Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How does your character do romance?

Marmora

M
Well with Esme its.

<Lengthened fade to black with random noises from showing explanations>

And that's how Esme does romance.

Lots of replies. Interesting answers. And now:
Maybe after a certain number of posts, I'll show yall the key to Daella's heart.
And here's the answer:
There is no key.

There is no easy way to her heart.

And should a Member be smart enough to figure it out and game the system, I'll use my executive powers as the Writer of Daella is veto it.

you_get_nothing_you_lose_good_day_sir-103994.gif

Of course, that doesn't mean romance is a complete non-option for Daella. This is how I handle it, and I'll explain what's been shown so far in role-plays:
  • Daella isn't looking for love. Period. I think this is pretty obvious if one reads my posts.
  • There is little discernible physical attraction. She's never expressed a fondness for someone's appearance or a desire for someone based on looks, nor does she return casual flirts.
So, what's everyone interested supposed to do? Well, just talk with Daella. Interact with the girl. Build a friendship. If Daella isn't looking and physical attraction won't work, then simply building a social relationship might.

Unless the character in question is a heretic. In which case, convert or burn!

Good way to handle it, @[member="Daella Apparine"].

I've played this character, Janus Rogo, for about eight or nine years now, starting him out in a Cyberpunk Mercenaries PnP RPG. I really enjoy playing him. The few times romance came up, it took a while of prodding at. The most notable one was a relationship with an alien bounty hunter, where they spent months as the most morally bankrupt members of a... Well. That's storytiming. Not the point of this, huh?

Short version of it? I take a calm, easy route with Janus. Anyone that wants to initiate a romance with him will have to work at it, interacting regularly with him. If he reciprocates, he cozies up nicely and can be fairly affectionate. Tends to push for improvements.

@[member="Rasho the Hutt"] Seems legit.

As for Tamara...she doesn't. Unlike certain others of my characters which like...romance...or who are just deluding themselves that they're not interested, Tamara just isn't concerned with it. If she found the right person, maybe, but that's a big maybe.

Risk and reward is the name of the game.

Well rounded characters with their own agendas are a must.

Don't get me started on the crap where characters fall in love in the space of one thread. I can understand a love at first sight scenario in real life, but it is a damn boring story to write and read.

Good romance in literature requires characters that should not be together, either because of their families, circumstances, attitudes, etc etc etc...without going into the melodrama. Realistic people and responses.

I am one of those people that turns TV off after the two leads have finally 'done it' because the fun part is all the flirtation and the build up. The will they won't they. Every character that I have had find someone they loved has died soon afterwards...true love is like a curse to drama because people are so damn forgiving in a decent relationship!

Well it would be without some difficulty as given his aversion to getting close too close anyone. But not impossible...having rp him for quite sometime now. There been couple so near miss and one exeption that i am current work on.......
But for what its worth.....Ronin doen't do romance all too easily because i rather have it done. With bit of lengthy history rp and not just a one time deal....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom