Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Deep in the Graveyard (Horror Mystery Thread: OPEN)

Daro Roz’yrn

“150 years of getting shot at for a living”
In the silence of space, in orbit above Graveyard, the mighty star destroyer named Shii-Cho appeared to just be hanging there. Even with a few viewport lights highlighting the edges of the vessel, there was an air of dispair and stagnation to her, as the effects of the dark nexus kept her from doing much. Other than struggling to maintain a stable orbit, she would maintain very little functionality until the situation would change.

On the ventral side of the ship was an open belly hangar, similar to those of the ancient Galactic Empire vintage ships of old. Suddenly, six tiny humanoid figures emerged from deep within the belly hangar, drifting out into the embrace of the void. They were quickly followed by four canine looking figures that drifted out to meet them, and once all ten beings were assembled, they seemed to start moving in the direction of the planet’s surface.

Divider12.png

• x5 holy knight infantrymen (aside from Daro himself)
    • x2 chiss
    • x1 Mon Calamari
    • x1 Trandoshan
    • x1 Wookie name Bacceercha
  • x3 Garmr Battle Dogs (in addition to Hal)
    • 1 bonded to a Chiss knight
    • 1 bonded to the Mon Calamari
    • 1 bonded to Bacceercha

Objective: go to the settlement and find a local spacer that knows how to get out of the system.

I’m not gonna lie. I’m enjoying the lack of comm chatter.

Daro Roz’yrn mused to himself as they picked up more speed on their way towards entering the planet’s atmosphere. The unsettling effects of Graveyard’s strange seemed to blissfully interfere with his squad’s commlinks, resulting in comm-silence. It was pretty much his only consolation, however, as this mission was a literal case study in suicidal actions. Daro had been the only knight in the group that had been directly ordered to go, besides the droids. However, the other five knights were willing volunteers.

Out of the 9000 troops on the Shii-Cho, the volunteers were the only beings crazy or stupid enough to try this stunt. Whilst the Holy Knight Infantry were trained for EVA reentry drops, they were more than dangerous enough under “normal” combat conditions. In this case, however, their suits were suffering from the effects of Graveyard’s strange phenomenon and they had absolutely no reliable avionics to rely on. Daro, having served in the harshes wars of the Dornean navy for over a century, was the only person with actual combat experience in these kinds of conditions. He knew enough dumb tricks to say that he had a chance of surviving an EVA entry without avionics, but it was still exceedingly risky.

Two of them, both Chiss ironically, actually did this kind of thing for fun. Daro didn’t want to consider what was wrong with a Chiss that would consider this a thrill. On that note, he’d rather not know more about them than he needed to.

Two more, a Mon-Cal and a trandoshan, were all gung-ho to prove their willingness to die for the holy prophets Willow & Ivy. Wish granted, morons…

And lastly, Daro’s old friend, the wookie knight Bacceercha had volunteered to stay by Daro’s side. Bacceercha didn’t owe Daro a life debt or anything, but the old wookie was one of the few soldiers that was roughly as old as Daro, and they shared a certain understanding. Centennial beings tended to stick together in a galaxy as dangerous as this one. Daro genuinely appreciated the gesture and would proudly die beside Bacceercha any day, any place.

Daro decided to check in on his suit’s AI, “How are you holding up, Tin-Can?”

~not good, Daro. This place is really… dragging me down. The other Angels are feeling it too, and we have to work extra had just to keep the phenomenon from harming our masters.~ Tin-Can’s voice seemed to be groaning and strained in Daro’s head as it came in through his neural implant. Also, as Tin-Can spoke, some of the dispair and mental fog that he was talking about seemed to seep into his own head, and Daro could suddenly understand what was going on.

Angels had the ability to protect their masters from limited affect-mind Force abilities. But when they opened up a telepathic communication with their masters, it left them vulnerable. Daro suspected that by talking to Daro, Tin-Can was starting to experience worse symptoms, as the vulnerability went both ways. Daro decided to keep this conversation short so he responded quickly, “I’ll make this quick then. Are you going to handle the reentry procedures, or do you want me to do it?”

~I’ll do it. I might not be feeling well, but I’m an Angel, damnit. I can do my job.~

Daro grinned, “before I let you go, do you mind turning on my tunes for me on the trip down?”

~yeah, sure~ and with that, as if exhausted, Tin-Can ended the conversation abruptly.

5EF1D1E4-EAD3-4BC1-B6C7-59D405AD1796.jpg

A moment later, as Daro began to listen to his music, small, amber flames began to scrape the edges of his armour and pressure began to exert on his limbs. He briefly worried for a second if Tin-Can was out of commission before his Fallen Angel Reentry Energy Shield bloomed all around him in reentry mode. Tin-Can then performed a few small jetpack bursts to orient Daro’s body properly and then struggled with more smaller bursts to maintain course. Daro could tell that without proper avionics that Tin-Can was struggling to maintain a safe angle, but now there was nothing for it. There was no turning back now, and he had to put his faith in his Angel.

He dared not look back at his fellow squad mates as the action could throw off Tin-Can’s efforts…

Fey'drah | Audren Sykes Audren Sykes | Ira Sarrin Ira Sarrin | @“Jackal” | Opersh Krul Opersh Krul | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Lukas | Kalic Daws Kalic Daws | Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic

Last edited:

Grand Shepherd Burtch

Fleet Commander For The Nomadic Peoples Coalition

Ship: The Lady Shii-Cho

Divider12.png

Ira Sarrin Ira Sarrin

Burtch was watching the small squad of knights drift towards the atmosphere when a panicked voice filled the room.

“Sir! Look-outs report that an unknown ship is coming into visual range!” A runner yelled, bursting into the command bridge, huffing from running so far.

“What heading?” Burtch asked.

His question was yelled down the hall and repeated in a descending echo. Burtch realized that his crew had just now set up a gang-train of officers to verbally relay orders throughout the ship, since internal comms were out. He was genuinely impressed with the ingenuity of his crew and wondered who’s idea that was. Whoever it was was definitely due for a promotion and a commendation.

Another echo came back, growing in volume just before it reached the officer at the bridge entrance. He then relayed it loudly, “heading two-two-five, by one-two!”

Burtch turned to his helmsman, who had some limited control of his ship, “can you bring our bow to port one-hundred-and-thirty-five degrees and up twelve?” He asked, hopeful.

“I can, sir, but only for a short time. We need to keep this orientation to maintain orbit, since we can’t use standard avionics to make nuanced changes to our course.”

“Then do it, lieutenant! All hands to general quarters!” Burtch ordered. He turned to his chief comms officer, “did this other ship attempt to hail us at all? Can we even tell if they tried?”

The comms officer shook her head, “no sir. comms are still out. If they were capable of trying, we weren’t capable of receiving.”

Burtch nodded and said, “once we have our nose pointed at them, keep our guns on them just in case and attempt to contact them with a signal lamp and blink code. Hopefully, someone on that ship understands the same codes that we use. Have we identified the ship yet?”

This time, an answer came right away from the officer relay train as if they had anticipated the question, “not yet sir. All we have right now are some old stargazing telescopes, and it’s not yet discernible besides the size and general shape.”

“And those are?”

“sorry sir. Triangular and roughly the size of a heavy SD.”

“Alright then. Keep our nose on them and our guns ready. Keep trying the blink codes with the signal lamps and let me know if we get any responses at all.”

Just then, Kalic Daws Kalic Daws walked onto the bridge.

"Hey, boss. What'd you need me for?"

Burtch turned to look at the miraluka. Burtch had to remind himself that Kalic Daws Kalic Daws was not military in nature, and had been trained by third party security companies, otherwise he would have been expected to salute upon entering the bridge as a guest. Burtch did straighten at an exaggerated form of attention to highlight the formality of being on the bridge of a proper warship, subtly clearing his throat. Whether or not Mr. Daws would pick up on it was up to him. Burtch would not press any harder than that. Burtch simply had to at least preserve discipline for the rest of his crew.

Burtch then replied to Daws, “Many things, Mr. Daws. It would seem it was fate that put you on my ship for this mission. You are one of three reliable Force experts within the Nomadic People’s Coalition, and the other two rarely leave the atrium on Damascus it seems. I need your take on this nexus, and how your abilities perceive it.

“Then I have an important mission that only you and Starcrest are suitable for. I have sent a squad of knights to the most prominent settlement that we can find with our available observation methods. But they have no communications that can reach us at this time. Last time I checked, Starcrest is the only Angel that seems to be able to transmit or receive in this place and she can still move. If you are willing to help us, I need you to head to the settlement and provide support for those troops that we sent. Amongst those knights is Daro Roz’yrn Daro Roz’yrn . I’m sure you remember him?”

Fey'drah

A holographic Ira sat on the captains seat on the bridge while he didn't need to do so it helped him think and it helped the crew to see his face.

"Sir they don't seem to be answering our hails" the comms officer reported "I believe there may be interference"

"Thank you lieutenant" Ira said with a sigh he been expecting something like this but hoped it wouldn't be the case, they were close enough for the close range scanners to work as soon as they did sensors started to throw up alarms at Ira saying The Lady Shii-Cho was charging her weapons. That's odd Ira thought did she not realize it was the Bellum Canis, had the she been comprised in some way although the Bellum Canis was still a fairly new edition to the fleet. Ether way caution was always a boon and with a simple tap of a finger the shields and broadsides flared to life along with the inside of the ship now being lit by the red glow that signaled combat is at hand.

It was only when the ship had been brought up to full alertness did one of the bridge officers point out The Lady Shii-Cho was using blink codes, cursing himself for being so bloody stupid as to not see the blink codes Ira translated and sent some back himself that roughly said 'sorry for sneaking up on you, do you require assistance'. Ira would then set a course to bring the ships side by side.

Kalic quickly noted the way Burtch.... Oh right! Military. He quickly got a little more presentable, then listened to the.... Did he just call him a Force expert. An expert? Him? He looked at the Grend Shepard, loosening up slightly as took a breath.

"Sir, with all do respect if I'm a Force expert we're all in trouble. It's taking most of my focus not to be going blind right now. Nexus's and practically untrained Miraluka don't mix well in my experience." He looked out, trying to think of how to explain this. If Starcrest was one of the only Angels still flying, he could always hand the controls to Jee while he helped Starcrest with her own systems in the mind space. But there wasn't much he could really do in his mind.

Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch Ira Sarrin Ira Sarrin Daro Roz’yrn Daro Roz’yrn Fey'drah

Fey'drah

F
Sorry for the delay, been under the weather and swamped with work

Tobias kept watch over Lukas and Adeline Noctua Adeline Noctua through his binoculars, as well as the wounded human that stumbled up to them as they neared the settlement. With hand signals, he gestured to one of the guards, whom then repeated the signals to others. A large harpoon gun was locked into position and loaded. The tip of it's arrowhead glinted in the fading light, dripping with a gooey liquid. A half dozen archers stood on the wall, the arrows of their crossbows set ablaze...

Once the aim was set, the harpoon gun was fired. The harpoon careened through the air making barely a whisper in the breeze. It flew past the two offworlders and struck the wounded man, sending him flying back and impaling him to a tree. Only a surprised gasp escaped him. A second later the flaming arrows were loosed, setting the wounded man and the tree on fire.

A loudspeaker facing the outside of the settlement crackled to life. ~INSIDE THE GATES NOW! YOU HAVE SIXTY SECONDS OR YOUR FATE BELONGS TO THEM!~

Inside the settlement, with the coming setting of the sun, the people within started to hide as soon as the gongs began sounding. Windows wrre boarded up, doors were shut and locked. There was no panic among them as it was all more or less routine to the populace. A woman eyed Audren Sykes Audren Sykes and Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el curiously. "You're offworlders, aren't you? Better come inside before the alarms stop. Come on." She gestured for them to follow as she walked two buildings down, unlocked the door and opened it, stepping aside to see if they'd follow.

More sonic booms rang above, however these ones seemed smaller. Tobias turned his attention to the sky and saw the flames of people-sized objects falling from the sky. Raising his binoculars, he zoomed in on them, taking note that it appeared as though Daro Roz’yrn Daro Roz’yrn and others were just falling. Quietly he wondered what happened to their ship. Regardless, he wasn't sure if they'd survive the landing....

Ira Sarrin Ira Sarrin Kalic Daws Kalic Daws Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic Opersh Krul Opersh Krul

Lukas

L
"Good point actually, they probably do." He nodded to Jackal, taking a couple of steps forwards somewhat reluctantly. "Come with us then, we'll take you to that settlement, there's probably some help for you there." He finished, gesturing for the man to walk towards him. However, suddenly the harpoon past him, impaling the man.

"What the.." His voice trailed off, his head snapping back towards where the harpoon had came from. His eyes quickly darting all over the walls, taking note of all the archers. His immediate reaction was for his hands to jump to the hilts of his sabers, sure that he was about to meet a similar fate. It seemed logical enough to him that outsiders, especially outsiders who were obviously armed, would be shot if they approached for no apparent reason. The loud speaker, however, dispelled his worries just as quickly as they had rose, but his hands remained firmly around the hilts of his lightsabers.

"Not sure who 'them' is, but I'm not sticking around and finding out." He'd began to run towards the settlement before he had even finished talking, not sticking around to find out Jackals thoughts on the matter. Once he got to sprinting, the Acolyte was surprisingly fast at sprinting, able to reach the gates comfortably in time. While he had briefly calmed down while walking, the Acolytes angry muttering had resumed, once again complaining about just about everything that had happened since he had landed.

Adeline Noctua Adeline Noctua Fey'drah Opersh Krul Opersh Krul

oXLikj1.png

4LpCJwk.png

Equipment | In Bio
Location | Graveyard
Tag | Lukas

The last thing Jackal expected to see was a harpoon and arrows, yet there they were! She cackles at the man's expense as they got nailed right into the tree, finding the whole thing pretty
humorous to be honest.

"Ya know, something tells me they didn't want him. I can't be too sure, but I think they got right to the point eh?"

As she finishes her horrid joke, she smells something else on the wind.. Foul. A bunch of foul actually, and judging by the voice yelling at them it was indeed time to go!

Jackals runs alongside Lucas, her boots treading hard against the ground as they went. With the both of them making it through the gates just in time, Jackal can't help but chuckle a bit at the young Sith.

"Hey, chin up kiddo. We just got to see some unlucky idiot get impaled by a huge harpoon! Now, I have seen some chit on Nal Hutta but that takes the cake! You ever been to Nal Hutta kiddo? Wait no you are most likely too young for that place... Uhh where do you brooding wizardy types go?"

4LpCJwk.png

Daro Roz’yrn

• x2 chiss (now missing)
    • x1 Mon Calamari (now missing)
    • x1 Trandoshan (now missing)
    • 1 bonded to a Chiss knight (now missing)
    • 1 bonded to the Mon Calamari (now missing)
    • 1 bonded to Bacceercha

Objective: go to the settlement and find a local spacer that knows how to get out of the system.

Divider12.png

Daro was surprised to have survived the reentry burn. On the way down, he had gone completely by instinct, and relied heavily on his suit’s Angel Navis Operating System to make “precise” adjustments to his reentry angle. It had been extremely difficult, since for a time he couldn’t even see the horizon to determine if his angle was good or not and for a time, he had no way to tell if the pressure from the burning atmosphere was straining his shields too much. He had no comms from his squad mates or the Garmr Battle Dogs that accompanied them, and he couldn’t safely turn his head to see if they were alright.

It was a miracle that he was even alive, really.

Once the flames subsided and enough speed has been shed, his shield automatically switched from reentry mode to glider mode. Intricate wings made out of blue luminous energy bloomed from his back and gave him finer control over his heading. He finally had a moment to look around now, so he inverted so that his back was towards the ground and touched his chin to his collarbone. Behind him, he could only see one remaining knight, and two of the battle dogs, who had also deployed their own wings to follow him in.

Daro sighed heavily. Four more men to add to his long, long list of lost comrades…

He was fairly relieved to see that the one remaining knight that was with him was large and lanky in nature. Only a wookie could have filled out that armour in such a way, so Daro shot him a quick salute, which Bacceercha returned. Daro then re-inverted and began making his way to the settlement.

By some miracle, they weren’t too far off course. They were close enough to the place that they could simply glide in without burning a whole lot of jetpack fuel. Daro attempted to get sensor scans of the area and hail the locals with comms, but only to limited results. Some data could be gleaned from this distance, but there was still a lot of interference, and if anyone could hear him, no one was listening.

He came close enough to see three humanoid figures on the outskirts of the town. He watched them curiously as the two were approached by one. Then, Daro’s old warrior’s eyes saw the telltale signs of the one being getting struck by some kind of ordnance!

Daro quickly performed a scan of the area, both visually and with his limited scanners. With what little he could detect, he could at least see that the man that had been shot was unarmed and the two that were running towards the settlement unmolested were not. Curious?

Daro hand-signalled to his other companion and two dogs to follow him, and he angled for the place where the one man died to investigate. Flames began to erupt from the location of the corpse so Daro angled in more aggressively to arrive more quickly before too much of the scene was lost. As he came close to the ground, he tucked his legs in, half somersaulted and then lit up his jetpack to soften his landing. Bacceercha quickly landed beside him in a similar fashion, and the two dogs plopped down on their repulsorlifts as well. Daro noted that the one dog had a leather hat in its mouth, and he immediately recognized it a man his own dog Hal. He patter the dog on the head and then took the hat and put it on the dog’s head.

Brown2.jpg

Satisfied that his custom battle dog was appropriately attired, he turned to his wookie companion, who was already investigating the burning scene, “so what do you figure, Bacc?”

Bacceercha shook his helmeted head at growled a response.

“So his hands were bound at one point? It seems like he was looking for help, doesn’t it? Why would the settlement shoot him and not the other two armed individuals? A cult maybe?”

Bacceercha just shrugged and shook his head in confusion. He then turned and returned to Daro’s side and woofed something in the wookie tongue.

“Well we need to talk to someone civilized, and that town is really our only option.”

Just then, the sound of heavy gates closing echoed in the distance, and Daro could see that the walled-off town was shut, and fortified. He wasn’t too concerned with whether or not he could get inside, as his jetpack could easily scale the walls, but it was beginning to look less and less like they were the cooperative types. He sighed and said, “alright you stay here with the dogs and I’ll try to make contact. If I go alone, maybe there’s a chance that they won’t shoot at me…”

Bacceercha began to quip that getting shot at was technically what Daro’s whole career entailed anyways, when suddenly, both Bacceercha and Daro could feel chills cascading up their spines. Instincts honed from combined centuries of military service told them something was wrong. Something was coming. Something terrible and evil…

Opersh Krul

Monster of the Deep
So they didn't take the bait.

Instead they killed it with savagry.

Perhaps there was some hope for the infidels yet...

Opersh Krul started his advance and the others followed behind him. Even within the trees their formations remained steady, their pace even and full of purpose. There was no signature in the Force to be gleened from them. Within the Force they were entirely absent. The Darkside Nexus had no effect on them. It didn't have to.

In his mind's eye Opersh recalled his Lord's orders for this world; conquer it all in advance of his arrival. Destroy the machines. Kill all that resist in every means necessary. Put the rest in servitude. Settlement by settlement, they were doing just that.

The edge of the treeline draw near. It was there that Opersh Krul stopped the advance. His gaze immediately fell upon the figures of Daro Roz’yrn Daro Roz’yrn and his companions as they stood with their armour reflecting the flames of their now deceased bait. As their bait failed to entice the infidels on the other side of the wall, it did entice those that fell from the sky...

Further in the field slept the machines, wounded by the planet that hated them.It wouldn't be long before they'd be torn apart and disected.

The calm before the storm was now over. The sun had fully disappeared beneath the horizon.

One would expect a war cry to be called out to signal the attack, but none was made. Instead blades were drawn, raised like a wave of movement along the rest of those in formation. And then they sprinted forward, taking full advantage of the cover the darkness gave them.

Opersh Krul silently ran straight towards Daro Roz’yrn Daro Roz’yrn , his upper torso almost acting independantly than his legs as his blades swung furiously towards the armourclad infidel.

Behind him another attacked Bacceercha in the same manner, while others swung at the battledogs to send them flying. And while those clashes were happening, the rest of the formations advanced further still towards the settlement.

There were plenty of surprises awaiting the infidels. They just didn't know it yet.

Fey'drah Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Audren Sykes Audren Sykes Lukas Adeline Noctua Adeline Noctua Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch Kalic Daws Kalic Daws Ira Sarrin Ira Sarrin

Grand Shepherd Burtch

Fleet Commander For The Nomadic Peoples Coalition

"Sir, with all do respect if I'm a Force expert we're all in trouble. It's taking most of my focus not to be going blind right now. Nexus's and practically untrained Miraluka don't mix well in my experience."

Burtch chuckled, “well you’re the best we have. And your Angel has the only functional transmitter that can reach the Shii-Cho. We don’t have any way to receive just yet, here, but I have literally a thousand keepers working on the problem, so I suspect that by the time you would make it to the settlement, we’ll at least have a working receiver. If you accept this mission, we will be able to at least receive reports from the troops on the ground, and they will have some kind of air cover.”

Suddenly, the man at the end of the gang-train yelled into the bridge, “sir! Lookouts say that the other ship has responded to our blink codes, and they have identified it. It’s the Bellum Canis!”

Burtch turned away from Kalic Daws Kalic Daws to address this, but lifted a finger to put a hold on the conversation they were just having, and spoke to the officer, “what did he say?”

The officer just shrugged, “he apologized for scaring us, sir.”

Burtch was at least relieved that they weren’t under attack. And now they had support. He spoke to the officer once more, “use blink codes to order Canis to pull up beside us and lock on with tractor beams. Canis clearly has mor mobility than we do right now, so the extra support will help. And ask him if he has comms.”

He then turned back to Kalic Daws Kalic Daws and resumed his request, “If Canis can transmit and receive, then we can use him as a relay, which increases the success of your mission. Do you accept?”

he had other tasks in mind for Ira Sarrin Ira Sarrin once Shii-Cho’s orbit was secured…

Fey'drah

The comms officer received the blink codes orders and relayed them to Ira, Ira for his part powered down both shields and broadsides it wouldn't be good to look like he was threatening his superior officer. Slowing the ship down to allow for better maneuvering, it took some time but the Bellum Canis pulled up alongside the Shii-Cho facing the same way and roughly 100 meters away. The entire ship shuddered briefly as the tractor beam powered up and took the Shii-Cho in its iron grip.

"Very well lieutenant please ask them what the plan is now" Ira said, I don't like the idea of being a glorified taxi Ira thought to himself.

"Sir yes sir" the comms officer replied.

Outfit: Casual Wear
Tags: Fey'drah

Dreidi shrugged, others she did not really know about for she was the only survivor from her crash. "I didn't see others when I walked here but doesn't mean there aren't more out there I suppose." Dreidi answered with no real confidence in her tone. "I haven't heard of this place, why does the world claim so many lives?" It didn't sound good and Dreidi didn't think a world that was inhabited would be able to be so hazardous or dangerous, otherwise why would there still be people on the planet? Surely they would have all left and fled to another world, another part of the galaxy when given the chance.

"Dreidi Xeraic, I was passing through on my way to Coruscant... I live pretty nomadically so don't have any once place I hail from." Dreidi answered truthfully as she observed the older woman, attempting to understand and figure out what was going on here.

Equipment: Clothing, armor, Lightsaber, Rifle, pistol, Dagger (1), utility belt
Tags: Fey'drah | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | @Others w/o direct interaction (yet)

Jasper, Blip. I'm Audren Sykes, and I'll be honest, meeting under other circumstances would have been preferred."

It wasn't a slight against them. He would have just preferred to not have been pulled from hyperspace and crashed on a planet he didn't know. One that was apparently putting more than just him on edge. It would have been one thing if it were just him but when there was a second person who independently confirmed the sensation it suggested something was actually happening.

"There is a darkness here, but I'm also sensing the tension from this town. They're steeling themselves for...something, but not panicking because of it."

As they turned the corner Audren felt the narrowing point he associated with an impending attack, but it wasn't aimed at him. He barely heard a hiss of something cutting through the air, which faded from hearing almost as soon as it started. Mere seconds later though the sound of the loudspeaker boomed out the start of a countdown, and gongs began sounding. Maybe it was a bit on the primitive side, but it was certainly effective. It raised his metaphorical hackles and put him on edge.

As the gongs gonged a woman approached the two Jedi. She had them pegged for off-worlders, which probably wasn't difficult considering one was carrying a droid around and the other had a number of weapons on his being, and offered them shelter 'before the alarms stopped'. She had an interesting accent the Sephi hadn't heard before...he wondered if everyone in the area had it. Without checking to see if they were following, the woman walked two doors down, unlocked the door, and only then looked to see if they'd followed. Audren had; the other places were being closed up, boarded up, and those few on the streets were rushing to get indoors.

"Thank you, ma'am."

The Master wasn't nearly as nonchalant as his voice might have seemed. With every step he gathered in Force power and formed a mental weave that could form a Force Shield at the flick of a synapse. He simultaneously reached out on the threads of time to get an idea of danger in the immediate future and cast about to get a sense of what situation he was walking into. Given the distances involved he'd have just a second or two of warning if she was leading him to a dozen brigands intent on robbing him, but a second was all he would need. There was also the chance that she was legitimately looking to help. While such situations were rarer in the galaxy at large, they did exist, and as a result he didn't even rest his hand on a weapon.

The same distance sense of danger was still present, still narrowing. Whether or not he was walking into a trap, that would also need to be dealt with sooner or later.

Fey'drah

F
Fey'drah listened quietly, content with a full belly. Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic gave the typical story that many others had done so in the past. It was the same one that was often repeated; just passing through and then a crash, another ship falling victim to Graveyard. And as always they had the urgency to leave among their questions about what caused their crash.

"Graveyard respects no ships and no one. There is a Darkness here that overshadows everything. Even those that were born here can feel it, however we are less affected by it than offworlders, it seems." Most offworlders tended to go insane, which was fine for the citizenry as they provided ample distractions for them. "There is also a black hole nearby, smaller than some might expect, but from others that have crashed here, it is assumed that the black hole is partly what causes ships to malfunction. But I'm no expert. I've never been offworld." She had no desire to leave. She needed to be here for the people that depended on her guidance.

The sounds of the loudspeaker and gongs rang into the air. Fey'drah looked towards the door but didn't get up. Instead she folded her hands on her lap. "It's nightfall. Nothing can be done until the morning. I suggest that you get comfortable. Sleep if you can. Any that venture outside after the alarms are finished is left on their own."

Tobias kept his binoculars trained on the field beyond their gates. The gongs had stopped and their steel gates locked. He saw figures in the dark beyond them, and moreso than just Daro Roz’yrn Daro Roz’yrn and his companions. There were many more. It was tough to see how many given the darkness of their hide, but it was surely them. "Get ready the beacons. They have come at last."

"Do you think it'll work?"

"We can only hope that they'll at least slow them down. Get the archers ready, but don't have them light their tips until after the beacons are lit. And get every abled soldier to the walls now."

"Yes sir!"

Tobias lowered his binoculars, just enough to oversee the entire field with his own eyes. This was going to be a long night. And for the outsiders that didn't make it, the night could be a short one.

Audren Sykes Audren Sykes Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch Kalic Daws Kalic Daws Ira Sarrin Ira Sarrin Lukas Adeline Noctua Adeline Noctua

Lukas

L
"I do wonder why that guy got harpooned, he looked about dead already. Seemed a bit overly dramatic with all that shouting as well." He slowed to a stop, glancing back over his shoulder past the now closed gates, before turning back to Jackal with a small sigh. "No, I haven't been to Nal Hutta, maybe I'll go visit once I find a new ship to escape this place. And, uh, good question actually." He frowned, looking around at the settlement for a moment.

"Not sure where we tend to visit really, I just sort of find a ship and just go wherever really, not much thought goes into it. In hindsight, it's stupid and I guess ending up here, now shipless, will probably make me pay attention to where I'm going."

The Acolyte idly kicked his boots into the ground, continuing to look around at the settlement, before eventually raising his voice and calling out "Anyone want to explain the hurry about getting us in here, and also why that one guy was shot?" Both questions seemed reasonable enough to him considering the circumstances, before he remembered to add on "Also who was the 'them' that we would have otherwise belonged to?"

Adeline Noctua Adeline Noctua Fey'drah

Daro Roz’yrn

• x2 chiss (now missing)
    • x1 Mon Calamari (now missing)
    • x1 Trandoshan (now missing)
    • 1 bonded to a Chiss knight (now missing)
    • 1 bonded to the Mon Calamari (now missing)
    • 1 bonded to Bacceercha

Divider12.png

A single ping rang inside his head through his neural implant, and an alert exploded on his HUD! His Angel, Tin-Can, was unwilling to use a verbal telepathic message, due to the effects of the planet, but could still warn Daro through simpler means. His armor’s sensors had detected an incoming assailant only a fraction of a second before it hit him! Daro didn’t have enough time to unholster any of his blasters, so he extended his left arm on reflex, and prompted his left energy shield to come to life with his neural uplink.

The attacker slammed into his shields with strange, crude looking blades with surprising strength! Part of Daro was suddenly all too aware that he hadn’t taken his strength tea earlier, and he was forced backwards. With his right arm, he reinforced his left arm, trying to keep the attacker from overpowered him. His boots dug into the dirt beneath his feet, but failed to purchase traction as they skidded backwards from the strength of the assailant’s attack.

Eventually, his boots found grip in the loose terrain, and the two men stopped moving backwards. Daro slowly looked up at Opersh Krul Opersh Krul with the flames of the growing forest fire shining off of his large Dornean eyes from beneath his tinted visor.

Face-to-face, Daro was staring at a mutilated man. But that was all Daro could tell about him. Similar beings could be seen fighting with what was left of Daro’s squad, but Daro could not afford to worry about them just right now. He had to count on Bacceercha and the two dogs to take care of themselves.

Grunting, and gritting his teeth, Daro said to his opponent, “Call off… your freaks… or I’ll gut you… here and now…”

Suddenly, a warning on his HUD came up, as the impact from the crude attackers blades and the interference of the planet was beginning to eat away at his left shield prematurely…

yDDW_TtGf6JSZnGsxd62w7L77PUlPKVoj9uGbYH7wepJ8lSSjA2fTsRvXWjhNEIBk32NWZUWbx-t6mD0aoUQqDmwUGamQBBgDQdM8SG6lmBBvPcrtpLMXjWg2HjjRHkbho-iddIJPS8cJIPM9HNHkoNgbFcrl37hXbXLsn794URkk-e7vsfnrfV3zQ

28upzRslXjZDpWZg9eDvlhmPy2n8i4k1hcl8WLXMvX8pzAmBhwX7F05JChezmTk0GkHdWlvqsvHZXFGmpfZpYZGOCVuM9YTj84xMg_tAElgxf-uLqedrI-5nx18PWCIZ9fBdvgh9egO1iVoSHe6mbB30Ttwn07j5HPoBn7drZJRopia5qQcQq7fxJA

Equipment | In Bio
Location | Graveyard
Tag | Lukas

"They must know something we don't then eh? Or it was a show of force, either way... I think I might stick around to see what is going on before I leave."

The boy's response about Nal Hutta made jackal chuckle a bit, she clicks her tongue before giving them a playful light punch to his shoulder.

"Better that you stick away from such places kiddo, wizardry powers or not you would get eaten right up and spat right out. You uh.. Stick to school or whatever it is that you brooding types do. But I do suppose if you are ever in Nal Hutta, ask around for me. And if you aren't some squishy kid then I am sure you can find work with the Hutts, they pay well and only ask that the target is dead."

Her keen ears hear what sounded like combat off in those woods, guess some unlucky idiots got caught up with whatever was out there.. Thinking about it, what was out there? They smelt odd, and there were hundreds of smells.

Jackal was about to ask the same questions as Lukas did, so instead, she crosses her arms and remains idle, simply watching and listening to whatever responses the young Sith would get.

mQfuKTXUDnJ-wpQXtGR3jHdGaBv4Rxra2vagVEtQ5rQNYVyIzIgmqgTnTK2_0TGX2uAnCsDAnAEsdzq5UfKQ1iAwx-Pn32uM_2KLR2fSo2mNksZ9u8SqWVspha10zbMQl9NVdzgbf3okA8IyRMIc5AUeubRjOlC0-UMbo6-avgsX5zYefxV661isbQ

Kalic took a breath, clearly not so certain about this plan. Still he simply nodded and turned to head to the hanger bay. Shen he got there, Jee was already working hard, apparently trying to take some heat off of Starcrest in keeping systems running.

"You seem worried."

"Burtch wants us to fly in this stuff. I may need help keeping my vision focused if you can help me."

"I can try, but this might not be all that fun." Kalic clmbed in, nodding a bit.

"Well if we don't feel good we'll fly back in is all." The pilot would quickly flip some switches before heading out of the hanger, unsure at what was to come.

Fey'drah

F
The woman eyed the outsiders Audren Sykes Audren Sykes and Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el as they walked inside of her home. She closed the door behind them and secured it. Not so much in the way to keep them in, but to keep other things out.

It wasn't long before the gongs finished. She drew a finger to her lips and whispered. "We can talk, but must keep our voices down. Otherwise they'll hear us." She sat down on a chair and gestured to the other chairs adjacent to her own. "You crashed here, didn't you? Offworlders usually do. They don't seem to like a lot of technology. That's what the other settlements have told us. They dismantle ships and not to steal their parts, but to destroy them. That's....not all that they do though."

There was plenty to fill them in on, but they had to be quiet as well. Or at least that was the old routine.

Outside within the settlements walls, guards and soldiers were hurrying past Lukas and Adeline Noctua Adeline Noctua , some giving the two curious glances before continuing to the forward walls. All moved quietly and nearly silently, yet they left the two alone.

All but one, that is. He was young, barely into adulthood and his armour looked a size too big. When he spoke, his voice's pitched changed with every word he whispered; "You might want to go inside if you know what's good for you. Only soldiers are allowed on the streets. It's safer that way."

Lukas

L
"Sounds like an interesting place." He shrugged as she described Nal Hutta. "I'd like to think I'm not particularly squishy, but we'll see, maybe I'll go looking for some work in the future."

The Acolyte seemed to be growing impatient as people hurried by him, the occasional glances and lack of answers only worsening his mood. On a couple of occasions, he'd began to reach out to grab an arm or catch someones occasion if they came particularly close, but to no avail. He continued to glance over towards the walls, letting out a sigh.

However, the approach of the man momentarily at least bought a sense of relief to Lukas, fully expecting to finally get some answers. However, it just left him more confused, his face showing no signs of masking any kind emotion, a mix of frustration and confusion being extremely evident. "Sure, I'l go inside, but you owe us a few answers at the very least." He set off, walking very slowly towards the nearest building with very little care for what the building was. "What's so dangerous about being outside, who is 'them'.." He repeated all of his earlier questions while the boy was still able to hear him.

Adeline Noctua Adeline Noctua Fey'drah

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom