Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How does your character do romance?

Veevleigh

Pink Perfumed Slicer Waif
I've not been here long enough to decide quite how Rainbow would be in a relationship, but on other boards, I tend to just let things play out. I never try to plan a relationship with a character or pick somebody in advance, I like to just RP threads and see what happens. I find my characters live and breathe a little bit independent of me, and sometimes they won't have chemistry with somebody I expected them to, or sparks will fly with somebody I never foresaw.

Rainbow Flowers said:
I've not been here long enough to decide quite how Rainbow would be in a relationship, but on other boards, I tend to just let things play out. I never try to plan a relationship with a character or pick somebody in advance, I like to just RP threads and see what happens. I find my characters live and breathe a little bit independent of me, and sometimes they won't have chemistry with somebody I expected them to, or sparks will fly with somebody I never foresaw.
I wish I could give my characters such freedom... But I can't. Because I don't have the skill... :p

Well in most RP situations you have 100 guy characters that regardless of their alignment/faction/whatever will throw everything to the side to play "White Knight" and save the pretty girl hoping for possible romance. In reality it's much harder to develop a romance that lasts on an RP unless there is steady contact and posts to reinforce it.

With Tyr-Kyr I dont really know how it would go. When I used him as a master on Legacy he was married and had a kid(which turned evil!!) and it added an extra layer of depth to his character. When he died he did so for his wife which is a good way to go out. Perhaps I will start one on here but it would have to be with someone that Tyr-Kyr already has a deep relationship with.

Christian Slade

In Darkness I Thrive
I've said it before. Don't try buying or advertising it. You have to let it develop on it's own. It feels so much more natural and is MUCH more rewarding to both you and your character if you just write what you want to write, what you feel and what you need to write and when another character arises and shows interest, explore that if you like the attention your character is getting.

I've seen more than once where someone has advertised to get family members and convinced others to create characters for a relationship and it rarely ever works out well. Either the writer they get stops writing and loses interest or the characters grow and develop, which they will and should do uniquely and apart from one another, and they become two very different characters that just don't work. That, or you end up getting someone who already has a character and they end up not working out because you attempted to arrange it and again it feels unnatural.

If you really think about it, you need to treat your characters relationship like a real relationship. Sure, someone might find the love of their life on some internet site, but all the factors that applied to them do not apply to yours and someone else's fictional characters who didn't fill out a bunch of information in order for someone to arrange something with someone else based on compatibility. Let it be natural. Just wait till it happens as a result of your story.

For the record, I'm single IRL and refuse to use an internet site to meet women. It was just an example. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom