Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Master of ...

@[member="Phylis Alince"] @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] @[member="Aika Kawakami"]

Through her tears, Coryth glanced to her former history teacher. She gave a small nod, for it was all she really could manage. Reaching up she wiped away as much of her tears as she could. The pain obvious and something she could no longer ease, just simply far too drained to help even herself. Every last bit of energy she had was tied up with Art of the Small, to try and slow down the darkness as much as she possibly could.

"Nothing good, comes without risk, Master Alince. Please, share your thoughts, so that maybe we may end this." Coryth's breathing was quick, the poor thing looking like she'd run a marathon already, and just barely into it. Something nearly all in the room were well aware of. The redhead had much more to get through, but for now she'd settle for just making it through the night. "Or at the very least, slow it's progress so that we buy some time, to find others with the power or perhaps the answers needed."

"I know if we do nothing, then it ends for me." She said firmly, knowing the reality. It would either kill her, or twist her into some kind of darkside monster. Neither of which she wanted to happen. "So by all means, take the lead, and I shall follow."

@[member="Coryth Elaris"] @[member="Phylis Alince"] @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

There weren't much in the Temple that Sarge didn't keep an eye on, if only for his own paranoid peace of mind. So when the walking bomb of emotion made its way into the Temple, well... he knew. Didn't even have to monitor security footage, either although he had. When apothecaries began heading towards the hospital wing, he'd known something was up.

The Sith Front was too far away for battle casualties to be brought here, and so far as he knew no Jedi were on mission at the moment. Or, rather, none were scheduled to return right now. So he decided to check on it himself. Wrapping his beskar-plated body in the maroon colored robes he favored, he settled his helmet perfectly on his head and pulled his hood up to frame it.

With this, the porcelain appearance of the front of the helmet took on the front of a mask, rather than merely a painted helmet. It suited his purposes just fine. Scanning through the comm channels in use in the area, he finally found the one in use by most of the Padawans in their off-time. Gossip was discouraged, obviously, but there was always a means.

Always.

And, from the scuttlebutt... there was a tiny redhead up in the hospital wing doing all sorts of freaky things. Naturally, once he heard 'redhead'... well, he was all over it. Things were just more interesting around them. Still, something pulled at him, something he'd come to associate with that annoying pervading field known as the Force.

Turning to the nearby desk he pulled open a drawer and pulled a small pendent from within it; it was more of a promise though, actually.

Tucking it into a pouch on his utility belt, he opened the door to his room and sent one last class to the rumpled sheets on the bed. Frowning momentarily, brow furrowing at some nameless thought, he began his trek.

The trip wasn't long. The Temple was large, but it had been designed to be open and easy to navigate. As the premier Jedi headquarters there were more than a few dignitaries who made trips here to see what the Jedi could do to assist them on their own worlds. That necessitated ease of navigation.

Passing through the Jedi who went about their business, he turned towards the Hospital Wing and found himself feeling more and more emotion that simply wasn't his. Typically speaking, this wasn't unnatural. The wing was one of pain and suffering, but also of healing. It wasn't too out of the question to pick up serious residual energy from a place such as this.

Stopping at the threshold, the Jedi turned his head to a crowd of people around a nearby bed. He recognized the one woman - Major Kerrigan - although her rank was probably different. Or, hell, for all he knew she was a part of the Fringe now. It wasn't a concern of his. But what was concerning was the pale form on the bed.

The one that was in pain.

Coryth.

The frown disappeared. His lips set themselves into a thin line. She was a woman who, like him, had more scars than the surface could ever show. But two people with problems did not a solution make, and after his escape from Dagobah, well, he'd simply never gotten around to seeing her.

She had enough problems as is without someone returning from the dead. But he was also a coward when it came to hurting the feelings of others. Physical pain? Not so hard. Emotional? Vastly more difficult.

Sighing, he made his way towards the crowd, attracting the usual amount of attention to himself that he always did; that is to say, almost none. He made nary a noise, and simply pulled the pendant from his belt and set it on a nearby tray of medical supplies. Without another word, Sarge turned on his heel and began to walk away.

He couldn't help her. He couldn't help himself. But he wasn't about to give the game up so easily by just straight up handing her the pendent she'd given him. Hopefully they'd not find the pendent until he was gone.

That would make this so much easier.

Pausing at the threshold again, he turned his head to regard the group, eyes the color of the void dropping to stare at the floor for a moment before he turned and kept going.

Aika Kawakami

Can one find true light when shadowed in darkness?
Ah, how its wonderful to not be noticed. To be so quiet, and out of the way, that your seemingly invisible. At this point, one could've gone all Freddy Kreuger on the entire group. But, we'll save that for another story..

Aika had followed along behind Siobhan, Phylis, and the mysterious Coryth from the streets of Coruscant all the way into the Jedi Temple. Oddly enough, she was content with simply listening to them speak about what was happening to this woman who seemed so naturally warm and welcoming. Yet, at the same time, she had such an ominous presence around her. It had had to be the most confusing thing Aika herself had ever felt. In truth, she didn't know how to react to such a phenomenon. One could learn many things through training, but it became quite obvious that how to deal with someone being consumed by darkness wasn't one of them. Not by a long shot.

Even after they arrived in the medical wing of the Temple, her lips remained sealed. As she stood to the back to the room, there was no way she could stop herself from feeling for her. To be on precipice of being consumed by something dark, or even worse, was nothing that she could ever imagine. Surely, her emotions could be felt by the others who were attending to the woman's needs. There was no really no need for her to remain with them. Even Aika didn't believe in coincidences, this was one time when she felt there had truly been something that didn't have any greater meaning.

She wanted to believe that. She needed to believe that. But something, a small twinge in the back of her mind, simply wouldn't allow it. Coryth was here for a reason. They all were. The question that she couldn't help but wonder was what part she was supposed to play in all of this.

@Coryth Elaris @Phylis Alince @Siobhan Kerrigan @[member="Sarge Potteiger"]

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Matsu listened to the others and moved slowly, it has been an interesting thing to hear but more important was what could be done. She wondered what Phylis might know or what Rianna might be able to heal if heal at all. She knew some of it all and debated how much use she would be not being on the council but given she preferred that and teaching students. Her meager knowledge of sorcery and alchemy not something that would really work strongly to help her. "Perhaps some of the tomes in the library could help us. I'll get the ones out of my room as well."

@[member="Coryth Elaris"], @[member="Sarge Potteiger"], @[member="Phylis Alince"]

The former Exarch, who had been a Colonel for a long time by the time zombies started mucking around on Dagobah, did her best to be composed, or at the very least outwardly look the past. The pain Coryth was suffering was obvious, the strain it put on her, and maddeningly there was no way for Siobhan to help her.

She was no healer, and there was no definite bad guy for her to thrash and make it better. Still, she could be there, or rather had to be there. She took Coryth's hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. "It won't end for you, Coryth. I believe in you. You'll get through this," at the very least Coryth needed to believe this. As she spoke her eyes turned to Phylis. "You got anything on...this?"

Phylis took a deep breath. "Though I cannot provide an instant cure, I am going to attempt to slow down or even stop the corruption until the moment we have a final cure. To do so I will need the power of Jedi to filter through me so I can call on the light and battle this curse. Each of you, I need your help in channelling this power."
"Now, Coryth, I want you to lay down here and I want you to relax as much as possible. As I said, this will likely hurt a bit, but it must be done."

@Coryth Elaris, @Sarge Potteiger @[member="Aika Kawakami"] @[member="Matsu Ike"]

Coryth grasped tightly to @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]'s hand, pulling the woman closer. Her eyes had only moved to @[member="Phylis Alince"] for a moment, to give a small pained nod, understanding of what was to come. There was no easy way out of this, she knew it, Phylis knew it, but she wondered who else knew it. Siobhan's words, gave the small woman some hope, something else to cling to. After all Coryth had been through, she wasn't about to allow something like this be what ultimately took her life. But still, there was no hiding the fear that was so plain to see in those soft grey eyes.

Slowly, with great care, and not at all letting go of Siobhan, Coryth laid down, wincing heavily as her shoulder pressed against the soft bedding. She looked to it, the monster within it seemed, that was paining her so much. The darkness that was threatening to tear her very flesh apart. She squirmed a little with her legs, hardly daring to move her upper body more than what was required of her. Finally she turned away from it, and back to her friend, standing at her side. In this moment, she felt so much like a child, like the first time she'd ever rested under a healers touch. That first time there had been so much fear, fear she learned soon enough to tame, but now she felt like that young fourteen year old, ankle shattered and badly beaten, this world completely unknown to her.

And just as she had then, she wanted comfort, from the familiar. Then it had been the Jedi who had rescued her, who had held her on the table for else wise, the starving, malnourished and frail street rat would hardly let a soul touch her. "Siobhan?" Coryth's voice notably weak and tired. "I know this is going to hurt, hurt like hell. Could I ask you one favor, if Master Alince thinks it will not get in the way.But ...."She took a slow careful breath trying to soothe her own fright, her own pains, and calm herself. "Could you just hold me? Just for the duration. I don't want you to go, don't want to be without a friend. You've given me the strength to get me this far, just by your presence alone, and reassuring me when and how you can. I am afraid," There was a long pause after that. It was one thing for her to show signs of fear, but when she actually admitted openly that she was ... A very telling sign of Coryth's concerns, and if she happened to die tonight, at the very least she wanted to be held by someone. "Please, Siobhan, please.."

Her eyes moved, to one of the trays beside her, and there it was, a pendent... her locket. "Sarge?" She asked softly, but likely he was already gone, She believed him dead for a while now, but ... perhaps this was a sign, his presence that familiar. Reaching out she took the chain in her hand, brought it to her nose and took in the faint scent .... his scent. He had to be alive. This only confused her,"Sarge!?!" She cried out louder, but even her yell didn't carry far. And she started to sit up, and started to try to get out of bed and go after him, find him. After all, she hadn't even caught a glimpse of him. But one of the other healers put a firm palm on her chest, emphasized with the force to hold her down. "There isn't anyone by that name here." Now panting Coryth having no understanding of what was happening, coupled with the possibility that a man she loved, might still take breath, when she assumed all was lost. When she'd been told he was missing in action. "You must relax, Master Elaris, please. The situation is delicate, and it is paramount that you calm yourself, and save your strength."

Sadly, Coryth knew the healer was right. Her body, without the help of the healers in the room, and even non-healers who could help channel in their force powers in with Phylis, giving the healers all far greater power than any one of them would have alone, or even if just the healers themselves combined their abilities. No, this was a time, any one who held the force could join and give their strength to help aide the Master healer in their task. This was a task for many, for Phylis needed the channeled energies of the others in the room, and being the guiding beacon it would give Phylis so much more than the woman had on her own. Given what was spreading beneath her skin, Phylis would need all the help she could get.

"You can always seek this person when you are better, but that time is not now." The nameless healer reminded, still applying pressure with the force upon the tiny woman's body. "Alright, I'll wait." Coryth whispered, and at her words the grasp on body receded slowly. Gentle as it had been Coryth knew too easily how much a grasp like that could tighten to prevent her movement.

Laying her head down, she reached out and set the locket aside on the tray table. One of the handful of items the little woman had collected, that held great and powerful meaning for her. Now with a quiet moment, it dawned on her, if a healer would do that, hold her down with very little reason. It gave Coryth a stern warning, one that need not be voiced. Her situation was grave, and none of the healers were going to let her from her bed, lest the taint be removed, or at the very least slowed as much as they could.

With that realization Coryth came to weep again and her eyes came to @[member="Aika Kawakami"] , "Please, dear ... come here." She asked. "That locket? Has photos of my parents, could you please put it round my neck. The reminder of them gives me strength. It has been a trinket that has brought me great hope, as well as been my light during the darkest of times. It would mean a lot if I could wear it now, and I don't feel I can put it on, on my own." Closing her eyes, she took in a deep breath, before her eyes snapped open, crying in agony as a bit more of her flesh tore open, oozing the evil substance.

"Would it be to much to ask, my dear, sorry I never caught your name, but could you stay by my bedside, please... I need all the comfort I can get, just hold my hand?" The darkness was spreading down her arm far more rapidly, as the purple scars that covered nearly every inch of skin on her arms, and much the rest of her body. But her arm, nearly all the scarring was blackened. It seemed, that Coryth had grown too tired to fight it with art of the small, and without it, the effects went unchecked.

Though for the moment, just her arm and shoulder seemed badly effected. Most other scars across her body remained the same color they had always been, and in that, there was hope. @[member="Matsu Ike"] "Maybe the scrolls will have some answers, some ideas of what's happening to me," Her voice shaking, pain filled, and the air held the agonies, fears, doubts, and concerns that went unchecked as in her weakened state, she simply could not mask her Empathic gift, so sadly unless they could tune it out, most others in the room felt all of what the little redhead did right then.

"Let's do this, Master Alince, please. The sooner the better, for I've exhausted my force resources and I ca..." She stumbled over the words, struggling to get it out, "I .. Can..not .." She took a moment to gather herself to try and finish one sentence, "Art of the ... sm.. small .. I.. don't have .. the .. strength, nor .. the energy now to maintain, the darkness spreads ... unchecked." She managed gravely. "I need a chance ... to save myself ... and I cannot do it without all of ... you. .... my faith ... and life .. lies with all .. in this ... room, I can .. do no more ... to help myself ... right now. Please .., help me... Please, ease the ... the pain." Whimpering softly, she turned and tried to hide her face in her pillow, not wanting to have to face her reality.

@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] @[member="Syn"] @[member="Sarge Potteiger"]

@[member="Coryth Elaris"]

Being equipped with no healing powers whatsoever and not being even vaguely lightside - whatever that meant these days- though on the flip side she was open about her lack of righteousness, Siobhan could not participate in the lightside power transfer operation.

What she could do was try to be there for her friend, who was quite literally fighting for her life now. "I will. I'll be there, Coryth, all the way," she said softly as she strokes her red hair for a moment, then loosely held Coryth. Not too strongly, given the pain the woman was in, but enough to show that she was there and would not leave.

Rianna having been lost out among the daisies in la la land finally felt the pull of the force, and moved toward the place she felt it's pull. She came upon the small group with the young redhead at their center. She stood back from the little group and seeing and feeling Master Alince as she drew upon the force, and hearing the words as she had approached. Rianna understood exactly what they were trying to do, and what must be done.

Rianna summoned the force to her, and then acting as a conduit she pushed the force to Phylis to strengthen her and to help isolate the corruption within the young woman before them all.

Rianna opened her arms palms up feeling the connection of all living things, she said nothing to those around the young woman, and made no mention of her presence, her only purpose to aide. The corruption would have to be isolated within the woman, and then either drawn out, or each cell of the corruption would have to be destroyed within the body.

@[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] @[member="Coryth Elaris"] @[member="Phylis Alince"]

Josh had stuck around, but had stayed quiet throughout the procedure. He waited until a time where he was truly needed...

And that time finally came. The dark side was everywhere. It stank, like a plague. And the likely source was the "Blood" coming from Coryth.

Despite her hesitation toward him, Josh was there to do whatever he could to help. He closed his eyes, allowing his energy to channel into the healers, as much as the Jedi Master possibly could. He knew he'd be tired as hell after this, but he didn't care. Even if a former Jedi, she was still one of them, and her life meant more then his own comfort.

@Coryth Elaris @Phylis Alince @Siobhan Kerrigan

@[member="Rianna Organa"] @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] @[member="Coryth Elaris"] @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Phylis felt the power of the other two Masters enter her. This was like when they had fought Tracyn’s corruption, but far worse. The darkness, viewed through the Force, was almost a solid cloud surrounding Coryth. The former Jedi was barely resisting, and soon enough she would fail and be overwhelmed. However, the Jedi decided that this was the moment to act.

Reaching deeply into the Force, Phylis called upon all the power she possessed and directed it to fight the darkness. Her own abilities increased by the other two masters her power in the light was redoubled and her energy flowed out to attempt to purge the darkness.

The darkness, naturally, did not appreciate being purged and fought back like a dark and strangling snake. As sun burning though a dense fog, the power of the light struck and fought the power holding Coryth in its sway. Back and forth it raged, the darkness literally draining Coryth of her strength as a parasite does to its host to defend itself.

But, whatever it was, could not resist their combined power forever, and the burning light swept over Coryth’s spiritual body. The ‘blood’ oozing from her wound was flash seared dry and turned to flakes of dust, the lines covering her body subsided a little, and the darkness withdrew…defeated but not destroyed.

With this battle won, though not the war, Phylis toppled forward onto the bed, almost insensible from the draining battle she had just fought.
“Hmm…a little…tired….” She mumbled.

@[member="Phylis Alince"] @[member="Rianna Organa"] @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Coryth clutched desperately at Siobhan holding on as tightly as she could as she could feel the light surround her, a beacon in the darkness that had plagued her. But the darkness was not so easy to let go, not when it had a place to take root and grow, and the roots ran deep. The petite redhead cried out, trying her best just to lay still, to not struggle, not when she could feel the light and dark in equal parts vying for control.

With the additional help of the others, it finally pushed things in her favor and she felt it retreat. Like an animal scurrying off to hide in some corner, fearing what would happen if it remained, but it was not entirely gone. Coryth knew it, could feel it as she collapsed back onto the bed. Releasing Siobhan with a somewhat what relieved expression, but the exhaustion even more so evident now. For all her part in this, she could barely keep her eyes open, only wanting sleep, rest. "Thank .. you..." Her voice cracked, ever so soft, barely awake, tears still drying upon her pale skin. The life and death moment had passed, the woman unlikely to know how close she'd come truly to being consumed. Though extremely worn, she was glad for the help, the bed ... The people who had stayed by her side. Weakly she found Siobhan's hand and gave an incredibly weak squeeze before she let her hand fall back to the bed, simply energy for nothing more.

Rolling her head slowly to examine her shoulder, the oozing wound had closed, the dark substance nothing but flakes of black dust upon the sheets, defeated, but only for a time she knew. For thin lines of darkness remained, they were not as clear and obvious as they had been, and the pain mostly subsided. She had been granted a temporary reprieve, and how long that would last, there was no way to know. There was however, a small ache within the muscle to remind her, that this... This was not yet over.

@[member="Coryth Elaris"], @[member="Phylis Alince"]

It was...not over. This was just a reprieve, though an important one. The sickness, the malignant darkness that sought purchase over Coryth, was forced at bay, suppressed, for now. Siobhan had held Coryth tight, trying to be there, trying to sooth and offer the strength and comfort the redhead needed, though she could not participate in the meld to offer Phylis the force energy she needed. She felt the energies of the light flow from Phylis into her friend, a palpable presence as it warred with the darkness.

Part of Siobhan recoiled at the metaphorical bright light that seemed to envelope the room. It felt harmful to her and she felt like stepping back, as part of her was fearing that in the presence of the sun she would be burnt, for she was certainly not of the light. But, remembering her friend, she persevered and stayed where she was, holding close to her and stroking her hair, muttering what she hoped were words of comfort to her. Then it was over, the burning light having swept over Coryth, banishing the darkness as her wounds were seared shut, much like perhaps a lightsabre cauterises a wound, which incidentally was something Siobhan had done once.

Banished...but not defeated. A battle had been won, not the war. She returned the squeeze Coryth gave her as the short stack of fire sunk into the bed, too drained after the procedure for anything else. Siobhan raised her chin from the woman beneath her to look upon the similarly drained Phylis, catching the Jedi Master as she toppled onto the bed, stabilising her. She looked at the Jedi, perhaps the only one in the Order she would see as someone like a friend, with evident gratitude. "Thanks...thanks so much," she said breathlessly. Her eyes flickered over to Coryth. "See, you'll be fine. You can beat it, Coryth," she spoke softly.

Josh finally took in a deep breath as Phyllis managed to defeat the darkness, though not destroy it. Josh hadn't even breathed ever since he had began channeling his energy into Phyllis for this. He had been so focused on just this one task that his own needs seemed unnecessary..

He lowered his head toward the floor and coughed violently. His eyes told of exhaustion, but he was still able to smile at @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"], @[member="Coryth Elaris"] and @[member="Phylis Alince"].

"We've won... For now..." he managed to get out, taking a breath and sitting down on a stool nearby.

"How... How is she?" he asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom