Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion How do we feel about the new rules updates?

Aside from Annihilations, I’m pretty sure I’ve gotten our answer on that already.

How’s invasions? Do they hit harder, do they feel more balanced, do you feel like you’re getting your bang for your buck.

Rebellions, too confusing? Interesting? Satisified with the chaotic mechanics?

Diplomacy/Junctions, how we feelin? How bout them crazy Mandates.

Hit us back with some feedback, Chaos, now’s your opportunity to discuss what you like (or more likely) hate about the new rules implemented in December up to now.

Second King of The Elysium Empire
Ban Appeals: Good, not a necessary move by staff, so it's appreciated.

Diplomacy changes: Bad. The capital movement part is good, but the rest of these changes were bad.

Major Capital Hex Rule Change: Neutral

OOC Drama Martial Law Declared: Very bad. I hate drama. However this makes it too easy for one-time offenders to be punished severely. This is slightly balanced by Ban appeals, but it's still a bad change

Mandate Update: Neutral.

OOC Invasion Negotiations: Good. Some people just cannot avoid drama. It's a good idea to allow the invitation of a moderator, and this is a better step to combat drama than the drama martial law.

Cloudbreaking: Neutral

The Faction Movement: This was unnecessary. It literally just moved factions, made them look a little cleaner, and added a banner option on profile pages. The organization is better, which is good, but the amount of work that came with it was not worth the change in my opinion. The resource section on factions was taken out and may not return, which is very bad because that was the best part of the changes.

Shatterpoint Delay: Excellent call.

Character Creation Replies Locked: Neutral. It makes recruiting harder but it's nice for people that don't want replies on their pages.

Hybrid Support Rewrite: Good.

Discord Advertising Ban: Neutral

Rebellion and Invasion Updates: Beautiful.

skin, bone, and arrogance
Junctions are cool. I'm a fan. It's opened the door to more cross-faction interaction by rewarding it with bits of paint on the map, which is A+.

I like the cloudbreaking/dom-dodging rule; it is long overdue, in my opinion.

I'm not a fan of the changes to the Rebellion rules (particularly splash damage and the convoluted voting) because you're just taking a set of subjective criteria, being applied by a judge accountable to no one, and leaving potentially significant consequences at the mercy of a judge's whims. Applying the realpolitik reasons for these changes, while not applying them to other aspects of the map game, makes Rebellions a really unbalanced part of it. The fact that these rulings are unappealable makes it even more unbalanced. It's all risk, no reward for the major and all reward, no risk for the minor.

Mandates are a fun twist on the map game but it does feel like mandates should be vetted a better before implementation. I can think of at least two that were removed, one because the obvious consequences didn't seem to be fully considered and another because it was apparently confusing about how it was supposed to work.

The rest, I don't feel strongly about. Broadly speaking, I think the OOC conduct changes have signaled an intent to make this place less toxic, which is nice.

Honestly....I've been skeptical about the direction of Chaos and stagnation...but these few tweaks, I feel, have really changed the game. I feel staff have gone above and beyond with these changes, incredibly so! I appreciate the diligence to keep our safety a priority, and the assurance that you guys have our best interest at heart. People are gonna be bullies on the internet, it's hard not to have them, but words are words, and I feel like if something truly serious were to take place, Staff will make sure to do something about it.
I take back a lot of opinions, I see Chaos moving forward in a good way. There appears to be more of a sandbox feel to Chaos, more so than ever. There's a place for everyone, faction threads for violence, faction threads for peaceful solutions, faction threads to work together and gain together, it's a good mix. Something for everyone.

I absolutely adore Junctions, easily one of the best things to come out of rule changes lately. They allow for great cooperative writing between factions, even who are at war IC, simply because they don't have the same impact (and therefore less salt) than invasions.

I'm also a big fan of the diplomacy rules change, very excited to see the first capital change thread, whenever that will be.

I think most everyone who regularly partakes in invasions has seen the salt and what it's capable of doing/destroying. Im quite thankful for new rules surrounding invasions, and I look forward to more cooperation OOC between factions, even if they don't like eachother.

Mostly indifferent on some of the minor stuff, though discord advertising bans kinda suck. I could also just be really bad at recruiting people to factions.

I'm fine or, at the very most, ambivalent on most of the rule changes. Rebellion rules, though, seem to be pretty all over the place, like three people had three very different ideas and instead of just choosing one or discarding all of them and figuring out something different all three were just Frankensteined into one rule change.

Edit: to be clear, I'm also pretty ambivalent on rebellions because the only time they'll happen now is when a faction with that rebellion mandate invades someone

One of the newer features I'm not the biggest fan of is us not able to view other characters' Previous Names. It was a feature that I thought was really cool and allowed you to see if the char might have changed names due to a story plot (for example, Jedi Bla Bla now is named Darth Bla Bla), or if it is now a wholw new character entirely.

Not sure why this one got removed, but it would be nice to see it come back.

Tefka Tefka

b4cf477c446fe52139abb5027a0102f0.png

I cannot view previous names either but I sort of like it. It makes it easier to move your character into the new direction without people constantly thinking of it as the old. It's also nice for OOC accounts like this one that change as people's interests change. Just because you registered as "#1 Supernatural Fan" doesn't mean you always have to be thought of that way if the show ends after 15 years in a heartbreaking way. #StillBitter

Tefka Tefka For me, I am unable to view it unless I have access to that character’s account. I was talking about being able to view other people’s previous names.

I really only need Staff to be able to do it but I'll look into enabling it for everyone.

I cannot view previous names either but I sort of like it. It makes it easier to move your character into the new direction without people constantly thinking of it as the old. It's also nice for OOC accounts like this one that change as people's interests change. Just because you registered as "#1 Supernatural Fan" doesn't mean you always have to be thought of that way if the show ends after 15 years in a heartbreaking way. #StillBitter

I kind of agree with this but I also want everyone to know that Mr. Iama Totalcreep isn't utilizing tools given by me to benefit from his time at Chaos, and is in fact a total creep.

Total freedom will never exist because of the degen crowd.

I kind of agree with this but I also want everyone to know that Mr. Iama Totalcreep isn't utilizing tools given by me to benefit from his time at Chaos, and is in fact a total creep.

Total freedom will never exist because of the degen crowd.

I mean I agree with this, but if said person is creepy enough that the community needs to know that said creep is using a new name, same account....he probably shouldn't be here to begin with right? Or am I understanding what you said wrong? Which case, sorry!!

Erika Sin Erika Sin
Some people act in a way that is uncomfortable for some people without actually doing anything that would need them to be banned, by showing their history of name changes that would prevent people from accidentally reacquainting with people they were trying to avoid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom