Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skirmish Into The Mouth Of The Leviathan [TSO x Mandalorian Protectors]

Shev Skirata

You can come in warm, or come in cold.
She shook her head oepning comms to her clan mate. "Did you know your left engine is smoking?" She asked, before peeling away.
Shev looked out the cockpit on his port side and saw Sula "I need a sample of the zombie" Skirata peel away.

"Deed woo know yowr enbine iv smwoking." He said to himself inside the cockpit before opening his comms to his clan mate.

"Noted." He said pretending not to be trusting his armor's waste removal system far more than he should, "It's being adressed."

He dodged a flying thing with too many teeth and then climbed by another, was that a fething dragon? HE CLIMBED! Before making a tight loop, (for a ship made in 30 something BBY) and went toward one of the multiheaded mega fauna from some sith wet dream and opened fire. The bolts flew and struck the monstrosity and he suddenly realized they were Ion canons, it had been fitted with original ion cannos for disabling shields before a bombing run. Where did they get this some ancient rebel base on Yavin IV?

"This is not the way." He said to the ship which shook slightly as he had another close call with flying bat lizards and Shev was confident the ship was laughing at him.

"Kark it." He said as he lined up his targeting system and decided if they wanted a bomber to fight nightmare fuel, he might as well make the PTSD worth it.

The baridium warhead fired, amazingly, without a hitch and dropped toward the creatures back as he began to turn starboard to prep for another run. He only had so much time and he was starting to think if the engine stopped smoking he would probably die.

Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf @People and stuff.

Last edited:
quinnposttop.png

//: Aboard a Despoiler //:
//: Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr //:

nAEbAR.png
"Disgusting," Quinn spoke softly under her breath as her cloak whipped against the harsh breeze. Those under the command of Darth Carnifex moved quickly, lumbering forward to destroy what their master desired. She wondered if her Mother had led legions such as this. Did she fight with the same ruthlessness as the Sith, or were the stories true? Did Ashin Varanin have an honorable bone in her body? Would she have fought against the Graug or commanded them? Standing, watching the graug push forward, Quinn fingered gently along the end of the lightsaber at her side. She could feel the comforting feeling of her Mother. The blade resonated with her essence, her force power imbued into the crystal.

The Despoiler she found herself helping staff trudged along, eating, devouring everything in its wake. She found the concept a waste, but most of the things the Sith did she didn't fully understand. Maybe she should look deeper into her involvement, but she didn't want to disappoint her godparents. Emotions ate her heart, and she wondered, watching the landscape disappear beneath the monstrosity.

A burst of emotions broke the Princess from her train of thought. She had felt this pain before and clutched the broach that kept her cloak wrapped around simplistic armor. Echos of the heart filled her mind and body, moving to the source of this pain.

Malum stood, yelling something into a device. A voice crackled, but she couldn't determine the response. His emotions were everywhere, and they overwhelmed the young woman. It took her a moment to center herself, to barricade her mind from his, and she stepped closer. His pain was silenced now, and all she could hear was the click of her heel as she drew closer.

She had heard a name, one that felt like it was the source of this rise in his emotions. This name meant something to him; deep within herself, she felt jealous. Quinn stopped a few strides away from the Sith Lord. Her voice sounded unlike any time she had spoken to him. It was gentle and concerned.

"Malum?" She started and took another step forward, a hand extended with intent to offer comfort. "Who is Elise?"

CS3FUG8.png

His arms quickly crossed in an X over His chest, the destructive wave of Force energy slamming into Him like a truck. He slid back on the platform, the stone breaking away beneath His feet as it was seared away. Smoke coiled up from the Dark Lord's armor, where the brunt of the attack had struck. The Dark Lord slowly uncrossed His arms, small errant fires burning on both arms and His chest. Glowing runes illuminated His breastplate and gauntlets, written in the ancient language of the Sith; protection sigils.

"And that is to be you, little girl? You understand nothing."

Twin cylinders slipped into both of the Dark Lord's hands, His fingers coiling around them. Two blades ignited in sequence, one of red and the other of green. He held each blade at an angle from His body, the dual glows illuminating His body in contrasting shades. The growing trees took hold of the platform, stopping it in it's tracks and encircling it with snaking roots.

When they came for Him, the Dark Lord was ready. He moved like a shadow, slicing the encroaching branches with both blades in quick succession. His entire body was wreathed in shadow, and only the glowing illumination of His blades could be seen amidst the swirling maelstrom. Then, just as quickly, the Dark Lord struck at the Mandalorian with His lightsabers. Her beskar would keep her safe, but His onslaught was relentless and nightmarishly quick.

He moved much quicker than His large, muscular physique implied. Through His actions coursed the experience of a thousand battlefields, a hundred wars, over a century of training, honing, and refining His mind and body into an avatar of violence.

And it was all directed at Elise Vizsla.

fEYfx4P.png

Lernaean Base, Ruins of Sundari
Allies: Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex Quintessa Quintessa

She was coming.

She could sense the arrival of the masked persona, a former member of the Saaraishash, and she had left orders they were to be left alone and guided to her if they came. There was no surprise that Allyson had come; she knew that she would. In the time of playing their chess game of allies and enemies, she come to understand the other Corellian as well as she understood Taeli. She had always appreciated how the younger woman embraced her roles: her dedication to the craft of subterfuge, her mastery of infiltration and machinery, the conflict she had sensed within her and just how precisely she liked to balance on that knife edge to try and achieve her goals.

As they were two sides of a coin, she had often wondered what might have happened if she had grown up on Corellia and not on Lorrd. Part of that answer she already knew. She would have known about her true family far sooner, likely would have been recruited to the Jedi along with Corvus, and perhaps would have pursued a route like Allyson or even a lighter path of her current path. They would have known each other sooner, perhaps would have even been Master and Apprentice between the transition from Republic to Alliance... or even now within a different Order. It was a complicated arrangement, constant moves as they probed the other for weaknesses and respected their strengths, and yet she was sure there was a way to give that little nudge to have her come over to her side in truth rather than as a ploy.

She was looking out the observation windows as the cocoon containing the Emperor pulsed again, more cracks forming as the forms of its head shifted and pushed to break free again. She didn't turn around as her guest was ushered inside, leaving the two of them alone.

"You're quite welcome," she replied, still not turning around. She could see Allyson remove the mask in the reflection, revealing her true form. "Nerralyn wanted to include a copy of your cards in the package as well, but I figured you already had a full set. You've a fan you know."

There was a quiet chuckle as she watched Allyson look around for what she was sensing, the dark creature that was consuming energy to finish its awakening. She merely needed to look out and she would see it. Soon, very soon.

"If you were really retired, you would have put them on your mantle and called it a day," she added, seeing the bow rise in the reflection on the glass. "And we both know I'd be bored out of my mind in retirement within a week. It's just not who I am. Something we have in common."

An amused smile would quirk up as she turned around finally, looking at her fellow Corellian as she quipped. Even in amusement though, a hand rested gently on the lightsaber at her side as she eyed the glowing arrow of the bow she had personally made for the Shadow.

"You're happily married, so that would be highly inappropriate. But is it really such an odd idea that I would want to send a Life Day gift to the best Shadow the Jedi have produced... and ignored? No, I don't think so."

The arrow remained in hesitation. Purple eyes analyzing, searching for the tiniest chink as she also sought to fully understand what made Allyson tick. In their game, she knew if she could fully understand the woman in front of her... she would have her. She would know exactly what it would take to finally bring her over to her side.

Behind her the cocoon pulsed one more time... and then shattered to unleash its monstrosity into the world again.

For the hydra Sithspawn already unleashed from the ruins, the Kasina Satwas, the longer the battle would rage, the greater the threat they would become. Not merely for the plasma bursts they could unleash to incinerate, not merely for their sheer strength and size. No, the danger would become that the more Mandalorians they consumed, the more beskar that was digested, and life energy stored away within their internal blister traps, the tougher their scales would become as the beskar would become laced into the scaled and the more intelligent they would become as they drew upon the memories and experiences of the Mandalorians trapped within. Two of the hydras roared in defiance as bombs struck them, blowing chunks from their scaled bodies and drawing their ire. The Y-wing that was trailing smoke was the easy target of the one it just shot with ion cannons and then dropped a baradium bomb on would rear several of its heads at him and unleashed streams of plasma.

For the Drakes in the air, the same could always be held true that the longer the battle raged, the more dangerous they would become. Bioplasma shots would burn hotter as they fed, and their ability to manipulate gravity would start manifesting as they attacked formations of armored warriors or converged on the fighter craft fighting for air superiority. One of them, shining with the light side of the Force, would draw attention from several of the drakes, each eager to please the Sith beastmasters directing them from within the ruins of Sundari. Kill the Jedi. Kill the Jedi. Kill the Jedi. That thought would keep repeating itself in the creatures following and attempting to intercept the X-wing. More would start to converge on the winged Mandalorian, gravity starting to intensify around them.

And then the earth-shattering roar echoed from the crater, bringing a slight pause... and then the first head rose from the crater. Far larger than the other hydras, a second head rose up and then a third. The Emperor was awake.

Vaux looked up, hearing the of a Hississ bombers engines before they were cut by the cry of some creature taking large craft from the sky. Another rolled a load of bombs into the Graug horde, only doing so much, and another managing a single four bomb volly into one of the Sith monsters before it too was hit with plasma. The TwinTail were only faring slightly better. One modified with a third engine soon met it's fate, one that clearly took a blow to Vaux's own mind. She gripped her Trayc'kal before reloading and firing solid slugs at the the Sith forces before hearing the call for medivac.

Vaux and VK started to fall back, the pilot unloading her hand cannon again before reaching for.... "Oh Frak me!" She yelled before holster the weapon, and pulling out a filigreed hilt from her belt, not igniting it yet, but just in case. "For once I hate to say this doesn't mean I'm a jetii or anything." Vaux said, looking at Arla Rodarch Arla Rodarch . She wasn't sure if she was actually in charge, but the call for a medivac was the best she could go off of. This was going to osik real quick, and she was almost certain she caught the flash of baradium. "For the Manda's sake tell me there's a plan, cause most of my ammo and shotgun are burning right now."

Arla Rodarch Arla Rodarch Daesyn Rodarch Daesyn Rodarch Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Mia Monroe Mia Monroe Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel Ordo Ordo Keratel Rekali Keratel Rekali Minerva Fhirdiad Minerva Fhirdiad Drego Ruus Drego Ruus Sula Skirata Sula Skirata Shev Skirata Shev Skirata Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex Quintessa Quintessa Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf Iuuna Talon Iuuna Talon

His blade of obsidian death did not dance with a graceful beauty, nor did it spin in whirlwind patterns. The blade crashed, the blade crushed, and burned like black fire across the pressing gruag bodies. They fell in droves in spite of their beskar weapons. A halo of corpses rested at His armor shod feet as He tread on the bodies of their fallen to create another over lapping ring of quickly rotting matter.

The smoke of burned corpses and dust and ozone filled the air as a haze began to form near the ground. The dead stare of a T-shaped visor the only visage they would carry with them to the hell they had sprung from. Some ran, as was only right. But to their credit most faced the terror of Him and died facing an enemy. He approved of such a death. He saw the battle rage around Him and decalred it good.

However, the flesh beneath the armor could still remember. Could still sense and know of a past that was a part of him once. Of people and things he loved or hated.

Spencer...

He felt the presence though different than before. He needed to reach out from the carnage He dealt to focus. He drew in a breath and the beskar around Him became a hurricane of molten metal clearing a ring of simply vaporized graug matter for 50 meters in any direction before He let it return to Mandalore. Then turning He looked up toward the sky and knew He felt the once queen.

"What have they done to you?" He asked the presence of his friend. Before returning to quench the dry ground with blood.

@All the peeps Quinn Varanin Quinn Varanin Mia Monroe Mia Monroe Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel Arla Rodarch Arla Rodarch Vaux Gred Vaux Gred Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf @I'm lazy now.

Last edited:
Keldabe Command Centre
Engaging: Iuuna Talon Iuuna Talon

The ice spears shattered against the barrier and Mia sighed shaking her head, inching ever closer, her smeyes flicking the opening rifts.

"There's no sins there, that I haven't already fought, child."

Still she didn't need to add Netherworld souls to the list of things they had to fight, she could close the distance, but not quick enough. She felt the pull of the Wastes, the call for her to return to them.

"You will know of me, and I of you. The blood spilled by your kind demands I look into your eyes as your very life flees from them."

"Not today."

She dropped her barrier, side stepping another spear as she delved into her rage, the wind picked up around them. She did not have time to fight this child, she did not need more enemies on the battlefield. Carnifex had brought enough. The wind swirled, tighter and tighter between them, sending her ice spears spinning away, the tornado grew and shifted towards the daughter of Talon, seeking to lift her and throw her from the battle.

5f73d3dce86a25190c5fc2dc764d4a09bf69da7f.pnj

Untitled1056_20240211222714.png

//: Lernaean Base //:
//: Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf //:
8f5d11cf954f1b08f542b3444f8547c19c505050.png
The kill shot was there. All she had to do was release the string. The entire event played out in her head; the string snapped, and the arrow cut through the air before finding its target. It would strike true through the base of the Sith's neck, poisoning her with the light it was imbued with. All of it was there, it could end, and Allyson would walk out of the complex, disappearing into the shadows. It was easy, but Taeli knew just as much as Allyson did.

She couldn't take the shot. A fury burned in the Corellian; one of her sins would be eradicated from the galaxy. Unlike her fellow Jedi, Allyson had gotten to know Taeli. She learned of the woman's children and the plans that she was allowed to know. They weren't always at odds. At times, Taeli had played a crucial ally in some of her previous missions. Even now, when the woman mentions her daughter by name and the card game, Allyson remembers the woman is human. Despite being a Sith, the woman had people she loved and cared for. These people would have a hole in their lives, missing the Sith.

Taeli was a mother. Having lost her own mother, Allyson couldn't bear to be reminded of the emotions the child would face. Would Allyson be fostering the beginning of her downfall? Would she create another Sith by removing Taeli Raaf? So many questions.

And Taeli knew everyone that would bite into the Corellian. "Married, I guess? Happy? Doubt it. I wanted it to be happy, but you're right." Allyson kept the weapon drawn and aimed towards the Sith. "I can't retire, and I don't find happiness with that kind of life. You and I both know how my story is going to end." It was true that Allyson was destined to die alone on the battlefield. Most likely in a fashion that she wouldn't even be remembered.

People like her were rarely remembered.

Allyson tightened her fingers on the bow's grip; she wanted to fire it. There was a burning desire to release it and start the combat. She was tired of this conversation, especially the holes Taeli was poking through the Corellian's resolve and loyalty to the Alliance. That allegiance was always fickle, constantly coming into question for the Corellian. Maybe she did her job well enough to concern people, or perhaps she didn't believe in her own loyalty.

"I appreciate the compliment. But I wouldn't be here without the Jedi." It pained her to lie through her teeth. The one lie that hurt. Allyson remembered what happened after her last lengthy mission. She was doubted and imprisoned despite being a source of information for the Alliance. She fed them information and battle plans while sacrificing her own happiness. Today, the Corellian was alone, estranged from her wife, chasing after something that probably never existed.

The lie of the Alliance, her loyalty, all of it was something she didn't want to think about. Allyson could feel her faith wavering, more and more questions coming to the surface as she searched for some resolve, some single reason she belonged with the Jedi and that they were good for her.

Her mind silenced as the breathing of the cocoon paused and the complex shook with the birth of the beast. It was enough to push the thoughts of the Jedi from her mind, and the arrow finally released, focused as a disabling shot to Taeli's shoulder.

As much as she wanted to kill Taeli, she couldn't. The woman had answers, and Allyson wanted them.

Would she be happier fighting for the Sith? Was the Alliance, the Jedi all a pretty lie she tells herself?

Last edited:

Arla Rodarch

Marshal, Journeyman Protector

Mandalore
Sundari Battlezone

"There's a plan. Come on, Dae's pointed the way!" Arla yelled to Vaux Gred Vaux Gred over the din.

The arrival of friendly forces to the ground battle was perhaps not enough alone to turn the tide of this battle, even with the added fire support coming from above, but it was enough to prevent Arla's group from being wiped out to the last. With blasts detonating all around and the swarm continuing to come at them, and the added assault of the flying and multi headed ground sithspawn, it was still very much an ordeal. It was too much for Arla to even respond to comm calls, as she fought for her life. She noticed on her HUD that the Mand'alor Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel was also on the battlefield, but even that had to wait until she'd gotten her people out of the fire.

Daesyn had a better view of things than Arla, and she trusted her vod implicitly. Her forces had all heard the call, and they didnt need to be told to move out. Fighting back to back, for it was that desperate now, and there were so few survivors, they battled every meter to the potential safety of the rocky outcrop, and some high ground.

When they arrived, some brave, beautiful pilot flew low and dropped a crate in front of them. Arla wrenched it open to find a collection of Ghost Stalker heavy recoilless sniper rifles.

Arla quickly armed everyone with them, though the Moonguard and Drop Troopers balked at giving one to the only penal trooper who had survived. Arla put that reticence to bed. She looked at the criminal. "You're pardoned. Welcome to the Drop Troopers." She handed him a weapon, and her makeshift platoon, all that was left of two battalions, took up firing positions. "You too, Vaux."

The new guns gave the survivors some much needed morale boost, and the new position gave them some reprieve from fighting for their lives. Arla took stock of what numbers she had left, less than twenty. She took a moment for herself to just breathe; but then remembered Aria's death, and the red mist descended. She drew her hand phazor and stepped to a firing position. Joining the cacophony, Arla's hand dispersed bright beams blasting blazing death into the Graug. She blasted a Hydra that got too close, and singed a dragon thing when it got too curious. She wanted to kill them all. She would try.

Cammy Rodarch soared in overhead and flew a tight pattern around Arla's rocky outcrop position, her plasma blasts warding off enemy dragons and hydras. She was not going to let anything happen to them. Vaar was staying off the comm, probably hoping that Arla would forget he was present.

The air battle was still going fairly poorly, though the escorts held off the fighters, it was much of a stalemate and a grind. Things seemed still to be in the balance until Defender's weaponry caused serious damage to the first of the three huge World Despoilers. The absurd firepower of the big NSLR battleship had quickly and effectively pounded down the factory's shields and blown holes in its hull. Around them the fighters and beasts swarmed, fought valiantly by the remaining friendly craft.

A massive fiery explosion lit the area, and that first huge machine factory under friendly fire began to trail smoke from flaming wounds.

It was then that Arla's friend the Grand Admiral, played his trick. Banking that the tough heavy factories were not blessed with speed and maneuverability, he ordered the force's tractor drones in. Within moments, the half-wrecked World Despoiler was moving under the guidance of multiple squadrons of tractor drones. Not toward the ground, but toward the second of three World Despoilers. There was no way to avoid the collission. With the gargantuan impact, the whole area was awash for a moment with flame and smoke, before the two World Despoilers, forcibly merged into a single, falling, mass of metal and death, exploding and belching fire and clouds of thick black smoke began to slowly but surely drop from the sky.

The impact of the two colliding World Despoilers was dwarfed by the huge impact of their corpses striking the ground as several million tons smashed down to earth.

The fall impact and resulting shockwave would doubtless kill a large number of the Graug, Hydra and possibly even the flying forms, and enemy starfighters. The enemy had just lost two thirds of their starfighter reproduction capability. The entire northern half of the ruined city was obscured by a massive dust cloud.

The Mandalorians were starting to hit back hard.

YgvlfhP.png

Friendlies : Daesyn Rodarch Daesyn Rodarch Vaux Gred Vaux Gred Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Mia Monroe Mia Monroe Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel Ordo Ordo Keratel Rekali Keratel Rekali Minerva Fhirdiad Minerva Fhirdiad Drego Ruus Drego Ruus Valery Noble Valery Noble Treoff Kellak Treoff Kellak
Enemies : Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex Quintessa Quintessa Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf

Even if Iuuna had been impressed by the show of wind, it didn't display or register on her face. Instead she motioned with her hand opening a rift to the Netherworld, and with her other hand motioned toward the wind. Necrotic energy began to grow within it, "you reek of the Nether, Mandalorian." She mentioned and smirked, "you've managed to escape it's clutches, tsk, tsk." Escaping the Netherworld always had consequences, a harsh green light emerged from the eerie rift in the ground. The rift was open and the skeleton shambles emerged, but not before the tornado had Iuuna in its grasp. Her body picked up and flung into the air, at first there was fear, but...

Rather than panic she immersed herself within its grasp her hands manipulating the necrotic energy, finding comfort in the realm of death. The glow of her eyes could be seen from within it's hold as the wind whirled violently around her. "I, Iuuna Talon, will know of you Mia Monroe, the Nether seeks you and I demand a blood penance for those who have perished by your kind." Surrounded now by wind and necrotic energy the tornado took on a eerie green hue.

It was clear Mia hadn't known the pain caused by the Mandalorians, "allow me to show you." Iuuna remained in the tornado's grasp but from the light in the Netherrift, emerged the screams of the Echani, the roars of their butchers the Mandalorians. "Are these not Mandalorians?" Her voice boomed from the tornado. "Blood for blood, flesh for flesh, an eye for an eye, mothers, daughters, sisters, all dead at the hands of your kind." They were barbaric, savages who had no recall for mercy and deserved absolutely none. The elementalist studied the monstrosties she was trapped in but her focus and her netherwordly gaze remained on Mia Monroe Mia Monroe

Untitled1056_20240211222714.png

Objective: Stop the tide
Tags: Arla Rodarch Arla Rodarch Mia Monroe Mia Monroe Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel @Cammy Rodarch, Vaux Gred Vaux Gred Valery Noble Valery Noble
Gear: In bio

Daesyn was flying higher again when another pair of dragons turned and gave chase towards her, one of then glistened with the beskar it's scales had absorbed and it looked mean, there was no choice though, as Cammy Rodarch attempted to cover the larger mandalorian formation Daesyn engaged. She turned her hammer and channeled a concentrated blast of force light through its crystal, the beam slammed into the first of the two dragons and the beast screamed as the light burned through its core. The second, bigger dragon went for her and Daesyn was barely fast enough to avoid its firmly breath, seeing several of her pteruges scorched and melted.

Her focus was such that she could have been excused for not noticing the starship that fell out of the sky and the shockwaves that shook the very air she danced in. She felt the deaths of thousands of crew, graug and likely unfortunately defenders. The air became thick with dust and the dragon took the oppurtunity to rake across the chest plate of Daesyn, almost ripping it off. She swung her hammer and missed it, having to duck back past the fire breath once more the dragon was strong and it sensed victory... until it didn't.

Out of nowhere a gleaming beskar axe swung down and with a mighty blow, cleaved through the neck of the drake. Daesyn turned and smiled under her beskar to see the winged form of another. Manda'kyrja. This man was a Myrmidon, their shared minds instantly connected them and she thanked him. Elsewhere, a third valkyrie dealt with another dragon and joined the pair. The two Myrmidons hovered two hundred metres up next to their sister on large feathered wings, different to Daesyn's.

<<What in manda's name is happening?>> the make Myrmidon asked.

<<The sith>>

<<And what of the new protectorate?>>

<<They fight with strength, but the numbers of sithspawn are too great... and something else is coming.>> Daesyn pointed her hammer at the silloutte of the titanic hydra that had awoken and bore down on the beleaguered mandalorians.

<<And the Jedi woman?>>

<<An ally, for now, we shall see if she can be trusted.>>

The other two nodded and followed Daesyn at speed, over the burning wreckage of the crashed ship and into reach of the huge Hydra. Daesyn allowed the Myrmidon's to take the lead in the combat and they struck hard, slashing tendons where they could reach, detonating mentions where they couldnt. Daesyn added her own weaponry to the barrage but took a moment to observe the way the hydra moved, using a force meditation technique to enhance and guide the effectiveness of her kin. The three winged warriors swirled around the snapping heads, each head wad the size of a repulsor truck and filled with teeth that were as hard as Blessed beskar. If this monster was allowed to reach the mandalorian lines, it might be game over.

Daesyn swung her hammer again, feeling it connect with the tooth of a Maw that came to close, knocking the foot long harden chunk down to the floor below. One of her pistol rounds finally struck home and blew apart one of the monster's eyes, but she had the impression it mostly just enraged it.

Sula and Akaan were one. The droid reacted to the subtlest of movements from her, this was her happy place, outside of her workshop. the war droid spat fire at seemingly random points, as Sula analysed the beast reaction, the damage taken.

And the Shev dropped a bomb on it and ruined everything, forcing her to peel away from the shock wave. "That was not helpful, Shev." she told him over comms. "You pissed it off." the heads swung his way and Sula blinked. "Actually, never mind... that works fine. Keep it busy." She rose high above it, thankful the drakes had found something more shiny to attack, before tipping Akaan's nose down and opening fire upon the centre of the beasts back.

A concentrated point as she descended towards the beast all four laser cannons hammering into the same point, peeling through the scales, tearing through to the soft flesh beneath. "Shev, I am marking the exact point to drop your next bomb." she said with a bored tone as she flung information at his targeting computer with a quick motion of her hand. "Drop it as I pull up. And don't miss."

The closer she got, the bigger the tear in the beasts back got.

Somewhere nearby, something much bigger roared drawing Sula's eyes from her target. "Was that..."

Thankfully, Akaan was not so easily distracted. The bes'uliik let out a warning blaart before snapping out of their descent and peeling up and away, clearing the path for Shev's next bomb.

Shev Skirata Shev Skirata Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf

Minerva kept up her attack runs all across the battle line against the Graug horde. While some see it as not sporting but frankly she didn’t care. This was a fight for Mandalore’s survival not a glory hunt. Sensors picked up three Sith fighters diving in from above. Making a hard right turn her ship began to take evasive actions as the trio of fighters like hounds on the hunt maintained pursuit.

Due to their combined firepower her ship shook violently and the shields were down as alarms sound off repeatedly in the cockpit. The ship’s AI rotated the top turret and opened fire while Minerva did everything she could to shake them. One Sith fighter was clipped in the left wing and spun out of control crashing to the ground below. But then the shields finally went down and the top turret exploded.

It took every bit of Minerva’s strength and will to onto the controls with strained arms. Just before the hostile duo could finish the job when suddenly a guilded mission struck the one on the right and exploded into flaming pieces. The last craft tried to break off but was destroyed in a ruthless barrage by a Fang Class starfighter with red stripes.

“You’re welcome vod.” A voice said in the comms to a surprised Minerva whose eyes were widened at what just happened.

Just before she could express her gradtidur she witnessed two of the World Despoilers collide before crashing. At the sight Minerva let out a roar in joy but the battle was far from over. She and the Fang Fighter dive in together for an attack run against the diminishing horde below.

Last edited:
The shed blood turned to a miasma of dark fog around Him. His dull grey armor turned slick with the mist of shed life. The graug joined the dead ground beneath His and paid their last obeisance to the savagery that was War. The inverted glow of the black plasma sword, so similar to the Dark Saber of legends, cast the Man in harsh relief as he silently reaped souls.

Slowly He began to take account of the battle in whole. So, lost was He in the clash of steel on steel, the crashing of bone and sinew that He had neglected His ultimate purpose. He had been sent back by the Manda to return His people to their proper place.

Sith spawned creatures raged and roiled across the desolate landscape. Sad desperate beings throwing an angry fit like violent infants with a plethora of sensations but not enough intelligence to rationalize it. He could understand their anger. He felt much the same when death had changed Him and then spat Him back out. The creatures, however, were weak. Destructive, yes. But ultimately they could only serve as heads placed on walls and stories told to wide eyed children. In the centuries to come they would be legends of dead foes or fauna hunted for sport by those that survive. Nothing more.

The monsters of weak steel and metal piloted by even weaker flesh were the worst of the enemies. For even Mandalorian children knew that there was nothing more destructive than cowards with tools of War. He turned His visor skyward as the now unopposed Graug began to capitalize on the pause in their inevitable end. That is until the force in his proximity left. The Manda that filled him expanded into the miasma and pushed the living force away as it drew the life blood toward the armored figure. Streamers of gore formed and drew toward the dull grey armor and painted it black. Fear or madness over took the Graug near him and they began turning on one another as if his presence caused a frenzy in them that could only be satisfied with brutal savagery.

The blood saturated armor began to glow as he lifted an armored hand toward one of the leading despoilers. The massive ship, crafted in His image, a machine of violent intent, stopped moving. The steel would groan under the grip of war. The weak will would weep and gnash their teeth in the face of inevitably. Even the droid overmind would know hopelessness as the ship slowly began to compress and Manda’yaim would soon greet them and He would gift their souls to The Manda as a burnt offering for the forgiveness of his people that had lost their way.

Daesyn Rodarch Daesyn Rodarch Vaux Gred Vaux Gred Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Mia Monroe Mia Monroe Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel Keratel Rekali Keratel Rekali Minerva Fhirdiad Minerva Fhirdiad Drego Ruus Drego Ruus Valery Noble Valery Noble Treoff Kellak Treoff Kellak Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex Quintessa Quintessa Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf Arla Rodarch Arla Rodarch Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr @AnyOneIMissed

Last edited:
Open
Space over Mandalore
Shadow of Intent
Fleet: X

Mandalore wept.

Valerian stood at the bridge Shadow of Intent, looking down at the planet that his forebears called home, though his ship had only just come out of hyperspace, he didn't see the beauty of his ancestral home. It might have been beautiful once, and by all accounts it was, but now after several glassings, and having been strip mined by the Sith Lords for years, it was an ugly thing, desolate and barely worth the effort it'd be to liberate it. But it was home, and as he gazed at the scarred world, Valerian felt a tug at his core and understood why the old men and graybeards had waxed for so long about returning, reclaiming their planet for her Sons and Daughters.

However it appeared, it seemed that Clan Calore had arrived to the reclamation well after the the start of the effort. Reports came in from intercepted messages reporting that the battle was already well underway, and that the stage of the conflict was the ruined city of Sundari. Valerian grit his teeth, wondering if he'd come too late to make a difference, if his hesitation to join the Protectors in their fight had played a role in their doom.

No, he couldn't dwell on such things now, not while the battle still raged, and certainly not while he had a horde of his own eager for battle. He'd make up for his delay, by bringing to bear all that he had to give in service to his people.

"Bring the fleet over Sundari and switch our identity beacons to match the Protectors." His voice was calm, and a chorus of affirmative responses greeted him as his orders were fulfilled, the men and women of the flagship rushing about as they were set to battle stations and all hands aboard the ship prepared for combat. He'd brought the entirety of the Calore fleet, and enough warriors to drown the planet in the blood of his kin if it came to it; Maker above he hoped it wouldn't.

The fleet moved into the space over the ruined city, standing vigil over the planet as they prepared to strike. "Launch fighters toward the surface, and prepare all ground troops for landing." Valerian was all in for Mandalore, he'd come all this way, and the Clan had come in full force, he'd be remiss to not throw everything they had into this fight given the stakes. The young alor sighed as he listened to the controlled chaos around him; the clang of heavy boots against metal, the cacophony of voices that communicated a dozen different things all at once, preparing thousands of warriors for the fight of their lives.

"Captain, the deck is yours; don't wreck my fleet." There wasn't much else to say, hardly anything to do from the bridge of a ship aside from bark orders. Valerian left the deck without another word, eager to join in the fighting on the ground before he missed out.

Sundari
Loadout: X

Valerian grit his teeth as the assault pod broke through the atmosphere, listening to the way the heat roared against the layers of durasteel that lined the pods hull, waiting for the inevitable feeling of anti-aircraft fire that always came with ground landings. He'd grown used to it, as it'd always be present, no matter how hard he prayed for otherwise. The young alor wondered how the other soldiers of the Haran'verd were feeling, if they'd come to regret their joining, or if they wished for the comfort of transports as opposed the hard landings given by the assault pods.

"Thirty seconds!" The voice of the pilot cut through his thoughts, silencing them as the man took hold of his rifle and checked the weapon one last time before the inevitable. His HUD gave him a readout of his altitude, and Valerian watched as the counter dwindled from a thousand meters to a few hundred, to a hundred, to just a dozen, and in a half a heartbeat after, the impact of the pod against the hard earth of Mandalore shook the entire craft. All around he could feel the impact of other pods all around, and his comms lit up with a slew of responses.

For a second, all was still, and another heartbeat later the young man was on his feet, and the pilot smashed his fist on a button that jettisoned the pods doors, opening the battlefield to the soldiers of Clan Calore. Chaos reigned all around as the newcomers joined the fight eagerly, falling in step with their fellow Mando'ade who'd weathered the storm for so long; a fresh wave of iron and plasma standing against the near infinite wave of Sith monsters.

Valerian grunted as he stepped over the body of a fallen Graug, letting his rifle sing her song as he let bolts of yellow plasma free, watching with grim satisfaction as more than one of the infernal creatures fell against him. For a few stunning moments, the alor felt the tide give as he watched one of the massive Sith ships groan and cry out in agony before crashing into the surface of his home, in that moment, incensed by the fall of such a machine, the Mandalorians pushed a few steps further before the fight ground to a halt once more. But horde never stopped, they never even so much as glanced at the machine as it struck the earth. These monsters lived for a fight, and in his core he knew that they'd win or die, not a thought of surrender in any of their Sith rotten brains.

Thankfully, Valerian and his drop troopers weren't the sole contribution of the clan for much longer: dropships bearing his signet landed every which place they could, pouring out their complement of warriors before returning to the fleet to complete the trip once more. Fighters in their dozens streaked through the air, strafing the mass of Graug and lashing out against the other World Despoilers where they could, hoping to chip away the machines imposing defenses.

As more and more fresh bodies joined the fight Valerian saw Graugs fall in greater numbers than before, falling to rockets and plasma, some brave Mandalorians even going so far as to bury their kals and beskades into the hearts and heads of their foe, each of them crying out battle cries that died as quickly as they rose, drowned out by the clash of the two armies.

Mia swore under her breath as skeletons began to shamble out of the rift she'd torn open. One hand tightened the tornado's grip rising her further into the air, the other extended to the undead destructive energy rolling from her fingers. They became ash and dust, caught in the raging wind.

"Look around Iuuna Talon Iuuna Talon the nether has already claimed its blood penance for crimes committed by my kin. You want more? You will not have it. Not while I am still breathing."

She lifted her higher, rising her up above the city before letting go and letting her plummet towards the ground. The noise coming from the rift adding to her rage. Rage against the sith, rage against her vode for their stupidity but most of all, rage against herself.

She watched Iuuna fall, and somewhere from beyond the rift, she thought she heard Galeth. Maybe it was in her own head, but either way it cut through her.

"Haar'chak."

The tornado rose again, snaking upward to meet the falling Echani.

Vaux looked to the point, nodding before igniting the Flare, its swirl of misaligned energy warping around the core blade and ready just incase anything got close. She wasn't sure how well she'd fair if one of those big things got close though. Wasn't like her little trophy had proven to have the best cutting power. She'd be at the ready, but this would be a fight and a half if those things made it up the outcrop that seemed to be the main position. Then.... Oh this was just beautiful. She put away the lightsaber and quickly grabbed one of the rifles and quickly testing the weight and balance.

"Oh.... Me likey. Good luck getting this one back vod." She looked out, quickly taking aim at one of the Graug and firing, watching her target drop. "Recoilless too? Now you're just spoiling u...." She then heard a crash, looking up to see two of those harvester ships coming down. "Yeah! We might have this yet!" She'd aim down the scope again, and start firing a few more blasts, pegging either a Graug or sithspawn with each shot. Then she heard a call above. She looked up, seeing one of those flying beasts trying to attack the outcrop. She whipped around, firing at the creature and bringing it down. Osik, this thing was way better than a lightsaber.

@Arla Susni Daesyn Rodarch Daesyn Rodarch Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Mia Monroe Mia Monroe Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel Ordo Ordo Keratel Rekali Keratel Rekali Minerva Fhirdiad Minerva Fhirdiad Drego Ruus Drego Ruus Sula Skirata Sula Skirata Shev Skirata Shev Skirata Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex Quintessa Quintessa Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf Iuuna Talon Iuuna Talon

DpPhpKp.png

Mandalore
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Ship: Link
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber
Tag: Arla Rodarch Arla Rodarch Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf Mia Monroe Mia Monroe

As expected, her sudden arrival had caught the beasts by surprise. A first volley of cannon fire mixed with cluster missiles and bombs tore their way through ranks of Sith beasts, but it still wasn't enough. Several drakes turned around and coordinated their efforts to go after the Jedi Master. Or, rather, someone else had commanded them to target her. Bioplasma shots passed by on every side, and while she attempted to avoid as many as she could with the Force as her guide, she could not evade all.

Slowly but surely, her shield strength was deteriorating.

To make matters much worse, Valery felt a sudden tremor in the Force, followed by an unearthly growl. She looked over her shoulder and even without sensors, she could see the massive beast rising from the ground. Her eyes widened for a moment, but then focused as she determined her plan.

That thing could not be allowed to roam.

<Going in,> Valery reported to whoever was listening and coordinating down below. Her X-wing took a sharp turn and spun around, cannons blaring and ripping apart a formation of drakes to allow her a path forward. Valery let out a breath then, switched back to her cluster-missiles, and fired off another.

Whatever that thing was, she'd pelt it with dozens of powerful explosions from above. Her cannons roared at the same time, sending streaks of red lights across the terrain and into its flesh.

Shev Skirata

You can come in warm, or come in cold.
Shev dodged and weaved as much as his ancient Y-wing would allow. It was a nimble ship for its time but hairpin turns and stunning displays of airborne agility it would not do. However, it could do fairly well and even if it was nonleathal for ships, ion cannos still left a mark of fleshy bits. And flying death lizards had some fleshy bits.

He juked and weaved.

Weaved and juked.

Tossed in a barrel roll or two and finally lined up for another run as the ever witty Sula Skirata Sula Skirata had ever more wit to wit in his direction as wittily as she could, which was not at all.

"Drop it as I pull up. And don't miss."

"Your buir missed." He said in his helmet before he opened the comms. "Right behind you."

He lined up the shot for the wet hole she had burned into the hydra like feth off lizard.

He fired just before she pulled up and the warhead blasted deep into the hydras back hole and...

WHOMP!

The back of the beast's insides became outsides and he started to look for another loving caring creature hopefully named fluffy to talk about his feelings to.

"Direct hit." He said before adding likely to his regret, "This is the way."

Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf (hope that was ok.)

Not one to panic, Iuuna utilized ice to form both a barrier and a way to push away from the tornado inching closer to Mia but not quite close enough for her to strike. "The Nether has claimed nothing, for you yet live, having escaped your tomb." How many more souls would die to the Mandalorians now that they seek to unite once more. "I will have it, and you shall be returned from whence you came. You are no better than the undead shambles that crawl across hyperspace as we speak,"

Rage, such a pity, Iuuna had known rage but such a time had passed. Manipulating the rift, she tore it open and summoned creatures of the Netherworld. She whispered spells in her native language, such spells demanded the Nether claim what it was owed and the hordes would have their payment. Using the ice that was at her command she rose up higher, both hands manipulating the rift, spells being spoken as creatures and abominations from the Nether began to spill out into the city. "I have told you, Mia Monroe."

"I will know of you, for each moment you live - for every voice of my people silenced. A soul to be paid, flesh for flesh, blood for blood." Iuuna was a woman on a mission, around her she could hear those cry out. "and now Keldabe will pay your penance, a toll exacted for your very existence."

Mia Monroe Mia Monroe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom