Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How does your character do romance?

Sir Hammerlock

S
How does Sir Hammerlock do romance you might ask yourself?

He does it like a Gentleman; the only way he knows how. First he takes them on a tour in a carriage. He drops his coat on a puddle of water so that the Lady may walk across it. Then there's tea. Always tea. Followed off by a nice night at the theater and finished with a peck on the cheek at the door. That is because Sir Hammerlock respects the young lady and does not expect the screen to go to black that quickly.

Rebellious Vanguard
This should fairly obvious.

With liquor. And preferably no clothing. Ventasia is very easy going...Maybe.
Oh, and you need luck. Lots, and lots, and lots, and lots....you get the point.

Guess she kinda doesn't do romance. Expect with the lucky ones, that is.

In Umbris Potestas Est
Ventasia Terana said:
This should fairly obvious.

With liquor. And preferably no clothing. Ventasia is very easy going...Maybe.
Oh, and you need luck. Lots, and lots, and lots, and lots....you get the point.

Guess she kinda doesn't do romance. Expect with the lucky ones, that is.
Wut about me :(

Some pleasant conversation, maybe some excitement (Don't use your dirty minds here. That comes LATER), a little dinner date maybe, maybe watch some TV under the blankets together, and then... Well... Will have to see how that goes.

If I may offer my two cents... *clears throat*

Both Thurion Heavenshield and his brother, @[member="Thyrian Ashborn"], have love interests. I started out Thurion as a seven-year-old Jedi Padawan under the care of one @[member="Asha Seren"], and they were/are like mother and son. Signs of affection were common place between the two, with little Thurion holding her hand and wanting to remain close to her at all time. Later he met @[member="Kida Ravos"], a little girl able to shapeshift into a Daux cat. They would, too, show affection towards eachother and come to love one another, hugging and kissing in the way that little children would, mostly for the cuddling aspect of it. Yet another girl entered Thurion's life in the form of young Kära Vi'dreya, now Sith Master @[member="Darth Kyros"], and they would also spend time with eachother and become attached. But their love is more of a platonic one, instead taking the form of deep friendship.

Little Kära would then go on from there to rise through the ranks of the Sith, all while commanding the now giant man-on-fire Thyrian Ashborn, who had been experimented on and engineered by Sith scientists. To make sure he'd remain loyal to her, she entered his mind and successfully subjugated him to her will, all while she was at age 10. Thus he has been at her side throughout her career and the larger part of her life. He loves her immensely, but one might argue it is because of his subjugation by her hand. It might have been what triggered it, but it has taken on a form of its own in recent years. She means everything to him, mostly because she is everything he's got and because of everything they have been through. Coupled with the fact that he could never touch her without running the risk of incinerating her, and the fact that he could never learn to love himself, there's alot going on emotionally between the two despite Kära's often cold and calculating nature.

Where I'm going with all of this is that nothing is certain when it comes to love, whether you plan it or not. My secret? All of my characters' love interests are role-played by the same person, who happens to be my real-life girlfriend. We know eachother inside-out by now, so we can plan out our characters in great detail and dedicate a lot of time to their backstories and current stories alike. None of the romances going on between our characters are forced upon, but flow in a natural way. I know this may not serve as a great, or even good, example on how to deal with love between two characters, so the only thing I can offer as general advise on the topic is to let it happen naturally; do what your character would do in every situation, and if your character is based on yourself, then do what you would do in that situation. All writers pour themselves into their work and characters in some way, some more than others. But do not force love upon your characters just for the sake of bragging rights or simply "just because". As we've all heard many times before, or know from experience, love is not a simple thing and should not be taken lightly. It can take on many different forms and shapes, and can also shape people into, hopefully, better people.

So what I'm saying is, don't bother yourselves with finding someone to love, 'cause it'll happen on its own before you know it. This goes for the real world, as well. ;)

How does ol' Ordo handle romance?

He would fight it at first maybe for a while. Then he'd entertain the thought feel guilty and fight the idea some more. Then when he was no longer able to avoid it he would either give in or cut and run. So it would be a slow process.
However, if she kicked his tail she would be in quick.

@[member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

Lo and behold, thou hitteth the nail on the head :p Sadly from my P.O.V love is a difficult thing for each of my characters to come to terms with, to live with or to express. Kära (Kyros) has had a rough time, she practically raised herself from the age of six and before then her life with her parents had been rather abusive - she had never been around the concept of love, and the only time her parents brought it up with her they tried to end her life - yeah, great. Not a good start. As such she's fiercely independent, and doesn't know how to handle the gentler nature shown by @[member='Thyrian Ashborn']. It makes her push him away, even be extremely harsh toward him. In fact the only time she had ever shown any tender side was when dealing with Thurion, Thyrian's brother. It wasn't romantic in any way, but it was still present.

Then we have Asha, who fell in love too soon and lost it all in one fell swoop - namely with the loss of her son, @[member='Cassus'], at the hands of one @[member='Kaine Zambrano']. At this point her marriage to @[member='Tracyn Ordo'] all but disintegrated; he would be gone for months at a time, he'd take it out on the Galaxy, killing those he deemed bad, etc. And the time she finally confronted him about it all? The time everything was out in the air and it looked as though things between the pair of them would get better? Kaine and @[member='Jacen Cavill'] cause an explosion moments after she leaves, feigning her death.

Finally there's little Dauxy, or @[member='Kida Ravos']. She's a feral, mute little girl raised by animals. Literally. Only recently has she begun to 'walk', requiring the hand of another for support, and speak, if you count "Jaa" and other half-words/noises as such. She has no real way of showing any form of affection, both toward @[member='Jaxton Ravos'], her Guardian, or Thurion, her soul mate, so to speak. She tries, sometimes she succeeds, but it can become extremely infuriating for her, being as she is - she doesn't even understand the feelings she experiences.

So why is my view of these relationships so contrasting to those raised by Thurion? It's the same relationship, Thurion's aspect is still true, yet the dynamics show that love isn't something out of a film, it doesn't always work so smoothly in practise and each couple has their own difficulties. So to build upon Thurion's two cents of not forcing it, I also want to add: don't presume it's going to be sunshine, rainbows and lollipops, because life doesn't work like that. You need to grow into a relationship, not simply expect it to be perfect from the off.

Siobhan is a married woman. Her walking down the aisle came as a surprise to me. I do wonder sometimes why @[member="Tegaea Alcori"] has stuck with her.

As for how she handles it, she vacillates between very devoted and affectionate and terribly codependent, clingy and self-centred!

Not Ordo

Just under the upper hand.
Ahhh .... l'amour .... le seul sentiment qui peut mondes ou briser pour toujours, mais l'amour et la romance sont différents, non.

I avoid IC relationships. The chance of Kalordo's story being a comedy rather than a tragedy is quite small.

For Arluna romance just kinda happens. She lets them make the first move. If eventually the other person goes MIA, I improvise how that happened. To Arluna emotional pain is an emotion to overcome. I just go with the flow.

Akodya Mune

A
I'm gonna answer this one seriously now;
I never really planned for Akodya to ever be in a romantic relationship with anyone because I just didn't think it fitted her personality. Someone touching her without permission is her biggest pet peeve and crude comments are a massive turn off for her (Akodya has no idea how to flirt lolol) I think if she ever fell for anyone it would have to be a person that values her opinions and ideals and not just on her looks. She would have to know the person for a long time and trusts them before she falls in love, not a 'love at first sight' thing. But when she does eventually fall she's gonna fall hard...and be in denial about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom