Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Long Overdue (Jedi Skirmishing Sith Empire's Ossus Library!)

Allies: Jedi Strike Force
Enemies: Sith. Currently engaging [member="Neoplix"]
Objective: Survival

Alex's Danger Sense went ballistic as his opponent leveled his weapon and discharged three shots at point blank range while swinging his massive sword in his right hand. "Are you karking kidding me here?!"

The three heavy shots impacted the chest plate of Alex's armor, knocking him off his feet; which was fortunate, since the SIth's sword was whistling past the spot where his head had been just a moment before. Alex took a slow breath as he rolled to the left and came back to his feet, and felt a stab of pain in his ribs. Bruised or broken, he wasn't sure which. Re-igniting his sabers, Alex pushed the pain out of his mind, and turned to the side slightly in order to present as small of a target as possible, his left hand saber held up in a ready position, blade tipped towards his opponent, his right hand one angled away in a backhand grip.

"When you decide to attack, keep calm and dash in quickly, forestalling the enemy...attack with a feeling of constantly crushing the enemy from first to last."

Those words of martial wisdom, which Alex had studied so long ago, came back to him now, in his hour of need.

Calling upon the Force to aid his speed, Alex rushed in, closing the gap between himself and his opponent, moving in tight 180 degree turns, attacking first with his left hand saber and quickly following up with the right, back and forth in a suddenly flurry of strikes.

"Pull a gun on me, will ya," Alex said as he advanced. "Big mistake!"

micah_mini_icon.png
Gear: Sith Academy Robe | Nan Quan | Lightsaber | Dagger | Wristlink
Engaging: [member="Jerek Zenduu"] [member="Anden Fancelo"] Sith nap time

UQE1ala.gif
[ as we fall ]

The Dark Side flowed through him.

Stonepower washed over him like a blue flame, magnifying the power radiating from out of the kitten's small form. A glyph in the ancient language of the Sith flickered up from the floor underneath him, as the swirling blue mist revealed the presence of the ethereal bubble of Force energies that surrounded the pair.

The great wave struck, it's impact echoing inside the bubble like in a rolling echo of thunder, as the sound of water rushing around them could be heard.

Then the wave had passed.

As the waters subsided, the bubble peeled back as the mist seemed to evaporate or melt away. The levitating youngling fell backward, falling back into the arms of the Sith Imperial officer that he'd been shielding. The boy's eyes fluttered open for a moment, though the child's gaze seemed distant. Unfocused.

The Cathar's body went limp as he passed into unconsciousness, his body dead weight in the arms of the man. There was a sound, though, as he was held. A low, trilling rumble as the kitten purred in his sleep.

As his body was held against the Sith officer's, the blue stone set into the crystal dagger that the boy carried sent a ripple out through the Force. A calling. A summoning. A beckoning promise of power.

Allies: Jedi, [member="Coren Starchaser"], [member="Amilthi Camlenn"], [member="Alexandra Feanor"]
Enemies: TSE, [member="Tabigarashu Madara"] (eventually engaging), [member="Darth Filiae"], [member="Jorryn Fordyce"]
Objective: It Belongs in a Museum!

With the coming of the flood, Oros' scribes had been swept away and the entire subterranean corridor was now fully submerged underwater. It was why they had come in waves, uncertain how radically the Empire had altered the library's layout and unwilling to risk the entire team getting caught up en masse in an ambush so many had taken alternate routes. He could only hope the others made it to higher ground, for his own part the moment he sensed onrushing waters the Celegian Jedi had reversed the antigrav settings on his life support tank, effectively sealing himself to the stone floor. There had been no time to offer his fellow librarians anything other than a psychic warning before they had been carried out of sight by the torrents.

Now that the waters around him had settled, he reactivated the thrusters on the reinforced glasteel casing which contained a life sustaining liquid cyanogen atmosphere. Type I atmospheres were toxic to his species, so while to many puttering along submerged labyrinthine corridors in what was now effectively a personal sized submersible would seem a peculiar turn of events, Oros took his current circumstances in stride. Recalling the last known specifications of the complex with Force enhanced memory, he plotted a route that would hopefully lead him to both higher ground and his objective...the Chamber of Antiquities. He was not here to fight, but rather as an expert scholar whose task was to verify there were no signs of corruption on any surviving Jedi relics they might come across.

Eventually the Jedi Master found a way to ascend, and above his supernatural form of extrasensory perception detected oxygen. A dripping transparent cylinder a little more than two meters in height rose out of the water from beyond an alcove, emerging into a corridor which was somewhere between ankle and waist high in humanoid parlance. Of all the things Chief Librarian Oros had expected of his surroundings, a small rodent perched on a leaflet like it was a lily pad was just about the farthest from his mind.

Hello there, little one. Are you in need of assistance? his thoughts sounded as melodious celestial chimes in the little critter's mind, conveying his intention in each species' native language. Cyanogen waves rippled as he vibrated in mild confusion, he could not even be sure he was addressing something sentient.

Equipment: Black Lotus (Lightsaber), Erin's Robes, Sith Amulet, Shadowclasp

Engaging: [member="Bekk Mag'ra"]
UQE1ala.gif
He was very good, this Jedi. Perhaps her words had been a mistake, with his only aim to protect himself she would now struggle to find a chink in his form.

Good bladework, better footwork.

Er'in took one moment to glance pointedly around her at the literal wave of destruction that flooded through the library.

"Ignoring for a moment ancient emenities and the Emperor's Law regarding possession of items aligned to Light..."

Her blade flashed forward as she spoke, now settled into the rhythm of power against power, Dark against Light, a quick half-step forward and a further twist out of line, moving to give her room to retreat if she needed it, but pressing her attack in a flurry of blows to keep her opponent defensive and talking.

Then the shockwave rained down from above, the rush of Dark Side energy leaving the area as the Emperor took one dark breath, draining away both hope and light from the Jedi attackers, followed by an answering burst of light from above.

Er'in staggered, her blade shifting out of line for a second, presenting a moment's weakness as she continued to talk, her voice on sardonic autopilot.

"... I find your statement quite unlikely given the circumstances which pertain, did you consider applying for a library card?"

Where did that come from, Er'in? This isn't a time for jokes.

The Emperor snarled, bestial and horrid.

Though the oxygen around him quickly depleted, it never once affected the flames coating his hands and forearms. Unlike conventional fire, which would've been extinguished by the lack of oxygen nearby, the fiery magicks of the Sith were powered by the Dark Side of the Force itself, perpetually fueled by his own internal energy. So even as the Emperor was forced to fall back on his control over his own breath and oxygen consumption to withstand Manu's attacks, his fire remained strong and vibrant.

With telekinetic lightsabers slashed and whirling through the air, the Emperor was free to put his hands into action. Skeletal hands outstretched as the fire coalesced into a solid whip, which then snapped in the air once before it shot forward in an attempt to wrap around Manu's left leg and yank him down on his back.

If successful, the Emperor would then put his entire strength into pulling on the taut whip and send Manu flying through the air into the nearest solid structure.

[member="Kaine Australis"] | [member="Manu Xextos"] | [member="Calder Icehammer"]
[member="Taeli Raaf"] | [member="Koda Fett"]

Live in Light, Surf Master
Allies: Jedi [member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Coren Starchaser"], [member="Calder Icehammer"] etc
Enemies: Sith [member="Darth Carnifex"] [member="Taeli Raaf"] [member="Koda Fett"]
Objective: Starve the Lungs of the Dark Lord

“Starve. Suffocate already! How much air do I have to expunge from your lungs before you pass the kriff out!” I bark into the wing seeping the air from Carnifex’s lungs. More. Negate the pressure. Take so much even his lungs cave in.

“Three seconds, you son of a feth-miner.” He’s getting closer.

The winds answer me, fixed in my place due to the damage in my left leg. I pour the planet’s atmosphere into it, the weather itself obeying its’ temporary Master. Lightsabers battle each other. Sith flames rush on, the Dark Emperor snarls. I double down on suffocating the air from Carnifex’s body, and therein lies my folly.

“Two.” A rope-cord of fire whips out. Snakes my useless left leg below the ruined knee. I land on my back with a scattered pain to my left shoulderblade and shattered left arm.

Carnifex’s flame whip does not send me flying. If my left leg weren’t so hideously injured, he would have flung my body into the cliff face behind him. A white smear on cold brown rock.

“ONE.” But my leg is far from whole. The tumble from the pyramid’s explosion ripped it to ribbons…

and the fury of the Dark Lord…

… rips my left leg off my body from the knee down. Flames cauterize the wound instantly, seared flesh puncturing my nostrils.

“NNNGGHHheaaAAAH!My scream of anguish blasts with a three-sixty wave of telekinesis, throwing into the Dark Lord in an instinctual desire to gain distance. My right heel digs into the Ossus earth, pushing feebly back from the Butcher King.

Ahani screams in Carnifex’s mind. Cracked open to the plight of his wife, who suffers her son’s injurious fates without context. Without knowledge of any kind as to why her new beloved is torturing her from afar. Writhing on the floor, her shattered leg on fire, the strange innocence of a trusting mind flails for its’ keeper.

The message clear. You kill me, you kill her, too. And the spawn you wanted inside her.

Objective: Get these damn Jedi off my lawn
Allies: TSE, Sithy people - [member="Romi Jade"]
Enemies: Jedi scum - [member="Coren Starchaser"] | [member="Rhane Varless"] | [member="Cotan Sar'andor"]

The blonde woman too went to close the distance between herself and the Jedi and for the moment Avacyn would regard her as an ally, until proven otherwise. Seeing they were still outnumbered the Sith lady had little choice but to rely on the assumption she could hold her own- the last thing this fight had to become was a three-on-one scenario. Hopefully the apparent familiarity between Starchaser and the woman would work in their favor. An unwillingness to kill took the edge off anyone, no matter how deadly their weapon was.

When Avacyn went to strike out against Starchaser, however, seemingly catching him off-guard, her own blade was interrupted by one of his compatriots. Her piercing gaze, the Dark side's corruption drowning out the natural green color of her eyes, shifted towards the man. "As you wish. Then you shall go first instead," her reply sounded, unimpressed by his words.

Her body turned towards her new target fully and she spoke one more time, "dead men don't need names." With that she went to strike out against him, sending out two swings alternating her lightsabers towards his chest area.

Objectives: 1v1 Cage Match vs Darth Avacyn, free popcorn
Allies: [member="Coren Starchaser"] [member="Rhane Varless"]
Frenemy: [member="Romi Jade"]
Enemy: [member="Kaalia Pavanos"]

Cotan raised an eyebrow at the Sith Lady's words, before she stepped forward to attack him. He quickly stepped backwards and to the right, voiding one of the blades entirely and parrying the other, a quick turn of his wrist sending it harmlessly around and away from him. "Well, I'm not sure if it's obvious, but I'm not dead," he pointed out, a small grin playing across his features. He resumed a quick ready stance, falling into the simple Jedi Ready position. "Besides, you'll need more than two lightsabers if you want to impress me."

With what was happening just off to the side, he made sure to keep some attention on what was going on with Coren, Rhane, and Romi. They were still fighting all in fairly close proximity, and Cotan didn't want to accidentally take a friendly lightsaber strike—or do such to his allies. That'd be a fairly poor showing. And, of course, further off he could sense [member="Darth Carnifex"] and the battle taking place there.

Admittedly, it'd be hard not to sense that man and his opponent—the amount of Force energy they were tossing about would probably blind a Miraluka. We've really got our work cut out for us today, don't we?

He gave a small, cheeky nod to Kaalia. "Please," he began. "Sith Ladies first."

IC: Darth Neoplix
Allies: sith soldiers
Enemies: Jedi strike team ( [member="Alex StormWolf"])
Objective: protect the sith library

Neoplix was rather surprised! His armor piercing pistol was designed specifically to puncture Jedi armor like wax paper, and yet this armor seemed to be impervious to his shots. however, he didn’t hesitate. As the Jedi fell to the ground, he closed the distance, so that as the Jedi rolled to his feet, Neoplix was already almost on top of him.

Neoplix tilted his head imperceptibly as he detected... a cybernetic arm? He grinned behind his full face helmet. This Jedi had lost before he had begun. As he began his spinning attack, Neoplix watched and waited, timing it perfectly. The left blade came in, and he raised his blade to meet it, pushing it back towards Alex with all his strength. Then, the second blade approached, he reached out, and the arm and he became one. It was the ancient ability of mechu-deru, merging with technology, and taking control of it. He willed it to open, deactivating the lightsaber and dropping it to the ground. His left hand came up to meet the incoming (now empty) hand, in an attempt to catch it, and hold the Jedi in place, one hand held in place and the other holding a blade locked with neoplix’s.

He leaned in, and growled menacingly, “you talk too much.” Then, he brought his knee up with the speed and force of a freight train, the spiked knee plate designed to punch through armor and impale enemies. This should, if he had calculated correctly, end the fight then and there. However, to be certain of his victory, he brought his knee up 2, 3, 4 times, each time to impale his enemy once more.

Inventory: Jedi Robes, Ul'onore & Al'Keyva.
Engaging: [member="Erin Tenel"].
jAuH3oz.png
Though he couldn't be certain of the source, someone elsewhere within the facility, loosed a monstrous amount of Dark-Side energy to roll across the pyramidal structure, encouraging those affected or caught off guard by it, to feel a similar sense of impact and dread as the flooding had wrought about the place only moments prior during Bekk Mag'ra's infiltration. It was enough to turn his stomach, though he had to strain in focus to catch the flurry of blows that [member="Erin Tenel"] continued to deliver despite her willingness to talk with him.

"I don't blame you..." he replied quickly, moving to parry her blade back with a strike that caused their lightsabers to more or less bounce away from one another, a light single-handed strike meant do deflect the aim of her strike, not to pursue or deliver one against she herself.

"...Though I can't help but find it ironic. The Sith steal from the Jedi, then create laws that forbid theft being committed against themselves..." His feet swept the floor as he moved to put distance between the two once more. The Sith Knight had stumbled, somehow equally put off by the immense flow of power having reached them from deeper within the facility. Whoever was responsible for such a force, was certainly one Bekk hoped to avoid, for what he sensed, seemed like they were in another league entirely.

"Honestly, I don't visit places like this often enough to justify a membership..." Bekk mused, finding the brief comment Erin had offered him to be somewhat light-hearted and gave him some small hope that the woman wasn't all bad; "It's more a Consular thing, I just like the pictures" the Jedi Knight then did something entirely unusual given their circumstance, Bekk offered a brief smile to Erin. Humor during times of tension had always been a trait of his, a way of breaking the ice or trying to rid himself of awkward feelings.
[member="Romi Jade"] | [member="Coren Starchaser"] | [member="Micah"] | [member="Koda Fett"] | [member="Jerek Zenduu"] | [member="Manu Xextos"] | [member="Kaine Australis"] | [member="Cassius Droma"] | [member="Rick Kaloo"] | [member="Darth Carnifex"] | [member="Darth Filiae"] | [member="Ailuros"] | [member="Amilthi Camlenn"] | [member="Fane Magnus"] | [member="Calder Icehammer"]

Objective: Remove Romi
Allies: Jedi, [member="Rhane Varless"], [member="Cotan Sar'andor"]
Enemies: Sith, Romi, [member="Kaalia Pavanos"]

He needed to focus up. The fact that Mishel had grabbed at him, and there was an insane amount of Force power being used off on the library, had Coren distracted. If he hadn’t been joined by one of his brothers-in-arms, of Cotan, he knew he’d have taken a hit. It was almost a jarring drag to reality as he looked over at the other, the one who was close enough to a Jedi for Coren’s dichotomy, before re-tightening his grip on the lightsaber pike. His back foot anchoring him, he spun the pike so that he could hold it in a vertical fashion, choking up on it to give him the range he needed.

The Force was with him, but he waited for an opening, stepping around the conflict of Rhane and Romi, blue saber blade humming with its power. As she parried Rhane’s sabers away, Coren’s eyes focused on her, shoulders, hips, legs, where was she going to step next as she came barreling at him. He was not falling into his battlemind mind-set. Not yet. This wasn’t [member="Darth Carnifex"] or [member="Taeli Raaf"], to Coren?

This was still [member="Romi Jade"].

As she came at him, he would step back, extinguishing his blade. Moving the songsteel pike’s hilt, he would hit hard at her scarlet blade, and with the momentum, he’d swing the blunt, cold steel of his hilt at her midsection, intent on pulling the wind from her lungs.

“I said, stand down.” He set, stressing the last word, but his voice even, balanced. He would spin the pike so he had the, essentially songsteel hilt, closer to him, ready for another defense.

Equipment: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/137216-knights-of-the-new-republic/ See also Wookieepedia entry concerning Phrik http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Phrik/Legends
Allies: Jedi Strike Team
Enemies: Sith. Engaging[member="Neoplix"]
Objective: Survival

Alex briefly glanced at his right hand, shocked as it suddenly responded against his will, dropping his lightsaber, which de-activated as it hit the ground. Mechu-Deru! It was a flaw in his right arm that he had never considered; one that would have to be rectified, should he survive his present encounter. Alex's left hand saber remained locked against Neoplix's sword, while his now empty right hand was grabbed and immobilized, Neoplix's hand gripping around his wrist.

"You talk too much."

Suddenly, Alex was kneed four times in rapid succession, each strike lifting him off the ground. His already injured ribs sent jolts of of pain through him. Alex knew what the Sith was intending to do, but he also knew something about his armor that Neoplix did not. Phrik alloys were extremely durable. It was going to take more than a simple knee to the chest to kill him, even if said knee had a spike. Alex gritted his teeth, ignoring the pain racking through his ribs.

"That the best you got? Really? The fact that my armor already shrugged off three rounds from your gun should have been a big hint," Alex gasped, while pushing back against Neoplix's sword with his left hand lightsaber. "Well...whatever. Now it's my turn!"

Alex braced his left leg and maintained his lock against Neoplix's sword with his left hand lightsaber. With his right leg, Alex kicked the area under Neoplix's left arm where it met his shoulder, the tip of his boot landing dead center in the Sith's armpit. 2,3,4 more times, Alex repeated the maneuver. He then did something completely unexpected. Instead of pulling away, to try and break Neoplix's grip on his wrist, Alex shoved his right arm towards Neoplix and then dropped his arm sharply down, drawing his right arm back as the Sith's grip was broken. Alex flexed his right hand, drawing his sidearm, an SI-17 Stealth Blaster (http://starwarsrp.net/topic/62485-si-17-stealth-blaster/) from its holster on his right leg with a Force Pull, leveling the front sight on Neoplix's head as he fired two quick shots.

Equipment: Slowly-drying Jedi Padawan robes, Lightsaber, Hololink
Engaging: [member="Anden Fancelo"], [member="Micah"]
Objective: Stop! Thief!

FJp1uVB.png

"Hey!"

The sound escaped his lips before Jerek was even aware what had transpired to cause it. His mind quickly caught up to the chain of events that had caused the exclamation and the sudden burst of speed he found himself employing in that moment. When the protective bubble around Micah had collapsed, he had seen the Cathar limply fall into the arms of the other occupant of the bubble. An Imperial somebody, who cradled the small boy, and then turned to make off with him.

The Imperial was stealing his prize!

As he leapt through the air, the Force propelling him faster and farther than he would normally have been able to achieve, the boy considered just why he cared so much. This Imperial was going to take care of Micah, freeing the obstruction he had seen the Sith acolyte as in the first place. It wasn't his problem now, was it? Shouldn't he just let the Imperial make off with the Cathar and call it a day? Shouldn't he just trust in the Jedi way, to live and let live, especially those who weren't bothering him?

Except, the circumstances had changed. The ruined library now meant a loss of the data and histories the Jedi, that Jerek in particular, had come to save. And if Micah had truly read these books as he so claimed, then he was a perfect prize to come away with today, ensuring that the adventure had not all been for nothing.

In truth, any of the Sith here today were good prizes, but Micah was easily accessible to him.

Landing on the other side of the Imperial carrying Micah, between them and the now-permanently-open doors of the library, intending to cut them off. He found his lightsaber already in his hand, he must have unhooked it in mid-flight, acting impulsively in a manner he wasn't accustomed to. Still, this was no time to analyze anything, Jerek was in the thick of it now, so the only thing to do was press on.

Jerek pressed on, and the vibrant green blade of his lightsaber came to life, glowing brightly in the dimmer light of the flooded library hall.

"Stop!" The teen commanded, brandishing his lightsaber before the Imperial, close enough now to hear the rumbling purr coming from the Cathar boy. His eyes washed over the sleeping Sith, unaware of the presence of the dagger nestled upon the boy's person. Nor its power of temptation. Instead, he looked straight into the Imperial's face, making eye contact in the way he had been instructed. Reaching out with the Force, and his own will, he pushed its influence towards the man's mind with his words, hoping they would be perceived as the man's own. "You want to put him down. If you do that, nobody gets hurt."

5aa9da6697.gif

ALLIES: [member="Darth Carnifex"] - Taeli Raaf
ADVERSARIES: [member="Kaine Australis"] - [member="Manu Xextos"] - [member="Calder Icehammer"]

Helpless against a nature he could not begin to fathom, nor even hope to control. The Force eluded Fett-- vulnerable and weak as were the mechanics of his jetpack. They continued to unwind, disconnect, and the Bounty Hunter hadn't the slightest of clues until it were far too late do resolve such a problematic issue. He was certainly ready to fall, but perhaps not to his death. Koda couldn't aptly describe that particular feeling, but a sense of weightlessness and an uncomfortable lack of control were absolutely dead ringers; his tense expression, for all he could muster through this fall, had been plainly visible beneath the T-Visor he'd rather be caught dead without.

He crashed against the pyramid as a metallic clunk had become rather apparent. His form bounced from the impact, and his sudden descent that had become momentarily slowed began once more. His Carbine remained attached through the sling alone, rattling alongside him, destined to share a similar if not identical fate. Fett slammed his crushgaunt adorned hand against the surface, indenting slightly in a feeble attempt to grasp onto anything at all. He could managed to stare outwards as he descended feet first with his back to the building. Least if he died, he might have a pleasant view.

Yet, it were his mag-locked boots that tended to save him, eventually. Cementing his placement against the surface, and halting entirely. His jetpack, meanwhile, erupted in a violent explosion far below; the missile it contained no doubt being to blame.

Objective: Destroy
Allies: [member="Darth Carnifex"] [member="Koda Fett"] [member="Romi Jade"] [member="Kaalia Pavanos"]
Enemies: [member="Manu Xextos"] [member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Coren Starchaser"] [member="Rhane Varless"]

Equipment: In signature

She had waited patiently for the bear to respond or engage her, but he seemed content to stand there while the chaos of the battle around them from the Emperor and his opponent, and Australis and Fett fighting. And then, in true grandiose fashion, the room exploded from a powerful Force energy backlash from the Emperor and his opponent. She covered herself in a shield to protect herself, but the room was not so lucky. As the debris and energy dissipated, she could see the Emperor and his opponent fighting on the pyramid and then into the air while the two armored men continued their fight.

But she was focused on another thing she was feeling, reverberating along the threads of her spells. The young Jedi woman she had awoken to the dark side was being engaged by two presence in the Force, one of them she didn't know, but the other was Coren. She also could see the water still on the ground from some errant nerfherder who had decided to flood the library. When she found out who did that... there would not be a safe place in the entire galaxy.

But, investments needed protecting first.

Drawing on the residual energies from the explosion, Taeli began casting a new spell.

"Jina'tis nuri tutki, Jina'tis nuri andijki. Rokatsa zanmi, dia tadti' uynsutu Titjir!" she intoned. From the shadow of the young Jedi Romi, a dark shape would rise up, a powerful shade given physical form by the power of Taeli's magic. It would protect Romi from harm, and obey her commands, for it was in a symbiosis with the young woman. An arm would grab the extended hilt of the lightsaber, burning yellow eyes looking down malevolently on the Jedi who might cause the woman harm.

Taeli couldn't do more from her current position, but that was fine. She had another irritation to deal with, and she started to make her way to where the former Warmaster was. He had a lesson in manners coming his way.

The earth was torn asunder, great mounds of it bubbling up around the Emperor's legs as his feet dug into the ground to slow his backward momentum from toppling himself over. Pulling himself forward, the Emperor watched as he recalled the flame-whip back to his hand. Fingers now grasped the severed leg of Manu Xextos, steaming blood seeping from the grievous wound. With extreme callousness, the Emperor tightened his grip and pulped both flesh, muscle, and bone in a dazzling eruption of gore as the severed leg was snapped in two by his strength.

Tossing the grotesque remnants aside, the Emperor slowly approached the injured Jedi.

"All that struggling and all you managed to do was lose a leg. Oh, how pitiful your mother must think of you now." He could sense his new wife's anguish through the Force after he brutalized her son, no doubt the cause of a distinct connection between the two of them. That complicated things, he couldn't just outright murder Manu without destroying Ahani in the process. "I will bring you to her as a gift, wrapped up in a bow."

He reached out with the Force, attempting to bind up Manu in an entanglement of Dark Side webbing. The lattice would sap his strength and resolve should it successfully ensnare him, dragging him down to the ground and immobilizing him.

[member="Kaine Australis"] | [member="Manu Xextos"] | [member="Calder Icehammer"]
[member="Taeli Raaf"] | [member="Koda Fett"]

Alexandra Feanor

The Lady in Silver/Grey Historian
Target: [member="Darth Carnifex"]
Local Individuals: [member="Taeli Raaf"], [member="Koda Fett"], [member="Kaine Australis"], [member="Manu Xextos"], [member="Calder Icehammer"]

Alexandra was going to follow [member="Amilthi Camlenn"], seeing the doors close and just having grabbed up the items from the ground but something made her halt in her place as she looked upwards and seemed to peer through the ceiling. It caused pause in her actions and she sighed, lowering her eyes back down to her bag and opening it, discarding the items into it before withdrawing a few. The doors that had been open shut and she saw no one in the halls, with [member="Oros"] and the creature with him still too far to see her for now. She took the time to let the illusions fall, her hair turning a deep red and eyes glowing gold as she removed the hood from the clothing she wore. Out came a blade that she placed on her waist, a rod latched to the small of her back and her sabers returned to an operational state.

Another breath in and she drew the force to her, drawing on everything she could as she stood there, focusing on the point she stood on. Her eyes still as they remained closed for now, the bag at her feet picked up and discarded quickly enough as she no longer needed the items in there. Her hands remained at her side and only moved when she worked at the air, disrupting and molding it as the space there shifted. She had to focus everything she had, as while the distance was not far, the force was muddled down in the depths of the Sith Temple. She was at a disadvantage within, but that would not continue for long.

Her foot moved, stepping forward and she pushed through that break in space, opening her eyes as the fresh air pushed on her body and she came forward into the world once more. Her eyes quickly taking in the situation as she looked past the backs of Taeli and Darth Carnifex, seeing [member="Coren Starchaser"] not far and grinning as she spoke up, having appeared near Darth Carnifex in particular. Her sabers remained in the sleeves of her tunic, the silver fabric now showing.

"Hmm... I missed a party... Hey Zambrano, mind if I take that... not normally my type, being that hes not quite as tall anymore, but he seems interesting?" She looked at the man who had been her emperor at one point with a soft smile.

Whatever he did in response would be likely to attack her with the floating sabers, so she was already drawing the force in like a glutton, eating it up like her life depended on it. Which in all honesty, it very well could if she was not careful considering the group of individuals here and she had wasted a decent amount of power even getting up to this place.

Objective: Destroy the Abomination
Friends: [member="Coren Starchaser"] [member="Manu Xextos"]
Enemies: [member="Romi Jade"] [member="Taeli Raaf"] [member="Darth Carnifex"]

[member="Romi Jade"] broke away from Rhane, engaging Coren next. She was much stronger, both mentally and physically, than he had expected. The dark side granted her unnatural energy. His expression grew solemn. He barely had any time to recover from the sudden departure of his opponent when words of powerful incantation were spoken and a dark side entity arose from the girl's shadow. Rhane connected his sabers back together and, giving no time to his opponent, launched at the abomination. The two briefly struck and parried each other's blows before locking sabers, Rhane's blades in an ''X'' formation and the incantation's bearing down at the center of his defensive position. ''Just as planned'' Rhane thought.

In the blink of an eye he reached into his utility belt and retrieved his Defender of the Light, a powerful lightside dagger with the ability to attack dark side spirits. He repeatedly stabbed the creature in it's torso and head without reprieve.

After the attack, wether the beast was down or not. His eyes snapped to Coren, he felt a great disturbance in The Force. His former dueling partner was in excruciating pain, almost unbearable. Rhane nodded and scurried off into the recesses of the library to aid his partner.

---
Rhane bounded across the library, following the force signature of Manu. He followed and followed until exiting the building. Across the terrain he saw Carnifex attempting to restrain a severely injured Manu. Rhane yelled out, his voice amplified by Force Bellow in a tight cone around Carnifex.

''Is this how low the King of the Sith has stooped? Restraining an injured Jedi? I suppose it is true to fear is virtue that leads to the darkside.'' Rhane smiled and shrugged off his cloak, simultaneously revealing his Jedi Healer Robes and activating both of his double bladed sabers. Hoping to distract Carnifex, Rhane reached out to Manu and eased his pain using Force Healing. He pressed down a button on his comms unit that broadcast a message to all the Jedi.

''Jedi down. Prepare to leave. Take what you can.''

He stared down Carnifex, ready for a final duel.

Live in Light, Surf Master
Allies: Jedi [member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Coren Starchaser"] [member="Calder Icehammer"] [member="Rhane Varless"] [member="Alexandra Feanor"] etc
Enemies: Sith [member="Darth Carnifex"] [member="Taeli Raaf"] [member="Koda Fett"]
Objective: Survive

A scream opens from my throat, the constant gurgling of a man whose pulsing limb shook in Carnifex’s hand. Every instinct I have is shouting to keep my eyes open. To find a breath to fill my hyperventilating lungs.

“Mom hates ribbons, you boob! You don’t even know!” The demon is talking to me. Mentioning something about a bow and my mother.

Remember back, Manu. To a time when pain was worse than this. I tug at the memory, burrow into it with the dwindling presence of mind to focus on Controlling my Pain. Breath filters easier. The relief gives me clarity. Carnifex’s fire might have cauterized the wound, but it doesn’t preclude me to needing serious medical aide.

I dig my right heel in and push to get a pathetic amount of distance. My lightsabers veer away from Carnifex’s, Borghan clipping to my belt, Nuada in my right hand unignited. Space twists behind the Dark Lord. Alexandra Feanor makes a quippy comment.

Then Rhane Bellows. I roll onto my right side and cover my ears. Focus on controlling the pain, gaining distance by inches. The left side of my body is broken or amputated. Rhane’s Force healing takes off some edge from the shattered arm, broken rib cage. I can breathe and that means I can survive. It’s a boon. I attempt to craft a shield, but the immense control I have of my pain is making my mind fuzzy.

“Time to go.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom