Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Denonination Doubts | GA Dominion of Denon

She was silent at first watching the pink woman make the journey up to the stage as someone from the crowd drew Yula's attention. There was a tilt to Phalsi's head, as if moving would reveal the ne'er do well like it was some form of wall she could peek around.

The datapad was in fact, a flat screen that did not move as she did. A frown crossed her face as she checked that the recording function had been active when her mask pinged something above her.

As if that wasn't enough, she caught wind of them in the force, though she did not move to react just yet. A doll slowly filtered into her view, mangled and obviously lacking a home as she huffed a laugh and sighed. Her thumb rolled over the screen, locking it and darkening it before making a half turn and looking up. Legs and a face greeted her, a forced smile appearing.

"I'd guess you're the guy." She wasn't yelling, but somehow her words carried clearly through the scene around them. If he was observant enough, he might have felt a whisper of wind across his face as she directed her words along a breeze up to him. There was a distinct wafting of noodle's cooking along with it. "Farsi. Ready to go?"

She was to the point on the matter, her eyes and nose covered while she stowed the datapad away and watched him.

Last edited:

fixers, rigging, peaky blinders: gf edition

Daiya Daiya | Yula Perl Yula Perl | Phalsi Drynchen Phalsi Drynchen

PINKAPALOOZA!! got punched so bad it made Dagon wince in pain. She fell hard like a slab of stone on the ring, so hard her head bumped the canvas twice.

By the fethin' Force...

The Jedi was bound to act, more so out of preserving the Zeltron from becoming the Zabrak's punching bag than out of the reason he had really come here for. No, not to revel in foxy boxing but rigging, or that's what the CIs had said was supposed to go down. It did kind of all line up. As veiled as Yula's 'affiliations' were, Dagon's suspicions didn't just materialize from thin air. He had the detective's flair, the talent and experience to investigate.

But Denon was no Coruscant - fixing shock boxing matches was no biggie here; not in a place where the smell came from top to bottom, the exact opposite of how it was at the Queen of the Core.

And he was just about to find out that there were no good cop roles to fill in on Denon, just like Yula had said. Not because they were all taken but because on Denon it's a villains-only cast.

"Sir, do not--" Arthur's warnings through the earpiece fell on deaf ears as always. Stubborn as an old bantha, Dagon just had to change the script - someone had to play the good guy.

Taking long and quick strides, the raven-haired Jedi jumped onto the ring.

The laughter and clapping quickly turned into an earth shattering chorus of boos when Dagon yelled out, "Alright, folks, show's over for tonight. You'll wanna see her boxing license again." he pointed at Yula with his thumb, "I'll bet it's forged."

"License?!" the ringmaster bellowed a laughter so loud it infected the rest of the crowd. So loud that even the Imps on far away Bastion would hear it. "Here?!"

"Sir, you don't even have a policeman's license here yourself, let alone a warrant." ever the fact-checker, Arthur made sure to remind him they were not in the Alliance's jurisdiction. Not yet.

Here he was just another idealistic hotshot trying to save a city that didn't want to be saved. Another idiot who by the end of the night would be lying in a ditch forgotten a day later. Just cause he dared interrupt someone's fetish of watching scantily dressed women punch each other.

"Why in the Force are you booing me? I'm trynna save your savings here."

"My savings?! I'm spending a choom's late vig here, pal, get the hell outta there." that was Val Greko, top 30 under 30 mob bosses. Drugs, girls, extortion, you name it.

"Who the hell you think you are, kid?!" and that was Horne, Director Blon Horne - top 30 under 30 CAD prodigies. Don't even get me started on this one's laundry list.

Like I said, it reeks from the top going down.

"Go donate to the poor if you're such a knight in shinin' armor, pal."

"You on my payroll, bud, beat it or you'll be fishin' for scraps to eat."

"He ain't even got a tie on, thinks he's some hotshot cop."

"I did tell you, Sir, if you only had a little bit more patience to learn the windsor knot, you wouldn't be in this predicament of being the clown in a circus."

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure the lack of a tie's the source of all my troubles here, Arthur, thanks for the feedback."

Overwhelmed by the commotion and the fearful reluctance to even glance at Yula - she was probably fuming - Dagon stood watching the roused up crowd of multi-million suites and professional gold miners having another unaccounted glass of champagne in the pandemonium. Hey, man, it's the world of opportunity, ain't it?

But it all needed to change. The blue-eyed Jedi had to change it, or at least try to. He was doing the right thing, after all, no?

Well, not according to SEVRI 'SAVAGE'.

She just didn't want change.

Didn't like it even.

What she liked, though, was punching things. Especially pretty boys from the Core who just didn't know their place.

Oh, brother..

Lights out.

He fell on the ropes of the ring like a discarded mannequin. Shaved a couple of years of his life that punch did.

A moment later, the darkness abated to the chaotic laughter erupting across the arena. It was so intense in its mockery, so contagious that even Dagon barely held out from laughing at himself. Socked like a dummy by a - for all intents and purposes - Not!Naked Zabraki lady with a wide so grin on her face that the Jedi knew she was hyped for another hook to send him over the ring. Fare thee well, darlin', Yula hardly knew ye.

Savage put her back into the next one, a one shot to glory. Greedy. She wanted it all in one go, in one punch. She wanted it too much. Sacrificed speed for power. Made her slow. Slow enough for even a rattled Dagon to duck beneath her nuclear jab, lean on the ropes and use his legs to kick her over the ring unto the commentary box.

In the grave silence that followed before all hell broke loose, the Jedi found the courage in a sheepish grin gleaming at Yula, blood rolling down from his cut lip.

"You know I'll have to write you up, at least."

If Arthur could facepalm, his palm would've probably punched straight through his skull.

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
hbe_dsx_bh.png

Big Trouble in Little Coruscant
Suicide Slums
Ripley Kühn Ripley Kühn

A long road led to another dead end. Strangers lined the streets, their dead stares locked on the newest point of interest. In this particular case, a jacket-clad man who looked as tired as they felt happened down the path. He might've seemed out of place at a different point in time. Maybe a year or two earlier. It was easier to keep a smile on his face back then. Even if that smile existed solely to fool himself and those around him that everything was okay. It wasn't okay. Things hadn't been okay in a very long time. Fortunately, he preferred to avoid the public eye nowadays. The war was over—no one needed to follow the escapades of Ryv Karis anymore.

"Hey kid," a gruff voice sounded not far from the Jedi Knight's right.

Ryv turned to face a man covered in a patchwork jacket. It and its occupant had most certainly seen better days.

"Can't say I've seen you around here before," he stepped out from the shadow of a rundown home. The neon blue lights from the city above painted his grimy flesh in murky shades.

"First time in the slums," Ryv said. "Just taking a look around."

"You came to the slums of all places?"

"Mhm," Ryv nodded.

"Crazy kid," the man turned away, shaking his head as he went. "Just be careful. Not everyone is the curious type like me. Some folks are gonna try and shake you down for all your worth. You're an easy target, you know, with one arm and all."

Ryv looked down at where his left arm once hung. "Yeah, I guess so."

He watched the man disappear into the same dilapidated building he'd stepped out from a moment before. So much like the resident, the home looked all the parts of a rundown, forgotten waste of space. Everywhere he looked, the residents of Suicide Slums mirrored that broken image. This place was misery incarnate, home to the lost or forgotten.

Objective | IV- BYOO [Fix a shockboxing match]

Daiya Daiya Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze

Typically Yula wouldn’t take a hit like that early, but sometimes you just couldn’t avoid them.

The crack to the face had some oomph. Perhaps too much, given that she had imagined seeing Dagon in the crowd. Dagon acting very Dagon-like, either concerned for her wellbeing or annoyed at another of her seedy ventures, possibly both. Heh, she really had him pinned down, didn’t she? But that couldn’t be right, because Dagon wasn’t here. If he’d known she was doing this, he would have made every effort to stop her before she’d even left the apartment.

Being hit in the head had scrambled her brain to the point where she’d imagined him. His voice too, it sounded pretty real, but this wasn’t—

Yula managed to scramble upwards, leaning onto the ropes for support as her head spun like a ride at Hologram Fun World. There, in the freaking ring, was Dagon Motherfething Kaze. Her mouth gaped open, blood dribbling from the corner of her split lip.

You have got to be—

The crowd wasn’t taking to Mr. Vigilante Justice well. This wasn’t Alliance jurisdiction, not yet. Some of these crooks, the smart ones, would grease the right palms and exert the right amount of influence in the right places to stay in power even after the changes upstairs.

Then he did the unthinkable. He undid all of Yula’s hard work, the late nights she’d spent mining for those Corpos accounts while he was out on the streets, trying to balance her seedy behavior with justice.

Sevri flew out of the ring, and Dagon had the nerve to grin, even snark at her.

She stared at him, stunned. A collective boo swept the venue, and trash started flying into the ring. In that moment, face to face with Dagon, Yula made a decision.

A business decision.

Having shaken off her earlier hit while he was trying to shut down the match, she surged forward, sending a lightning punch to his gut.

“WHO WANTS TO SEE ME BEAT THE CHIT OUT OF THIS COP?!

The crowd paused to contemplate this sudden turn of events, and the jeers turned to cheers when she started throwing punches at the interloper. Yula couldn’t let him compromise the underworld connections she’d build, and she couldn’t let him become a target for even more gangsters. Hell, maybe they’d even think that this was all part of the show—it just so happened that her anger was the perfect cover as much as it was her driving force.

Attempting to get her new opponent into a headlock, she scanned the crowd for Daiya. The girl was good at what she did, but she couldn’t pick the whole place clean unless given time. And right now, given that Dagon had unceremoniously destroyed a fixed match, they had to fall back on what they could remove from the patrons of the venue.

While grappling the Jedi, she hissed to him.

“You are sleeping on the couch for the rest of your life.”

V E N O M _ S N A K E
NEW IMPERIAL ORDER
DENON

N5cG5gd.png
Second only to Coruscant.

Others would argue that title belonged to Empress Teta regarding how close it was to Coruscant with all of its inhabitants proclaiming themselves as the heart of the Galaxy. He cared less for that debate. He had come to do what he needed to do and dammit he was more than capable of accomplishing that.

Order and chaos, law and crime reeked all over Denon as it does on Coruscant with a grand population it has that reflected on how developed it is throughout time. It had its beauty on one side with titanic skyscrapers that dared to scratch the skies, and it had its ugly side with all crime and scum prowling in the streets of the lower levels of Denon. Almost as if Coruscant and Denon were twin sisters carved from the same rock, only to be separated across the stars; parsecs away from each other.

What he sought after for was aligned with his ambitions. Coruscant was well under the authority of the Alliance for a good amount of time, but a vacuum of power presented opportunity on Denon. The Alliance and other entities would push for any stake on the planet, inevitably joining the Alliance's senate. That didn't matter as his plans were entirely unconventional and subtle.

Was this trespassing and violating the coalition between the Jedi, the Alliance, and his ilk? Yes, but he was out here all on his own and whatever resources at his disposition. He would create a state within one, exploiting the "promises" of democracy to spark conflict between values and ideals.

"Active measures."

hbe_dsx_bh.png
BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CORUSCANT
Ryv Ryv

Ripley blended into the slums more than she would of like. Despite her cleanliness and lack of ragged clothing marking her as an outsider, the emptiness that had taken to her eyes was understood by those who lived here. They, too, had lost purpose. She had come for work- if you could really call it that. A dead trail on someone messing with corpos, her time on Denon came with an unspoken message. She had fallen short in her investigation of the brotherhood, and this, of all things, was her punishment. Unconventional, but effective.

"Hey, toots!" The leer came from a man stumbling into the street from the side alley. He was covered in filth, beard matted. "How muc-"

"Not a nightwalker." The zeltron snapped in response.

The scoundrel looked disgruntled as he stumbled back to whence he had come, but did not challenge her. She stopped walking, leaned up against a metal building, gazed at the stars above. A conversation stole her gaze from the sky before she could find the comfort she sought. The zeltron's color faded as she recognized features beneath the streetlight. Older than the last time she had seen them in the flesh, but a reflection of the file she that had populated in the SIA's system just a few days ago. Stepping out from the building's shadow, her voice was hoarse as she spoke.

"Ryv?"

hbe_dsx_bh.png

T H E _ D R A G O N
For once there was no rainfall as Bernard pushed his way past a crowd that flowed through Denon's undercity like water through a river. The people him seemed more like tidal waves than individuals, and he had to actively work to not get lost and pulled along in their direction. A rhythmic thump of heavy isotope played from various cantina around them, granting the streets their own heartbeat that nearly drowned out busy chatter. A woman's laugh here, angry shouts there, and countless conversations that competed in a game of volume.

That was the bustling street life Bernard was used to, which made the adage about "Denon's underbelly as little Coruscant" ring all the more true, Bernard thought. Though not just the streets and the busy nightlife, but also the crime. As the Marshals began situating themselves on Denon, working with local law enforcement during the transitional period, they'd received an anomalous shipment report that needed checking up on. Bernard, always drawing the short stick, had been given that assignment.

It seemed somewhat of a waste of his time to the Marshal. He'd been special transferred from Coruscant to Denon for the duration of the transition period as an advisor and active helper, but so far the local Alliance Marshal seemed to deem him to be worth little more than an errand boy.

He sighed. No matter, he did his duty and that was all that could be expected of him. Not that he had much time left for his wonderings, the corner he needed to round was coming up. The navigational prompter on his vambrace pointed in the direction of a shady side-alley, the kind that a regular civilian wouldn't want to be caught strolling down during the night, or even day. But Bernard was no ordinary civilian, so he pushed his way toward it, and turned to walk up the alley.

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
hbe_dsx_bh.png

Suicide Slums
Ripley Kühn Ripley Kühn

That's a voice he hadn't expected to hear again anytime soon.

Ryv paused mid-step. His foot slowly fell to the floor as he turned to face Ripley. Even though her eyes had the same distant stare he had come to recognize when looking into the mirror, she was as beautiful as he remembered. Her skin took on an almost purplish hue beneath the neon glow from above. Her hair sparked to life like a crown around her, now a shade of blue that resembled arcs of lightning in a distant storm rather than the dark, navy color he remembered. Survival kicked in a split-second later. His attention snapped to the shadows behind her. No silhouettes in the darkness. No Jedi or SIA operatives directly flanking her.

"Hmm," Ryv hummed.

Smooth.

He propped his hand on his waist, head tilted to the side. "I want to say I'm happy to see you, but with everything going on... I'm worried it may be for all the wrong reasons," he sighed. "Though, I doubt M would send you alone. Knowing Auteme, she'd consider it cruel to send you after me. Perhaps I'm paranoid," he turned and took a few more steps down the street before coming to a less abrupt stop.

"Care to take a walk with me?" he looked back over his shoulder, lips curled up in a faint smile.

hbe_dsx_bh.png
Ryv Ryv

"You can rest easy. They wouldn't have sent me, period." Conflict of interest. "From the last I saw, they don't know you're here. Suspected you'd head back to Imperial territory."

Ripley became increasingly aware of her demeanor. She fell in step beside him, slowing her walk, attempting to seem casual- like she wasn't with a wanted fugitive. Blue eyes darted, assessing every figure who hung around the street. She pulled off at the first turn, guiding him by the arm to a more secluded area.

When she felt able to breathe, away from the way they had come, she turned to faced him head on. It had been a long time, but not that long. The burden he had carried had taken its toll. Once, she had thought a million things to say if they had ever come face to face again. Now, only one thing was on her mind.

"I know it's not what they're saying."

The war had changed them both, but not that much.

"The intel in the reports was all over the place. Trying to cover some tracks, plant new ones, I suspect. So, tell me what's going on, and why the hell you're still in Alliance space."

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice

hbe_dsx_bh.png

Suicide Slums
Ripley Kühn Ripley Kühn

"Imperial territory, huh?" Ryv nodded. "Smart place to check."

While Ripley worked to seem casual, Ryv embodied the trait. He looked about with open curiosity. A trip to slums like this wasn't a first for him. He'd grown up in the 1313 on Coruscant. It wasn't as downright nasty as the Suicide Slums, but it was familiar. The apathetic air almost masked the despair of those holed up in the rundown structures all around them. Everything smelled like garbage, which only added to the overall hopelessness that permeated the district.

He perked a brow once she pulled him off the road, only to smile at her opening statement seconds later. If Ripley felt this way, others had to as well. It meant there was a chance for things to one day go back to normal.

"Long story," Ryv looked past her back out onto the street, or more specifically, at the end of the street, where a much larger building stood above the rest. With three stories to its name, none of the nearby homes or businesses could compete with it. Even if its windows were smashed to pieces and various markings marred its already ruined surface.

"To keep it short, I think I was set up by a senator who may or may not be working with the Sith," Ryv pushed back the mop of hair from his face and continued to size up the structure at the end of the road while he spoke. "It's possible this guy just saw an opportunity to get rid of me, but I was following a lead. Monthly transmissions out into Maw space from within the Grand Convocation Chamber. I found the terminal, peered into its memories, and er- well..."

A gloved hand pulled up the edge of his poncho to reveal his bandaged side.

"The senator's aid stabbed me and pulled me out of the memory," he dropped the cloth and sniffed. "As for why I'm still in Alliance space?"

Good question.

"After I got off Coruscant, I put some thought into it. Where should I go, y'know? It all seemed too obvious. The New Empire would shelter me, sure. Hell, they'd probably name me a Knight-Commander of their Imperial Knights if I showed up looking for a place to stay. Seemed too obvious, though. And it seemed like something a guilty person would do. Sleeper agent Karis, and all that nonsense," he waved the notion away and leaned against the alley's wall. Rather than immediately continue, he took a moment to look the zeltron in the eyes. She was tired, beaten, and most certainly disillusioned.

"You're still so beautiful, Ripley. It breaks my heart to see you like this," Ryv laid his head back and stared up at a grimy outcropping from the roof above them.

"Cedric would take me in, too. Prodigal son returns to take up his blade and begins the crusade anew," he said. "But I don't want that right now. Ryv Karis was framed for a failed assassination and needs to clear his name, but to do that... well, he has to go where no one can ever find him. So, here we are. On Denon, the most recent addition to the Alliance's growing web of authority. Right. Under. Their. Noses."

As if to accentuate the point, he raised his hand and gently booped her nose.

"Ryv Karis is gonna be gone for a while. It's time to go back to the basics, reclaim my names."

gbswaz.png

Objective: Send the dodgy trader packing
Gear: Antique blaster/Slicing equipment/Himself
Tag: Phalsi Drynchen Phalsi Drynchen
slQCnMc.png
His little trick didn't get the reaction he expected, but at least it caught the attention of his mysterious contact. She turned around calmly and looked up to him, guessing correctly to him being the person she was waiting for. At the same time, a strange scent of noodles found its way into his nose, forcing his face to scrunch slightly as he disgustedly waved the smell away. With a slight frown, Cartri looked down to the contact, disappointed in her no-nonsense attitude "Hmph... you're no fun" he groaned, while at the same time scooting himself over until he was above a large metallic bin. Letting himself fall, the teen landed on the dumpster with a clang, leaving him to gracefully jump down to the concrete floor.

"I'm ready, Cartri by the way" he nodded to her, knowing himself that he needed to get serious and get his head in the game at some point. Standing in front of her, he took a quick second to examine Farsi. It was clear that she wanted to stay anonymous, especially with the mask and hook she was wearing. But who cared, that wasn't his business to investigate. The real deal was the trader, and they both needed their heads on to get this scum out off the planet.

Cartri reached back into his backpack and pulled out his datapad, turning it on and standing beside the woman so she could see "After being sent the accounts of different victims, most of them have pinpointed his home to be here" he explained while pointing at an apartment complex not too far from where they were standing "He's situated at the top floor of the complex, inside a snazzy penthouse overlooking the city. He may be a thug, but he has clearly found success from it" He grunted with a shake of his head "It would truly be a shame if the home he just brought was instead a dump wasn't it?" the teen smirked, almost thinking ahead of what he was going to do. Looking up to his partner in crime, he checked to see if she understood the data before suddenly switching it off.

"Why don't we get going? I'll explain a game plan when we get there" he said rather excitedly as he slowly began to walk in the direction of the target, half expecting her to follow "And please, try not to catch the attention of the locals. You never know what this trader has paid to gain street knowledge"

hbe_dsx_bh.png
Ryv Ryv

Ripley's nose wrinkled at the touch, brow furrowing. Movement in the background pulled her eyes away. She watched as a woman stumbled through the street, digesting everything. He had surely been onto something, or there was no need to stop him. But... messages to maw space? The implications were huge. Is that why her previous mission had failed? Had they known the agency placed plants? She didn't think so, given the other task force's success, but nothing was out of the realm of possibilities with this revelation. Her gaze developed a familiar warmth when the woman finally passed and they returned the kiffar.

"You know I'll help in any way I can." She stated, breaking the silence. "Info from the agency, help investigating where you can't be seen, a familiar face so you don't go crazy down here, I'm there. I'll probably be here a while, anyway."

"You can lean on me, Corin."
She teased with a smile, the words reminiscent of days passed.

She looked to where he had stared a few moments ago, to an abandoned building. Spacious, a mansion among the smaller settlements here, but worn by time and neglect. She then turned to him with an inquistive brow.

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
hbe_dsx_bh.png

Suicide Slums
Ripley Kühn Ripley Kühn

"Wooh, that's good to hear," Corin mimed, wiping sweat from his brow with a big smile on his face. "I don't think you're alone on that, but we'll have to wait and see. It shouldn't be all that long. I know at least one person is aware of what I was working on."

He followed her gaze back to the building from before. While her attention was diverted, he withdrew a keycard from his pocket and held it aloft for her to see once she'd turned back. Much like everything else around them, it looked like it knew better days at one point. It was chipped on one side, with a thin crack running down the center.

"That's my new place," he took a step past her. "Or er- ours, I suppose. It doesn't look all that great. Makes it a perfect place to hide out while we look into whatever's going on."

Corin stepped out from between the two homes and marched towards his destination. "I'm thinking of opening a bar and naming it something clever. Like uh, End of the Road," he looked over his shoulder with an even bigger smile. "Y'know, cause it's at the end of a dead-end road?" a laugh took him almost immediately. Rather than fight it, the rogue Jedi allowed himself to bask in the feeling of joy. He hadn't felt it in a long time, nor did he expect to feel it again anytime soon.

Stopping in front of the door, he flipped up the terminal's rusty metal casing and held up the key card. A thin web of icy-blue light swept over it twice before metal unlatched and the door slid open.

"Huh," Corin furrowed his brow. "This thing is ancient," he knocked on the security terminal. "Must've been built up years ago."

if they're watching anyways
Kal Kal
It wasn't long before the treasure she'd come for revealed itself.

"This is the map?"

"Yes. Its annotations- well, they're rather difficult to decipher. I had to do some analyzing. Less in pen, more in imprints, almost- ah, anyways, from what I've uncovered it's a map of an area of the Netherworld of the Force. Supposedly. I don't exactly have experience."

Auteme nodded. "Neither do I."

The paper felt so brittle it was a wonder that it was able to fold out on the table in the first place. Yet the age of the map spoke of a near-infinite trove of hidden knowledge and new wonders; an ancient thing to be studied again and again, finding new things in each passing glance.

"What is it titled?"

"Ah, 'Map of Oblivion', though that name might be an error, I'm unsure of the exact meaning."

Beyond that knowledge and beyond that age, the map itself was beautiful. The lines curled and flowed in a way that spoke to the care of its creator. Islands spread across it, each sporting a dozen tiny features that seemed almost fantastical yet ever tangible...

The hairs on her neck began to tingle, much in the way she felt the map itself, as though something of the same nature had entered the room. She turned in search but found nothing. The examination room was large, its ceiling high, but there was no one else nearby.

"Is something-"

"Please stow the map," she said. Her eyes narrowed. She could look deeper than Dyu could.

On a whim she began towards the door, footfalls soft as a mouse.

geszs.png

MONEY MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND // SENATE ROTUNDA
CORUSCANT

Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra | Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn | Dalton Crowder | Faith Organa Faith Organa

wsL0bBY.png

Otto Shule, the Member for Coruscant, noted his concerns around the Galactic Alliance’s use of the Galactic Standard Credit. While the currency had been heralded as a truly pan-galactic denomination following its introduction, few governments had sought to adopt the GSC as their official currency - to date, only the Alliance and the Confederacy of Independent Systems supported the credit. The electrum-standard, to which the value of the GSC was pegged, had been tanking for some time now and was threatening to take the value of the credit with it. Senator Shule closed by noting the strengths of other currencies such as the Trade Federation Credit, which was not backed by a commodity that could be manipulated and incorporated technologies including blockchains for added financial transparency.

“Yes, thank you Senator,” Tithe replied as Shule returned his Senatorial pod to its docking station on the wall of the Senate chamber. “If it pleases the assembly, the ambitious dream of an ambiquious credit, a common current tying together every world in the cosmos, is sadly dead.”

Tumultuous times - I fear - lay ahead, if the terrible events of Csilla are any divination into the future. Now, more than even, the Alliance needs to chart its own course. We must wrest control of our wealth from foreigns power and give our central banks full control of our destiny and finances. A number of viable alternatives - yes, including the Trade Federation - would give our central banks the ability to control the value and circulation of our credit, allowing them to stave off inflation and market collapses.

Pause for dramatic effect as he clasped his hands together in an almost prayer-like hand gesture.

We have already suffered greatly, yes greatly, at the hands of the Sith. We must protect our prosperity as we would our borders.”

Tithe bowed his head slightly he brought his speech to a close. The short proclamation was the word of many, having been written by dozens of speechwriters, tested with focus groups and practices dozens of times until the early hours of the morning alongside his staff. But his Aargauun heritage demanded nothing less from him. Borders, peace, freedoms - they were all fleeting. Wealth, yes, now there was something truly worth fighting for.

The Vice Chancellor nodded to the Senate Scribe as, who started the debate timer. “Yes, I now open the floor to comments and questions.”

geszs.png

Seto Du Couteau, Senator of Empress Teta
Objective One:
Money Makes the World Go Round
Action: Listening
Attire

Br8YpBr.png

Carefully crafted economic plans never seemed to bear out the expected plans in Seto’s mind, such command type economies always appeared doomed to fail. Perhaps it is the uniqueness in people that craft markets that no matter how large a government gets, it is nearly impossible to account for everything. But introducing a whole new payment method through the Alliance? Now that is an interesting proposal.

Seto wasn’t overly fond of the idea, mostly how it would only reinforce Coruscant to reign tighter control over the economy. Of course there were plenty of upsides with standardizing a new currency but the wider impact with how it would affect current credit lines, treasury bonds and interest rates for the countless of banks. The young Du Couteau heir did not envy anyone working in the economic department nor the federal reserve of his own planet.

The main worry of Seto though was the idea that this new currency would only increase instability within the markets and this prompted other planets to simply create their own currency. This will then become its own self fulfilling prophecy of doom. Seto wearily sighed as he quickly read through the initial reporting of this economic plan.

While his base understanding of economics was rather limited, he understood people, and the market reflects what the people fear. Fear of which the Vice Chancellor and Senator Shule were stocking among the masses. Their words would be holo-vised, spoken in many interviews and throughout the Alliance. The young Du Couteau heir silently nodded and laid his data-slate next to him. His party demanded loyalty to the ideals of Corporatism, and for the moment Seto would continue to give them his loyalty and support.

After all, when it comes to economics, the majority were always wrong.

|| Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra | Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn | Dalton Crowder | Faith Organa Faith Organa | Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe ||

He got a glance at the map before Auteme noticed something was wrong, but that was it. That simply would not do.

As she proceeded to the door, Professor Dyu failed to stow the map, instead appearing excessively concerned with preparing the manner in which it would be stored, almost as if a voice of which he was not quite consciously aware was whispering into his ear, warning of crumbled relics and tears in fragile paper. It was persuasive, insidious, easily confused with his own decisions - except it was decidedly not.

Kal was not particularly gifted when it came to displays of raw strength, but subtle influence was another matter entirely.

Invisible eyes flickering back and forth, he memorised the map's contents, having immediately recognised its value. The central points were quickly scribbled away in his near-perfect recollection, but details took time - he might not have time if the Jedi found him out.

Concentrating, Kal did his best to produce a vague sense of malicious intent from just outside the door Auteme was approaching.​

There was a moment spared to his comment of being no fun. Her head tilting in such a way to fulfill the Oh really look she was throwing his way before he came down to the ground. She'd have to remedy that at some point.

But the job was first.

She didn't move her hear look to the building he pointed to, having already scoped the area out before and knowing where he meant with the gesture. Her eyes trailed over the details before they began to move, a smirk appearing as he led the way.

"I just look like a spacer. A disgruntled one maybe." The smirk was still present as she spoke with a shrug.

"Be a right Shame that would. Even more frustrating if his keyboard didn't work right huh?" She smirked a bit wider, following behind and close enough to hear without yelling.

Objective IV - BYOO: Play the innocent teen fan at a shockboxing match
Tags: Yula Perl Yula Perl Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze

slQCnMc.png

Watches. Wallets. Trinkets. Knives. Guns.

Her satchel was getting closer to satisfaction, and the young shadowrunner struggled not to break out into a hum as she flitted from patron to patron, lifting items from members of the crowd before fading back into it. Then on to the next mark, and the next.

Finally, Daiya was having a good night.

And then she wasn't. A clammor in the crowd drew her attention to the booming voice coming from the pit. Voice, not a sound, distinctly male and distinctly not one of the two women shockboxers who were meant to be competing. The teen stole a glance toward the ring, and a yelp escaped her lips before she could stop it.

There, in the middle of the pit, was a cop. Daiya didn't recognize him, she didn't know his badge or uniform design, but the young shadowrunner knew a cop when she saw one. And this one had self-righteous indignation written all over him. Sounded like it, too, even over the voice of the crowd trying to drown him out.

"Hey!" Daiya felt a grip on her shoulder, and spun to look up at the owner of the meaty palm. Apparently not all of the crowd had taken an interest in heckling the blueblooded newcomer, and her antics had drawn someone's newfound attention. "What's this?"

The teen drew in a gasp as she realized the Abyssin was pulling at the satchel fastened snugly to her waist. She pulled back, matching her own voice with his. "Hey, let go of that!" The alien's curious, green fingers were digging past the satchel's open flap now, withdrawing items that looked increasingly incriminating. "Those are mine, give them—"

"These don't look like your things..." The Abyssin gave her a withering look, never letting his hand off of her satchel. Daiya pulled on it again, trying desperately to free herself of the man's grasp as she saw others starting to close in on her. He turned to look at her, disappointment passing over into judgement. "Did you steal all this?"

"Let!" The teen yanked back on her satchel, struggling desperately as other hands reached to trap her in place. She gasped as she heard the tragic sound of cloth beginning to tear.

"It!" Daiya was too late to stop it now, and leaned her back into it. A tear rolled down her cheek.

"GO!"

The satchel strap tore, launching the teen a meter backwards from the force of it. Someone behind her grunted as they bore the weight of her, but Daiya didn't have time to apologize. Free of the judgemental Abyssin —and sadly also her day's loot— the teen scrambled back to her feet and ducked into the crowd. She pedaled her feet away, just as she heard the shouts from behind her.

"THIEF! STOP THAT GIRL!"

Daiya made it out of the crowd, meeting a railing between her and the arena below. Heart in her throat, the girl started tossing one leg over it, before several hands grabbed her. She threw a look back, to spy the Abyssin with her satchel standing behind several other members of the crowd who had taken it upon themselves to enforce whatever version of mob justice they had in mind tonight.

She made out only one last, shrieking plea before losing her grip on the railing and succumbing to the to the wave of hands pulling her back.

"YUUUUULAAAAA-AAAAAHHHH!"

fixers, rigging, peaky blinders: gf edition

Daiya Daiya | Yula Perl Yula Perl

“WHO WANTS TO SEE ME BEAT THE CHIT OUT OF THIS COP?!

W-wha--?

Stupefied, Dagon watched her with a mouth wide open.

"Hold on a sec--" she did not. Yula threw herself at him, shoving him in a headlock she had clearly practiced. Almost a whole head taller than her, Dagon couldn't help but feel dwarfed by how unhinged she was in her choke.

“You are sleeping on the couch for the rest of your life.”

"I'm already. Sleeping. There. All the time." his words came out in strife as he struggled to escape her grasp. Escape artist my ass. There was no getting out of this. Yula was holding for dear life.. at the expense of his. "You. Shouldn't be. Doing this." he muttered, "Things. Won't change. Unless. We're on the. Same side."

"Doing the. Right thi--" his voice trailed off, drowned under the chaotic commotion stirring up near the ring.

"YUUUUULAAAAA-AAAAAHHHH!"

The cry loosened Yula's lock enough for Dagon to manage to steal a glance at the source of it. A young girl was being pulled by a ravenous crowd. The Jedi's eyes-widened and shifted to his girlfriend, "We need. To save her." she could hound him over his savior complex (again, as always) after this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom