Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Long Overdue (Jedi Skirmishing Sith Empire's Ossus Library!)

Allies: Jedi
Enemies: Sith
Objective: Retrieve Jedi/Sith holocrons
Near: [member="Fane Magnus"] | [member="Redmond Geller"]

In the darkness of the catacombs, Cassius crept along a corridor. The sounds of battle echoed above him. Hopefully, no one would do anything foolish and collapse the building or anything of the sort. Kneeling down briefly, Cassius retrieved his datapad. Flicking it on, a three-dimensional holographic image of the catacombs appeared, casting an eerie blue-green light onto the young Jedi’s face. He’d only just entered, and already he was a little turned around. He tried to retrace his steps by first finding the entrance, and remembering where each turn brought him. Ah, there he was. It looked like there was a small chamber not far from where he was. From the location, it didn’t look terribly important, but he couldn’t be entirely sure.

His ears perked up as he heard the sounds of nearby people. Pressing himself up against a corner wall, he heard and felt the presence of multiple people pass by down the hallway. From the boot-pounding and plastic-sounding shuffling, it was no doubt a team of guards sweeping the area. Now that the jig was up, the Sith would definitely have to make sure no one had slipped through the cracks like Cassius did.

The chamber was in the opposite direction. Waiting for the guards to pass, Cassius deactivated his datapad and started to move, using the Force to make himself as silent and as unnoticeable as possible. Just as he was making good headway, he got the communication that the catacombs were to soon be flooded. His brows knitted together. So soon? He hadn’t even begun a proper search yet. Who knows what kind of damage that could cause to the relics down here?

Just then, a feeling of danger in the Force swept over him. The sound of rushing water filled his ears. Looking behind him, he could see the torrent of water start to coming around a corner. He began to sprint down the hallway, trying to get to the chamber before the water got to him. Using the Force, he pulled down a small column to try and stop the water, but it wasn’t enough. The water swept him up, pushing him down the hallway. He held his breath as he tumbled, putting a small field around him so he could bump harmlessly off of walls and objects.

Finally, he burst into a large chamber, the water leveling out and releasing Cassius. Rolling over, he managed to pick himself up, spitting out a mouthful of water. He coughed a little, but other than being completely soaked, he was fine. Luckily, his lightsaber and datapad were waterproof.

Now, where exactly had he ended up?

Objective: Destroy every single defiler of knowledge
Allies: [member="Darth Carnifex"] and other Sith
Enemies: [member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Manu Xextos"] [member="Calder Icehammer"]

Equipment: In signature

A disruptor bolt came ripping towards her from the Mandalorian, forcing her to move away and watch the window explode in a shower of glass to rain down to the far ground below. The ice spread across the room, separating herself and the... giant white ursine Jedi? from the Emperor and Australis. How in the bloody... she was so confused how someone, even a bear, could run up the side of the pyramid so quickly since Australis had a jetpack and all, but oh well. Another presence had joined in, and even before she had a chance to open her mouth to respond to the bear's offer to surrender in her usual manner, two lightsabers, one red and one blue, came swinging in at her.

A snap-hiss and a crimson saber caught the two attacks against her, a frown crossing her face as she pushed them back just enough for her to move again, circling away to give her some space before the fight continued. Through the ice, she could see the Emperor and Australis doing battle.

"That was rude," she said. "If he asked me a question," she gestured at the Jedi bear master, "it is only polite to allow me the time to reply."

In fact, this entire attack was really really really irritating for Taeli. How dare the Jedi attack a library! The complete and utter nerve of them. The knowledge that could be destroyed because it would seem the Jedi and their allies still had not learned how to do a proper stealth mission.

"To answer you, Jedi, no I won't surrender. But I give you a similar offer, leave this library now."

Objective: Get these damn Jedi off my lawn
Allies: TSE, Sithy people - [member="Romi Jade"]
Enemies: Jedi scum - [member="Coren Starchaser"] | [member="Rhane Varless"] | [member="Cotan Sar'andor"]

An attack on the Ossus library by the Jedi and their allies.

It was an alarm that would've taken anyone by surprise, but they somehow had found the courage to pierce into Sith Empire territory in an attempt to strike where it would hurt. The message would also reach Darth Avacyn, who at that time was on the planet of Dromund Kaas, and without a second of delay she had laid down the work she was doing and ordered her ship to be prepared for immediate takeoff. Mere minutes later she was in hyperspace en route to Ossus, clad in her armor and her lightsabers hanging from her hips. The crystals inside fed off the building rage within the woman but it remained carefully contained in the moment, as she quietly awaited her arrival. They had dared to try to wound the empire, her home- and with that the home of her family. That was simply unacceptable.

They all had to die.

Among one of the shuttles that touched down near the library was the one that brought Avacyn to the planet's surface. The moment it touched down she felt the clashing of Light and Dark clearly in the Force, but one particular place was not only close by, the Light was beginning to eclipse the Dark through numbers. Her target was now clear and when the boarding ramp lowered the Force was channeled to manipulate the very air around her, commanding it to bring her there. It was a place outside the library and when she laid her eyes upon the scene, two faces were quickly recognized. She had crossed Starchaser during the attack on Dubrillion and once again the Jedi had found himself catching the ire of the Sith, but the woman she recognized was one who was supposed to be on the same side as him. Yet instead, the Dark side surrounded her in the Force like the Jedi did in the physical realm. Any enemy of the Jedi at this juncture was considered an ally, though.

With a leap supplemented by wind shaping, the Sith Lady closed the distance that was still left to close, her lightsabers in hand, ignited to reveal two dark red blades. There was not enough time left for her to stop the stasis blast sent out towards the blonde woman, so instead of doing so she simply hoped its target could react in time and decided to look to eliminate the greatest threat instead. The built-up rage was unleashed and with a ferocious roar Avacyn dashed up towards Coren and struck out with the saber in her left, aimed at his midsection.

5aa9da6697.gif
ALLIES: [member="Darth Carnifex"] - [member="Taeli Raaf"]
ADVERSARIES: [member="Kaine Australis"] - [member="Manu Xextos"] - [member="Calder Icehammer"]

It never seemed to matter how many times the Mandalorian could consider the dull affairs of the Jedi and Sith meaninglessly uninteresting; he had always been drawn right in, caught amidst the raging storm of light and dark as their coloured blades clashed and mystical powers struggled to overpower an another whilst Fett remained encased in thick armour with a blaster held firmly in his grip. It was an ever changing galaxy, and the need to adapt arose. Fett thrived on his lethality, and there was no doubt about it.

His wanderings seemed relatively aimless, but these sounds of conflict had drawn increasingly near. He could feel these thunderous cracks reverberate through the flooring, but he kept his footing and calm disposition despite the evident deadliness. The Bounty Hunter peered through a doorway that caused his brow to loft with passive suspicion, or surprise to some degree. Australis had, truly, been among the last individuals he could expect to find- but here he was, attempting to slay the Dark Lord of the Sith.

"Hmph."

Fett had taken a step through the shattered remnants and raised a wrist, launching a whipcord with the intention of ensnaring the opposing Mandalorian's legs before yanking him from his feet.

Objective: Locate Jedi Holocrons, attempt to locate certain Sith Artifacts pertaining to The Order Of The Black Hssiss
Allies: The Jedi
Enemies: The Sith. Engaging [member="Neoplix"]

Alex hadn't expected to engage the enemy so early into his foray into the Library. He stopped short as a figure approached him, demanding to see his identification and authorization code. Alex craned his neck up as a shadow suddenly loomed over him. Whoever this was, they towered over Alex's 5 foot 11 inches.

There was simply no bluffing his way out of this one. Alex responded to the demand for identification by shrugging off his black robes, revealing the emblem of the Republic Sentinel Knights on his armor and helmet, as he ignited his two lightsabers. The two orange blades sprung to life as Alex centered himself in the Force, thinking back to the long hours spent studying both the Jar'Kai and Niman lightsaber forms emphasis on the use of dual blades. Shifting his weight equally on his feet, Alex held his left hand blade angled slightly towards his opponent, while flipping his righthand saber into a reverse grip with the blade angled away.

"Please, call me Alex. 'You There' just sounds so impersonal."

Objective: Locate Jedi Holocrons, attempt to locate certain Sith Artifacts pertaining to The Order Of The Black Hssiss
Allies: The Jedi
Enemies: The Sith. Engaging [member="Neoplix"]

Alex hadn't expected to engage the enemy so early into his foray into the Library. He stopped short as a figure approached him, demanding to see his identification and authorization code. Alex craned his neck up as a shadow suddenly loomed over him. Whoever this was, they towered over Alex's 5 foot 11 inches.

There was simply no bluffing his way out of this one. Alex responded to the demand for identification by shrugging off his black robes, revealing the emblem of the Republic Sentinel Knights on his armor and helmet, as he ignited his two lightsabers. The two orange blades sprung to life as Alex centered himself in the Force, thinking back to the long hours spent studying both the Jar'Kai and Niman lightsaber forms emphasis on the use of dual blades. Shifting his weight equally on his feet, Alex held his left hand blade angled slightly towards his opponent, while flipping his righthand saber into a reverse grip with the blade angled away.

"Please, call me Alex. 'You There' just sounds so impersonal."

Live in Light, Surf Master
Allies: Jedi [member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Coren Starchaser"], [member="Calder Icehammer"] etc
Enemies: Sith [member="Darth Carnifex"] [member="Taeli Raaf"] [member="Koda Fett"]
Objective: Keep Kaine Australis Alive

The Dark Lord may have grown since he was Darth Vornskyr of Panatha, but he did not have exclusivity on growth. Energy thrown becomes fuel for his Sith magics.

Awesome. At least this office-place-thing is getting even more crowded. Before Carnifex’s resurgent blows fall upon Australis and myself, I expand around us a shimmering barrier. The energies Carnifex flung ping off, toward the others in the room. Behind us, a ‘pwing’ sound. The Mandalorian’s whipcord pinging harmlessly off the barrier around my student Australis and I.

“Eugh. It was bad enough watching that trainwreck eight hundred years ago, I don’t want to repeat it.” My mom and this guy? I knew [member="Ahani Najwa"] was insane, but this is certifiable. I grit my teeth and try not to imagine the unsightly space cooties my medics will have to cleanse her from, once I rescue my mind-warped mother.

Or more likely, rescue the Sith from her.

Long distance attacks aren’t going to elicit the correct response from this unwieldy giant. Gosh I thought I was tall. Nnnnnnope!

What’s an Echani to do in a room full of bad ideas, with a fellow warrior by his side? Glow up the lightsabers and attack Carnifex’s left side, with my right, red-bladed saber. Borghan, my crimson qixoni crystal saber is of obvious Sith design, an heirloom from the time of chaos immediately after Palpatine’s death. It sings the hymn of destruction, a strange companion for a Master Healer. In my left, Nuada with its’ silver white beam bears the crystal of a hive queen’s healing mind. A precious attonement for the violence of Borghan.

In my jar’kai, two-sabered combat stance, Nuada defends, while Borghan attacks. Snaps at Carnifex’s left side. Enough opening for Kaine to surge in. Pity I have to let down our barrier to do it.

‘Kaine, when I tell you, no questions. Bail. Hard, out the window.’

Beams of brilliant sunfire snapped into existence, catching the blades of his enemies before they could touch his flesh. The three of them were locked together in a struggle physical might and will, energy crackling and sparking from the meeting of their fury.

"Take solace in the fact that soon you will know nothing at all."

Breaking the saberlocks with both adversaries, the Dark Lord of the Sith surged forward with a gust of energy that exuded out from his core. It buffeted everything not bolted down in the room as if a mighty gale had swept over them, a prelude to the true ferocity of the Sith Emperor as he engaged both. In this close quarters manner of fighting, Carnifex could focus his energy on empowering the speed at which his arms moved and how quickly his mind reacted to his foes.

The floor was rent with canyons of smoldering metal as his weapons carved deep fissures with each strike, every movement carrying the weight and power of a killing blow; for the Emperor sought nothing less than full lethality in this engagement.

He was a storm, a maelstrom of the Dark Side of the Force further empowered by the hatred and suffering that welled up from the twisted soil of Ossus; blasted by the scars of war and struggle.

[member="Kaine Australis"] | [member="Manu Xextos"] | [member="Calder Icehammer"]
[member="Taeli Raaf"] | [member="Koda Fett"]

Mishel Kryze

M
Ossus

Hall of Knowledge

"Chit, chit, chit," Mishel cursed as she turned around and sent a small force wave to push the droids back. As she turned around to face forward the Jedi noticed something, rather felt it first - water. Water from the Hall of Knowledge had begun to pour into the ventilation system. She studied the water a moment and took the opportunity to shoot it down the shaft and take care of the droids. Last she recalled Ossus wasn't exactly known for its water. She also doubted that the Sith would flood their own place, or pay for cheap plumbing. And as she crawled through the water looking for the point of entry she concluded; Jedi. Not her kind, not that the Sith would care which Jedi Order was responsible. Whoever ran in without a plan, and without proper back up was what she liked to call an ID-10-T error. Learned that from the Selonian when they were working on the Princess Leia.

Not that Mishel was much for planning.

She found the vent in which the water had originated. Her jaw tightened as her hands went to the cut portions of the vent's face. A small push, and then a bigger one. The momentum of the water was gaining she had a small window of opportunity. Looking at either end of the vent's cut Mishel began to push and pull on it, working the metal to the point where she could pull or push it open. Taking a deep breath she pushed off her feet and into the Hall of Knowledge, reaching the surface Mishel looked around her. There were a few others here, whether they were Jedi or not remained to be seen.

Let go of your fears, and let the Force guide you.

Right.

Mishel had to get rid of this water, and fast. Otherwise they were all done for, Sith and Jedi alike.

Focus, find introspection - center yourself, young one. You have the potential to do this, you need only to focus your ability.

Jedi Master Ammee's words rang in her mind as she waded through the water coming up to a table to stand on while looking for a more solid point to stand on. Her clothes were heavy, wet - and they clung in an ugly manner to her body. It was time to bring to mind the old Kro Varian teachings, and blend it with the Jedi discipline. One day, she'd have to find and thank sister Kaalia for the assistance. Until then, the Tygaran having managed to find something stable to stand on for the time being. Began to concentrate and focus, water could be made solid and turned to ice, it could also be made into a gas, a vapor. Mishel possessed the ability to throw fire, but now she had to go one step beyond and that was to find an introspection with fire.

She knelt down, knees dipped back into the water as it moved to envelop her. Mishel closed her eyes and meditated, she meditated on fire conjuring a single ball of fire in mid air. It glowed with warmth and radiated with heat, heat that Mishel needed if she wished to accomplish what she needed to do. It would require a tremendous amount of energy and concentration. As fearful as she was to open herself up to the dark side, she needed to face that fear head on. The ball of fire grew as she concentrated focusing on the heat within it, meditating on the heat sources within the library.

Find your fear, name it and then it shall be banished. For if you name your fear, you can fight it - send it away into the ether. Remember that fear is the path to the darkside. Something I'm sure you're acquainted with and since you are acquainted with it, you can fight it. Remember that you are in control, Mishel.

She let Ammee's words be the echo in her mind as she focused, concentrated - her goal was to generate enough heat in which to evaporate the water. She could deal with the Sith later, for now, she had to focus on saving those who had no idea what had been unleashed upon them. Mishel called upon her master [member="Coren Starchaser"], she called upon [member="Romi Jade"] another of her masters, she called upon the energy of [member="Marakai Al'Orren"], and opened herself to those willing to lend their energies. Both light and dark, having a shard of the dark side within her would mean she could channel a small portion of those energies just as well. Careful not to give into the dark side itself, but towing that line would certainly test how far she'd come since having left the Knights of Ren, two years ago.

[member="Darth Carnifex"] | [member="Taeli Raaf"] | [member="Kaalia Pavanos"]

Equipment: Black Lotus (Lightsaber), Erin's Robes, Sith Amulet, Shadowclasp

Engaging: [member="Bekk Mag'ra"]
Near: @Jerek Zenduu @Micah [member="Mishel Noren"]
UQE1ala.gif
Er'in watched in disbelief as the water ruined texts that had taken thousands of hours to collate, even electronic formats were not immune to the insidous touch, viewers and dataports sparking and failing.

She somewhat failed to notice the wash of water as it rolled over her, flicking it off with a casual gesture and a wave of force.

Her eyes hardened - if the Jedi had come to steal the knowledge, that would have been one thing, but to come to destroy it?

That was completely another matter.

This was unacceptable. She needed this place and places like it. They all did.

She could feel the presence in front of her, a glittering flicker of light in the sea of darkness. There were other lights, to be sure, but this one had chosen to come her way. That was... a pity.

Ten seconds ago she had been willing to at least try and talk.

The world began to go a shade of red that was neither anger, nor hate as she drew upon the Force to enhance her vision, banishing her nightblindness and the faint terror that went with it. Then she stepped out of the shadows to interpose herself in front of the figure, light finally filling the darkened and wrecked chambers as her blade snapped into existence with a hiss of evaporating moisture and a burst of steam.

There were no words of introduction as she stepped out in front of [member="Bekk Mag'ra"], only a single spin of her lightsaber, then a duellists salute, Makashi-style before she leapt across the open space between them in a catlike lunge powered by wroth and distain.

Inventory: Jedi Robes, Ul'onore & Al'Keyva.
Engaging: [member="Erin Tenel"].
jAuH3oz.png
The following moments passed too quickly for the Zabrak to be able to speak a word of caution to the presence of the Sith Knight whom placed herself between Bekk and the hope of acquiring any salvageable artifacts or Knowledge from the vast facility; He hadn't undertaken this assignment for any notion of anger, resentment or vengeance against the Sith Empire, that wasn't his way of living in the light of the Order, yet he quickly noted that conflict was unavoidable with the ignition of [member="Erin Tenel"]'s Lightsaber.

A vibrant snap-hiss expelled cyan energy from the Ul'onore, Bekk triggering his own blade into ignition and taking a swift yet single step back, his boots sliding against the smooth floor with an audible sweep. Despite the two weapons being drawn, there remained little light around them for the Zabrak to be certain of the Sith's form, thus he took up that of Soresu. Not only was it a form he practiced most, but it was the best defensive option for the situation still holding many unknown factors. How does his opponent fight, how quick are they? Her body language would be as equally important to read as that of her blade, should he wish to find an advantage worthy enough to exploit and hopefully disarm and dissuade her.

The Sith Knight surged forward on the attack, her blade being thrust out in a lunge, she showing both grace and speed in her movements...-Overshadowed by the presence of the Dark Side of the Force. The Sith were not like most typical threats a Jedi would find in the Galaxy and this was not a position he could afford to be caught off guard in. Gripping the hilt firmly in both hands, Bekk side stepped the lunge and sought to parry the strike, encouraging the Knight's blade to be pushed out and away from him as much as possible.

Form III was not an agile nor fast paced form of combat, instead it relied on preserving one's stamina as much as possible while one's opponent worked to tire themselves. Only then would Bekk be required to move quickly for the finishing glance.

The tension was strong between them, the battle for their lives had taken flight, yet the light flowed through him and his opponent would likely be able to sense his reserve and patience, his focus upon her actions, as if gauging and trying to better read her.

[member="Romi Jade"] [member="Coren Starchaser"] [member="Micah"] [member="Koda Fett"] [member="Jerek Zenduu"] [member="Manu Xextos"] [member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Cassius Droma"] [member="Rick Kaloo"] [member="Darth Carnifex"] [member="Darth Filiae"] [member="Ailuros"] [member="Amilthi Camlenn"] [member="Fane Magnus"] [member="Calder Icehammer"]

micah_mini_icon.png
Gear: Sith Academy Robe | Nan Quan | Lightsaber | Dagger | Wristlink
Engaging: [member="Jerek Zenduu"] [member="Anden Fancelo"]

UQE1ala.gif

The self-described Jedi tried to play it off like he'd known what fizzyglug was the whole time.

And then went and asked for a diet.

Clearly, if Micah was searching for intelligent lifeforms on this planet, then he would need to keep looking. The Cathar's ears twitched as the boy gave the teen a strange look. Whatever. They'd certainly have it. What vending droid was ever out of diet soda? It was always the one flavor that was always in stock... because no one in their right mind would order it.

"Uhhhh... okay," the kitten uttered finally. Hey, he just offered. The choice was the Jedi's to make. And obviously the teen's beverage choices were as questionable as his Force philosophies.

Making his way out to where there was a vending droid in the hall, the youngling stood on his tip-toes so that he could stretch and reach the identicard scanner. Holding his wristlink near the proximity reader, the associated Sith Academy student account was accessed so that the boy could purchase a drink.

"You ever read about any of the old Jedi stuff here?"

The boy's finger hovered over the drink selection options. There was diet fizzyglug, but there was also zero gravity fizzyglug... which was also a version of no sugar/zero calories. Actually, did the diet even offer zero calories? Or was it just sugar-free?

So... would the Jedi want the diet-diet? Or the zero-diet?

"I read lots of Jedi stuff," the Cathar remarked, in answer to the question from the peanuts gallery. With a shrug, the boy selected one diet and one zero gravity, deciding that the Jedi could just pick which he wanted from out of those two. The kitten could always offer one of the librarians whichever the teen didn't select.

The boy's ear twitched. What was that sound? Was there an imbalance in the air recycling return?

Gathering the sodas into his arms, the boy straightened back up. "I actually have some questions if you..." the Cathar began, trailing off as his amber eyes looked up.

For a moment, he was disoriented as he didn't know what he was looking at.

Then it registered that the end of the hallway had disappeared. And there was this... wall rushing toward him.

Was that... water?

With a gasp, the kitten's head turned as the boy stared at where his precious school research paper on Darth Phobos lay nearly complete on the desk across the room.

A presence, to his right. Turning his head, the youngling was presented by what appeared to be one of the Sith Imperial soldiers. Standing right in the path of the approaching deluge.

The child's ears flattened back against his head. His tail was flicking across the floor anxiously. His head turned back toward the left as he gazed, open mouth, toward where his research paper lay...

The sodas that the kitten was holding hit the ground.

Sliding across the hall, the young boy put himself just in front of the Sith Imperial officer. Arms held out, the kitten flattened out his palms and then executed a series of finger and hand gestures as he began to chant in the language of the ancient Sith. A blue energy seemed to flow from out of the dagger, swirling like a mist around the pair as a Sith rune appeared on the ground beneath where the two stood.

The kitten levitated off of the ground, his head nearly level with that of the man as the boy continued repeating the mantra again and again, as the deluge struck the protection bubble that the youngling had conjured. The blue Force energies of Stonepower flowed over the boy, so that his fur and form seemed to almost be aflame as he hovered there in a trance of Sith magic, as the wall of water washed over them.

Objective: Obtain any Jedi Artefacts, obtain any Sith Artefacts made by Darth Senet
Adversaries: Sith & co.
Non-standard equipment: Nullification resin, gas grenades

Nefertari had seen a few items from her sister's sith days making a reappearance across the galaxy. Because of this, she'd joined the assault on Ossus in hopes of tracking some down. After all, what better place to look for Sith knowledge than a Sith library?

Leaving Chandrila for the first time in a while was tough on Nef's family, so she'd come on her own after getting them settled down. She'd clearly missed some excitement, as someone had had the bright idea of flooding the main library. On the bright side, it had gotten the doors open. And Nef could feel [member="Mishel Noren"] reaching out for some sort of force convergence to evaporate it.
Take my energy. Nef thought, reaching out into the force.
Having offered her assistance, The Countess of Rosedge dove into the water with an audible splash. A pink light shone through the water as Nef began her search for intact artefacts, and of course, anybody who couldn't swim.

Tags: [member="Alex StormWolf"]

Blood feeds the belly of the beast.
Tinkering and investigating are very much the same. Venthis thought of himself as an investigator, twisting and bending the makings of creation. He sat in the sacrificial chamber, deep below the library on Ossus. He was learning about the idea of altering the chemical reaction between blood and venom. So, there he sat with a bowl of blood and a vial of Frinka Venom. He sat in a secluded cubicle, with both bowl and vial in his hands.

He wore a dark red robe, hooded covering his face. A lightsaber at his belt, with two clearly brandished daggers strapped to his right arm. He would mumble brief incantations under his breath while facing towards the door of the cubicle, before quickly rising to his feet and marching out towards the altar and closing his eyes.

Though, he would spare a glance over to the entrance surounded by corpses ready for experimentation.

Equipment: Lightsaber, 5 shot .45 Long Colt revolver, Dueling Chassis
Enemies: Sith, probably?
Objective: Hell if I know

This was getting boring.

Security droids, Eralam could handle. Even security droids designed for a place like this. Were there automated defenses? Probably. Force knew there were certainly enough blast doors dropped in the Shard's face, and some of the sporadic blasterfire came from angles that were, frankly, improbable for droids without advanced climbing protocols. But blaster bolts had never unduly worried him, even before designing the dueling chassis, and droids were pretty easy to handle. Tank a couple of bolts, use Absorb, redirect the energy to smash whatever was shooting into itsy bitsy pieces. It was a routine as easy as breathing, or at least it would have been if Eralam could breathe.

He could, in fact, not breathe. That was sort of a bummer; it was hard to get an exasperated sigh just right without proper lungs, and a mechanical voicebox was no substitute for the real thing. That didn't stop him from lighting up a cigarette. Exactly how he managed to make that work was anyone's guess, but Eralam soldiered along dutifully to the halls, trailing broken machinery and cigarette butts in his wake. It wasn't that he needed a smoke, not exactly, but the No Smoking signs placed prominently throughout the building made it hard not to. He was striking a blow against order and public hygiene. The irony of striking a blow against Sith order and public hygiene wasn't lost on the ancient Iron Knight. If anything, that made it all the sweeter.

But, despite the little thrill of satisfaction his little act of mildly cancerous rebellion brought, it couldn't overcome the crushing ennui that suffused the Shard down to the core of his crystalline heart. Where were the Sith? Why no swashbuckling saber action? It was plenty clear that someone knew he was there. The security doors were clearly herding him somewhere, and that suggested they were being manned by someone with a brain, or at least a fair approximation thereof. Eralam might not have much respect for notions of Light and Dark, but he did respect some of the things that Sith alchemists managed to accomplish, and it was entirely possible that they'd found a way to build a security supervisor without a brain, he supposed. It would certainly explain a lot. Maybe they were exporting them as part of some nefarious scheme. But, in this case, he was fairly certain he was being led somewhere, and absent anything better to do, Eralam followed the not so subtle directions delivered via hardened durasteel doors nearly a half a meter thick being slammed in his face.

Eventually, it became clear where he was heading. Not that he had the faintest idea, but Eralam could take a hint if it was spelled out in giant neon letters. They didn't even have to be flashing. There was a knot of Jedi up ahead, fighting...someone.

"Bloody hell, is that Vonskey-poo?"

It had been years since the Shard had worked with the One Sith in that mess on Balmorra, in a situation not entirely unlike this one. There was a fight, they needed fighters, and he was promised dueling. What he got instead on that day was a heaping helping of frustration and a thick dusting of salt. It took ages to scrub it all out of his delicate bits, and his old chassis still had a nasty tendency to rust in high humidity. He had met one Darth Vonskyr there, rumored now to be the grand DLOTS Himself these days, with his own Empire and everything. Only now he went by [member="Darth Carnifex"] or something or another. It was all very confusing. Organics changed their names as often as their underwear these days, and Eralam didn't even try to keep up.

Unfortunately, everyone had dance partners, it seemed. True to form, Carny had his hands full, with some weird Force using Mando dude that Eralam swore was vaguely familiar, a couple of probable Jedi, and his terrible taste in clothing. Everyone else looked like they had made their own arrangements, so the Shard sat down on a convenient bench that hadn't been wrecked, pulled out a fresh pack of cigarettes, and proceeded to watch the show.

"I call next!" he shouted, loud enough to be heard over the din. Hopefully, whoever finished first would let him have a turn.

Gear: The Classic! Bio and Basic armor
Objectice: Epic Duel
Enemies: [member="Karren Trask"]

He followed his ax, he followed the movement of his opponent as she switched to a stance he was already growing to utterly despise: Makashi. He groaned audibly as he brought the ax swinging back to rest upon his shoulders and observed the Templar closely. Her footwork was fine, she had not reached for the ax and as soon as he released his hold from her throat her strength returned to her tenfold. The same could not be said for the Sith Magnus Lord Mythos, whose entrails were quickly dripping below his belt.

Infuriated he clenched his jaw, he gripped the ax so hard his knuckles began to turn a bony white. Her stance only reminded him of [member="Darth Ophidia"], his master and first Makashi teacher and the thought enraged him. The green blade of her lightsaber shined in a strange hue in his eyes when contrasted with the yellow and red in his eyes. A euphoric state came over him as slowly he brought the Rudis of the Dark Lord into his left hand.

The three artefacts in his possession now began to act in some sort of unison. The Axe, the Rudis and the Eye began to amplify his control of the ring of fire that surrounded them and isolated them from the larger battle outside. With a slight twitch of his wrist he brought a flare of fire to him and forced it to crash into his midsection and ribcage.

The stench of burning flesh now was overwhelming, with Mythos' control of the fire around him he willed the flames to come to him and began cauterizing his open guts as he screamed an almost inhuman scream out of pain. His eyes never left her, they never relinquished the green glowing flare of her lightsaber that beamed like dying hope in his irises.

As soon as the gust of volcanic-like flames beat upon him they left leaving a charred body behind. The runes across his body were now visible, the only seals keeping his body tethered to this world were now shown to his opponent.

Her words gave him something he had not enjoyed since he came to Ossus: A Smile. An open challenge out of the honor to her former allies, as horrid and putrid excuses for living beings as they may be. Mythos respected honour, it was the reason he died.

"I hate torture. I despise causing suffering with no purpose." He said, brandishing both of his ancient weapons in the stance of Jar'Kai. His voice rang through the force much stronger than through sound.

"But if i have to tear your body and spirit apart for a thousand years to bring justice to my son, to my people. I will"

Out of the edge of his weapons a glow grew, as suddenly as it flashed into existence they exploded in two Force Blasts aimed at the centre of his enemy.

Enemy: Sith [member="Mythos"] (Most pleased to duel )
Obj: Protect the Assault

A telekinetic wave blasted her midsection. It almost toppled her, but she dug the toes of her boots in, resisting it. Nonetheless she was shoved back several feet and staggered. The tip of her blade came of course.

"So it'll be a fight with the force then?"

It was a verbal feint.

She hated using the force as a weapon, but it seemed the last alternative. Or at least that what she wanted her opponent to believe. Her own energies drew deep into her core, fortifying her cells. She imagined a whirlwind, carrying her body forwards. The only recourse now was to close the distance, and begin her assault.

So she did.

With the burst of extra speed from the force, stacked with the speed augmentation of her armor, she flew like a laser bolt right at her opponent. The very air seemed to blur into a haze as she moved. Her footing was the exact same, but this time, she cocked back her elbow and launched a tempered thrust, low to the left leg. Then her blade swept up and right, with a flick of her wrist, towards where his fingers connected with the haft of his ex.

All the while her left hand stabilized held out close to her body. Already she prepared a force barrier, weaving the currents of air and energy together.

The same tricks never worked twice on a good duelist.

And Karren Fancied herself Very Good....

Objective: protect and defend
Enemies: Jedi
Allies: sith
Gear: in bio

Neoplix was shocked! Not that this newcomer was a Jedi, not that he had been wearing a disguise of sith robes over his Jedi armor, and not that there was a Jedi this deep within sith territory.

No, he was surprised by how foolish this Jedi was. Unveiling his identity in front of dozens of sith, mere feet away from Neoplix, without even attempting deception. He was either too foolish to realize what a bad idea it was, or too ignorant to think his way out of it, and either way it was a fatal flaw.

His blade swung freely from his back, almost 6 feet long, moving effortlessly in his hands. Had any other attempted to wield it, they would have collapsed beneath its massive weight, but not Neoplix. His gen’dai physiology and power armor allowed him to swing the sword as effortlessly as a lightsaber. The right edge of the blade glowed orange like a burning ember, while the left was surrounded by a sickly green aura.

“I don’t think I’ll bother; after all, does a boot remember the name of every ant it crushes?”

His pistol flew to his left hand, and he lifted it, firing three heavy shot shells at his opponent point blank, giving him no time to react, and following up with a spinning backhand blow from his massive sword, right edge first.

Tag: @alexstormwolf

(Do you use the discord app? If so we can communicate about the duel, power levels, etc...)

Live in Light, Surf Master
Allies: Jedi [member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Coren Starchaser"], [member="Calder Icehammer"] etc
Enemies: Sith [member="Darth Carnifex"] [member="Taeli Raaf"] [member="Koda Fett"]
Objective: Keep Kaine Australis Alive. Try not to be ‘the Rude Guy’.

“Sorry, can’t do that! Just found out the Dark Lord’s my Step-Dad! I demand back-allowance!” I yell back at the first Sith I smacked at, gritting my teeth. At least my Buckethead opened himself up to the Force. Useful, him following orders.

Bet if I taught Kaine’s wife how to get him to behave the entire universe would burble out one heck of a grateful sigh of relief. Wife? Wives? Freaking bucket… His must be full of vinegar.

“I’d rather take solace in the fact my mother’s more of a hindrance to you lot than Ysalamiri in a closet.” The Dark Lord was moving preternaturally fast. In the storm of the Butcher King, an eternal calm soaked through each repartee. "S'okay. I'll take her off your hands. You should know better than to stick your beard in crazy."

A storm may churn the ocean’s waters, but no maelstrom would defeat it. Hindered by the relatively confined space, my abilities in Ataru are set aside for the crashing tidal waves of Djem So.

Continue on the offensive. Counterattack & use the enemy’s attack vectors against them. Brute force can only delay [member="Darth Carnifex"], who has a foot and a good fifty pounds on me. Yet, pushing forth, refusing him the full extension of his limbs, choking up his stance... these I can do.

I leap at my opponent, Nuada deflecting then with a flick of the wrist rocking up to his chin. Borghan cut across the Epicanthix’s body in an attempt to force Carnifex to answer with both of his blades.

Rick Kaloo

R
OBJECTIVE - FLOOD
ALLIES: SJO
ENEMIES: SITH

OSSUS LIBRARY INTERIOR - CATACOMBS
sjheadergreen.png
The flood burst through open doors, throwing books and holocrons into disarray.
With Rick directing the water, it quickly consumed entire rooms before changing position to target the rooms that remained intact. Once Rick felt the water hit perimeter walls, he turned the flood back the way it had came, stepping out of the way while focusing the rest of the flood in the hallway he had just left.

Behind the waters once again, Rick moved them toward a large stairwell, still soaked and dripping from where his waters had descended. As Rick hopped onto the slippery stairwell, his bionic feet automatically deployed clingers, preventing any slipping or sliding.

After a short jog upward, Rick came to the ground floor he had left behind. But he continued upward still, seeking the one major area of the library he had left untouched.

After yet another jog, Rick arrived at the next floor up. He unleashed his flood in front of him, once again seeking to knock the Sith off guard and disassemble their books.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom