with clear relief. "Not sure whether you know each other. Phylis Alince...Coryth Elaris. She was a Jedi way back, think about my time. Look, you gotta help her." She was trying to keep her voice calm and controlled, partly for Coryth's sake partly for hers, but there was a pleading undertone.

However, her features hardened and her jaw tightened when 'Synlidwirh' stepped in and said his piece. So what was the Jedi order was like today? If looks could kill the man would have spontaneously combusted on the spot. She felt like telekinetically grabbing him and smashing him through a wall. Frankly concern for Coryth was the only thing that stopped her.

"Is that how the noble 'guardians of peace and justice' greet people who need their help, one of their own today?" she snapped coldly, tone harsh and unyielding. "'I sense the dark from you and hi, welcome back' Guess I shouldn't be surprised after anything to find hypocrisy like that here. That woman's more of a real Jedi than most of those who who walk these halls so certain that they're bathed in light and righteousness. She devoted herself to healing, whereas your Council's just been big crusading for the 'great' Republic and you say she reeks of the darkside. Are you here to be useful and actually help? Great! Otherwise leave. She's not to be treated like yesterday's leftover."

@Coryth Elaris, @Syn @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Ah, the Jedi Order. There was a lesson here, even if she wasn't sure what it was.
Phylis came forward to prevent the roof of her hospital being pulled down on top of them. "Master Syn, Master Kerrigan, I see you've met. Now, both of you please be quiet so I can examine the patient," she ordered. It was about as stern as she got, which admittedly wasn't much!

Going over to Coryth she smiled reassuringly at the short stack of fire. "Welcome back, Coryth, it's been a while! You probably don't remember me, I was the one who taught you history when you were here. Hmm, now, let me see."

"Very nasty. What caused this, Coryth? What happened to you?"

@[member="Phylis Alince"] @[member="Syn"] @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] @[member="Aika Kawakami"] @[member="Matsu Ike"] @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

Coryth nodded slowly, finding herself rather quiet. "I do remember, though it's been a long while. Maybe far too long, maybe I waited and stalled my return for too long." Her eyes dropped to the floor. She exhaled slowly, trying to stay calm and keep defending her body from the strong pull she felt from the darkness, but there was more to it than that, she just didn't understand. The pull she was feeling, had a sense to it, a presence. She shook off the thoughts and returned back to yet another hard tale she was going to have to speak. "I was just eighteen back then, still a kid, a freshly minted knight. So this isn't exactly new, but the changes are."

"The scars," She lifted her right arm, exposing the same series of scars that crisscrossed the rest of her body, just like the one that still oozed ever so slowly now upon her left shoulder, and the creeping darkness had almost stopped, almost being key. "While they appear fresh, as if they only healed days ago, they are easily over a decade old, twelve years give or take a few months." It seemed almost unreal it had been so long ago that not only was she used as bate, but an incubator for a child of that monster.

"They are born of torture, and Sith alchemy, of which I am in no way familiar what he did or how exactly. The blades were not imbued with it, but after one particularly brutal torture session where I passed out, I woke completely coated in a horribly smelling sickly greenish colored substance. The stuff burned terribly, such agony I'd never known and have yet to come close to matching it either. It seemed to make the wounds keep bleeding, to slow the healing process, maybe even stop it. I don't have the answer for it." As much as she wished for the right answers, and wanting them right now, Cory knew all too well the Galaxy did not work that way, nor did the force.

Another sigh, she wouldn't look up, trying everything to avoid looking at the festering wound, the blackening scars and the others around her. "I was only held a month in his hands, but it was long enough. Long enough to twist every cut of his blades, every piercing wound from a dagger, every last electric shock or burn into something that nearly did not heal at all. His only goal to make sure no one could stand the sight of me. And I ... forced to watch for most of it, when I didn't fall unconscious from the pain. He saved my face, neck, and considering both wrists were broken as well as the little bones inside them to ensure I could not attempt to dislocate my thumb and ever try again to escape, he left those alone too. At least for a time, using other forms of torture to draw in a dear friend." Her fiance, but those words she left unspoken.

"With some luck I was rescued before he could complete the task, but still the alchemy did it's work. It kept me in constant pain and agony for nearly a year. Every healing method in the book was tried, used nearly constantly draining healers to their limits back then. Even then it took nearly a full year before they stopped bleeding, oozing and causing other types of infection in the process, and finally sealed over and the scars remained as a constant reminder of what happened. It didn't help that I had severed my own connection with the force for not wanting to deal with it at all. To not deal with the being growing inside me. To feel her grow through the force, it was more than I could handle. The girl I gave up for adoption, but that is another tale for another time." And one she did not wish to elaborate on, somewhere out there was a tiny little redhead, just nearing the age of twelve, likely if she was force sensitive as Coryth was, someone was already seeing to her training.

Leaning forward she laid her head in her hands as she drew up her knees to her chest, almost as if trying to hide from all in the room. And even though she could do so, using a form of illusion that few were used to and aware of, she knew it would do her no good. Having been led here by the force, there would be no use expending much needed energies on hiding when for a change Coryth needed to be seen.

"Dreams started a time ago, trying to bring me back here, and even then there was a powerful pull from the darkside, almost sentient. It's been growing more powerful the longer I waited, and stalled coming back here. Last I knew being gone over ten years, I figured the Council would have assumed me dead, and I was almost happy to leave it that way. I've helped and healed so many more on my own letting the force be my guide. Than I did to allow the Council to be my guide. But I see now," A glance to her shoulder and so much she wanted to cry, her waiting and stubbornness may have been her doom. "What waiting has cost me. I have a sense there isn't a ton of time. And ... there's been visions with this. I... never mind, they can't be real just dreams. Nothing to worry about." Ignoring what she'd seen, visions of an old box, on a small pedestal. It seemed to be nothing, but the dreams of it had started when the force began to draw her in where it all began.
"On top of it all Master Alince, I've tried desperately to heal it for it was twice this size when I started, but it would not completely respond to me, almost seemed to fight against me. What ever this is ripped the scar open from the inside." Hands reached, spreading her cloak upon the bed, showing where she'd wiped her hand clean of the substance. "May be easier to get a sample from the cloth than to play with the wound, for I worry of the damage even a little prodding might do."

One last time she sighed, looking up at the healer, "It's pure darkness, and it lives in my skin, trying to pull me under. I know that now, it was half the reason I ventured here. Knowing that I didn't have the answers, and hoping my situation would not turn so dangerous so quickly."
Her small grey eyes could not have been more sad at the situation. "I have waited too long." She said firmly. No one was going to convince her otherwise.

@Syn @Siobhan Kerrigan @Aika Kawakami @Matsu Ike @Joshua DragonsFlame
@[member="Coryth Elaris"]

Phylis listened to the sorrowful story, occasionally pursing her lips. It was a terrible story, and Phylis felt like she would succumb to emotion, but it was not time for that, it was time for solutions.

“I suspect Sith poison, which is not so much venom as it is concentrated Dark Side corruption. I will need to analyse this to confirm the matter. What treatments have you tried, Coryth?”
Using a scalpel Phylis deftly cut a small section of cloth covered with the horrible substance and dropped it into a test tube. She could feel the Dark Side imbuing the material.

“I need whichever Jedi Masters and Councilors who are available to come here at once. This is a condition far worse than Tracyn was, and I feel we will need several masters to even slow this taint.”

Phylis looked to @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] and pulled her aside to speak privately. “I want you to stay with Coryth and reassure her whilst I get everything prepared. This will not be an easy…or a painless process, and the result is not in doubt. But she must keep believing she can endure it. If she loses the will to fight then she will die.”

@[member="Coryth Elaris"], @[member="Phylis Alince"]

Siobhan had listened to the sorrowful story - that adjective did not quite cover it - in silence, unconsciously clenching her hands as Coryth spoke. Unlike Phylis she was far from adept at controlling her emotions, but she managed, at least outwardly. Internally murderous thoughts were coursing through her mind regarding the Sith who had did this to her.

She took a breath as Phylis pulled her aside; her expression was grim. Phylis' words were obviously not what Siobhan wanted to hear, but she understood...Coryth had to make it, but she also had to believe she could do it and beat the odds. "I know. She saved my life, I'll stay and be there for her. Just please do what you can."

@[member="Syn"] @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] @[member="Aika Kawakami"] @[member="Matsu Ike"] @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] @[member="Phylis Alince"]

Coryth only then glanced up, though some part of herself felt guilt and regret for having waited. She knew what was inside her long ago, at least a year, but it then did not seem so horrible just another battle she'd have to fight through. But however she didn't think Sith Poison's effects lasted this long. So many years had passed, and it only now seeped from her body?

The little redhead took a moment to collect herself before speaking. It seemed the idea of Sith poison after so long had left her a little shocked. "Her words were quiet, eyes not meeting with Alince's. "Art of the Small, it's at least what is slowing it now, but I can't maintain it forever. Traditional Jedi healing, purification ..."

For once the fiery little one with so much to say seemed to be at a loss for words, "Every thing I've been taught I've tried." Her head bowed now, feeling as though she had failed. "And this," she lifted the uninjured arm to gesture to the wound, "is as close as I've gotten to seal it over." Physical exhaustion was starting to set in barely able to keep her eyes open, and Coryth knew she'd need rest. But with rest came fear. Fear of losing control, and the disease progressing rapidly while she slept. "I've not tried a healing trance, it's just not been bad enough until now. My skin, was fine this morning Master, over the day, it's come to this. I'm doing all I can to keep it at bay." Even with what she was doing, mental exhaustion was catching up.

Closing her eyes, she sighed so heavily. "But even Sith Poison I've not seen act so aggressively, nor actively fight a being as it is me." Near to tears, scared, worried, none of it she could hide from anyone. Without control over her non-force related empathic gifts, it was likely all in the room felt exactly what she did, the fear, the worry, the urgency. "Every single second is a fight." She whispered.

"How is this possible? It's been so long. Surely it would have reacted like this sooner. Not taken a decade or more to bring about this agony." She whimpered softly in pain, feeling the tainted darkness shift down her arm. A long scar across upper arm, now completely blackened, swelling slightly. Taking a breath in, she did her best to relax. Help is here, this is beyond your skill alone. The Jedi were going to help her. They had to, otherwise, Coryth would die. Though, she wasn't fully aware of how sith poison worked exactly, but she'd only seen a single case of it in her youth, and that was something that sent a chill down her spine recalling the agony of the Knight suffering from it.

Then an agonized cry as Coryth's eyes glazed, and her control was lost for a minute or two, while a vision took hold of her. Seeing something the others were not. The vision she was now seeing, had broken her focus, her reign of the sickness, slipping as her mind showed her a glimpse of the future. A box came into view, her hands reaching for it. To the others around her in the room, they would only see her lift her hands, trying to grasp at something that in their eyes was not there. Back inside her realm, fingers touched the box, and relief was felt, even if just temporary.

Finally she came to, a grimace of pain on her face as she looked to a freshly opened scar upon her upper arm, oozing the same substance. Instantly Coryth out of instinct alone, grabbed for the open wound to attempt to heal it but, her abilities, her body were spent. Other than to have her hand covered in the horrific stuff, she'd done herself no good. The vision had taken what little energy she had left. Finally giving in, Coryth just laid down to weep. She couldn't save herself, at least not on her own and now she wondered what it was exactly that the force had shown her.

But even through the tears, Coryth had one question for the Master's around her. "Should I feel ... something pulling at me? Something ... alive?" She shook her head, curling up upon the bed, "No, not quite alive, but not yet .. not dead either?" She spoke even softer than before, barely above a whisper.

@[member="Coryth Elaris"] @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

This whole incident was something beyond even her experience. However, she fought the worry and anxiety which she knew was radiating from Coryth, and took a deep breath.

“This will not be an easy process. I have a plan, but it will be risky. I think it might just work though.”
Not exactly reassuring, but she liked to lay it all out in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom