Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Engines Screaming [SJC - Nooli]

Zenda nodded. As much as she wanted to continue speaking with the boy, Subject 648 Slipknot Subject 648 Slipknot was right. "We'll talk later. Keep me posted," she said, handing him a comlink—she always kept at least two on her in case of situations like this—and helping the wounded man to her ship. "Almost there," the Knight said softly once they were a few meters away. She opened the ramp, preparing to get the man up into the ship so she could take him up to the fleet.

Objective 3- BYOO: Survive
Tags: Zenda Tano-Bonteri Zenda Tano-Bonteri , Open

Slip nodded to her, and took the commlink that she handed him. "Alright, I'll be sure to keep in touch." He affirmed. "Oh, and tell Kuxirra I said hi. I think I've been rubbing off on her, and she's gotten some of my anxieties and hallucinations. Has she told you about her visions, or would it be better to call them hallucinations? Whatever, I'm rambling, just tell her I said hi and that I'm alive and fine.:

Slip watched as Mrs. Tano-Bonteri helped the injured man to the ship. The other crew mates followed after her into the ship. Then, the Captain from the freighter turned back to look at Slip. "Hey kid, be careful out there. If you see one of those starweird things, run. I say what you did back there; you saved our lives fighting that thing. It was impressive, and brave, but you nearly died doing it. I'm not sure if you could survive another encounter like that." She told him.

Slip chuckled lightly. "I'll be sure to be careful. And don't worry, I'm stronger than I look." He replied.

The Captain nodded. "Take care of yourself, kid." She said, before walking up the ramp into the ship.

As Zenda helped the wounded man into the ship, and the other crewmates were stepping into the ship, Slip turned around, away from the ship, and saw the shadow man sitting on top of the escape pod. Slip walked over to him. The shadow man was just sitting there, silently, staring out at the crashed freighter in the distance. Slip could see what he only assumed were flames burning in the crashed ship, as the fuel lines caught fire.

"What is it?" Slip asked him.

Then, the shadow man slowly turned to Slip. Then, Slip realized the truth.

This wasn't the shadow man.

This was a different one. A completely other one.

The shadow person stared at Slip. He felt a terrible feeling in the pit of his stomach. Was that... dread?

"It was 4 years after the Battle of Jakku," The new shadow person said, his voice deep. As he spoke, a strange sound seemed to play on loop. A weird, rhythmic sound. Slip had no idea what that could be. "Our ship was stationed in Fondor and was equipped to quickly jump in and out of hyperspace to continuously surprise attack the enemy, and to produce an electromagnetic field that would render us invisible to the enemy and their scanners." The new shadow person told him.

"What happened instead, we were instantly teleported to Naboo," New Shadow Man continued. "And in that process my shipmates fused into the hull of the ship. Embedded in the metal, screaming for help. I was destroyed. Over the centuries, I was forced to regain my physicality."

Slip stared at him for a second, processing what he just said. "What... what is that supposed to mean?" Slip asked him.

The New Shadow Man smiled, a wide, almost maniacal grin. "Oh, nothing, just telling you this story I heard." He said, still smiling.

"Oh, and stop calling me New Shadow Man. You know I'm in your head. Stop calling me that. I'd prefer a different name." He said.

"What... what do you want me to call you?"

"You may call me Mischief." He told Slip, his grin getting even wider, before he suddenly disappeared.

Slip was shaking. What the hell was that? What had he just encountered? Was that truly a new figment of his own brain, or was that something more, something different? Slip was seriously shaken by that encounter.

Slip shook his head, trying to shake out what just happened. But it wouldn't leave him. He was wondering what the hell had just happened, and something inside him was begging for him to find out.

He shook his head again. Whatever, he had to concentrate on his mission. He could figure out what happened after he completed his mission.

Slip then started walking through the barren moonscape, making his way towards the wreck of the ship. Either he would find the survivors, or those monsters called starweirds would find him first.

It was a race towards a goal Slip couldn't even see.

Be careful what you wish for.

IT'S ALWAYS DARKEST BEFORE THE DAWN...

53950.gif

Equipment:
Conservator and Vanguard 2.0 (Lightsabers)
Comm-link, Rebreather, Custom Robes
Starship: Starlight Sentinel, (Dilorian in cargo bay)
Companion: Astromech R01R - "Roller", Pilot droid Mu51c - "Music"
Tag: Mathieu Brion Mathieu Brion Zenda Tano-Bonteri Zenda Tano-Bonteri

Wait? Nooli? We're still doing this? Oh well. Anyway, Caltin was walking slowly down one of the hallways, a small group of Padawans in tow when they came across a blood-curdling, ear-piercing scream. Several of the Padawans were crumbling to the floor, Caltin was on his knees as well when he saw it. An ethereal, type of almost otherworldly being. Reaching out through the Force, he immobilized it through Stasis. The Starweird tried repeatedly and failed to break free only to scream louder.

I CAN HELP YOU IF YOU!

~"Please! What is it you want?"~

The scream was all but killing his senses when he heard something else.

"....Killing us...."

What?

... YET THE DAWN ALWAYS COMES.
ZhUyygm.png

Objective A: In the rear, with the gear.
Allies: Ura Iolar Ura Iolar Liram Angellus Liram Angellus
Location: Tritones II-class Heavy Cruiser Paladin's Commitment accompanied by Martan-series Carrier Corvette Rescue Two and Catalina-class Light Corvettes Blue One and Blue Two

"Paladin's Commitment this is Resurgent Three. How many freighters are you picking up? Sunrise lost her scanners a couple of minutes ago."

"Resurgent Three, we have four vessels recovered so far, another one inbound with partial assistance from towing vessel....Admiral, your orders?"

"Dispatch Blue Two to the Sunrise to act as her eyes."

"Aye sir...I'll let'em know right now....Resurgent Three, corvette Blue One is inbound to your position to assist..."

As the communication's officer spoke to the Yurbian, the admiral watched a CUV struggle to pull in a disabled HT-2200 that had only its portside engines working. What could have caused this? So far, the man from Hast was betting on a freak ion storm. Yet he couldn't discount other possibilities - arcane Force techniques wielded by a powerful Sith or even more likely demonstration of an experimental weapon like a pulse ion cannon. But does it really matter so long as it doesn't occur again? There's no deaths noted...at least so far...The man frowned.

"What are you thinking about?" asked Ariela.

"What caused this. I don't have any convincing answers yet."

"It's not your job, not strictly speaking," reminded the HRD.

"Still, it's not something we'd prefer to not know. Do we have any Excursors on standby?"

"We do."

"Lets dispatch them and see what happens..."

Last edited:
Remain steadfast and you are never without hope

GAME ON YAKHEAD!
54429.gif

LOCAL TIME: 1900 hours
BASED:
The Carrier "Liberation"
ORDERS: Search for and assist survivors
WINGMATES: Gir Quee Gir Quee Ura Iolar Ura Iolar

"CONN/COMMO"

"Go ahead, Commo."

"We're getting reports of the disabled ships, all seem to be having system issues, and none of them are consistent."

"None are consistent?" Halpern asked.

"Well no, sir." The ensign pointed to some of the schematics sent in. "Some are having complete system shutdown. Some are having portside problems, some are having fore issues, some aft. It was like a bomb that went off."

"SENSOR/COMMO"

"Go ahead, Sensor." Halpern responded.

"Sirs, we've been running scans since we got here. There are no residual traces of any incendiary devices of any kind. No traces of ion, EMP, or any type."

Liram was just watching out over the theater, fighters were running patrols, some seemed to be slower than others, not necessarily noticeable to a fleet officer, but to a pilot, it was clear as day. In some areas, they were struggling, and some they were overpowered. Those areas of struggle were close to the disabled ships. There had to be some kind of connection. If there were no ion or EMP traces, what was the issue?

Commo, contact Master Vanagor on that station. See if he's picking anything up. Maybe this is related to their little "Force" jazz. Sensors, send what you have to "The Paladdin" along with the issues our fighter patrols are having."

"Aye sir"

"Aye sir"

"You think this is something else, Captain?" Halpern was curious. He had seen a lot in his time, but this is something definitely above his paygrade.

"Not sure, yet. One thing I know is that my great gr.. whatever Arestul trusted him. I will."

Filler Text

sjogrungesmol1.png

Objective A: In the rear, with the gear.
Allies: Ura Iolar Ura Iolar Liram Angellus Liram Angellus
Tritones II-class Heavy Cruiser Paladin's Commitment accompanied by Martan-series Carrier Corvette Rescue Two and Catalina-class Light Corvettes Blue One and Blue Two

A flurry of Excursors jetted out of the sides of the Commitment before spreading out to map and survey the surrounding space. Eventually, the droids would be able to form a surveillance network across the system that might help detect any remaining drifting vessels or whatever had caused the anomaly. Yet that would take time, and the admiral was not sure he would be able to personally overseer that task. He pressed his lips together as he considered his options. Delgado might be a good fit for this...patient and interested in stellar science...but he may too far away to immediately start working on this. Ri perhaps? He would have consider his options more. Ariela brushed up against him.

"Thinking too hard, aren't you?"

Gir didn't bother to give the replica droid a glance but did let a wan smile spread across his face, "That's my job, believe it or not. I think I'm going to have to have Ri follow-up on this."

"Kind of junior for this, wouldn't he be?"

"But he's close by and readily available."

"Well, he'll need a base of operations if the Commitment isn't here."

"What about the station?"

"You mean the space station that doesn't have power."

He sighed, "That would be useful, wouldn't it? Helm, set us a course for the station. Let's see what we can do to get it up and running again."

"Aye sir!"

Aien Mueller

A

You know those types you don't want to meet in a dark alley?

54895.gif

GOLD TEAM: Azrael(Assault/Team leader), Castiel(Asault/Pathfinder)
BLUE TEAM: Sauriel(Sniper 1), Samael(Heavy Weapons), Michael(Sniper 2)
RED TEAM: Gabriel(Demo/EOD), Bartleby(Tech/Team Second)
PEGASUS 1, HAAT 1- Scion(Pilot), Dominion(Weapons)
PEGASUS 2, HAAT 2-Cherub(Pilot), Virtue(Weapons)
PEGASUS 3, HAAT 3(Carry-all variant)- Dominion(Pilot)*
HAAT 4(Carry-all variant)- Virtue(Pilot)*
*When needed. Weapons Intercept officers will be assigned randomly
FIST
RONTO 1- John(Driver), Principal(Gunner), Archangel(Cover)
ORDERS: Get Main Engineering up and running, and secure.
Tag: Gir Quee Gir Quee , Silvers still involved.

It was quiet.

It was dark.

It was the type of environment that gave Gabriel the "willies".

Night Vision helped them through and around but it was still a weird experience. There was the scent of death in the air, not that this was a distinctive scent or anything, but with only emergency power on the station going there was something strange going on. They all know it. There was literally no one that they ran into on the way down to Main Engineering, no one. Whether they took open routes or access tubes, they did not see a soul. Something sounded strange though as if there was some strange kind of scream.

It was when they reached Engineering that all went south.

"Who are you?"

About twenty civilians, they all looked to be armed with security-style weapons were all aiming at the team.

Who are you?

"They're trying to kill us! Kill them first!"

We're not here to...

"Kill them all!"

"We're not gonna die here! Not to them!"

Wait!

Not even Sauriel, the meanest, most trigger-happy member of the team had his weapon raised. The people were scared. How scared depending on their mental state.

We can talk this out!

"Don't take the chance!"

The firefight happened. All of the frightened civilians died. It was them, or Omega Squad, the team had no choice. They all knew it, they also knew that Azrael was stubborn enough to take responsibility for all of it if this went south,

Dammit!

Why the frell did they shoot?

Nothing we can do for them now. All we can do is get the power running and see if we can find any other survivors.

Cooler heads were prevailing and they all seemed to get to work. A perimeter was set, and repairs were started. They had limited resources, and other than Michael and Gabriel, well Bartleby was it... so it was going to go slow.

... yeah, we scare them.

NnQ2yw5.png

Objective B: Ah! You scared me!
Allies: Aien Mueller
Tritones II-class Heavy Cruiser Paladin's Commitment accompanied by Catalina-class Light Corvettes Blue One and Blue Two

The Paladin's Commitment slid through the black ocean of space, shadowed by its much smaller consorts towards the space station. On the bridge, the admiral and his aide reviewed reports coming from the rescue craft. The man tallied up figures in his head, finishing up one summation by counting on his left hand. That accounts for all but one sensor anomaly...which is probably just that...an anomaly and not a ship. He turned to Ariela.

"Any news from the station?"

"One of the Silver Jedi Concord teams has secured the station...though, the situation is a little tense. Someone did some shooting as well...but that may be because they've found some Starweirds on board."

The man frowned. Those were rare, but highly, unwelcome creatures. Legends swirled about the creatures among most spacers, and while the man was not one to believe tall tales, he did find their sudden appearance unsettling. I wonder if more will come....

"We should relieve the current team onboard and double the station's security complement for the moment. Let's get some Antarian Shock Marines onboard..."

He flicked a switch on his headset comlink, "Major Hedsi, I need you to ready your men to board the station. Things are a little tense there after some Starweirds were found onboard and some weapons were fired onboard...not sure by who. Link up with the Silver Jedi Concord team onboard, learn what happened, and then relieve them. We're going to have to occupy the station until we know its safe to leave it on its own. That may be some weeks. Make sure your people realize it's going to be a long trip and pack accordingly."

"Will do sir."

Be careful what you wish for.

IT'S ALWAYS DARKEST BEFORE THE DAWN...

53950.gif

Equipment:
Conservator and Vanguard 2.0 (Lightsabers)
Comm-link, Rebreather, Custom Robes
Starship: Starlight Sentinel, (Dilorian in cargo bay)
Companion: Astromech R01R - "Roller", Pilot droid Mu51c - "Music"
Tag: Gir Quee

The Padawans with him were all passed out, but Caltin was okay after a couple of minutes. So he pushed his way to his feet and moved for Main Engineering, Omega Squad was there, and he knew that they were headed there to get Main Engineering up and running, getting power back to the station. The Master Jedi had a splitting headache from the screaming, but he was no worse for wear and slowly made his way down a few levels. Caltin didn't want to leave the Padawans on the floor as he did, but there was something else going on, he could sense it, and the Force was indeed pulling him down to Engineering right now.

It was a good thing too.

There was the feeling of loss, of death wearing on the Force right now. It was as if dozens of lives were suddenly lost in a crying state. That made him concerned that something terrible happened.

When he reached Main Engineering, Caltin could see that there was a horrible unnecessary loss of life. Even when it was explained didn't make things better. It was when the Colonel and his forces came through the doors did Caltin finally speak up.

I think that in the realm of the Starweirds, this station is sitting on a graveyard for them, or at least something ceremonial. We're hurting them somehow.

... YET THE DAWN ALWAYS COMES.
ZhUyygm.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom