Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How does your character do romance?

Dells has had her heart broken. All of her men abandon her. I don't see her ever in a romantic relationship like some of my other characters, but it works for her. RP romances are another layer to the cake, but even without it that cake is pretty tasty ;)

Romance is just another progression step for the character. Romance shouldn't always have to be ooey-gooey, 'I'm in love and we're in love, and the whole world is in love!!!' scenarios.

Romance can lead to the death of a character.
It can be their greatest strength, or their greatest weakness.
Romance can be completely one sided.
Romance can consist of more than one other interest, o_O and cause tensions between characters.

I mean, who would Daenerys Targaryen be, had she not met the Khal, and all the events that trailed after? Still a scared little girl, under the thumb of her abusive brother.
How would Han Solo have escaped from carbonite, if someone didn't love him enough to set up a rescue mission and save him?
What about Simba without Nala?
Katnis without Peta?
Thor without Jane?

Romance isn't always necessary, but it does open up doors to help us connect more with our characters and even bring in a sense of humanity to them. Romance should add another flavor to the story, not take away from it. Romance takes time in real life, take time with it when writing your characters.

Ultimately, it's another tool for development. Why not use it? Whether or not that's with another PC or NPCd.

I take the man and lift him over my shoulder. Then we go back to my throne room and commence with the snu snu. Whether he lives or dies matters little since it is a hell of a ride.

No romance is and can be fun when done right with both writers working together.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
YOU AND ME BABY AINT NUTHIN BUT MAMMALS
SO LETS DO IT LIKE THEY DO ON THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL
WUB WUB WUB (insert inevitable Skrillex remix here)

Ashelotte and @[member="Circe Savan"] kinda have a Bonnie and Clyde thing going on, come to think of it. Only instead of stealing money, she steals your decency! xD
I'm just kidding, I luv u bby! xDDDDDDD lel
No, but seriously, PC relationships - if kept up with and genuinely cared for as writers- can lead to some of the most climactic and intriguingly dramatic plot devices around.
Alachei and Javir almost had a thing... then he went awol. Now I had to virtually go all around it ever happening, like they never crushed on each other. So, yeah, dedication to plot and activity is a must, though good communication with the other writer is alao good.

Steph Zenima said:
nopenopenopenopenope
O bby, I giv joo 2 @[member="Aken Bosch"]

Delila Castillon said:
Dells has had her heart broken. All of her men abandon her. I don't see her ever in a romantic relationship like some of my other characters, but it works for her. RP romances are another layer to the cake, but even without it that cake is pretty tasty ;)
You'd be surprised who might be interested. Sometimes the total opposite is the perfect match.

Ashelotte Saybin said:
YOU AND ME BABY AINT NUTHIN BUT MAMMALS
SO LETS DO IT LIKE THEY DO ON THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL
WUB WUB WUB (insert inevitable Skrillex remix here)

Ashelotte and @[member="Circe Savan"] kinda have a Bonnie and Clyde thing going on, come to think of it. Only instead of stealing money, she steals your decency! xD
I'm just kidding, I luv u bby! xDDDDDDD lel
Luv u 2 bby <3

Anemone Nivalis

M.D., Expert Trauma Surgeon
How does Anemone do romance? Very awkwardly. It involves a lot running away. And a lot of kicking herself in the ass. And hiding behind her phoney sister. Just ask @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"].

Come on, people! She's a socially awkward surgeon with basically no life! How do you think she handles it?

Anemone Nivalis said:
How does Anemone do romance? Very awkwardly. It involves a lot running away. And a lot of kicking herself in the ass. And hiding behind her phoney sister. Just ask @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"].

Come on, people! She's a socially awkward surgeon with basically no life! How do you think she handles it?
/me wants to add you to my group of people I love

Nyxie

【夢狐】
@[member="Circe Savan"] I don't kill handicaps. (ooooooooooooh, it went there!)
LOLJK.
Ven is the only exception. Tracyn is...... yeaaaah. Everyone else was a ONS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom