Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Nomadic Under-Uniform Skinsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grand Shepherd Burtch

Fleet Commander For The Nomadic Peoples Coalition

IMG_0870.jpg

IMG_1612.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Make an standard under-armor uniform for the enlisted and commissioned personnel in the Nomadic Peoples Coalition, with an eye towards space-travel safety requirements.
  • Image Source:
    • Outfit (X)
    • Collapsible helmet (X)
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: (X)
  • Primary Source: (X) (X)

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: standard under-armor/uniform skinsuit for the enlisted and commissioned personnel in the Nomadic Peoples Coalition.
  • Weight: Very Light
  • Resistances:
    • Kinetic: Very Low
    • Lightsabers: Very Low
    • Energy: Low
    • Stun: Low
    • Sonic: Average
    • Radiation: High
    • Extreme temperatures: High
    • Environmental: Very High
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Tracking numbers on all articles for laundry staff/droids.
  • Collapsible Flexicris and A99 Aquata Breather emergency helmet is stored in the collar that deploys automatically in the case of a depressurization and can be manually deployed in the presence of toxins. The collapsible helmet does not go off if the wearer has the Nephilim Marine Armour on over this item.
  • Homing/distress beacon hidden in the collar. Designed to go off 60 seconds after depressurization. It can also be set off or deactivated manually.

STRENGTHS
  • Protection. limited combat protection for a navy uniform, due to the high quality fabrics that are used. It’s not much, but better than nothing.
  • Skin Tight. Can fit comfortably under almost any outfit, including the Nephilim Marine Armour.
  • Comfortable. Made of fabric, and well fitted, makes these uniforms wearable for long periods of time while on duty.
  • Atmospheric Protection. While this uniform is not like a spacesuit, it does offer effective protection against hard vacuum and airborne toxins in the event that these threats are detected.

WEAKNESSES
  • Water. The materials soak up water like a sponge and get heavy.
  • Expensive. For a uniform that is worn every day by Coalition Navy Personnel, it is a considerable expense for the navy as a whole because of the high quality materials that are used to make it.
  • Bullets. Not much resistance at all to high speed projectiles.
  • No HUD when the emergency collapsible helmet is deployed.

DESCRIPTION
Like so many things in the Nomadic Peoples Coalition, this outfit is derived from items that were ubiquitous within the old Elysium Imperium when Damascus Station was an imperial asset.

This is a fairly durable, high quality skinsuit uniform worn by any-and-all military personnel of the Nomadic Peoples Coalition, both commissioned and enlisted. The Fabric is a greyish green colour with and very comfortable. All Coalition Navy personnel are expected to keep their uniforms crisp and clean. While laundry staff/droids are often required to handle the laundry needs of naval warships and outposts, the ironing of creases and polishing of leather are the responsibility of junior officers and enlisted crew. Senior officers have the option of having service droids iron and polish their uniforms for them if they so choose.

The technical-looking collar is not merely cosmetic; in a crisis or depressurization event, the inner collar deploys into a full flexicris helmet, utilizing a modern version of the excellent A99 Aqua Breather. The blinking lighted section of the front of the collar conceals the solid portions of the rebreather, as well as giving the wearer a somewhat formal appearance. Despite it’s versatility and lightness, the helmet is designed for disasters, not combat. There is no HUD display, no electronics and no communicators built into the helmet.

The homing/distress beacon is hidden inside the collar. It is designed to go off automatically 60 seconds after a depressurization is detected. The beacon can also be activated/deactivated manually by the wearer.

Last edited:
HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch

The armour is basically good, but there are serious problems with the ratings.
  • Now we pay more attention to min-maxing, meaning if you only write a resistance (especially the Force) to get three points from it, we won’t accept it.
  • There is no such resistance like the Water, this is Environmental or Element.
  • There is no such resistance like the Fire, this is Environmental or Element.
  • The “Piercing” is a Kinetic resistance.
  • The Airborne toxins, these usually affect the wearer not the armour, and if you have a helmet of course, it is high, without a helmet you don't have such resistance. So you can delete this one, this is a special feature.
  • Depressurization, with the vacuum, I usually mention under the Environmental resistances. And like the other, if the uniform/armour doesn't have a helmet, no matter how high it is, the wearer will die. So if this submission has no helmet, I suggest removing this resistance, because it is useless.
Because of these, I don't count the balance yet, because you have to rework the entire resistance section.

Grand Shepherd Burtch

Fleet Commander For The Nomadic Peoples Coalition
Hi MANIAC MANIAC

Thank you for your review. I am certainly happy to rework the resistances section to better fit the balancing system, and I will, but before I do we will need to clarify the helmet section. In the special features section, I mention:

Collapsible Flexicris and A99 Aquata Breather hood is stored in the collar that deploys automatically in the case of a depressurization and can be manually deployed in the presence of toxins. The hood does not go off if the wearer has the Nephilim Marine Armour on over this item.

Now, admittedly, when I refered to this as a “hood” it was probably the wrong word, and I should have used words like “collapsible helmet” and I will be adding an image to support this, but providing that you accept as a helmet, then do I count airborne resistances under environmental, or a separate resistance?

Here is the image that I think I’ll be using, to help illustrate what I had in mind. I don’t know why I didn’t use it before lol:

IMG_1612.png

Also, can I possibly see a list if one is available that breaks down the sorts of things that environmental resistance covers? I’m always tempted to use it, but I worry that it’s too vague.

Last edited:
HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch

Thank you for the clarification. Actually it is enough to mention in the special features. After all, every air filter filters them out, and you can find this in every poison sub as a weakness, if the target wears a helmet or a filter, those (poisons, etc.) are ineffective. This is sci-fi, these are basic requirement in a helmet, you don't really have to mention it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom